Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

The Bible posted:

Pokemon sent from Gen 6 to Bank can never go back.

What's this about the grey square then? Is it just that you can move them in and out of Bank until you save and quit Bank?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

What's the best way to level weaker mons in post-game SuMo?

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

-Fish- posted:

What's the best way to level weaker mons in post-game SuMo?

I think if you want to do it intensively you have to use the E4? There's Morimoto and the Battle Buffet once per day. And there's the Poke Pelago island and Festival Plaza which I haven't tried.

If you have one that's really low-level, like just hatched, start by going and battling Morimoto because it'll reach level 20-30 depending on experience curve/boosts

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

You don't have to beat the game or anything to use the Poke Transporter on the RBY games, do you? You can start up a new save file and almost immediately dump your starter to the Bank, right?

Not that I'm gonna pay :10bux: just to do that.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Hammerite posted:

What's this about the grey square then? Is it just that you can move them in and out of Bank until you save and quit Bank?

It's a gameboy icon

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

It's a shame that the Mew obtained through the glitch can't be transferred but at least they let you transfer other Pokemon caught with that

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
Has anyone noticed a decrease in Plaza missions, or am I imagining things?

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Mr. Unlucky posted:

I know for a lot of people this IS the game but for anyone that just wants to battle and skip the tedious breeding garbage I cannot recommend pkhex enough. you need an sd card reader but it takes 5 minutes to set up and you can create a perfect legal pokemon in 30 seconds.

Go on.... :confused:

EDIT: Anyone see if the No Guard Machamp with Fissure works out?

White Light fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Jan 25, 2017

Waterfall of Salt
May 14, 2013

Ow, my eye

Parrotine posted:

They all have their hidden ability so no luck there.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Parrotine posted:

All gen 1 pokemon have their hidden abilities only.

KyleeBitkin
Jan 22, 2017

Around, and around, and around, and around...

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Has anyone noticed a decrease in Plaza missions, or am I imagining things?

Yeah I have noticed a very large decrease, I can never find anything to do in the Plaza.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Ah drat, knew it would be too good to be true but I wanted to believe :(

At least I got my Snorlax with Recycle so I can't be too raw about it

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

PKHex only works if you essentially never did any updating on your 3DS, or are willing to crack the thing open physically and do some soldering.

If you hop in the Discord, there are a number of goons who do actually have access to it who would be willing to give you something you need, however.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Reinanigans posted:

PKHex only works if you essentially never did any updating on your 3DS, or are willing to crack the thing open physically and do some soldering.
This is not true.

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.

Reinanigans posted:

uh what

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Google "soundhax", I think it works for latest system version and using JKSV .3dsx from the homebrew menu will let you back up the saves for editing. There's a 3ds hacking thread as well

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
All I know is the last time I updated, I wasn't able to access the Homebrew menu any more. I haven't checked to see if there have been new updates to Homebrew to get around the blocks.

At the end of the day, it's kind of a pain in the rear end because every Nintendo update tends to screw with Homebrew, so it's most viable for people with a second 3DS that they never update.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

There aren't going to be many more system updates and as mentioned an exploit was semi recently found that works on the latest firmware.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Yeah, it's been streamlined into an easy to follow guide with a million steps but will always work if you follow it: https://3ds.guide/

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
In the games, unlike the anime, Ash Greninja is eternal

https://twitter.com/JoeMerrick/status/824239637975748610

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i dont know if i will forgive them for not putting a national pokedex in the new game and giving me some reward for all the stupid mons i caught i have totally lost interest now

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Super No Vacancy posted:

i dont know if i will forgive them for not putting a national pokedex in the new game and giving me some reward for all the stupid mons i caught i have totally lost interest now

Yeah that feels like a really odd choice. Even without some sort of reward, - you can literally catch the island scan pokemon, but not look them up in the dex.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Oxyclean posted:

Yeah that feels like a really odd choice. Even without some sort of reward, - you can literally catch the island scan pokemon, but not look them up in the dex.

You can look forward to that in Pokemon Stars for the Nintendo Switch

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Oh cool. Shaymin and Hoopa don't revert when placed in PC's anymore.

Also Furfrou doesn't either. Which finally makes the hair cuts not 100% useless.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

TheKingofSprings posted:

You can look forward to that in Pokemon Stars for the Nintendo Switch

Stars works I guess but I'm still disappointed it's not called Eclipse.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Crawfish posted:

Oh cool. Shaymin and Hoopa don't revert when placed in PC's anymore.

Also Furfrou doesn't either. Which finally makes the hair cuts not 100% useless.

Ooh, where can you get Furfrou a haircut in SuMo?

FrensaGeran posted:

He was being sarcastic, friend. No such announcement has been made.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

FrensaGeran posted:

it's not called anything :ssh:

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Silver Falcon posted:

Where ever you can get hair cuts.

Irritatingly, it looks like i'm going to have to track down another two hoopa for my alternate forms group of my living dex.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Silver Falcon posted:

Probably the salon on the third island. I remember an NPC in that place referencing Furfrous.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Wait, Cosplay Pikachu is seriously stuck in ORAS forever?

gently caress you, Game Freak.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Along with Notched Ear Pichu forever being trapped in HG/SS.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

spit on my clit posted:

it's not called anything :ssh:

So was the "leak" of the name fake or something? All the articles I see about it call it Stars without reservation.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Will I still be able to go Gen 6 -> Bank -> Gen 6 once I link my Bank to a Gen 7 game?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

FrensaGeran posted:

So was the "leak" of the name fake or something? All the articles I see about it call it Stars without reservation.

never heard anything about a leak other than gamestop saying that there'd be a pokemon game on the switch (which is probably a port of Pokken)

also, how the hell does breeding HAs work again? Like, if I breed a HA nidoran with my primarina, will the resulting popplio have its HA? the primarina in question is female. Read serebii, nevermind

spit on my clit fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jan 25, 2017

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

spit on my clit posted:

never heard anything about a leak other than gamestop saying that there'd be a pokemon game on the switch (which is probably a port of Pokken)

The "leak" was that the third Pokemon game for Sun/Moon (Emerald/Platinum, etc) would be coming to the Switch.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Is it really true that Hoopa-Unbound and Sky Shaymin are permanent now? Even in the Bank? Then I guess my Living Dex needs a tiny bit more work. And I also guess I'm breeding a bunch of Furfrou too! The wild ride never ends.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

TaurusOxford posted:

The "leak" was that the third Pokemon game for Sun/Moon (Emerald/Platinum, etc) would be coming to the Switch.

That makes sense since the Switch is replacing the 3DS and Wii U

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

https://twitter.com/JoeMerrick/status/824209309353541634

Yes.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Improbable Lobster posted:

That makes sense since the Switch is replacing the 3DS and Wii U

dont troll these people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Alxprit posted:

Is it really true that Hoopa-Unbound and Sky Shaymin are permanent now? Even in the Bank? Then I guess my Living Dex needs a tiny bit more work. And I also guess I'm breeding a bunch of Furfrou too! The wild ride never ends.

Oh drat, you're right! I have to do the same.

I also never quite incorporated all the Deerling and Flabebe forms into it, even though I did catch them.