Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

peramene posted:

just for shiggles why'd you go thief, Mith?

Because it was the only agility wind job, I anticipated wanting to go magical later, and I figured we'd have a lot of black mages (and boy did we).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

IllegallySober posted:

Has anyone claimed a job that provided a redirector at Level 1?

Yes. Moat did. Moat said Monk got a 1-shot Nexus. So passive redirection, but still.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Mine failed. I don't understand why, since that isn't normally how rod's work.

But since AR is claiming his failed too, maybe it wasn't a rod?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

King Burgundy posted:

Mine failed. I don't understand why, since that isn't normally how rod's work.

But since AR is claiming his failed too, maybe it wasn't a rod?

Or could it have been this?

Absurd Revolver posted:

oh right

so i got to pick three terrain types which equal different abilities

every night i have 1/2 a chance to jail my target, 1/4 of a chance to turn them into a lightning rod, and 1/4 of a chance to jail/lightning rod myself

I never really got how he got these odds from the 3 abilities he said he picked though. And it still doesn't explain what the hell chaos is going on about. :psyduck:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I failed all the actions.

I am "missing" my CP because I had to spend all of it to do my ability.

I was hoping to catch someone in a lie about succeeding an action or leveling up but apparently leveling up happens even on fails so that did not quite go as planned.

:ms:

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bifauxnen posted:

Or could it have been this?

Ohhhh, that makes sense. I hadn't put together that it would do both of those things.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

chaoslord posted:

but I thought you were a red mage :v:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Bifauxnen posted:

but I thought you were a red mage :v:

I am!

It is not a red mage thing.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

chaoslord posted:

I was hoping to catch someone in a lie about succeeding an action or leveling up but apparently leveling up happens even on fails so that did not quite go as planned.

Hmmm, so you were lying/gambiting.

What you are describing doesn't sound like any of the jobs the rest of us have gotten/revealed so far.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

chaoslord posted:

I am!

It is not a red mage thing.

but I thought you said you picked red mage D1 :v:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Bifauxnen posted:

but I thought you said you picked red mage D1 :v:

I did! I picked red mage D1 and have remained a red mage the whole time. Don't have any cp to switch after using my ability so I'm stuck with it til the next event minimum

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

King Burgundy posted:

Hmmm, so you were lying/gambiting.

What you are describing doesn't sound like any of the jobs the rest of us have gotten/revealed so far.

Its independent of any job, just to be clear

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I was sitting here going oh he must be the rod, that's why he's waiting

but uh, you're now claiming that you have an ability not related to your job? cause if so, I have something to tell you about town members and abilities

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Gonna call my shot with my vig, gonna shoot bottleknight probably. Pig mentioned other alignments in ff1 and ff2 op but none here. Know that isn't rock solid or anything so not confident enough to build a case but pera says he isn't probably going to be around much and at best an apathetic 3p at end of game sounds bad so just gonna take care of that

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

this is a stickup posted:

but uh, you're now claiming that you have an ability not related to your job? cause if so, I have something to tell you about town members and abilities

:shrug: vote your conscience, but I am town that has an ability outside of my job

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
why do you have said ability?

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

IllegallySober posted:

Has anyone claimed a job that provided a redirector at Level 1?

Not that I know of, but without access to a database of what every got dang job does who the gently caress knows. Maybe we had a third thief. Idk

##vote chaoslord

This kinda feeks lovely of me since I literally made the exact same sort of rules-mistake myself a smidge ago but this was a protracted campaign over the course of a pretty big while that got pretty confrontational and I'm willing to put my vote on it.

Scum should lurk like hell in this game and you kinda have been. You have just enough posts that you're involved. ScumCL comes out and tries to figure out what went wrong with the plan last night, feigns a rule mistake we've been over - Mr. "Someone's Not Reading the Thread" - and then waffles back and forth between... lies? Fake claims? At the very least you have a non-Freelancer starting role and ya oughta go ahead and fess up to that.

chaoslord posted:

Gonna call my shot with my vig, gonna shoot bottleknight probably. Pig mentioned other alignments in ff1 and ff2 op but none here. Know that isn't rock solid or anything so not confident enough to build a case but pera says he isn't probably going to be around much and at best an apathetic 3p at end of game sounds bad so just gonna take care of that

"I'm gonna shoot the one person pera suggested lynching as a last resort who isn't gonna be around and definitely isn't town without any idea what the consequences of allowing me to do that might be but might be, but at least he's an agreeable target to take pressure off of me."

