Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Just a reminder that you can do this now with a Solrock or Lunatone (depending on your version)...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqbRVsXKKkY

...but why would you after you've seen the video and realize that it's nothing special :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
It's the dumbest poo poo that Solrock and Lunatone got nothing this generation

The dumbest poo poo

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

TheKingofSprings posted:

The dumbest poo poo

You'd think they'd realize that the desert area was lacking a variety of Pokemon and add some conveniently celestial themed ones.... Nope, let's just do a meaningless side-quest!

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

False alarm on the Shaymin/Hoopa/Furfrou thing. They stay in that form in the box, but revert back when you bank them.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

TheKingofSprings posted:

The dumbest poo poo

They should have gotten mega forms or exclusive Z-Moves, something at all... but nope. Someone dropped the ball.

Maybe in Stars, where it's revealed that Minior is closely related to both of them!

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

StandardVC10 posted:

Will I still be able to go Gen 6 -> Bank -> Gen 6 once I link my Bank to a Gen 7 game?

As long as you don't try to put a pokemon that has something 6 doesn't know about back into 6 (that includes the origin marker, so no transporting back pokemon caught in 7), it'll be fine.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
mister bonding came from space. he is the real ziggy stardust

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

TheKingofSprings posted:

The dumbest poo poo

It's because they're sucky pokemon that deserve nothing.

...okay that's a bit harsh but I didn't like them in gen 3 because they gave me a bunch of trouble on my first playthrough. Both being rock/psychic is kinda boring too.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Oh hell. I have the worst news. THE ABSOLUTE WORST.

Friend Ball Shroomishes are blocked from wi-fi trading. This includes Wonder Trades and normal Link Trades.

This is BULLSHIT. I call foul. This is Apricorn Ball discrimination. GET ME MY LAWYER! :mad:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

The dumbest poo poo

did you not see the video one post above yours? they got a lot this gen

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Silver Falcon posted:

Friend Ball Shroomishes are blocked from wi-fi trading. This includes Wonder Trades and normal Link Trades.

This is BULLSHIT. I call foul. This is Apricorn Ball discrimination. GET ME MY LAWYER! :mad:

Is it definitely the fact that it's in a friend ball? It's not running into a wordfilter or something?

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Hammerite posted:

Is it definitely the fact that it's in a friend ball? It's not running into a wordfilter or something?
It seems that any Pokémon not obtainable in Sun/Moon is unable to be traded if it's in an Apricorn Ball.

Edit for clarity: Seems the ban applies to any Gen 3-4 Pokémon (save for those obtainable in Sun/Moon) in Apricorn Balls; Sport Balls seem to not apply to this. anything From Gen 1-2 in an Apricorn Ball should trade just fine.

notoriousman fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Jan 25, 2017

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Hammerite posted:

Definitely that. They are unnicknamed and I was able to Wonder Trade a Nest Ball one with zero issue. They are otherwise identical, same moves and everything.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
Then that is a shame and I feel your disappointment. People should be able to trade honest, legit pokemon with their friends.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Oxyclean posted:

Both being rock/psychic is kinda boring too.

awesome and wholly unique type combo is boring, sure Jan

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

less laughter posted:

awesome and wholly unique type combo is boring, sure Jan

Why do both a sun and a moon have the same typing? Why don't they at least have a second ability or something like Plusie and Miniun to encourage pairing them up?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

TheKingofSprings posted:

The dumbest poo poo

They did both get something in gen VII: 20 extra HP.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Oxyclean posted:

Why do both a sun and a moon have the same typing?

the distinction of opposites is a product of the illusionary world of maya

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Silver Falcon posted:

Oh drat, you're right! I have to do the same.

I also never quite incorporated all the Deerling and Flabebe forms into it, even though I did catch them.

also do all the Spinda

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

What's a fair trade for a galvanized geodude/graveler? I got some 'mons with HAs but not a huge amount. I want a Graveler to evolve into Golem, then send it into the Battle Dome as a giant nuke.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Hall of Fame time!

