Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

It would put me off selling there since you have a massive cock poo poo posting on I assume everything that drives the price down and the admins appear to let him do it. If I wanted to do that I would post it for sale on Pistonheads and let the 1%ers on there have at it. In fact send the guy a link to Pistonheads I think he will fit in with all the poo poo heads over there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer
I don't even know what the point of a moderated chat is when complete garbage comments like

quote:

Hmmm…this or the ZR-1? I think I’ll take the Corvette.

don't get removed by a site that's supposed to be helping you sell the car.

Honestly though you're better off than the Porsche auctions which have the same kind of assholes but in even greater numbers.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

That guy must be a dreamer, because he has no bid history. And of course he makes IMS comments on porsche listings. http://bringatrailer.com/member/SchwarzHorse/ I guess he's fit to comment on your passion, Kimbo, since he's got a superior Porsche 914 :agesilaus: (bet it's a 4 cylinder, too)

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

"harmful brake soot" instantly flags him as either a troll or an rear end in a top hat with little real world experience. Perhaps both.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
All those comments are valid you should sell me this car for $5K if it doesn't reach reserve. I will take it harmful brake soot and bad DIY fixes and all even though it is white and not a Testarosa.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

BigPaddy posted:

It would put me off selling there since you have a massive cock poo poo posting on I assume everything that drives the price down and the admins appear to let him do it.

Honestly, I thought it would be way worse than this, with teardown posts left and right.
To have just the one serious one a day before the auction's up isn't so bad.

Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004

Seminal Flu posted:

"harmful brake soot" instantly flags him as either a troll or an rear end in a top hat with little real world experience. Perhaps both.

Id go with rear end in a top hat. One time I showed up to a "American car day" car show with Kimbo's z06 while it had full American flag painters tape livery with name tapes and numbers on it and the event runners thought it was so hilarious and awesome they put the car right up front. At some point while talking to someone about it, a guy walked up, looked at the car, and made a derogatory comment about the brake dust in a completely serious manner.

Das Volk posted:

The thread died because I just wasn't doing anything with the car, and I don't really have time to keep up with the forum anymore. A friend of mine was dying to drive it, and had driven my black car as well, but he made the mistake of letting his girlfriend drive the car. Its value started climbing once they announced the end of production, so I ended up owning both cars for free essentially. Sad it went out the way so many of them do though.

Edit for those who care:
Project.next is either building a dedicated hillclimbing/track car or buying a friend's McLaren 650S. I love the Viper but it's limited at my event's altitude, and building another one doesn't scratch the car ADD itch anymore.

Snakebite :( Sorry about your viper.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.
Good luck, Kimbo. I don't post in AI a lot, but I thought your Ferrari adventures were cool and I hope you get a flurry of last minute bidding.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Last day bids are starting to come in! Good luck kimbo!

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer
I'm anxiously watching it too especially since the comments are starting to take a good turn. Hopefully it's gearing up for a strong finish because that's the feeling I'm starting to get.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....
Holy smokes! that last bid. Good luck, Kimbo!

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
I was getting all :ohdear: when I checked this before leaving work, but now... nice!

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib
$35K... 3 hours to go!

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.
College Slice
Man, I'd guess about 15-20% of my car's final price was bid in the last hour. I gotta think he's got way more upside on this.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Good luck today! I will be watching the auction while at work. I think it is the most interesting auction of the day with the next best one being the Exige S (holy smokes $50 grand already :stonk:)

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer

Sten Freak posted:

Man, I'd guess about 15-20% of my car's final price was bid in the last hour. I gotta think he's got way more upside on this.

I'm thinking being white is going to be the driving factor and it's going to be surprising. At least I hope :ohdear:

I'm going to guess 41k, pulled straight out of my rear end

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Beverly Cleavage posted:

Holy smokes! that last bid. Good luck, Kimbo!

It's a 2nd bid by a guy who seems to really want it. He's already asked me a couple of logistical questions.

Sten Freak posted:

:pray:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Thanks for giving us something to watch this afternoon.

:munch:

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

kimbo305 posted:

It's a 2nd bid by a guy who seems to really want it. He's already asked me a couple of logistical questions.

:pray:

So if it doesn't hit reserve you can probably get that guy to buy it anyway?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

You're losing to the isetta!

I've gotta say, auctions are my favorite form of gambling.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Under 5 minute bids have started!

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib
35,5... 36,250... 36,5... 37,5

sharkytm fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Jan 26, 2017

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

SNIPE BID SNIPE BID

this guy has bid on multiple things before, which is reassuring.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

I need to be working but I can't stop watching. aggggh

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

SHOTS FIRED

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Powershift posted:

You're losing to the isetta!

I've gotta say, auctions are my favorite form of gambling.

Looks like it's on now.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
HERE WE GO!

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib
bee dee beep! The final countdown. 38 now.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Seminal Flu posted:

Looks like it's on now.

You jinxed it.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Third bidder on the grassy knoll!

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

The bid history glitched for a second? And it popped back down to 35.5. Jesus, heart in my throat.

I think that guy just bid against himself? I wonder if it's 2nd bid final price.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Got a little 3 way action going.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!
About how much are you into it for? Sorry if that's been posted.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

Powershift posted:

Got a little 3 way action going.

giggity

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

Dude, you've handled this so well being responsive and honest to questions that have come up.

Now you have three bidders who seem pretty pumped to get their hands on this.

Nice work.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib
Come on 40K

aaaand there it is

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs