Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

I think Moat is town because he is really not being careful with his words

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Kashuno posted:

I had already made it clear I thought he was town and that he was a bad choice

how bout we go for jon joe then, now I know his lovely IS > Moat > Bif list has at least 2 town in it

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

My action failed but I leveled up an ability.

Kashuno posted:

Same I ended up keeping blm because no one agreed with my rb plan and shot BK to kill the 3P. I have a jail that I can kill tonight

Everyone should have got at least 1 level up from holding a job overnight even if you did no action. But looks like doing an action still counts for leveling up even if it fails? Kash, you're saying you still leveled up twice and you're level 5 BM now with the new ability?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

I do not think it is Moat.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Bifauxnen posted:

how bout we go for jon joe then, now I know his lovely IS > Moat > Bif list has at least 2 town in it

Everyone should have got at least 1 level up from holding a job overnight even if you did no action. But looks like doing an action still counts for leveling up even if it fails? Kash, you're saying you still leveled up twice and you're level 5 BM now with the new ability?

Correct! Action failed but was used up

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Confirming.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

peramene posted:

BK is not likely to be much more available over the weekend and claimed 3P (Survivor?), so if no better case is made...

Unless you think I'm scum for realsies, Kash! Reasonable with the poo poo quality of my work, I will be the first to admit: faking misunderstanding mechanics would be a good lie. But I'll still flip town. You fixating on me, even if it's just out of frustration, even jokingly, though does feel like "town Kash" to me? Or maybe just Kash.

Scum post right here. It's an easy push for BK and doesn't have any reads in it at all Aaaaaaa pera you're cool but you're also scum

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

chaoslord posted:

You level up no matter what every night if I understand right, but for stickup to have changed jobs yesterday (lv 1) and get his night level (lv 2), he would still be one short of 3 unless his action succeeded right?

I am just trying to make sure I have my understanding down, I picked red made D1 so o just go to level 3 last night since it didn't have an action associated with it that would allow me to stay a red mage

I mean I leveled up twice, once from attempting to use my ability and again for the day/night cycle.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

chaoslord posted:

You level up no matter what every night if I understand right, but for stickup to have changed jobs yesterday (lv 1) and get his night level (lv 2), he would still be one short of 3 unless his action succeeded right?

I am just trying to make sure I have my understanding down, I picked red made D1 so o just go to level 3 last night since it didn't have an action associated with it that would allow me to stay a red mage

huh. Why did you wanna stay red mage?

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

Scum post right here. It's an easy push for BK and doesn't have any reads in it at all Aaaaaaa pera you're cool but you're also scum

Since when does Kash think I'm anything but annoying? It's funny because you vote up there and say I'm scum down here but omg "aaaaaa pera you're cool but" is the scummiest thing I've ever seen you post dude you even lowercased my p who ARE you?

We cool though fyi but if you're town and wrong they'll turn on you next and since I think that to be the case ("yeah, yeah") I must obviously dissuade this line of thinking.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Bifauxnen posted:

huh. Why did you wanna stay red mage?

To see what level 3 would get!

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Yes, what a strong goddamn opinion this is.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Kashuno posted:

Same I ended up keeping blm because no one agreed with my rb plan and shot BK to kill the 3P. I have a jail that I can kill tonight

My guess is some players want to see what advanced abilities get. Take Kash's example, it's not a juggernaut but if you can jail and kill your target then docs can't protect them.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
I'm laughing because, right, it's suspicious as hell to actually try to accuse Kash the second he says vote me, but holy poo poo Kash if you're scum you just hosed up and I'm about to go into this therapy appointment laughing my rear end off at the possibility. Like, honestly? You're so cool? Nobody thinks that but especially not you.

If I'm wrong though dude I'm sorry I have that impression. I remember the Hugbox days. They were good days.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Aight seriously though, back in like, an hour or two.

