Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Bif who is scum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Kashuno posted:

Bif who is scum

I obviously think Tobbs is acting super scummy

After him I'm still looking at IS, and maybe stickup. I think stickup claiming a vig kill right away is more town perhaps, but still kinda see him as scummy. Moat doesn't seem as actively scummy to me, but he's kinda just joking around not posting much "real stuff" like he did when we were scum together, so I wouldn't mind helping out if things swung his way either.

Oh, also Mr. F

Maybe you

I'm offa BK now cause him being 3P might help explain why he seemed scummy to me before. And it's such a weird thing to make up in this game, I'm inclined to believe it.

I also don't know what's up with jon joe. I don't wanna be all OMGUS but what else has he even posted?

As for KB, my view right now is coloured heavily by Tobbs making such a bad case on him. I don't have a strong read one way or the other yet on KB, cause his posts *could* be coming from a scum place of trying to look helpful. My posts and vote against Tobbs are not meant to convince anyone of KB being townie. Just that Tobbs is acting super scummy the way he's going about this, especially the way he's been bringing my name into it to in even more confused ways.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Kashuno posted:

Tobbs who is scum

My confidence in scumpicking is shattered post-eccogame, but I don't see KB, as town, claiming Doctor D2.

I also don't buy stickup's choice of vig target.

Moatillata posted:

I feel like we should mass claim at this point and the game may be solveable? What are your thoughts?

I don't like this post from Moat suggesting everyone claim, as well as my having a town read on IS and KB putting him in the lead over Moat close to deadline.

King Burgundy posted:

So diving into this further, no final vote count, but reconstructing, here was the last vote count posted:

Then I voted IS, MMT voted Moat, Inf voted IS(but didn't like it), JJ voted IS.

So interesting note, two of the people who wanted to cuddle IS died. And a third person who was willing to vote him to avoid a no cuddle, also dead. And one person who voted Moat.

I wouldn't be shocked if the extra kills on people who wanted to vote IS is because he's scum.

This case from KB is about the worst I've ever seen from him. Asiina is one of the people voting IS who was killed...by you. Yet instead of casing you for killing Asiina, he uses your kill as evidence that IS is scum. He also throws Gulag in there as someone willing to lynch IS to avoid a no-lynch? The other bit of evidence from his case is that stickup killed Inf, but again, he's voting me, not stickup (despite agreeing with me that stickup's kill is odd).

This is scum KB. He's voting me because I've called him out on his scummy behavior, not because he thinks I'm scum. He apparently feels that IS, Kash, and stickup are scum due to flips and claimed night kills, and he's casing IS based on stickup/Kash's alignments.

Which is really dumb. Bif was doing the same thing (making connections to players based on other unflipped players in their case against ANarc).

Bifauxnen posted:

Whether you were trying or not, your vote just happened to fall at a time when Moat and Stickup were equally tied. So yes, it would help build momentum whether you liked it or not.

As I said right there in the post, if Moat flipped town (which we do not know yet), I would want to look back at that vote of yours as suspicious.

I mean, you say you weren't trying to, and you say it was just chosen by rng, but I do not know this because town does not know everyone's alignment and thus sometimes, we have to wonder whether things are a lie because they are from scum!

Here's Bif saying that ANarc is scum for putting Moat ahead of stickup, but as talked about, ANarc's vote doesn't mean anything unless you know stickup's alignment. So, what's Bif's opinion on stickup at this time?

Bifauxnen posted:

ok I'm feeling Moat for just as scummy as stickup right now. Part of it is cause stickup thought Tobbs was scummy, and I kind of agree with that, so that's a point in stickup's favor. But I really didn't like the feeling of stickup possibly sucking up to me. Not just the "I agree with Bif" thing, but also this:

Usually when I get that feeling and convince myself to not take my running joke too seriously, it turns out they were scum after all :v:

##vote stickup

still a bit suss on BK too though btw

Soft bus with smilies.

Ok, so who is scum?

KB, stickup, Bif, Moat.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Which is really dumb. Bif was doing the same thing (making connections to players based on other unflipped players in their case against ANarc).

