Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

so Tobbs, do you not think stickup must be scummy for coming out as roleblocker? It does the exact same function as a doctor (stopping a kill), in fact even more powerful by stopping other things too, with the only difference being in targeting. (having to correctly pick a scum to block instead of passively protecting one chosen person from a kill without having to know who's doing it)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

He's probably not lying as it would be too easy to get caught. I'm a bit surprised to see a roleblock in two different tiers. I swore someone claimed to be roleblocked but I couldn't find it.

I should have killed you and switched tomorrow ugh!

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

this is a stickup posted:

You still have your vig.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

You still have your vig.

you want me to spend 15cp to vig someone instead of roleblocking a potential scum kill? interesting

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Bifauxnen posted:

so Tobbs, do you not think stickup must be scummy for coming out as roleblocker? It does the exact same function as a doctor (stopping a kill), in fact even more powerful by stopping other things too, with the only difference being in targeting. (having to correctly pick a scum to block instead of passively protecting one chosen person from a kill without having to know who's doing it)

I'm pretty sure I posted a list and stickers was on it.

I see KB as scummier with regard to claims because he not only claimed, he tried to push others to do so as well.

That's just part of why he's suspicious to me of course :)

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

you want me to spend 15cp to vig someone instead of roleblocking a potential scum kill? interesting

We're talking about killing me, so no?

Just making sure everyone is aware of game mechanics.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

This case from KB is about the worst I've ever seen from him. Asiina is one of the people voting IS who was killed...by you. Yet instead of casing you for killing Asiina, he uses your kill as evidence that IS is scum. He also throws Gulag in there as someone willing to lynch IS to avoid a no-lynch? The other bit of evidence from his case is that stickup killed Inf, but again, he's voting me, not stickup (despite agreeing with me that stickup's kill is odd).

This is scum KB. He's voting me because I've called him out on his scummy behavior, not because he thinks I'm scum. He apparently feels that IS, Kash, and stickup are scum due to flips and claimed night kills, and he's casing IS based on stickup/Kash's alignments.

This is a very good case, independent of the massive mass claim or don't argument. I would vote KB today.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I'd vote on as well if people aren't feeling the pera case.

Also tobbs and others how do you feel about the RB chain

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Kashuno posted:

I'd vote on as well if people aren't feeling the pera case.

Also tobbs and others how do you feel about the RB chain

I'm like 90% sure having scum in it would screw it up. Also, if anyone picked Monk or Warrior they'd need to blow an extra 10CP to switch to sage. Not to mention players may have already locked in their fire crystal jobs.

That being said, if you managed to convince everyone to do it, I'd go along because it could only potentially work if every town player participated. Apart from that, if individual players want to roleblock specific people they should do that, as there is potential to stop a NK.

Besides, if we think all 4 vigs are scum... wouldn't we be lynching you or Stickup today?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

LMAO holy gently caress this setup is insane af.

everyone should switch to scholar, give us all two full nights of RB at minimum.

If we create a full RB circle by following a very clearly defined chain we can prevent the multiple vigs, get the class to lvl 5, AND hunt scum with no reprocussions

Never said people think all 4 are scum I said avoid multiple vigs. Both town and scum.

People should swap imo

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I think it's actually a good idea on paper, but there are a lot of things that could go wrong and leave us in the dark

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
also atm I could go either pera or kb, not strongly favoring one or the other

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

also atm I could go either pera or kb, not strongly favoring one or the other

I'll have to see what KB says about who he thinks is scum when he shows up.

Stickup, what do you think about Moat and Mr. F and jon joe?

Not going for Tobbs anymore? Why not? (assuming you will not be just killing him tonight :v:)

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

IllegallySober (2): jon joe, Mr. F!
Tobbs Gnawed (2): Bifauxnen, King Burgundy
Kashuno (2): IllegallySober, Mithross
Bifauxnen (1): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, this is a stickup
peramene (1): Kashuno
King Burgundy (1): Tobbs Gnawed
this is a stickup (0): Kashuno, Kashuno, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen
Absurd Revolver (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen

Not Voting (6): Absurd Revolver, AnonymousNarcotics, BottleKnight, chaoslord, Moatillata, peramene

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is January 26th, 2017 at 12:30 a.m. EST -- that's in about 4 hours, 10 minutes.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Oh poo poo I did not realize deadline was tonight.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
woah. is that correct? 24h day?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
gently caress

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
will check at deadline

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Bifauxnen posted:

I'll have to see what KB says about who he thinks is scum when he shows up.

