Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
I really enjoyed the first Gravity Rush but it's kind of crazy how abruptly it ends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Yodzilla posted:

I really enjoyed the first Gravity Rush but it's kind of crazy how abruptly it ends.
I figured it was part of the time pressure because it was a launch game for the Vita. It is still one of my favorite launch games for any console though (not that I played it on the Vita).

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
To me BB is like a souls game because it is hard as poo poo and I'm real bad at it

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Yodzilla posted:

Gravity Rush 2 answers every question it raises and puts a bow on the story as a whole.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Is there really that much to say about 1? Girl wakes up with no memories and super powers, has wacky adventures and saves the town from monsters. The game doesn't even make much progress on the memories or super powers mysteries, other than that there is some ancient god civilization because of course there is.

Edit: maybe there's more but I forgot because I'm not THAT into the intricacies of super powered girls fight monsters and save the city stories.

You've forgotten the weirder poo poo in the story outside the monsters, and that poo poo does come up again in Gravity Rush 2 with an expectation that you've already played the first game. You need to play Gravity Rush first.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

There's something very strange about people reading up on video game stories.

Just play GR2 if you want to play it. I didn't play GR1 and GR2 is fine. Everything you need to know is told to you in the first 10 minutes. "I came from somewhere else. I had gravity powers. Me and my friends were in a big battle and then got separated. I ended up here, in the sequel."

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Attitude Indicator posted:

There's something very strange about people reading up on video game stories.

Just play GR2 if you want to play it. I didn't play GR1 and GR2 is fine. Everything you need to know is told to you in the first 10 minutes. "I came from somewhere else. I had gravity powers. Me and my friends were in a big battle and then got separated. I ended up here, in the sequel."

If you haven't finished it yet, you are very wrong.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Can't believe trump is president

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

If you haven't finished it yet, you are very wrong.

I have not and I might be.

E: I doubt it though.

Attitude Indicator fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Jan 25, 2017

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Let me put it this way: the things I like about Gravity Rush, and almost all open world games, have little to do with the overarching story. These games are mostly just a series of wacky moments to me. GR1 was pretty good at delivering those moments but 2 is even better.

Edit: incidentally Yakuza 0 is also excellent at this.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

tumor looking batty posted:

Can't believe trump is president

What game are you playing?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Regy Rusty posted:

No i just mean the people who can't get through the first half hour to get to the amazing parts are dumb

last I checked, only about half of the people on steam that've played dark souls 2 have beaten the first boss; 1/5 of the people that have started the game quit before getting the achievement for dying

most people don't finish the games they buy and a lot of them don't even get that far. they especially don't finish games if they don't hook them early. I'm sure persona 4 dropped a bunch of people from the hours long intro as well

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Is this the thread where I post about how good dark souls games are?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

last I checked, only about half of the people on steam that've played dark souls 2 have beaten the first boss; 1/5 of the people that have started the game quit before getting the achievement for dying

most people don't finish the games they buy and a lot of them don't even get that far. they especially don't finish games if they don't hook them early. I'm sure persona 4 dropped a bunch of people from the hours long intro as well

And they disgust me

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Captain Yossarian posted:

Is this the thread where I post about how good dark souls games are?

No, that's literally every other thread on the internet including ones not about Dark Souls in any way. This is where you talk about Knack.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

ImpAtom posted:

No, that's literally every other thread on the internet including ones not about Dark Souls in any way. This is where you talk about Knack.

Can someone clarify how Knack resembles dark souls? Really pitch it to me? :grin:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

both knack and dark souls have the letters a and k in them

mrbass21
Feb 1, 2009

Manatee Cannon posted:

both knack and dark souls have the letters a and k in them

Yeah, but the size of the K is completely different. It changes the gameplay fundamentally.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

not when your grasp of proper grammar is as tenuous as my own

all k's are created equally in my eyes

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Managed to snag RE7 from redbox. I've only finished the intro, but it was pretty drat good. Biggest thing I noticed, this is not Amnesia, it's Resident Evil. The heart and soul of the series is still very much in there.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
It's worth mentioning that the demo for Gravity Rush 2 is a poo poo representation of the game

SamBishop
Jan 10, 2003

Beastie posted:

So I just watched my girlfriend play through Journey. It was a first for both of us. She really really liked it. Both of of us had no idea that the fellow travelers you meet aren't NPC's.