Frank (Lv. 51 Incineroar). Named after the custom wrestler I made in my friend's copy of Smackdown 2 many years ago :v:. Set things on fire, spun into them and occasionally jumped off the turnbuckle. His fistclenches and winks in Refresh proved him to be a true showman. With Incinium-Z, one of three Z-Crystal users in the team. Incidentally, my first non-Water starter to make it to my E4 team.

Artemis (Lv. 52 Toucannon). Trying to go with a pun on artillery here, not sure if it succeeded. Beak Blast did a lot of great work (and combined nicely with a Brave nature), while Skill Link Bullet Seed provided some very nice coverage. Among many other things, she made Acerola's Palossand look very silly indeed. As a side note, I love Pikipek's design.

Frequency (Lv. 52 Raichu-A). Surfing. Waves. EM waves. Hmmmm... Found a Pichu with a Modest nature and I had to try her out. Didn't get so much use out of Nasty Plot once I got past the Thundershock stage, but Discharge (later Thunderbolt) and Psychic did good work and Nuzzle provided great utility for capturing. Had a sneaky bit of fun by opening with her against the Totem Mimikyu while she was still a Pikachu, and then Volt Switching out to break the Disguise.

Foxglove (Lv. 52 Ribombee). Yeah, you come up with a name for a male flower fairy :v:. Pretty much the cutest thing ever, really, really fast thanks to a Hasty nature (although awkwardly he couldn't outspeed Nanu's Persian-A, which thanks to Power Gem was a bit of a problem...), landed the final hit on Kukui's Primarina with a clutch Energy Ball when they were both at low health, and a decent candidate for the MVP, perhaps shared with...

Boxer (Lv. 52 Mudsdale). All right, pretty much the most obvious nickname for a Mudsdale ever. And he did have to work very hard at times, especially when four of my team were weak to Rock (Kukui starting off with Stealth Rock, argh, argh, argh). Ironically for a 'mon with Stamina, has a Lonely nature - but at least Stamina made up for that defence penalty nicely, and the attack boost was very welcome.

Diving Belle (Lv. 52 Araquanid). A decent candidate for my best nickname ever, here :). Water and Bug are my two favourite types, so I was really happy to have not just one but two new lines combining the two types in these games. Maybe I'll try using Golisopod in Sun when I get it... She has an unfortunate habit of Hydro Vortexing straight into Water Absorbs, but that's ultimately my fault :v:. Also does a good job as my team's special defence tank. A cool moment was when she toughed out a Continental Crush from Olivia's Lycanroc at the E4, before coming back in later to Hydro Vortex her Carbink.

Honourable mentions: Blossom the Lilligant (although mostly a Petilil), Buster the Vikavolt (again, mostly a Charjabug), Pokemon Goo the Grimer-A, Hair Metal the Dugtrio-A, Shelley the Slowpoke, Bouncee the Stenee, T'Witch the Misdreavous, and of course Nebby the Lunala. Sorry dude, I'd've taken you to the Elite Four but that wouldn't be fair on the team I'd already put together.

For added nerdery, here's all my hall of fame teams to date:

Bug overtook Water and Grass as my most used type (and it was some way back from them before my White 2 came along, too :v:), while Grass slipped backwards into third. Also, my first Psychic type! Nice one, Frequency.

Paul.Power fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Jan 25, 2017

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Alright goons, what kind of doubles team can I make with these singles mons?

E: if anyone has any recommendations for good ones to look at raising that would be appreciated

E: Jesus Christ some of these names are amazing and the worst and a couple are both at once, special mentions to Blue Steel the Metagross, Hindenburd the the Talonflame, and Quattro the Mandibuzz

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jan 25, 2017

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

TRYING TO BANKA A MISSINGNO DOES HAVE AN EFFECT
Confirmed it on my own copy

I'M SO HAPPY
HIS LEGEND LIVES

https://twitter.com/blazevoir/status/824119412487782400

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
Silver Falcon, I heard the news. That sucks, big time. Could I still get a lady HA Shroomish in a nest ball?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Silver Falcon, I heard the news. That sucks, big time. Could I still get a lady HA Shroomish in a nest ball?

