Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Mithross posted:

Game related note, still not sold on town KB. Can't articulate it well, plus phone posting. We'll see between now and deadline.

Feeling a bit better about Kash. He's engaged more and shown his work. ##unvote

Basically feeling lost in general. This game is rough.

I was hoping he'd address his IS case, I imagine he'll get to it eventually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

this is a stickup posted:

here is an important question for the town

how hard should I make a margarita right now

if you are scum, do NOT answer

2.5 shots. Go big or go home (or stay home).

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

here is an important question for the town

how hard should I make a margarita right now

if you are scum, do NOT answer

Lmao just drink the tequila wtf are you doing

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Moatillata posted:

If it's not good tequila he might vomit, some people don't like it straight

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Moatillata posted:

at least try to pretend you aren't scum

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Moat I totally feel you on being dismayed by night 1, but cmon, I'm still getting myself into arguments to try and get more reads and junk. are you scum just being all ironic about me "being scum without you"?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

If it's not good tequila he might vomit, some people don't like it straight

I love tequila, this is why I don't know how strong margaritas are vOv

I don't drink mixed drinks at all really

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

I love tequila, this is why I don't know how strong margaritas are vOv

I don't drink mixed drinks at all really

Moatillata posted:

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I mean I'm feeling a little disconnected right now because it seems pretty unlikely we have a lynch today

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
also i'm a geomancer

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
why would you claim that so randomly?

tell us what it does now that it's out there I guess

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Absurd Revolver posted:

also i'm a geomancer

Scum knows what that does, so if you're claiming your role you may as well tell us what you know.

*sigh*

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

This case from KB is about the worst I've ever seen from him. Asiina is one of the people voting IS who was killed...by you. Yet instead of casing you for killing Asiina, he uses your kill as evidence that IS is scum. He also throws Gulag in there as someone willing to lynch IS to avoid a no-lynch? The other bit of evidence from his case is that stickup killed Inf, but again, he's voting me, not stickup (despite agreeing with me that stickup's kill is odd).

This is scum KB. He's voting me because I've called him out on his scummy behavior, not because he thinks I'm scum. He apparently feels that IS, Kash, and stickup are scum due to flips and claimed night kills, and he's casing IS based on stickup/Kash's alignments.

This was by no means a case. It was something I was thinking about. And note, he was not my primary vote. It was kind of weak, I'll grant you, but I was also confused about the inability to cuddle him. I feel like it's more likely when that happens for the target to be scum, but I guess I won't rule out apathy. In my opinion a case normally includes a vote, among other things.

Anyway, to speak to it specifically though. People were bandying about the possibility that Stick and Kash were scum black mages who were claiming for cred. If that's true, then between the two, they killed one person solidly wanting to vote IS and one person solidly wanting to vote Moat, but willing to hop on for IS. The thing is, I was and still am leaning town on Stick, so if he really is town, his kill of someone that really wanted to vote Moat but voted IS can be thrown out anyway. That leaves 2 kills on people that wanted to vote IS(Asiina/Gulag) and only one kill on someone who wanted to vote Moat(MMT). If Kash is town and scum only killed two people though, it stays a wash. One of each.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Also, to further throw shade on KB's "case" for IS being scum, here's a few posts from Infinitum.

He wanted Moat deaaaaaaad. If you think IS is scummier because Infinitum died having his vote on them...you're either not reading the thread or deliberately misrepresenting what happened.

Also, Infinitum called out KB for advocating a lurker lynch D1.

Terrible, terrible casing by KB. KB is not town.

Bif of course disagrees and thinks that KB's case is excellent and that I'm scum for bringing it up.

As above, again, not a case. But meh. I think this is a fair point other than that. I was possibly seeing shadows where there aren't any based on my notion that there was a reason IS didn't get cuddled.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
he used his geomancer magic to vanish!

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
This game is a glorious garbage fire

*Warms hands*

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
don't be too down on yourself, moatles

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Call him moatykins, he loves that

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

I'm pretty surprised tbh that I didn't get lynched. I'm not really surprised at all that I didn't get vigged because it throws more suspicion on me, as KB is proving.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

scholar is a 2 shot roleblock

This better have generated some suspicions from Tobbs.

Kashuno posted:

LMAO holy gently caress this setup is insane af.

everyone should switch to scholar, give us all two full nights of RB at minimum.

If we create a full RB circle by following a very clearly defined chain we can prevent the multiple vigs, get the class to lvl 5, AND hunt scum with no reprocussions

Interesting, but I don't think this would work. I'm really not sure how order of operations would work on this though.

Everyone taking Doc and self protecting would accomplish the same thing easier.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

He's probably not lying as it would be too easy to get caught. I'm a bit surprised to see a roleblock in two different tiers. I swore someone claimed to be roleblocked but I couldn't find it.

:( I expected more here.

