Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Dehry posted:

Atelier Firis release details:
Bonus costumes from Amazon, Best Buy, Gamestop
No LE
March 7th

Just gently caress off releasing stuff I want in Feb/March god drat

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Jan 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Sakurazuka posted:

Just gently caress of releasing stuff I want in Feb/March god drat
At least I can use Gamer's Club Unlocked/Amazon Prime for 20% discounts.

Also, PSN is down

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
PSN really should offer 20% preorder discounts with Plus.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Dehry posted:

At least I can use Gamer's Club Unlocked/Amazon Prime for 20% discounts.

Also, PSN is down

Amazon UK gives you a £2 discount, yay.....

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

First impressions of Yakuza 0:
Story and acting are great as usual.
Graphics are definitely a bit dated but the animations and character models look excellent and seeing a Yakuza game run so smoothly is amazing.
Really glad it seems to have sold out in a lot of places. Hopefully it sends a message to Sega that people want these ports. I can't wait for Kiwami and the fact that six has Takeshi Kitano in it is so cool to me.

Slackerish
Jan 1, 2007

Hail Boognish
how many of y'all still play The Division? I'm thinking about getting it but I'm kinda on the fence: is it like Destiny where raids don't have matchmaking and you can only play with people who you invited/invited you?

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

Slackerish posted:

how many of y'all still play The Division? I'm thinking about getting it but I'm kinda on the fence: is it like Destiny where raids don't have matchmaking and you can only play with people who you invited/invited you?

You can solo the entire story - i'm at 22 hours played and at level 14, about a third of the way through the 'story' i think. there's just a ton of pvp and pve content on top of all that too for the endgame loot collection types.
you can also play with randoms or friends very easily on any of the story missions.

It's also really good. walking around hunting for phone recordings or whichever little story pickups is surprisingly compelling. Some of the story missions are super cool, the lincoln tunnel one is a little bit michael mann.

cubicle gangster fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Jan 26, 2017

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.
My PS4 is hooked up to my TV through HDMI. It thinks my TV does 5.1, and it doesn't. How do I get it to let me hear dialogue in anything?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Go to the audio settings on your PS4 and turn off any checkboxes that say 5.1 or Dolby.

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
Change the PS4 audio output to Linear PCM.

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Go to the audio settings on your PS4 and turn off any checkboxes that say 5.1 or Dolby.

The only setting I can change is audio format, and if I mess with it nothing else comes up.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Square Enix are working on a Marvel game now.

Good luck seeing that FF7 remaster...ever

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Just got to Altissia in FFXV and damned if that city isn't gorgeous :stwoon:.

Yeah. It doesn't really fit in well with the structure of the game, hence the dog-based-time travel system, but I can absolutely see why they said "gently caress it, we're putting this in come hell or high water."

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

It's Crystal Dynamics and Eidos Montreal studios teaming up to make it. That side of Square-Enix has never touched Final Fantasy.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's being made by their western teams though.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ah fair enough.

I uh...still stand by my remark.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Ah fair enough.

I uh...still stand by my remark.

Well we haven't really heard a peep about FF7R since the announcement so I maintain a conservative 2020 release date.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
More like 2025 because it's going to take 10 years. I'm not going to be surprised if they announce they're dropping the episodic release plan

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

SettingSun posted:

Well we haven't really heard a peep about FF7R since the announcement so I maintain a conservative 2020 release date.

Lakbay posted:

More like 2025 because it's going to take 10 years

If we see nothing of it at this year's E3 i'm going to be very upset cause chances are you'll both be right. :ohdear:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SettingSun posted:

SE has a big 30th Anniversary of Final Fantasy event on Tuesday so you will probably get some info then.

More importantly we will probably get info on the FFXII remaster (which had the trophies revealed yesterday) and the rumored I-IX anniversary collection that has translated versions of all the original NES games instead of some of the weird ports we got instead.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Lakbay posted:

More like 2025 because it's going to take 10 years. I'm not going to be surprised if they announce they're dropping the episodic release plan

It will be the most epic episodic game of all time spanning over 30 years and countless platforms. We'll still be in Midgar when it concludes, you should've seen it.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

I had Gravity Rush 2, RE7 and Yakuza 0 arrive from Amazon today.

I'm still in the middle of juggling FF15 and Watchdogs 2. Gaming is retarded good at the moment. We'll be looking back on 2016/2017 as another golden age for gaming in time to come.

Whenever Sony are doing well, an almost overwhelming amount of great stuff keeps getting released. My PC is redundant for anything other than shitposting and the occasional bit of FF14 at this stage.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

spudsbuckley posted:

We'll be looking back on 2016/2017 as another golden age for gaming in time to come..