We came across them and just thought it was rudimentary programming that they spam a symbol and run around. It wasn't until after we beat the game that the reveal was made.

We were both blown away. Video games are art, sometimes.

I just went through one of the most ridiculous days (and it's not over yet - gently caress you, sweepstakes) of my loving life. And then I see stuff like this.

None of my bullshit matters anymore. This is what games are supposed to be. I hope you and your wife scooted around and chirped to help others, because that was why that game was made. No joke, that was the reason. Go forth, help, they will have no idea how hard you worked.

JEEEEEEZUS is Journey one of the best things that has happened to our platform.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Knack Souls.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Can someone clarify how Knack resembles dark souls? Really pitch it to me? :grin:

Both are better than Fire Emblem.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Does the PS Blog not post Store updates anymore? Haven't seen any posts there for the past couple weeks?

If that's the case, where's the best place to get that info now?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

Both are better than Fire Emblem.

that's hosed up

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
I Platinum'ed Gravity Rush on Vita a year ago, bought the Remaster and still had fun with it. It's a simple but good game with nice story and dialogue. I just love that you spend the first fifteen minutes of the game getting a place to live and then collecting furniture and a bed. It's like Kiki's Delivery Service with monster blobs.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Actually, before Bloodborne was released, Knack was probably the closest thing to a Souls game on the PS4. It has deceptively punishing difficulty where a couple enemy hits will destroy you, uses melee-based combat that requires you to think about positioning and dodging all the time, and has some gameplay elements where your experience can be slightly affected by others who have played the game

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

seriously did one of you steal 50 copies of knack and you're just trying to get people to buy them ironically

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Knack is just a meme at this point, don't think too hard about it.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Seriously the final boss of Knack and Rom, the Vacuous Spider basically have the same gameplay design

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

that's unfortunate for knack

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
Yakuza 0 is, much like the others, great. Might be the best? Feels good.
I enjoy the save screen still being designed like the ps3 interface.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The most important move in Knack is a dodge-roll to give you iframes

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Hey guys what's better Dark Souls or Bloodborne? Are either of them good games?

Is Uncharted 4 good? I've heard varying opinions

Should I really get a pro if I don't have a 4k TV? I mean I saw a slim bundle for $260 probably just get that...don't care for Uncharted 4 tho...should I just get a pro? Is it worth the extra money?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Buy a PS4 Amateur with The Order 1886 and a $300 4k tv and you're all set.

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

rabidsquid posted:

seriously did one of you steal 50 copies of knack and you're just trying to get people to buy them ironically

If like me you find yourself becoming irrationally angry at people constantly referencing Knack then its best just to ignore them especially if it's CharlieFoxtrot who seems to think it's hilarious

Probably best to ignore him to start with anyway unless for some reason you like context-less quotes

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Renoistic posted:

I Platinum'ed Gravity Rush on Vita a year ago, bought the Remaster and still had fun with it. It's a simple but good game with nice story and dialogue. I just love that you spend the first fifteen minutes of the game getting a place to live and then collecting furniture and a bed. It's like Kiki's Delivery Service with monster blobs.

In Gravity Rush 2 you can customize the decorations in Kat's house. It affects nothing gameplay-wise, but damned if I can't decide whether Dusty should have a straw bed or a fancy proper cat bed to sleep in :allears:.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Ramagamma posted:

If like me you find yourself becoming irrationally angry at people constantly referencing Knack then its best just to ignore them especially if it's CharlieFoxtrot who seems to think it's hilarious

Probably best to ignore him to start with anyway unless for some reason you like context-less quotes

im not angry i just dont get it at all. its like the dark sinister underside of dad jokes, but the dad has chained you to a bed and pops in every few hours saying he's got a KNACK for accommodations

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Knack is not a loving joke and I have been serious about the subject since 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Buy a PS4 Amateur with The Order 1886 and a $300 4k tv and you're all set.

Wow I followed your advice and my TVs HDR doesn't work with the PS4 even tho the box says HDR >:-|

Also my PS4 keeps making this beeping sound and trying to eject discs

The Order loving sucks wtf man?