Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
my scumpinion for today is this is a stickup, just based on how people have voted/unvoted on them

i always get suspicious of people who have so many votes that ended up being non-commital

otherwise, i need more time to come up with a real and juicy read because life is a chaotic pit filled with more chaotic pits the farther you fall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Nah I'm just having fun rn

Monk is a one shot Nexus

Gl town hf

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Moatillata posted:

Not scum
Not a a monk anymore

Still want me to tell you what it does?

Who cares if youre not in the job anymore get on with it!

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

IllegallySober posted:

Do you think you aren't going to be lynched?

(That's an honest question, not sarcasm)

It's irrelevant. He already claimed that he took Monk D1, the cat's out of the bag.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
:cripes:

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

King Burgundy posted:

Not Voting (5): Absurd Revolver, AnonymousNarcotics, BottleKnight, chaoslord, peramene

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
##unvote

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Watch how many people ":airquote: just miss :airquote:" deadline here.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
yeah i'm not gonna be around for deadline

##vote moat

this isn't the best vote but a no-lynch after what happened n1 is scary

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

##vote Moat

goodnight sweet prince

(unless we nl again of course)

(and you also survive the black mage apocalypse)

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Bifauxnen posted:

##vote Moat

goodnight sweet prince

(unless we nl again of course)

(and you also survive the black mage apocalypse)

i'm planning to use my action on myself

either i get jailed or i absorb every kill at once and am a hero

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
IllegallySober (2): jon joe, Mr. F!
peramene (1): Kashuno
Absurd Revolver (1): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, peramene, peramene, Bifauxnen

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I'm ded

Thanks bif

Look! I'm helping!

##vote moat

it rhymes

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
:redhammer:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Moat is dead

King Gorn

Alus... the kingdom is yours now. Stop the war, and bring peace back to its people. I'm counting on you, son...
—King Gorn"

Light Aligned

Current Job - Black Mage

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Votecount for Day 2

Moatillata (8): King Burgundy, this is a stickup, IllegallySober, Mithross, Tobbs Gnawed, Absurd Revolver, Bifauxnen, Moatillata
IllegallySober (2): jon joe, Mr. F!
peramene (1): Kashuno
Bifauxnen (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, this is a stickup, this is a stickup
this is a stickup (0): Kashuno, Kashuno, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, IllegallySober, Moatillata, Moatillata, IllegallySober
Tobbs Gnawed (0): Bifauxnen, King Burgundy, Bifauxnen, King Burgundy
King Burgundy (0): Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, Moatillata, Moatillata
Absurd Revolver (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, peramene, peramene, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen
Kashuno (0): IllegallySober, Mithross, IllegallySober, Mithross

Not Voting (4): AnonymousNarcotics, BottleKnight, chaoslord, peramene

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is January 26th, 2017 at 12:30 a.m. EST -- that's in about 0 minutes.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
A massive storm comprised of Soul Capacity looms over the entire world. Forcing everyone inside for the night.

No one has died on Night 2.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Not Voting (14): Absurd Revolver, AnonymousNarcotics, Bifauxnen, BottleKnight, chaoslord, IllegallySober, jon joe, Kashuno, King Burgundy, Mithross, Mr. F!, peramene, this is a stickup, Tobbs Gnawed

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is January 28th, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. EST -- that's in about 2 days, 6 hours.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
you're a hero, lightning rod!

scholar gains 2 shot jail at level 3!

I have no idea what's going on with these jobs!

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I was very amused after seeing moat's flip

after the clusterfuck that was n1, moat, who was town aligned, switched to black mage

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Why the gently caress did we lynch moat holy poo poo

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Stickup if you are level 3 scholar does that mean your action was successful last night or am I still misunderstanding how that works?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Like I get it people are whining about not knowing how town lives through this but gently caress people at least put in some effort. I went back and read the posts after I fell asleep and the push to lynch moat was stupid and out of loving nowhere. Good night tho!

##vote pera

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

this is a stickup posted:

I was very amused after seeing moat's flip

after the clusterfuck that was n1, moat, who was town aligned, switched to black mage

Mass black magic apocalypse was a pretty funny idea though.

Nice work with the geomancing, AR (I presume)

Paranoia demands that I don't take this as absolute proof that he is town, but he is certainly not in my sights for now.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'd also vote KB for starting that dumb push and BK who disappeared for multiple irl days and is useless to this game

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
For the record Asiina said it D1 (I think I meant to but forgot to - loving Xanax): no lynching is not necessarily bad if we don't have confidence in our target.

I guess we get a bit of info? But who wasn't at least a little totes for voat mote? I was initially quite delighted to see ya'll had pulled it off without... well, isn't that an interesting list.

Maybe I don't understand the push for always at least getting somebody, but it seems like yesterday just ended up allowing scum to get a kill in despite (likely some amount of foreknowledge?) last night. Nobody Mafia Dad me, I'll get it eventually.

Good morning. I'll be out for a bit, but I'm gonna reread and "case"(?) my fellow novoters.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Kashuno posted:

this sounds like faux outrage, did you see Moat post anything besides goofing around and just one useful bit of info on monks at the last minute, cause I missed it

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Also I don't think a lightning rod worked because I am missing cp

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Kashuno posted:

Yeah, why did we lynch the guy who was asking to be lynched :downs:

Nice fake outrage, though.

##vote Kashuno

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Bifauxnen posted:

this sounds like faux outrage, did you see Moat post anything besides goofing around and just one useful bit of info on monks at the last minute, cause I missed it

I had already made it clear I thought he was town and that he was a bad choice

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

chaoslord posted:

???

What do you mean "missing", like you got a message saying you lost some during N2?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

IllegallySober posted:

Yeah, why did we lynch the guy who was asking to be lynched :downs:

Nice fake outrage, though.

##vote Kashuno

Kashuno posted:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

chaoslord posted:

This is confusing and concerning

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

chaoslord posted:

Stickup if you are level 3 scholar does that mean your action was successful last night or am I still misunderstanding how that works?

My action failed but I leveled up an ability.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Kashuno posted:

Show me where exactly you expressed that.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

This happened to me as well.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Bifauxnen posted:

???

What do you mean "missing", like you got a message saying you lost some during N2?

Correct

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Same I ended up keeping blm because no one agreed with my rb plan and shot BK to kill the 3P. I have a jail that I can kill tonight

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
BK is not likely to be much more available over the weekend and claimed 3P (Survivor?), so if no better case is made...

Unless you think I'm scum for realsies, Kash! Reasonable with the poo poo quality of my work, I will be the first to admit: faking misunderstanding mechanics would be a good lie. But I'll still flip town. You fixating on me, even if it's just out of frustration, even jokingly, though does feel like "town Kash" to me? Or maybe just Kash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

You level up no matter what every night if I understand right, but for stickup to have changed jobs yesterday (lv 1) and get his night level (lv 2), he would still be one short of 3 unless his action succeeded right?

I am just trying to make sure I have my understanding down, I picked red made D1 so o just go to level 3 last night since it didn't have an action associated with it that would allow me to stay a red mage

• Locked thread