Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I don't think weapon equipping is going to be a thing in this game.

Characters are given an innate color based off their main weapon/magic type in the regular FE games, I think any "equipping" will be skills and other passive stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
This post is the new home for the thread hall of fame!

Also, a Hall of Fame in google sheets form:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18owhTCe4kmzlPODN99RvfLOhfZE08yxIplZS3GDvMvc/edit#gid=0

cheetah7071 posted:

The requirements for hall of fame are

-- be 5*+10
-- post in this thread at least a little
-- request it explicitly so I know you're actually proud of your +10

(Ostentatious, AverySpecialfriend, Blizzardvizard, Supercar Gautier, Senerio, Cheetah7071, Clawtopsy, Ostentatious, ChaosArgate, Zwingley, ApplesandOranges, Supercar Gautier, Ostentatious, Tithin, Retcon, Retcon, Roger Explosion, Emalde, UchihaHirou, Zwingley, Centzon Totochtin, LightningKimba, TheKingOfSprings, Genovera, Tithin, Clarste, SgtSteel91, ChaosArgate, ChaosArgate, Centzon Totochtin, Cheetah7071, Blizzardvizard, Blizzardvizard, Starsnostars, tithin, Shiny777, ChaosArgate, ApplesandOranges, FartingBedpost, Clawtopsy, Alxprit, Mirotic, Zwingley, Shadow Ninja 64, Oneavi, Gluten Freeman, mabels bug day, Shadow Ninja 64, Zwingley, ChaosArgate, mabels big day, mabels big day, BlackPersona, Momomo, scaterry, scaterry, scaterry, scaterry, scaterry, scaterry, scaterry, scaterry, wanda, wanda, wanda, Isoprene, Mirotic, ChronoReverse, Senerio, Cheetah7071, Jerry Manderbilt, THE loving MOON, Shadow Ninja 64, Zwingley, tithin, Gluten Freeman, Cheetah7071, Cheetah7071, Onmi, ChaosArgate, Clarste, Silver Falcon, Silver Falcon, ChaosArgate, Captain France, stratego, stratego, LightningKimba, stratego, stratego, stratego, stratego, stratego, stratego, FartingBedpost, Shadow Ninja 64, Natural 20, The White Dragon, The White Dragon, Gluten Freeman, Doctor Syrup, Mirotic, SL the Pyro, ChaosArgate, ChaosArgate, Cheetah7071, ChaosArgate, ChaosArgate, Psion, tithin, tithin, Centzon Totochtin, Centzon Totochtin, Centzon Totochtin, Folt the Bolt, Doctor Syrup, Mulderman, Silegna, ChaosArgate, Jerry Manderbilt, Biosterous, Octolady, THE loving MOON, silegna, mirotic, ChaosArgate, Doctor Syrup, Cheetah7071, SL the Pyro, FartingBedpost, Centzon Totochtin, tithin, BoneDaddy1969, Mirotic, Andrast, Shadow Ninja 64, Silver Falcon, Silver Falcon, ChaosArgate, LightningKimba, Lube Enthusiast, Natural 20, mabels big day, golden bubble, Centzon Totochtin, The Lord of Hats, Rudoku, ChaosArgate, Silver Falcon, cheetah7071, ChaosArgate, Mirotic, Silegna, Silver Falcon, ChaosArgate, ChaosArgate, Centzon Totochtin, ChaosArgate, SL the Pyro, Clarste, golden bubble, Nondevor, tithin, Lube Enthusiast, Gluten Freeman, Gluten Freeman, Gluten Freeman, Rannum, Nondevor, Lube Enthusiast)

cheetah7071 fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Sep 6, 2019

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Really?

Huh, I wonder how that's going to work then.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
this game will be good and i will play it and angrily shake the gacha til I get a team of Strong Girls

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

MotU posted:

this game will be good and i will play it and angrily shake the gacha til I get a team of Strong Girls

Please game responsibly and don't be a whale

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

cheetah7071 posted:

What's the point then?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i sold my soul to google last summer and have like $12 in google play survey blood money saved up, i'm gonna be rolling in hectors

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Countblanc posted:

i sold my soul to google last summer and have like $12 in google play survey blood money saved up, i'm gonna be rolling in hectors

That's enough for five gacha rolls! Truly an embarassment of riches

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

cheetah7071 posted:

That's enough for five gacha rolls! Truly an embarassment of riches

5 before or after you factor in the discounted orbs

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Tae posted:

5 before or after you factor in the discounted orbs

After. You get 20 orbs for $12 (or 23 orbs for $13! such a deal!!!!)

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
My team of Amy, baby Guinivere, Merlinus and Old Merlinus will be unstoppable

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I like the small maps idea.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

im gonna spend hundreds of dollars on this game

not because i want to, but because i have to

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Kelp Plankton posted:

im gonna spend hundreds of dollars on this game

not because i want to, but because i have to

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

i will be personally funding the fire emblem game for the switch via the money i spend on this phone game. the whole budget

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
If you must spend money on this game, set a reasonable, realistic monthly budget and stick to it

Please do not fund entire AAA video games out of your own finances

Artic Puma
Jun 22, 2007

Chef Curry with the pot, boy!
I, for one, am excited for this (hopefully not) bad cell phone game.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

cheetah7071 posted:

You keep saying this, and it's in the OP even. What does it mean?

I want to game responsibly!