Well, yeah, it'll be the last years before global economic collapse and nuclear war, kinda hard for gaming to get good during that time.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I never really feel when gaming gets "good" or "bad" because I don't power through games fast enough to ever be sitting there without a great game to play.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I'm sure the sensible answer is "come back to it later when you are mo' betta" but it's irking me that in Gravity Rush 2 I just got an announcement of a Gravity Boss/issue guy at Mining Site 13 and it seems either way too hard to survive, or that the controls/camera are just THAT bad for this fight that I am ineffective.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

ImpAtom posted:

Well, yeah, it'll be the last years before global economic collapse and nuclear war, kinda hard for gaming to get good during that time.

I unironically expect the cost of consoles, among other things, to spike when the US and China enter into a trade war

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

poptart_fairy posted:

So, does Resi 7 have much in the way of replayability? I'm trying to toss up whether my Feburary game is going to be that or Nioh. I think I'm burned out on Souls-esque games, but Nioh still appeals. Resi 7 is trying to lure me in but I don't want to pay £50 for something that'll be done and over in seven hours.

People have already responded with regards to RE7, but with Nioh - my impressions coming from playing the alpha, beta, and most recent demo - I would argue it feels different enough from Dark Souls to keep you from burning out, while still remaining in the same genre. It's way more combat focused with there being a lot of mechanics to play around with, kind of like a character action game.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

First impressions of Yakuza 0:
Story and acting are great as usual.
Graphics are definitely a bit dated but the animations and character models look excellent and seeing a Yakuza game run so smoothly is amazing.
Really glad it seems to have sold out in a lot of places. Hopefully it sends a message to Sega that people want these ports. I can't wait for Kiwami and the fact that six has Takeshi Kitano in it is so cool to me.

0 and Kiwami are going to look dated as they are cross gen games so they were still taking the PS3 into account during development. 6 is the one to pay attention to on visual improvements. But still they look good for what they are.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Yeah I'm not complaining. I didn't know that 0 was on PS3 until a few days ago.

I'm wondering if they'll eventually getting around to releasing them all on PS4. I have 3,4 and 5 on PS3 but I got a bit bogged down by how dated 3 feels on PS3, the load times are atrocious.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I know Sega's said they may give Yakuza 2 the Kiwami treatment but I don't know anything about games beyond the original 2 classic ones.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

Feenix posted:

I'm sure the sensible answer is "come back to it later when you are mo' betta" but it's irking me that in Gravity Rush 2 I just got an announcement of a Gravity Boss/issue guy at Mining Site 13 and it seems either way too hard to survive, or that the controls/camera are just THAT bad for this fight that I am ineffective.

When in doubt spam stasis. Every time it throws the boomerang it'll leave behind debris that you can throw back at it if you're on the ground.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Marogareh posted:

When in doubt spam stasis. Every time it throws the boomerang it'll leave behind debris that you can throw back at it if you're on the ground.

Yeah but the ground is the absolute worst loving place to be. The camera does not know what to do with itself if you get anywhere near a ledge and the whole thing is just little cubicle ledges.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
I bought Geometry Wars 3 in that sale and welp, it's like 2006 all over again for me. I don't even play any of the other modes, just the one that was in the 360 game.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

For Honor? More like Four Hours to download your beta, Ubisoft. Pfft.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Housh posted:

Hey that's today! I know nothing about it but the CG trailer that told me nothing, we will see if its any good.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

It took me about 50 minutes to download that beta the other day. It's pretty fun! I spent 40 minutes dueling this one dude over and over, just poking around and feeling out the game mechanics and I really enjoyed it. Unfortunately, the matchmaking for Domination (4v4 control point mode) is broken right now so I started up Yakuza 0.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Housh posted:

Still haven't been accepted to the beta. I think it asked me what platform and I put PC and they probably aren't doing a PC beta at all. God damnit, I have a PS4 and Xbone too you jerks. I signed up for the beta like the day the page opened.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Policenaut posted:

It took me about 50 minutes to download that beta the other day. It's pretty fun! I spent 40 minutes dueling this one dude over and over, just poking around and feeling out the game mechanics and I really enjoyed it. Unfortunately, the matchmaking for Domination (4v4 control point mode) is broken right now so I started up Yakuza 0.

On a scale from Mash A to Dark Souls, hows the combat?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

for honor looks bad but will sell 10 times as much as better game nioh

the combat is like you need to hit where the guy isn't guarding and vice versa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
I'm reading something that says people in the for honor beta should have invites for 3 friends? If you guys wouldn't mind looking into that...

Real hurthling! posted:

for honor looks bad but will sell 10 times as much as better game nioh

the combat is like you need to hit where the guy isn't guarding and vice versa

Yeah Nioh is way better but I'll play both of em.