"You're so cool." I just can't. If that's really the scumslip that does you in buddy, good hustle Kash & gg. Looks like I have another case to make later.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
btw guys i'm sorry. i am super irl depressed so i asked for a replacement.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I hear you there. Good luck :glomp:

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

chaoslord posted:

Stickup if you are level 3 scholar does that mean your action was successful last night or am I still misunderstanding how that works?

my action went off but failed due to lightning rod, I guess

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

chaoslord posted:

To see what level 3 would get!

what did you get?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

chaoslord posted:

Also I don't think a lightning rod worked because I am missing cp

I'm still really confused by this since chaos says he just sat in the Red Mage job with no action, so it's not like he was spending CP to do an old job's action or anything either. CPig seems to have mod-confirmed that everyone stayed inside last night, though?!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

My guess is some players want to see what advanced abilities get. Take Kash's example, it's not a juggernaut but if you can jail and kill your target then docs can't protect them.

but if you jail your target how do you kill them :confused: Kash is that what you meant by "I have a jail that I can kill tonight"? It didn't quite make sense to me, but maybe it does to mister Scumbo-Who-Already-Knows-What-The-Jobs-Do over here

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
moat really dug his own grave yesterday I think

I'm not sure I would have voted him if he didn't emptyvote me then flip to KB with a ridiculous excuse

then he gets all dumb and shady about claiming.
moaaaat

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Oh yeah almost forgot! Grandicap replaces anon!

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Bifauxnen posted:

I'm still really confused by this since chaos says he just sat in the Red Mage job with no action, so it's not like he was spending CP to do an old job's action or anything either. CPig seems to have mod-confirmed that everyone stayed inside last night, though?!

but if you jail your target how do you kill them :confused: Kash is that what you meant by "I have a jail that I can kill tonight"? It didn't quite make sense to me, but maybe it does to mister Scumbo-Who-Already-Knows-What-The-Jobs-Do over here

chaoslord's claim is v weird. tobbs is talking about a jail ability that gives you the option of killing the target or similar (I think)

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

this is a stickup posted:

chaoslord's claim is v weird. tobbs is talking about a jail ability that gives you the option of killing the target or similar (I think)

another person who seems strangely confident of what they're talking about despite Kash's vague grammar

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

peramene posted:

Aight seriously though, back in like, an hour or two.

"You're so cool." I just can't. If that's really the scumslip that does you in buddy, good hustle Kash & gg. Looks like I have another case to make later.

I meant you're cool irl. I attack you in a lot of games but I can't help it when you look lovely to meee

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Bifauxnen posted:

another person who seems strangely confident of what they're talking about despite Kash's vague grammar

tobbs has used this exact role before (it was me)

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Kash can you just clear up what the hell you meant about the level 5 BM ability? Does it somehow jail and kill, or does it jail OR kill, or what the gently caress

tobbs has used this exact role before (it was me)

oh, you mean in a game he ran or something? Still don't know why he'd presume that CPig made a role that works the same way in this weird setup. He seemed to be skipping ahead a bit when Kash wasn't clear.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

what did you get?

A vig. Had to wait for Cpig to get back to me and clarify if it was a day vig. It's not.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I agree, I'm just assuming that's what tobbs is basing his theory on, and it is a safe bet based on what kash has said

for reference, in tobbs' game I was a jailer that had a doc with my target each night and could execute once per game

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
more vigs :cripes:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Bifauxnen posted:

Yeah it is pretty weird. Did anyone have a successful action? I promise I won't accuse you of being the person who took my cp since I imagine after this many fails they probably just slid in with "oh yeah I failed too"

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Bifauxnen posted:

Yeah, jailors with an execute are standard in the games I used to play, and in games that I've hosted jailors could interrogate and kill their captives.

Not sure if CPig put in jaildocs because they are kind of an annoyance to set up.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Yeah, jailors with an execute are standard in the games I used to play, and in games that I've hosted jailors could interrogate and kill their captives.

Not sure if CPig put in jaildocs because they are kind of an annoyance to set up.

I gotta say that does sound like a very cool role idea. I would have way too much fun with that if I got it.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
can confirm it was waaay too much fun

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I am a replacement, I have not read the game at all. Hello!

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
who scum

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Grandicap posted:

I am a replacement, I have not read the game at all. Hello!

Welcome to ALL VIGS, ALL THE TIME

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

I meant you're cool irl. I attack you in a lot of games but I can't help it when you look lovely to meee

Oh, I know what you meant. <3

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

IllegallySober posted:

Welcome to ALL VIGS, ALL THE TIME

My job is vigless, whoever I replaced has no sense of fun or wonderment.
Who did I replace?

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
AnonymousNarcotics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
For the record, I'd like to drop the real talk sign down for a second, it would be demonstrably cruel of me to case anarc after the above reveal.

If someone who is not a manipulative shithead would please, thank you, BUT:

fwiw, my case was going to conclude regardless with "I sincerely doubt anarc rolls scum, sees a way to obtain a (TWO?) vig/s, and doesn't grab it D1 just to pop me N1 and have a little gotcha giggle between ourselves. tldr slight town read on grandi.

• Locked thread