Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Dodged a bullet there. Good thing they remembered Sith can't be ghosts.

This was before NuCanon. Sith could be ghosts back then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFvj026dFxk

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
They're still releasing Clone Wars animatics. Cool, might be some other news ones for me to check out. Any more full episodes since the Utapau and Bad Batch ones?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

If any Force user could become a Force Ghost regardless of alignment, it would be Revan.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Dodged a bullet there. Good thing they remembered Sith can't be ghosts.

Doesn't Darth Bane's ghost show up in one of the last episodes?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Pops Mgee posted:

Doesn't Darth Bane's ghost show up in one of the last episodes?

That was just a vision created by the Force Priestesses, kinda like the Dagobah Cave. Basically the whole point of the scene is Yoda going "yeah, you're not real. You don't exist anymore".

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Jan 25, 2017

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Galaga Galaxian posted:

That was just a vision created by the Force Priestesses, kinda like the Dagobah Cave. Basically the whole point of the scene is Yoda going "yeah, you're not real. You don't exist anymore".

Nah, that one was Sidious, not the priestesses

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I mean, the Sith spirits don't actually have to be sentient apparitions as much as they could just be strong emotional imprints on the Force as a result of their negative emotions. Or holocrons that store/simulate consciousness, similar to the one on Malachor.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

IronSaber posted:

So I heard from a """source""" that in a future season Kyle Katarn and Prince Xizor are being reintroduced/recanonized.

Take that with a rather large grain of salt, but my mind reels at the possibilities...

Well this is terrible loving news.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
What's wrong with Kyle Katarn there fucko?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Rocksicles posted:

Tbh I think Filoni needs to dial back from the EU resurrection a little, and go for some original characters instead, rather than double down and hope it works as well as Thrawn did.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

When all of our protagonists are original characters, it doesn't bother me a whole lot to have some wacky EU guest stars every now and then.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

NTRabbit posted:

Tbh I think Filoni needs to dial back from the EU resurrection a little, and go for some original characters instead, rather than double down and hope it works as well as Thrawn did.

Katarn and Mara Jade are the only big characters that people would really be looking for anyway.

I mean, I'd go nuts for Wraith or Rogue Squadron, but if we never see Gavin Darklighter or Tyria Sarkin on screen I'm not going to pitch a hissy fit. And the less said about poo poo like Kyp Durron the better.

(Admiral Zsinj as done in the Wraith books would be a cool villain, though. A legit tactician that playacts as a pirate to throw off his enemies. )

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Rocksicles posted:

He's been done. Dark Forces was a fun game but why would I want him to show up again?

Sith Happens
Jun 7, 2005

You will find that it is you
who are mistaken.

About a great many things.

Gaz-L posted:

(Admiral Zsinj as done in the Wraith books would be a cool villain, though. A legit tactician that playacts as a pirate to throw off his enemies. )

I hear New Oldtown is really nice this time of year.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Shbobdb posted:

He's been done. Dark Forces was a fun game but why would I want him to show up again?

So has any number of characters. For every Uber nerd who knows all the characters, there are probably hundreds if not thousands who don't.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Maybe they'll put a new spin on those characters?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Without the entire Dark Forces background story, what is Kyle Katarn? Just another space merc? Like what's even there to even spin a character out of other than the name?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

He also stole the death star plans. Again!

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

AndyElusive posted:

Without the entire Dark Forces background story, what is Kyle Katarn? Just another space merc? Like what's even there to even spin a character out of other than the name?

Well, his father just so happens to know about this really nice resort planet complete with midichlorinated pool

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

AndyElusive posted:

So... he didn't steal plans, still has like 9 years worth of video games timelines and books to draw on.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I for one am shocked we've gotten 3 seasons in without Boba Fett showing up.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Pops Mgee posted:

I for one am shocked we've gotten 3 seasons in without Boba Fett showing up.

Quiet, they'll HEAR you! Jeez, man, don't you know if you say that name three times in a row they make a terrible episode of television about him? Shut up already! :colbert:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I hope he shows up, Kanan spins around to kick him but misses, Fett falls off ship anyway

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Pops Mgee posted:

I for one am shocked we've gotten 3 seasons in without Cad Bane showing up.

Seems more likely to me.

Medullah posted:

I hope he shows up, Kanan spins around to kick him but misses, Fett falls off ship anyway

Well, Fett's weakness is the blind.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Galaga Galaxian posted:

:vince:

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Seems more likely to me.

Cad Bane has been confirmed for the Darth Maul prequel.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
What Darth Maul prequel?

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Prequel comic.

Covok
May 27, 2013

'Should have clarified that I meant comic. Ironically, person who told me about it also just said Prequel and I also jumped to thinking it was a movie.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Rocksicles posted:

So has any number of characters. For every Uber nerd who knows all the characters, there are probably hundreds if not thousands who don't.

Nice self-own.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Covok posted:

Cad Bane has been confirmed for the Darth Maul prequel.

That's Aurra Sing on the cover as well

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Shbobdb posted:

Nice self-own.

For sure. I love Star Wars. But i don't remember all the characters names.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Man, what an episode! I agree the story arc was rushed but Tiya Sircar sold the hell out of that exposition. The score was fantastic as well.

Having just binged watched all the way since the beginning of Season 2, it's pretty remarkable how much the show has improved compared to Season 1. I wasn't sure about getting back into it, but I'm glad I did. Can't wait for the rest of the season.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Also also, Chopper is the best. I really hope he appears in a movie in the future.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

enraged_camel posted:

Also also, Chopper is the best. I really hope he appears in a movie in the future.

He was in rogue one for like 2 seconds.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Clearly it is time for new special editions of the original trilogy! :v:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

enraged_camel posted:

He was in Rogue One!

teagone posted:

Real good look at the live-action Chopper from Rogue One:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7AuVg8OL3A&t=73s

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Hey I heard Chopper was in Rogue One, confirm/deny?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Hakkesshu posted:

Hey I heard Chopper was in Rogue One, confirm/deny?

Confirm.

• Locked thread