Oh yeah. I've got plenty of those. They're just not as Fashionable. :(

I forget if I've added your code before. Mine is 3695-0046-6822

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Silver Falcon posted:

Haha, Game Freak can't even track their own legality anymore

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
ah poo poo i left type null in the pelego when i wiped my save. sorry gladio

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

The equivalent of reset bags are still in Sun/Moon, right? Wanna know if i should bother supertraining my duders before transferring them or if I can put that off to the endgame.

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011
So what are they doing about the mega stones not available from the Battle Tree?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Xander B Coolridge posted:

So what are they doing about the mega stones not available from the Battle Tree?

probably in Stars or whatever the next current-gen game is

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Also, in terms of other thoughts on beating the main story: I just want to say - and this is coming from someone whose first Pokemon game was Y, so I have a lot of XY nostalgia (and hell, I even kinda like Tierno) - that the character writing in Moon is so much better than XY. It's, well, night and day :v:. Everything from the prof to your friends to the gym leaders trial captains and kahunas to the villains. And it's backed up really well by things like their theme music and battle poses (things like Guzma sitting on his haunches or Hau's sassy cocked head/hands-on-hips pose).

Old news by this point I know, but it's still all really well thought out and I just wanted to say that I appreciate it.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Paul.Power posted:

Also, in terms of other thoughts on beating the main story: I just want to say - and this is coming from someone whose first Pokemon game was Y, so I have a lot of XY nostalgia (and hell, I even kinda like Tierno) - that the character writing in Moon is so much better than XY. It's, well, night and day :v:. Everything from the prof to your friends to the gym leaders trial captains and kahunas to the villains. And it's backed up really well by things like their theme music and battle poses (things like Guzma sitting on his haunches or Hau's sassy cocked head/hands-on-hips pose).

Old news by this point I know, but it's still all really well thought out and I just wanted to say that I appreciate it.

Ooh, if you like Pokemon games with actual good characters and decent plot, you ought to give Black/White a shot!

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

HookedOnChthonics posted:

The equivalent of reset bags are still in Sun/Moon, right? Wanna know if i should bother supertraining my duders before transferring them or if I can put that off to the endgame.

There's no super-EV-wiping item, but there are Festival Plaza restaurants (costs FC) and berries, so you can force-feed your 'mons to get rid of their EVs.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Silver Falcon posted:

Ooh, if you like Pokemon games with actual good characters and decent plot, you ought to give Black/White a shot!
Haven't seen it second-hand in a shop yet (played W2 second-hand though), but I've read Chorocojo's LP of it in the past and yeah, it seems very good. Would certainly be nice to play it myself some time though.

bradybunch
Jun 14, 2006

Where can I buy a destiny knot from? I have the BP now from pokebank but I couldn't see it for sale at the battle tree

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

bradybunch posted:

Where can I buy a destiny knot from? I have the BP now from pokebank but I couldn't see it for sale at the battle tree

Check the Royale dome.

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

Is anyone else playing this new Pokémon Duel game they released yesterday on mobile?

http://www.pokemon.com/us/app/pokemon-duel/

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

wisdomHNOX posted:

Is anyone else playing this new Pokémon Duel game they released yesterday on mobile?

This looks suspiciously like that Pokemon Trading Figure Game that was cancelled after less than a year.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

wisdomHNOX posted:

It's been out in Japan for a while now.

It's poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

Silver Falcon posted:

Oh yeah. I've got plenty of those. They're just not as Fashionable. :(

I forget if I've added your code before. Mine is 3695-0046-6822

Just got home and added you. My FC is 0490-5441-0451.