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

In games containing microtransactions, a "whale" is a player who becomes addicted to the game and spends an unreasonable amount of money on in-game resources, thereby subsidizing the game for others.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Silver Falcon posted:

You keep saying this, and it's in the OP even. What does it mean?

I want to game responsibly!

Free to play games tend to fund themselves on the 80/20 principle where 80% of the money comes from 20% of the consumers (except it's more like the 99/1 rule where 99% of the income comes from 1% of the users). Rather than try to make a game that everyone will spend a few dollars on, they try to make a game that a few people will spend thousands or tens of thousands of dollars on. Such people are sometimes referred to as "whales"

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Previous Nintendo-branded mobile titles have been pretty responsible about the risk of creating whales, haven't they? I guess we'll see.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Bongo Bill posted:

Previous Nintendo-branded mobile titles have been pretty responsible about the risk of creating whales, haven't they? I guess we'll see.

those weren't gacha games

like, i have trust that heroes won't be super stingy but there will absolutely be people who spend crazy money on this game whether or not it's needed

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Bongo Bill posted:

The only previous nintendo mobile games were mii mobile and 10$ or nothing Mario Run.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

cheetah7071 posted:

Free to play games tend to fund themselves on the 80/20 principle where 80% of the money comes from 20% of the consumers (except it's more like the 99/1 rule where 99% of the income comes from 1% of the users). Rather than try to make a game that everyone will spend a few dollars on, they try to make a game that a few people will spend thousands or tens of thousands of dollars on. Such people are sometimes referred to as "whales"

Oh wow. I never heard this term. That's interesting! I am not very familiar with gacha games in general. I hope Heroes is more like Nintendo's previous F2P offerings and that it'll be fairly easy to play the game without spending a lot of money. Especially if you have other poo poo to play.

Tae posted:

The only previous nintendo mobile games were mii mobile and 10$ or nothing Mario Run.

Does Pokemon Go not count?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Silver Falcon posted:

Oh wow. I never heard this term. That's interesting! I am not very familiar with gacha games in general. I hope Heroes is more like Nintendo's previous F2P offerings and that it'll be fairly easy to play the game without spending a lot of money. Especially if you have other poo poo to play.

Does Pokemon Go not count?

Pokemon Company is its own thing, and the game was made by Niantic. No one at Nintendo was really involved.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Just from how the summons have been described it seems like FEHeroes will be more reasonable than a lot of other gacha games in terms of getting things you can actually use. I have a feeling that the real grindy/spend-to-skip-grind part will be upgrading the characters to higher star ranks, rather than just chasing super rare dudes from the summon. There will be summon chase stuff of course but you've got more control over results than other gachas I've played, I think. We'll see soon enough.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I did some math, and assuming max bundles, FE Heroes is pretty cheap. Each gacha roll is $2.14 (assuming you buy the $75 orb bundle and use the full orb discount rather than chasing a specific color). Compared to something like Puzzles & Dragons, where a gacha spin is $3.50 at max bundle, or FFRK where a spin is $3.21

This could mean that the cool stuff is about 50% rarer or it could just be a cheaper game

That said, don't spend money on this game

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

cheetah7071 posted:

That said, don't spend money on this game

Erm, people can spend money on the game if they want to. In fact, some people have to, otherwise the game will either fail or they'll get more aggressive and make orb drops lower and spending money more and more of a requirement. That's kind of how FTP works. People should try to like not spend their life savings or whatever, but it is kind of silly to tell people not to spend money on a game.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

got an update on vote standings in english this time. and much more comprehensive than just top 3

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/824421860142092289

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

MegaZeroX posted:

Erm, people can spend money on the game if they want to. In fact, some people have to, otherwise the game will either fail or they'll get more aggressive and make orb drops lower and spending money more and more of a requirement. That's kind of how FTP works. People should try to like not spend their life savings or whatever, but it is kind of silly to tell people not to spend money on a game.

We all collectively benefit from far away people spending money but every individual person who does will lose out because of it. It's the nature of the beast

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Kelp Plankton posted:

got an update on vote standings in english this time. and much more comprehensive than just top 3

I'm surprised both Ikes managed votes in the top 10, thought there would be more of a split. Azura is hilarious given how much people here hate her.

Nowi is 11th???

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

Kelp Plankton posted:

Roy? Really? I presumed the Smash Bros. people wouldn't be voting in the poll for like a mobile FE game, but I guess I was proven wrong. On the plus side, Hector and Henry are in the top 12 males. :toot:

I'd be pretty OK with Ike winning top male. He is my second favorite lord (behind Hector).

The female choices on the other hand ...

At least Lyn is a pretty OK top choice. I'm really surprised to see Micaiah on there.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Donny in the top 10 :getin:

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

...People liked Micaiah?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I didn't expect Lute of all people from sacred stones to be there.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Tae posted:

I didn't expect Lute of all people from sacred stones to be there.

she's got the niche of being the first mage you get and she's got that yuki nagato factor, i can kinda see it

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.
Dorcas is more popular than male Corrin

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
Male Corrin being a step below Dorcas brings a tear to my eye.

Above Owain is a tragedy, though.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Whoever voted to get both Corrins in, but especially to get female Corrin that high, have incredibly bad taste.

Also there's no characters from the first six games apart from Marth (twice) and Roy. The Tiki that got in is from Awakening. I guess this is the strength of the worldwide fanbase, I'd expect a lot more from the earlier games from the Japanese fanbase despite no one having personalities in the first three games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Funky Valentine posted:

...People liked Micaiah?

Micaiah's cool. She committed war crimes.