Stickup, what do you think about Moat and Mr. F and jon joe?

Not going for Tobbs anymore? Why not? (assuming you will not be just killing him tonight :v:)

full disclosure, despite pulling scum with moat twice simultaneously in two games that just ended, I'm pretty bad at reading him. I could see him being scum though

no strong feels about JJ. I will look at mr f again shortly, I can't really remember what he's posted

wasn't sure about tobbs being scum at the end of d1, that's why I killed infinitum. I think he's got some scummy posts, sure, but not so much that I'd say anything for sure

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I'm pretty sure the deadline is not correct as the time is different from cpig's usual 11:59

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
sorry i basically dropped out from posting, lots of stuff happened at once over the last couple of days and we're also in the middle of moving

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

I'm pretty sure the deadline is not correct as the time is different from cpig's usual 11:59

Votefinder won't post in the thread unless CPig pushes a button.

Pretty sure that's a reminder.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
oh

well that's a thing

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I almost surely will not be around then

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
"Worst case" for me is that Kash and stickup are scum (idk and doubt it, I feel like Kash is working pretty hard - that doesn't necessarily mean good or bad things but y'know) and have just begun to see if I'll do anything under pressure, so yeah, let's do something under pressure.

Last night I stole 5 CP from IllegallySober (my #1 scum pick) and as far as I can tell he hasn't said a word about it. Refunded my switch to Thief. That he expressed discontent with the setup but not with losing CP - this is their one disadvantage, right? They don't get as much CP as we do. So while I have... poo poo, I'll check.

I will do my best to provide something meaningful / useful since this is the only meaningful thought I have. I don't think this is enough to lynch me over, but if you disagree, throw the vote down. I do not think Kashuno is scum just because he is voting me however, he is often critical of my posting in these games because I try to say as much as I can but it usually isn't worth very much to town. And I've been town every game so far. It's gonna be super obvious when I finally roll scum because I'm gonna be SUPER strategic all of a sudden and finally look like I know what I'm doing. Instead this is all I can think to do:

CP Balances:

E1|E2=T
Town: 10 | 10 = 20
Scum: 10 | 5 = 15
Town-AR: 10 | 10 = 20
Scum-AR: 10 | 5 = 15

This gives everyone, even scum, enough CP to grab a job in the day and spend 10 CP on their ability on their ability in the night. Unless I'm mistaken, there is no benefit to delaying spending CP - yet? - so... assuming everybody else did, that's -15 from everybody.

D2|E1|E2=T
Town: 5 | 10 | 10 | 25
Scum: 0 | 10 | 5 | 15
Town- AR (allegedly): 20 | 10 | 10 | 40
Scum-AR (allegedly): 15 | 10 | 5 | 30

If everybody got a job (except AR) and used their ability, everybody but AR is Level 3 in that job before they switch jobs (which they may already have.) I'm not great at math so maybe this is just another "pera states the obvious" bullshit post, but since we don't have any town confessions I think it's safe now to go ahead and presume we have 2NKs from ScumBMs -- perhaps more, though.

There's a fundamental piece of this I'm missing, and its critical. Level 3 Scum can't afford to take the new jobs;

CapitalistPig posted:

The Base Capacity points you must spend to change jobs will be increased by your skill level at your current Job for example, if you are a Skill Level 4 Warrior and you change to a Knight, it will Cost 14 points total because you are a Skill level 4 Warrior and it is a Fire Crystal job.

If they want to change jobs away from their level 1 jobs, they can do so, but it will leave them with only 2 CP for the night. They can't afford any abilities tonight. They can use their new level 3 abilities instead, at the same cost of 15 CP, and get to level 5. Who knows how CP advancement works, but there's two things I think the above information demonstrates.

There is at least one person for whom the above information is wrong, based on their posts.

And then there's also AR. If AR is scum this is a VERY good lie - because at 40 points he can do a lot tonight while the rest of the team rests. Maybe head for an AOE disable or something?? I don't know. If he's town, loving AR get your rear end into the job system. As a result of not taking a job D1, I think AR is worth a very, very close look. I know he hasn't posted much, and I know he's been busy, and we both have D&D tonight even so I know he won't be posting much more realtime tonight. But pooling points may not be such a bad idea if you, say, can coordinate who does the pooling. If AR knows its even remotely possible to, say, have a job that can tell how much CP a given player has, and he got unlucky, being honest about that saves him from having to deal with "AAAAHA" from that bad luck. It'd be a hell of a play.