Here's Bif saying that ANarc is scum for putting Moat ahead of stickup, but as talked about, ANarc's vote doesn't mean anything unless you know stickup's alignment. So, what's Bif's opinion on stickup at this time?

what the gently caress dude, when I said "note to self, come back to this later if..." that is literally what it meant. And it is why AN is NOT IN MY SCUMLIST YET cause I have NOT MADE THOSE CONNECTIONS YET

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

it's almost as if you're literally trying to find ways to make anything I say look scummier than normal.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Bifauxnen posted:

I know people like to throw around "misrepresenting" a lot when someone vaguely misinterprets something they said, but this is like one of the clearest examples of it literally happening. He literally quoted a post where I worked through a changing opinion and cut out nearly all of it, then complained that my views weren't evolving organically. I mean what the gently caress.

Sorry about that! I was looking specifically for the bit where you said claiming near lunchtime would be a good idea.

You're right, though, you and KB both mentioned that Asiina brought up claiming, and used that as a way to say, "I'm not introducing this idea, someone else is!"

Neither you nor KB admit that claiming could have negative consequences, you focus only on the positives (of which there are few, especially before the level 5 skill is unlocked).

As yet, I don't see many people agreeing with you and claiming. I consider that absolutely to be a good thing (as I've exhaustingly justified).

If you and KB want to case/lunch me for explaining to you guys why your ideas are bad and wrong, go ahead.

Claiming helps scum more than it helps town. If you disagree, keep telling me why! I am pretty sure you guys are very much wrong and will happily argue my points further, which if you're lucky, will provide enough material for you to fabricate a case and get me mislynched.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Don't feel Bif for scum. She is calling otu every bit of BS and fighting hard, town mentality. The KB thing is a good catch I would probably vote. Stickup is also a fine vote. Don't think Tobbs is scum. I'd vote AR and I really want to get rid of peramene

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Sorry about that! I was looking specifically for the bit where you said claiming near lunchtime would be a good idea.

You're right, though, you and KB both mentioned that Asiina brought up claiming, and used that as a way to say, "I'm not introducing this idea, someone else is!"

Neither you nor KB admit that claiming could have negative consequences, you focus only on the positives (of which there are few, especially before the level 5 skill is unlocked).

As yet, I don't see many people agreeing with you and claiming. I consider that absolutely to be a good thing (as I've exhaustingly justified).

If you and KB want to case/lunch me for explaining to you guys why your ideas are bad and wrong, go ahead.

Claiming helps scum more than it helps town. If you disagree, keep telling me why! I am pretty sure you guys are very much wrong and will happily argue my points further, which if you're lucky, will provide enough material for you to fabricate a case and get me mislynched.

Well one reason not many people might be claiming is cause if they have RM, WM, or BM, someone else has already come forward to explain the role. Thief has also been inferred a bit with Mr. F claiming he had CP stolen during N1.

btw one other thing that's been bugging me is you sure seem unconcerned with the fast pace of this game, just leisurely expecting to make those choices of dual-classing once you get to level 5, is there some reason you don't expect to be nightkilled in the next big wave of BM vigs?

Kashuno posted:

Don't feel Bif for scum. She is calling otu every bit of BS and fighting hard, town mentality. The KB thing is a good catch I would probably vote. Stickup is also a fine vote. Don't think Tobbs is scum. I'd vote AR and I really want to get rid of peramene

ugh, I left AR out of my list. I really don't see why he'd not choose a job, that's just awful

Also Kash that just bumped you up a few notches.

But why peramene?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Bifauxnen posted:

Also Kash that just bumped you up a few notches.

(to clarify: Town Kash doesn't say I'm town, Town Kash finds some really dumb awful reason to think I'm scummy when I'm not :v: Scum Kash will definitely call me town, though!)

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Bifauxnen posted:

what the gently caress dude, when I said "note to self, come back to this later if..." that is literally what it meant. And it is why AN is NOT IN MY SCUMLIST YET cause I have NOT MADE THOSE CONNECTIONS YET

After the soft bus of stickup and pointing out ANarc's vote, I hope for your sake stickup ISN'T scum.

Because anyone looking back on this will think that you knew his alignment D1.

