Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Kashuno posted:

We should've just never unlocked any jobs because I doubt freelancer ever got a vig. Anybody pick white mage? If not we should all swap if possible and create a healing chain

Didn't KB already pretty much say he got white mage? Maybe he could just confirm first that it does in fact provide protection right away at level 1, as opposed to the next day at level 2. Or that could be really bad.

what I wanna know is how CPig ever thought we'd even make it to the 4th crystal's jobs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Mr. F! posted:

Im having a hard time engaging with this thread, could each of you guys give me some "homework" and tell me a person that you'd like for me to read their post history and give my thoughts on? That'd be great.

I always have a hard time re-entering a conversation when I missed time out. I make a lot of my calls from the context and nuance of different situations as they occur.

I'm going to limit this to four people for the time being, and maybe more depending on how much time i have tonight.

moat, IS, stickup, um...who else were vote leaders yesterday?

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
my scumdar is leaning towards bif for one bc of posts like this

hedgy:

Bifauxnen posted:

yeah I wouldn't be mad about choosing stickup since that was pretty suss with him actually backing up something I said and all. I like to joke about anyone agreeing with me being scummy, but it often does turn out that when I didn't take it seriously, they were scum.

HOWEVER

I think Tobbs's particular case for stickup is even more scummy! The whole thing read as an obvious joke to me, especially since it was clarified right after. Like why would a scum even go there?

...then again, scum could probably come up with a more subtle and insidious case than some poo poo like: "look, Stickup said he agreed, then said he lied, then said no wait he was serious all along, and jokes do not exist so CONTRADICTION SPOTTED!"

gently caress it I'm gonna just leave my vote on BK for now

well not everything :mad:

setup spec:

Bifauxnen posted:

One thing I was confused about - if the Red Mage level 1 "power" is just having reduced cost to switch out of the job, how are you supposed to gain more proficiency in Red Maging except by constantly switching in and out of it at the slow rate of 1 change per day? But then I just answered my own question while I was trying to look up what CPig said:

Now what I'm still confused about is how CPig will deal with spells in his system. In the game, you didn't learn spells by levelling up in a job. The job just determined which spells you were allowed to use at the time. You learned spells by finding spellbook items or buying them from a shop, not from leveling up in a job. But there's no gold in this game apparently, just CP. So how do we learn the spells? Is it by leveling up in the jobs after all?

Like a Black Mage could use all black magic eventually, while a Red Mage could only use the more basic spells in both white and black magic. But according to Asiina, a Red Mage doesn't have the ability to do jack poo poo at level 1. (not even attack?) This sounds pretty drat weird. Unless all jobs start with jack poo poo and you need to level up a bit to do stuff with them, so we don't have pure role madness right out the gate.

Anyway, this exercise has got me thinking that Asiina has a bit of a point that revealing some mechanics could be helpful, so town can get a better understanding of how this poo poo works. But if we're locked in to only 1 change per day, and it's probably too late for most people now anyway, I don't see any point to it right now. It could at least wait till D2 so scum wouldn't have any idea of who's better to target tonight. Then tomorrow, just a few people who feel safe doing so could confirm some details in the morning, before people make their choices for D2 of whether they wanna switch jobs or not.

Also, anyone right about to be lynched could obviously just fullclaim whatever they know on the way out.

misrepresenting my post/actions:

Bifauxnen posted:

note to self: come back to this to check out AN if Moat flips town. Helping to swing the vote in Moat's direction to build momentum at a time when they were tied, while disclaiming responsibility cause it was "rng"

this is her 4th vote on someone different within 24 hours:

Bifauxnen posted:

I really like that case

a lot

##vote IllegallySober

the fact that he cannot at least appreciate its pure artistry makes his reaction all the more scummy

also there's still been a lot more vote jumping even since then. would vote bif.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Would also vote Bif

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

I also had 5 Chore points stolen from me last night on top of the RB.

Someone's a thief

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

misrepresenting my post/actions:

Okay, how exactly was it misrepresenting?

Not that I'd mind too much being raptured up before the black magic apocalypse

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Saying I was trying to build momentum on moat

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Saying I was trying to build momentum on moat

Whether you were trying or not, your vote just happened to fall at a time when Moat and Stickup were equally tied. So yes, it would help build momentum whether you liked it or not.

As I said right there in the post, if Moat flipped town (which we do not know yet), I would want to look back at that vote of yours as suspicious.

quote:

note to self: come back to this to check out AN if Moat flips town. Helping to swing the vote in Moat's direction to build momentum at a time when they were tied, while disclaiming responsibility cause it was "rng"

I mean, you say you weren't trying to, and you say it was just chosen by rng, but I do not know this because town does not know everyone's alignment and thus sometimes, we have to wonder whether things are a lie because they are from scum!

