Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

e: Yeah Expanse is on Prime. Netflix has the international rights if you're not in the US.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Mu Zeta posted:

Not for me. I'm in the US.

So am I. I saw it a few days ago. Maybe it was to buy only?

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Expanse became free on Amazon Prime in the US on Dec 21st.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I didn't know Expanse popped up on Amazon Prime. Thanks.

12 Monkeys S2 was definitely on Hulu while it was airing as I was just queuing all the episodes with the intention on binging both seasons when they were done. But then as soon as it was over it was gone. It was weird, but it also happened at the time Hulu ditched its Hulu/Hulu+ divide and just went full paid so I have no idea how much of it was that.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

If you never actually watched them, I can see how you could be mistaken. Syfy was publishing their content through the Hulu portal, but it was actually streaming through Syfy.com and required a cable login independent of Hulu sub. It was never anything more than a front end.

That's why it disappeared, it disappeared from Syfy.com after it aired. Season 1 is there through Hulu itself.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

That makes sense. Yeah, I never watched any of them, I just had them on my queue waiting to binge and then they either all disappeared from it or the Hulu changover happened and the queue disappeared and I couldn't find them again.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
You can buy s2 of 12 monkeys on Amazon prime. Totally worth it, in my opinion.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Hey the Oscars are on TV right? gently caress the Oscars for not nominating Sing Street for anything. "Drive It Like You Stole It" is a fantastic song and better than whatever trash heap Justin Timberlake wrote for Trolls. No one will remember La La Land in 6 months.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuWTcmjnEGY

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Mu Zeta posted:

No one will remember La La Land in 6 months.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abn6cPxrc5w

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

You all are describing a really crappy version of The Running Man.

Yes, exactly. It needs to be more gamey and artificial, not less. Like a free-range American Gladiators.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
We had a 200gb data cap for like 3 months before the shitstorm of public response made them raise it to 1000gb (which, this month, we've used half of, and that includes downloading a lot of large PS4 games).

Which areas still have a 200gb cap? That would indeed be awful.

precision fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jan 24, 2017

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

This show is cheesy as gently caress, but I enjoy it so I'm glad about this.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/librarians-renewed-season-4-968049

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

McSpanky posted:

Yes, exactly. It needs to be more gamey and artificial, not less. Like a free-range American Gladiators.

There's always INTERCEPTOR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pj9H6YJb7g

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

GreenNight posted:

This show is cheesy as gently caress, but I enjoy it so I'm glad about this.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/librarians-renewed-season-4-968049

I'm pretty glad about this also, the latest season really felt like a final season.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The finale was really weird where they were just about to kill off Noah Wyle's character and then pulled away at the last second. Also kind of goofy was the part at the very end where Cassandra and Stone state that they will never use their powers again.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
Yeah, that really solidified the "this is the last season... and we're renewed!" feel of the season. They were fore-shadowing Noah Wyle's character dying for most of the season, anyway.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OM7B56xok9M

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Mu Zeta posted:

Hey the Oscars are on TV right? gently caress the Oscars for not nominating Sing Street for anything. "Drive It Like You Stole It" is a fantastic song and better than whatever trash heap Justin Timberlake wrote for Trolls. No one will remember La La Land in 6 months.

What this guy said.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

precision posted:

We had a 200gb data cap for like 3 months before the shitstorm of public response made them raise it to 1000gb (which, this month, we've used half of, and that includes downloading a lot of large PS4 games).

Australia does, for sure and it's slow as gently caress.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Well if it's slow then 200gb is probably fine. Not like you'll be able to burn through it anyway.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I easy do 200 gig a month.

5 pc's, ps4 , Netflix, Kodi, Youtube. It adds up.

Only recently stopped downloading tv.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Downloading the 2016 Doom on steam is like 50 gigs alone.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

precision posted:

Rocksicles posted:

Australia does, for sure and it's slow as gently caress.

This.

I can't even get ADSL2+ in my area despite living 25km from the CBD of the second biggest city in the country. Wireless is my only option, hence the 200GB cap. There are 50/12 and 12/5 plans which both poo poo on my current 1.5/.5 speed. I'll go the slower of the two so I can pay for a bigger cap.

How much data does an hour of 1080p video on something like Netflix use up?

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

Snak posted:

It is actually not similar to House at all except that it star Hugh Laurie as a doctor who's last name is the title! Which really made me roll my eyes at first. But Chance is not a procedural, or even particularly episodic. It is a serialized, modern-noir, slow-burn thriller.

Yeah, I'm three episodes in and loving it for exactly these reasons, this is exactly my kind of show. Thanks for the rec.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Looten Plunder posted:

This.

I can't even get ADSL2+ in my area despite living 25km from the CBD of the second biggest city in the country. Wireless is my only option, hence the 200GB cap. There are 50/12 and 12/5 plans which both poo poo on my current 1.5/.5 speed. I'll go the slower of the two so I can pay for a bigger cap.

bout 3 gig an hour.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Is Mad Dogs getting a second season, if so is there a date?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Witchfinder General

Supergirl is the best show out there and it just makes me feel good to watch it.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Looten Plunder posted:

Is Mad Dogs getting a second season, if so is there a date?

Actually, it's not. Apparently the viewership was there, but Amazon didn't like Shawn Ryan and Chris Cole's pitch for the second season, so they mutually agreed to call it.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
The British version is way better anyway.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

If anyone is still in doubt Sweet/Vicious is really really really good.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

-Blackadder- posted:

Yeah, I'm three episodes in and loving it for exactly these reasons, this is exactly my kind of show. Thanks for the rec.

Sure thing. It's so good. More people need to give it a chance...

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

MiddleOne posted:

If anyone is still in doubt Sweet/Vicious is really really really good.

I almost quit at the "LeBong James" joke but I'm glad I stuck with it.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst

Looten Plunder posted:

This.

Amazon always tells me that it uses 7GB per hour.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Rocksicles posted:

The British version is way better anyway.

New thread title?

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Mu Zeta posted:

I mean having your main form of promotion in the states be a controversy about how you poo poo-talked the star of your Hollywood debut is a great way to ensure you don't get nominated for a Hollywood award.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

BSam posted:

New thread title?

Ha! It happens to be true. Plus Spain is gorgeous.

John Simm and Marc Warren are very good in it.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mu Zeta posted:

I almost quit at the "LeBong James" joke but I'm glad I stuck with it.

Why, mine's called Kareem Abdul Jabong

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oh man, the ending to the penultimate episode of Lemony Snicket is both miserable and inconvenient.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Rarity posted:

Oh man, the ending to the penultimate episode of Lemony Snicket is both miserable and inconvenient.

You might even call it... unfortunate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Rarity posted:

Episode 7? I'm drawing a blank on how it was particularly miserable

I'm watching Zoo while laid up after another tooth surgery and hahaha

"What are bats doing in Antarctica?"
"Covering the solar panels"

This show is amazing

• Locked thread