There's something nagging at me about this kind of thinking and what could be wrong with it. So, idk kashuno, here's my best effort at an effort post. I'm gonna take a look at AR and then see if I can figure out what happened with the person or people who the above is obviously not correct for,

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Using the ability from your current job doesn't cost CP, right?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
it does not

honestly I can't make out half of what pera is trying to figure

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Wait what? why would they have to spend 15 CP to use their level 3 powers if they hadnt switched out of their job?

fake edit: beaten

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Yyyyyyyyeah there's nothing helpful in AR's posting history. Inactive town vs. potential scum? Not taking a job is either loving up the rules (and I remind everybody I almost didn't take a new job) but if pooling points can at all benefit scum working in coordination to be constantly pressuring town from, say, 2 active attackers and 2 active poolers? They stay mostly quiet, make a fake case or two if somebody (say, like me) makes posts that people hate and so they can get a lynch too or whatever.

I have no idea. And if deadline is really tonight, real talk, AR and I are both going to vanish in about eight minutes. Somebody good with numbers run worst case scenarios.

All that being said, whether it was a mistake or not, pooling cannot possibly help town, since it is in our active disinterest to share information and collaborate our moves; meanwhile scum has all the intel they need to coordinate the gently caress out of theirs. And maybe our two Town BMs just... helped 'em along.

I can't make sense one way or the other out of the arguments being made, but I can say that inactive town is bad? But inactive town intentionally pooling points is, theoretically, very important to the scumplan.

Either I'm way the gently caress off base or I've loving got it. Scum: IS?????? For not bitching about me taking his points?? AR for the above.

##vote Absurd Revolver

Sorry buddy. You know I love you. But at this point you should either have replaced out or I think I've got you.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

If this is true, disregard loving everything I just said. Good lord. Doublechecking.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

peramene posted:

If this is true, disregard loving everything I just said. Good lord. Doublechecking.

Also, since you're thinking about it, Light players have a total of 40CP and scum have 30 (minus expenditures obviously)

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
i actually did take a job, just now

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I don't see how you used an ability and didn't realize it cost you 0 CP while you're attacking AR for not paying close enough attention to how CP works in the same breath

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Confirming: went for the information way too quick and blew basic loving reading comprehension.

## unvote

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Bifauxnen posted:

[We] have to spend 15 CP to use their level 3 powers if [we] switched out of [our] job[s]?

Absurd Revolver posted:

i actually did take a job, just now

atta boy get on in there

I don't see how you used an ability and didn't realize it cost you 0 CP while you're attacking AR for not paying close enough attention to how CP works in the same breath

I don't see an active balance or anything. I just assumed it cost 10 and then I got 5 back from somebody else's stack. Seemed weird but seemed balanced.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

peramene posted:

Pera doesn't about CP costs for abilities but used hers last night? Yeah scum

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
pera how much hp do you have

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Oh poo poo I did not realize deadline was tonight.

I'm here for about another half an hour. Did not remember deadline was tonight either.

peramene posted:

Last night I stole 5 CP from IllegallySober (my #1 scum pick) and as far as I can tell he hasn't said a word about it. Refunded my switch to Thief. That he expressed discontent with the setup but not with losing CP - this is their one disadvantage, right? They don't get as much CP as we do. So while I have... poo poo, I'll check.

I'll verify this is true, but two things:

1) What do you mean "refunded your switch to Thief?" I was under the impression we could only pick one job per game day. You had something else D1 and then switched to Thief the same day?

2) Why would you claim your job?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
the town members started as freelancers and switched from that

maybe it's different for you scumbos!

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

the town members started as freelancers and switched from that

maybe it's different for you scumbos!

CapitalistPig posted:

Every player in the game will begin as a freelancer with no abilities (Other than some possible power roles relating to Capacity Points)

Thanks, I'm aware of that. I'm asking if she is saying she took another job first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
it costs 5 cp to switch to thief on day 1. she stole 5 cp from you that night gaining 5 cp.

I don't see what the confusion is and it feels like you're asking questions just to have content

• Locked thread