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Bifauxnen posted:

Whether you were trying or not, your vote just happened to fall at a time when Moat and Stickup were equally tied. So yes, it would help build momentum whether you liked it or not.

As I said right there in the post, if Moat flipped town (which we do not know yet), I would want to look back at that vote of yours as suspicious.

I mean, you say you weren't trying to, and you say it was just chosen by rng, but I do not know this because town does not know everyone's alignment and thus sometimes, we have to wonder whether things are a lie because they are from scum!

Making cases based on votes moving from one unflipped player to another is bad.

Take Moat vs. Stickup for example. If Moat flips town, it doesn't mean anything. It only potentially has meaning if Moat flips town AND Stickup flips scum.

Is that your case/reasoning? Do you know stickup's alignment? Is that why you're continuing down this path of logical reasoning, rather than saying "I probably shouldn't be casing people for changing momentum from one unflipped player to another."?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Making cases based on votes moving from one unflipped player to another is bad.

Take Moat vs. Stickup for example. If Moat flips town, it doesn't mean anything. It only potentially has meaning if Moat flips town AND Stickup flips scum.

Is that your case/reasoning? Do you know stickup's alignment? Is that why you're continuing down this path of logical reasoning, rather than saying "I probably shouldn't be casing people for changing momentum from one unflipped player to another."?

that would be why I said "note to self", to "come back to this" to check out AN, after that happened. This would also be why I did not bother to vote for AN or act like this was something that could be called scummy yet. You are correct though that it only means something special if Moat is town AND Stickup is scum, otherwise there is no reason to try and sway the vote. I did think Stickup was fairly scummy though, and was still voting Stickup myself at the time, in hopes Stickup could have been lynched by then. It was something I thought interesting at the time, and wanted to remember for later.

Might be hard to follow though, what with my placing 4 votes over the course of 24 hours.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I think bif and kb are scum together and I feel really left out rn

:(

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Bifauxnen posted:

that would be why I said "note to self", to "come back to this" to check out AN, after that happened. This would also be why I did not bother to vote for AN or act like this was something that could be called scummy yet. You are correct though that it only means something special if Moat is town AND Stickup is scum, otherwise there is no reason to try and sway the vote. I did think Stickup was fairly scummy though, and was still voting Stickup myself at the time, in hopes Stickup could have been lynched by then. It was something I thought interesting at the time, and wanted to remember for later.

Might be hard to follow though, what with my placing 4 votes over the course of 24 hours.

I do still think stickup's claimed vig target (non-vote leader, not even who he pushed) is dicey.

Like, I can see him not killing Moat or IS if he had a strong town read on them, but he pushed me all day and then killed Infinitum.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Moatillata posted:

Awww and here I was feeling bad for wanting to not go the BM route when we coulda done a double love suicide

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Moatillata posted:

I am waiting for KB to post lol

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I am waiting for KB to post lol

He said he was at a work conference and can't post until evenings

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I do still think stickup's claimed vig target (non-vote leader, not even who he pushed) is dicey.

Like, I can see him not killing Moat or IS if he had a strong town read on them, but he pushed me all day and then killed Infinitum.

what is your goal here? do you want me to kill you tonight to make up for it?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Imma vig cpig

HO HO HO

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

this is a stickup posted:

Hot.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

If you do I would suggest not claiming it lol, it will look bad. Just say x number of kills must have been blocked N2 and you withheld your night action.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
no, I'll not lie to the town

thanks for the tip though

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Note to self: make sure to wait 24 hours before casting another joke vote for myself

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I got you covered ##vote bifauxnen

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

GulagDolls posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALEwLnq1ZrI

These are the journal entries of famed archaeologist Doctor Takahashi, recollected from the "Merk's Tomb" dig site, which has since been quarantined. Doctor Takahashi's writings are fragmentary and presented as they were found, unchanged.

JOURNAL #2010:

DOCTOR TAKAHASHI: For years, I have extensively documented the mysterious artifacts known as "cases." Who created the cases? For what purpose did they serve these ancient peoples? No matter how many hours I spent pouring myself into my research, I could not uncover the answer. For months I tossed and turned, my mind a miasma of sorrow and rage. I began to think that the only way to understand the minds of these case-makers, was to attempt to make a case MYSELF. My colleagues call this endeavor a "ferocious obsession," but I remain steadfast. Thankfully, my laboratory assistant, "IllegallySober," has agreed to support me in this. They will attempt to make cases of their own, and in turn be the subject of my case.

