Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magical Zero
Aug 21, 2008

The colour out of space.
The character models look fantastic now. Huge improvement for overall graphical fidelity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Well backing Wasteland 2 got me $5 off Wasteland 3, and backing that on Fig now gives me $5 off this. Sounds good to me and lets me feel like I'm actually saving money instead of spending it.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

Just watched the new trailer. Looks fantastic.

Everything looks great. Can't wait for this.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Sorry guys, I just invested $1000 into POE2 on Fig and changed the main character to Sephiroth instead of the Watcher.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Can't believe you have to pay $5k to be a pirate captain this should be the default reward at $5 imo

If the game doesn't have at LEAST a couple dozen thousand pirate captains I'm getting a refund

Also I've always wondered what kinda people back for the $5 tier. Congratulations on your...forums badge? For a game you apparently don't want to buy?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

AngryBooch posted:

Sorry guys, I just invested $1000 into POE2 on Fig and changed the main character to Sephiroth instead of the Watcher.

Don't apologize for doing what needed to be done.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

rope kid posted:

did somebody say balance

please don't "hate" wizards again

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

I have no idea if importing saves will be applicable but if they are then I need to replay the end of Pillars 1 because I think my last one was giving power to Woedica and pissing off all the Gods I broke promises to in order to get buffs.

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Smug Statement: Elementary, my dear meatbag.

DancingShade posted:

I have no idea if importing saves will be applicable but if they are then I need to replay the end of Pillars 1 because I think my last one was giving power to Woedica and pissing off all the Gods I broke promises to in order to get buffs.

You can import saves and you should totally import that one.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

DancingShade posted:

Yeah I made a promise to all the gods at the same time in my first run, not really understanding exactly what I was doing, so Dyrwood is pretty much undergoing about 9 kinds of apocalypse at this point.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Well poo poo I'm in for the statue cause I'm a terrible nerd who sucks

I just want to know how much fun rope kid is planning on sucking out of the game and also why he hates fun so much

Zagrod
Jun 26, 2005

fiyah fiyah fiyah
Clapping Larry

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

You too? :respek:

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

The CREATE A SPELL backer rewards are already sold out :allears:

Hey Chief
Feb 21, 2013

Anywhere I could read which countries are eligible for shipping? Thinking of getting myself some of those minis.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

frajaq posted:

I want to know the statistics of suggestions involving breasts or dicks. Turns your weapon into a big floppy purple dong, conjures up a big pair of titties to distract enemies, poo poo like that.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Zagrod posted:

You too? :respek:

Yup, I hope it turns out better than the Dark Souls 3 Flask Fiasco. I just want a neat green head on my desk!!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Insurrectionist posted:

Also I've always wondered what kinda people back for the $5 tier. Congratulations on your...forums badge? For a game you apparently don't want to buy?

It's a perfectly fine way to tangibly show your support and intent to buy the game when it comes out.

It's like the $1 level on my Patreon. People who say "It's the thought that counts" have clearly never tried to buy groceries with their mind.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I just want to know how much fun rope kid is planning on sucking out of the game and also why he hates fun so much

frajaq posted:

Pepe's Paralyzing Cuckblast

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

2house2fly posted:

Pepe's Paralyzing Cuckblast

Gator's Quenching Thirst-aide

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

precision posted:

It's a perfectly fine way to tangibly show your support and intent to buy the game when it comes out.

It's like the $1 level on my Patreon. People who say "It's the thought that counts" have clearly never tried to buy groceries with their mind.

Why not back at a higher tier then? For example Premium Digital or Early Access depending on how much you want to spend, there's no physical rewards for Obsidian to spend money producing either and the former should be reasonably close to retail price, and worth far more to Obsidian since they'd have to wait for years to get the extra $10 or whatever from a retail purchase.

I guess if you don't have money to back now...but $5 probably carries you longer than it does Obsidian in that case.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

frajaq posted:

yeah one of em is me but I value my money too much to throw it away on an intentional joke.

The joke will be very earnest.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Archmage John Smith specialized in pretty average fireball spells.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Basic Chunnel posted:

yeah one of em is me but I value my money too much to throw it away on an intentional joke.

The joke will be very earnest.

I dunno how you're gonna top Tayne's Chaotic Orb, but godspeed.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Insurrectionist posted:

Why not back at a higher tier then?

I dunno :shrug:

I'm just saying, I could see someone wanting to vote with their dollars but not wanting to vote with more than $5. Especially since they explicitly say they don't need the money.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
We already have an SA spell in the game with Tayn's Chaotic Orb

kujeger
Feb 19, 2004

OH YES HA HA
I hope the game's got cinematics in that drawn style, looked really nice

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Ginette Reno posted:

We already have an SA spell in the game with Tayn's Chaotic Orb

idgi

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Jimbot posted:

I want to know the statistics of suggestions involving breasts or dicks. Turns your weapon into a big floppy purple dong, conjures up a big pair of titties to distract enemies, poo poo like that.

I think big head mode is pretty dumb, but I would absolutely pay a premium for "every NCP and enemy turns into a giant floppy dong" mode. Macrocephaly is a serious disease and nothing to joke about, but cocks are eternally funny.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!

lucky you

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
Game looks markedly better than Pillars 1. The new spell effects and the more robust lighting (which is still total loving wizardry how you make dynamic lighting work on pre-rendered backgrounds) look amazing. Character models look way better than the honestly kind of dumpy ones in the first game. Multiclassing is rad, don't care if it's broken.

If strongholds do return I hope they're more fully fleshed out. Probably a pipedream, but I would love to see some stuff like worker placement to develop parts of a stronghold/town over time, recruiting special residents to your stronghold, research and development of new toys, more substance to sending your idle party members off on their own adventures, et cetera. Just jam some XCOM directly into my Baldur's Gate please. Obsidian did eventually add those quests to Caed Nua with special rewards and those helped some, but mostly the Stronghold felt like a bunch of menus where you throw gold into a pit, and the end result was mostly lifeless.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
If strongholds return I hope they're a boat

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

A Jon Pop spell that instills sickness and a general sense of unwellness in the recipient if of the opposite gender. A trait shared with a lesser cantrip known as My Posting.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I've never stepped foot in GBS and have no particular affinity for goon forum culture so I'm probably just gonna do something dumb like make the archmage after the first Conjurer I went all the way through the BG series with, and make a spell that's an MotB throwback in some way.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

If strongholds return I hope they're a boat

Feargus has been all but outright saying there'll be a stronghold boat in the comments over at Fig.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Great trailer. Really excited for the next chapter in the series.

Bringing back Eder was the absolute best decision that could have been made, for real. Returning companions adds a real level of continuation in a series.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

It was a fyad catchphrase for a while and I assume the spell was a nod to that

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
It is, "Tane" from some Tim and Eric sketch and "orb" I guess because it sounds funny?

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

I honestly hope there's a way to opt out of dealing with a Ranger companion, even if it's a sub-optimal choice. I'm lazy about micro and I'm also one of those nerds who likes roleplaying.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

2house2fly posted:

It is, "Tane" from some Tim and Eric sketch and "orb" I guess because it sounds funny?

Now Tayne I can get in to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kujeger
Feb 19, 2004

OH YES HA HA
http://www.pcgamesn.com/pillars-of-eternity-2/pillars-of-eternity-2-release-date-story-setting

some info based on an upcoming interview with ropekid

• Locked thread