Also, relax, I'm not even voting you. Hell, KB is a strong player when he's town, and deep down I hope I'm wrong about him and that he can change my mind.

As yet, that hasn't happened.

Bifauxnen posted:

Well one reason not many people might be claiming is cause if they have RM, WM, or BM, someone else has already come forward to explain the role. Thief has also been inferred a bit with Mr. F claiming he had CP stolen during N1.

btw one other thing that's been bugging me is you sure seem unconcerned with the fast pace of this game, just leisurely expecting to make those choices of dual-classing once you get to level 5, is there some reason you don't expect to be nightkilled in the next big wave of BM vigs?

Not particularly. I'd like to experience all the mechanics first-hand, but if I get killed I get killed. At least the one person against claiming will be confirmed town, hopefully preserving my legacy and giving the town a chance :)

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Kashuno, you card you

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Bifauxnen posted:

(to clarify: Town Kash doesn't say I'm town, Town Kash finds some really dumb awful reason to think I'm scummy when I'm not :v: Scum Kash will definitely call me town, though!)

That would be to side with Tobbs, a sin greater than death

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

peramene posted:

Kashuno, you card you

pera who scum

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I am, in fact, not the scum

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
A, not that my vote matters at this point.

this is a stickup posted:

I am, in fact, not the scum

:yeah:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

jon joe posted:

A, not that my vote matters at this point.

:yeah:

JJ who scum

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

JJ who scum

IS > Moat > Bif

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Infinitum posted:

You realise I have purposely put a Legendary Piece of poo poo gangtag in my avatar for a reason right?
Cause I'm a sarcastic arsehole?

So don't get a stick up your butt when I make jokes baby~

I've read your case on IS.
I have stated I am currently voting Moat above IS, but both look slim shady.

Would vote either.

Infinitum posted:

I'm voting Moat because he loving lied to the thread by presenting misinformation, potentially influencing a vote to shift the wrong way.

I can acknowledge your case and not agree with it.

Infinitum posted:

Me watching people vote IS over Moat with 5min to go

Infinitum posted:

2min to go

Vote Moat

Lynch scum

Infinitum posted:

I do not agree with this vote

##vote IS

Also, to further throw shade on KB's "case" for IS being scum, here's a few posts from Infinitum.

He wanted Moat deaaaaaaad. If you think IS is scummier because Infinitum died having his vote on them...you're either not reading the thread or deliberately misrepresenting what happened.

Also, Infinitum called out KB for advocating a lurker lynch D1.

Terrible, terrible casing by KB. KB is not town.

Bif of course disagrees and thinks that KB's case is excellent and that I'm scum for bringing it up.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

jon joe posted:

IS > Moat > Bif

I don't really believe this list.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

I don't really believe this list.

Tough cookies

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Inf seems quiet wtf thats weird

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Kashuno posted:

Inf seems quiet wtf thats weird

ur joking rite inf ded

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
yeah weird poo poo right?

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

pera who scum

real talk why even post if you're scum at this point? we're not gonna just start lynching lurkers, they're gonna swap jobs to kill us and loving I ain't got a clue how to stop it

like sometimes kash I feel like I can tell somebody is scum from their posts
or sometimes I know them really well and I just know this is them playin' me
one of the things I sometimes look for is people who post a lot or people who post nothing at all
or things that are different than normal even???

:derp: :derp:
pictured: peramene and kashuno

like literally how the gently caress does town survive in this setup?? how do we even know?? survive long enough to get rezzes?? survive long enough to get, idk, the ability to make phoenix downs??

I think... maybe I agree with Tobbs? This whole goddamn game is bashi-bazouks.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Also, to further throw shade on KB's "case" for IS being scum, here's a few posts from Infinitum.

He wanted Moat deaaaaaaad. If you think IS is scummier because Infinitum died having his vote on them...you're either not reading the thread or deliberately misrepresenting what happened.

Also, Infinitum called out KB for advocating a lurker lynch D1.

Terrible, terrible casing by KB. KB is not town.

Bif of course disagrees and thinks that KB's case is excellent and that I'm scum for bringing it up.

Actually this point about Infinitum not being a good example for KB's IS conspiracy is the first thing you've said about KB that sounds legit to me. Having your vote on him be explicitly because KB should be too smart to claim a protective role, in this game, when anyone can sign up to be a protective role on any day, seemed like false outrage. Add all your other rants on top of that where you can't seem to make up your mind what you're arguing about or what you think I'm arguing, and misrepresenting what I'm arguing, THAT is why I think you look scummy.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

hey Kash, I'll ask again, why peramene?

(Why not Inf? :v:)

Also, stickup, while you're here, who's scum?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

CapitalistPig posted:

A.) Use your stored magic items you still have saved.

You use up all your arctic winds and defeat Medusa!

Fire Crystal Jobs have been unlocked!

Check post 2 in a few minutes for updated jobs!

Light Aligned players get 10CP and Dark aligned players get 5cp

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

ur joking rite inf ded

Never Stopped inf before! Real talk though I had a crazy busy work day and made a comment offhandedly while working on some scripts sorry!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Bifauxnen posted:

Pera just seems to have nothing to contribute but big posts to say nothing kinda like

peramene posted:

real talk why even post if you're scum at this point? we're not gonna just start lynching lurkers, they're gonna swap jobs to kill us and loving I ain't got a clue how to stop it

like sometimes kash I feel like I can tell somebody is scum from their posts
or sometimes I know them really well and I just know this is them playin' me
one of the things I sometimes look for is people who post a lot or people who post nothing at all
or things that are different than normal even???

:derp: :derp:
pictured: peramene and kashuno

like literally how the gently caress does town survive in this setup?? how do we even know?? survive long enough to get rezzes?? survive long enough to get, idk, the ability to make phoenix downs??

I think... maybe I agree with Tobbs? This whole goddamn game is bashi-bazouks.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Bifauxnen posted:

feeling a little pinged by you, pera and KB right now

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I am here-ish and caught up but a little over busy atm

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
scholar is a 2 shot roleblock

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
After sitting on it for a few min ##vote pera I think that is a good vote

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
LMAO holy gently caress this setup is insane af.

everyone should switch to scholar, give us all two full nights of RB at minimum.

If we create a full RB circle by following a very clearly defined chain we can prevent the multiple vigs, get the class to lvl 5, AND hunt scum with no reprocussions

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Kashuno posted:

LMAO holy gently caress this setup is insane af.

everyone should switch to scholar, give us all two full nights of RB at minimum.

If we create a full RB circle by following a very clearly defined chain we can prevent the multiple vigs, get the class to lvl 5, AND hunt scum with no reprocussions

This is actually a cool idea, are you SURE you're not scum, Kash? :raise:

I'm starting to see your point on paramene now though. I had a townie read before for participating well on D1 I thought, but showing up now to reply like that when you asked for scumpicks doesn't look great.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

btw I doubt we could actually set up a *full* RB chain cause a couple scum might get each other and fudge it that way. But it could definitely help stem the carnage to have more RB's around, at least. Seeing stickup as a little more townie now for reporting such useful info so quickly.

Wonder what Tobbs would think about this claim :v:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Bifauxnen posted:

btw I doubt we could actually set up a *full* RB chain cause a couple scum might get each other and fudge it that way. But it could definitely help stem the carnage to have more RB's around, at least. Seeing stickup as a little more townie now for reporting such useful info so quickly.

My thought is this: anyone lying will probably be caught and should die quickly. it was a quick thought while I was waiting for jojos to load so I haven't done hardcore math to see if there is an issue with it yet

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Quick math shows even number of roles means half succeeds half fail and it works whereas odd number of roles breaks and is a logical impossibility if everyone plays in so

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Bifauxnen posted:

He's probably not lying as it would be too easy to get caught. I'm a bit surprised to see a roleblock in two different tiers. I swore someone claimed to be roleblocked but I couldn't find it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

He's probably not lying as it would be too easy to get caught. I'm a bit surprised to see a roleblock in two different tiers. I swore someone claimed to be roleblocked but I couldn't find it.

That was Mr. F, who said his "spell" failed. I theorized he could have been a BM targeting someone who was protected, rather than him being blocked, but no one seems to have commented on this.

• Locked thread