DOCTOR TAKAHASHI: Though not a member of the Proto-Humanoid race of peoples known as "Mafia Players" myself, I was confident in my ability to imitate their actions. My only hope is that it is safe to do so. For what use is knowledge, if one loses his soul? Nevertheless, I surmised that my specimen seemed... self-conscious. They had made an excuse for themselves being late, despite the lack of any impetus, urging, or harassment from their peers. From this, I gathered that, perhaps, they were hiding something.

JOURNAL #2015

DOCTOR TAKAHASHI: It has been three days since I began making the "case." Astonishing to think that the structure of these artifacts remained largely the same over thousands of years, as the populace that invented them was overtaken and swollen with savages from the Southeast, but I digress. Here, I once again take note of my subject's anxious heart. In so many words, they
had brought up two opposing arguments, and both rejected and embraced them at the same time. This behaviour speaks of a narcissistic mind, concerned only with itself. I begin to grow disgusted with my fellow. I know that they are hiding something. I will uncover the truth.

A piece of writing from another researcher, the only one of its kind, was also recovered. From our best estimates, It would seem to fit in somewhere between entries 2015 and 2030 of Takahashi's writings.

JOURNAL X:

UNKNOWN: Dr Takahashi's obsession is truly frightening...some say he is part Mafia Player himself. I feel extremely uneasy with him heading this expedition. Our numbers have thinned considerably from the many traps set to protect the tomb of "Merk." Yet we slouch onward without reluctance, as if pulled deeper by some unseen hand...

JOURNAL #2030

DOCTOR TAKAHASHI: Since the dawn of civilization, mankind has been enthralled and stupefied by the majestic glory of Merk. His influence holds language even today. Who has not said that they would like to be "as good as Merk," or described their hatred of the Australians as "Merk-like"? Injudicious nu-humans would deny us this benevolent heritage in favor of an insensitive and vacuous populism. My fellow researcher was a perfect example of this. After so long into our expedition, they still approached their casework with such non-nonchalance. How could they not see the importance of what we were doing?! They continued to rely on what the [unintelligible] called "Joke-phase."

But that is at an end now. I have found the resting place of Merk. He has spoken to me. He has told me that there is a way to blow away the noxious miasma infesting our country and reinstate His divine rule. The offering of blood and spirit has been made. Their is only one step left. I will now sever my own head and place it upon the cerebral chrono-platform.

After an investigation of Merk's Tomb, Doctor Takahashi and his fellow researchers were declared missing. There were fresh blood spatters found in many corridors and rooms, but no bodies. The burial chamber room was also found completely empty. An investigation into these disappearances is ongoing.

##vote illegallysober

This is an amazing post

##vote IS

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

If you do I would suggest not claiming it lol, it will look bad. Just say x number of kills must have been blocked N2 and you withheld your night action.

Promoting lies? I do not like this tobbs.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Mithross posted:

Promoting lies? I do not like this tobbs.

You are missing that we're talking snarkily about him murdering me.

(I hope it's snarky don't kill me)

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

:colbert:

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

You are missing that we're talking snarkily about him murdering me.

I misread a quote and thought he was threatening to off someone else, and you were telling him to lie about that. My mistake.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

This road, it's familiar. Town aligned dayvig/nightvig lol.

(pls no im gud)

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

WHO STOLE MY CHORE POINTS?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

That's a lot of posts, someone give me the highlights while I work on catching up tia

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Mr. F! posted:

WHO STOLE MY CHORE POINTS?

got some chores tonight is an unannounced thief player obviously

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

chaoslord posted:

That's a lot of posts, someone give me the highlights while I work on catching up tia

tobbs is suicidal!

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

tobbs is suicidal!

Noooooo

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

tobbs is suicidal!

so am I

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Kashuno posted:

I think Moat is town because he is really not being careful with his words

Just wanna say that moat slipped in ecco game by not being careful about words so I wouldn't consider that a town mark

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

chaoslord posted:

Just wanna say that moat slipped in ecco game by not being careful about words so I wouldn't consider that a town mark

How did I slip that game?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Moatillata posted:

How did I slip that game?

You claimed to be a VT that got "I was jailed" flavor. Huge, giant, red flag lie that you just blurted out not thinking. But I let it go because I am an idiot and listened to taste and was a double idiot and tunneled on a fake sounding claim rather than a 10000% lie.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
was scum, lied about it to cover it up, can confirm

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

People I would vote today:

*Bottleknight
*Tobbs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

chaoslord posted:

You claimed to be a VT that got "I was jailed" flavor. Huge, giant, red flag lie that you just blurted out not thinking. But I let it go because I am an idiot and listened to taste and was a double idiot and tunneled on a fake sounding claim rather than a 10000% lie.

I dunno really believed that Ecco would give flavor. I remember max talking about sending fake actions like ##read in bed and getting flavor from Ecco during in re lacenda so I thought it was p defensible.

Point taken tho

• Locked thread