Anyway, it was Mr. F

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I remembered to look back at mr f but there is nothing to look at really

a few mentions of sorry I didn't post and I can't get into the game. votes IS on gulag's case, which he himself dropped almost immediately. gets points stolen, apparently.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

I'm not? I'm p pumped about having some nice warm hands

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

IllegallySober posted:

I'm pretty surprised tbh that I didn't get lynched. I'm not really surprised at all that I didn't get vigged because it throws more suspicion on me, as KB is proving.

Oh, there is no way in a million years you or Moat would be vigged by scum last night. To be clear, I was never saying that was a thing.

It's a bit odd that the claimed town vigs didn't take one of you out though. But maybe not given their other opinions. Haven't spent a lot of time looking at that yet.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bifauxnen posted:

That was Mr. F, who said his "spell" failed. I theorized he could have been a BM targeting someone who was protected, rather than him being blocked, but no one seems to have commented on this.

This was my belief. I questioned him on it. Has he even been back to post? I'll look back when I finish catching up.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I think I mentioned that I find advocating for multiple claims way scummier than claiming one's own role.

Also, since docs can self-protect, your (KB) actions seem less sinister than I originally thought (that you were trying to get another doc to target you, or that you knew scum wouldn't kill you).

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

he used his geomancer magic to vanish!

Yeah what the hell, after all that babbling about claims he cant at least figure that you should claim what the job does if youre gonna claim it at all? We got like 1 hour to deadline now, what if he's the only one who picked it and he got killed tonight before he bothered to explain.anything?

I can see loving up or being lazy on D1, but this is like just daring us to do anything about it

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

King Burgundy posted:

This was my belief. I questioned him on it. Has he even been back to post? I'll look back when I finish catching up.

I don't believe he has but I'll look back too.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

He's posted five times and they were all early in the day, so no.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Moatillata posted:

I am feeling a severe case of nihilism about this game.

I mean let's just say scum all rolled BM

They get 4 nks on town

They rank up to lvl 3 (as all should have)

Get another 4 nks

I mean gently caress.

It's seriously threatening my engagement

This is a game where every other player could have been docs protecting also. Or who knows what else since we still haven't seen a warrior or monk claim.

Combined with Stick's post about the 2 shot roleblock for one of the new jobs, I think this post is really weird and woe is me.

I mean yes, the possibilities for a N1 mass killing/game over were there, but so were the possibilities equally there for no kills/very few. Especially without a scum kill.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
##vote thisisastickup

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Moatillata posted:

##vote thisisastickup

moatykins no!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Ok caught up.

I can't believe AR claimed his role without telling us what it does. smdh.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

I lied he doesn't find it ingratiating at all

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

King Burgundy posted:

I mean yes, the possibilities for a N1 mass killing/game over were there, but so were the possibilities equally there for no kills/very few. Especially without a scum kill.

Sure, if you assume that town knows what all the jobs do. But they didn't. Far more likely that the bloodbath we saw happened because scum knew the jobs.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

##vote AR

Out with it dude

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I lied he doesn't find it ingratiating at all

you know what happens to liars, right?

IllegallySober posted:

Sure, if you assume that town knows what all the jobs do. But they didn't. Far more likely that the bloodbath we saw happened because scum knew the jobs.

I would somewhat agree with this, but earlier I realized that assuming a 4 man scum team, I'd suggest a strategy like 2 kills 2 docs for the first night.

also from what kash? said, apparently it was obvious to some that black mage would be a vig, so I'm not sure it's entirely a safe assumption to say all town members didn't know

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Ok, so I'm feeling a fair amount of people I'd vote right now.

I think Tobbs is lower on my list now since some of what he said today actually made sense so I need to take a step back and reevaluate.

##unvote

I think resolving one of Moat and IS would still be great. And I'm leaning back towards Moat again after his weird woe is me post. Seems like the same kind of post Kash made as scum in some other game when he thought the game was balanced against him. Like a weird projecting thing.

He's my lead.

##vote Moat

But also, we only have like 40 minutes left, so not sure who we can get traction on.

Also willing to vote:

Mr. F, maybe he is a black mage who didn't claim it, also he's not posting, so we get rid of a lurker.
BK, supposedly a 3p, but either way he is not participating in the game at this point.
AR, not participating, his actions make very little sense. Maybe scum?

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
oh right

so i got to pick three terrain types which equal different abilities

every night i have 1/2 a chance to jail my target, 1/4 of a chance to turn them into a lightning rod, and 1/4 of a chance to jail/lightning rod myself

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Lol KB

##vote KB

I was waiting for someone to go for the low hanging fruit

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

IllegallySober posted:

I dunno, someone claimed to know black mage would obviously be a vig. I knew almost for sure that White Mage would be some type of protection if appropriate. And we don't know how many scum there are, game could be balanced in part based on their numbers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

I'd still vote Moat or any of the rest of my guess for scum team, but my vote for Moat wouldn't be because of that post since I'm still not thrilled with the setup either.

• Locked thread