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

It was in my role PM. Ask Cpig past that

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CapitalistPig posted:

Every player in the game will begin as a freelancer with no abilities (Other than some possible power roles relating to Capacity Points)

I mean, I guess this says its possible for there to be some other things, but my take on this is that they would do something with capacity points. Like maybe a capacity point cop or something. What Chaos is describing doesn't seem to fit? But maybe I am misinterpreting the above?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

peramene posted:

"I'm gonna shoot the one person pera suggested lynching as a last resort who isn't gonna be around and definitely isn't town without any idea what the consequences of allowing me to do that might be but might be, but at least he's an agreeable target to take pressure off of me."

chaoslord posted:

People I would vote today:

*Bottleknight
*Tobbs

Vigging BK isn't going to take pressure off me but a worthless survivor does not need to see the end of the game. I am a fine Setup Spec vote but this is a long, bad case to try to hide that point.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Awww, KB I was kinda hoping to sit on this a bit longer, to see how hard people tried to push it and possibly frameup Chaos :v:

but since you've already quoted that one relevant bit, I saw one other sentence in the OP that seems to relate:

CapitalistPig posted:

The only Stat that any player will have is Capacity Points which will be used to purchase jobs when they become available and there are also other things that may be done with capacity for some people.

Every player in the game will begin as a freelancer with no abilities (Other than some possible power roles relating to Capacity Points)

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

peramene posted:

Not that I know of, but without access to a database of what every got dang job does who the gently caress knows. Maybe we had a third thief. Idk

##vote chaoslord

This kinda feeks lovely of me since I literally made the exact same sort of rules-mistake myself a smidge ago but this was a protracted campaign over the course of a pretty big while that got pretty confrontational and I'm willing to put my vote on it.

Scum should lurk like hell in this game and you kinda have been. You have just enough posts that you're involved. ScumCL comes out and tries to figure out what went wrong with the plan last night, feigns a rule mistake we've been over - Mr. "Someone's Not Reading the Thread" - and then waffles back and forth between... lies? Fake claims? At the very least you have a non-Freelancer starting role and ya oughta go ahead and fess up to that.

I don't even

what rule mistake did cl make? I absolutely buy his reason for waiting to reveal and I figured the same thing out before he did so, and he's pretty clearly said he has an ability not connected to any job, or in other words, would have started as a freelancer. there is no reason for him to claim it before this point, and he was correct - a lightning rod would not have gone off.

quote:

his plan is objectively better than yours. what consequences are you even talking about? do you think lynching him would have different consequences or be better in any way? and in what way does this take pressure off of him except guaranteeing he doesn't guess wrong and hit town?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

King Burgundy posted:

I mean, I guess this says its possible for there to be some other things, but my take on this is that they would do something with capacity points. Like maybe a capacity point cop or something. What Chaos is describing doesn't seem to fit? But maybe I am misinterpreting the above?

a power role that uses cp fits it exactly. I also buy it as a town power because his role stopped all scum kills dead.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bifauxnen posted:

Awww, KB I was kinda hoping to sit on this a bit longer, to see how hard people tried to push it and possibly frameup Chaos :v:

but since you've already quoted that one relevant bit, I saw one other sentence in the OP that seems to relate:

Yeah, I guess combined that checks out pretty well. I must have just misinterpreted that one bit.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

his plan is objectively better than yours. what consequences are you even talking about? do you think lynching BK would have different consequences or be better in any way?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

:confused:

stickup, what were you getting at here cause all of 15 minutes ago you seemed to be really trying to hint that Chaos claiming this was super scummy, and now I am getting whiplash reading your current posts

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

FWIW, I don't think we can rely on someone shooting BK. Since Mithross apparently targeted BK and got nexus'd to MrF or whatever. He may very well have another.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

what rule mistake did cl make?

chaoslord posted:

But he still claimed to receive a PM from CPig saying:

Bifauxnen posted:

What do you mean "missing", like you got a message saying you lost some during N2?

his plan is objectively better than yours. what consequences are you even talking about? do you think lynching him would have different consequences or be better in any way? and in what way does this take pressure off of him except guaranteeing he doesn't guess wrong and hit town?

weird poo poo going on with say: redirections, protections, something to do with an ability BK could use slipping CPig a pm while otherwise lurking, any possible number of things. I have no loving idea what could happen during the next night phase except that I know there are unknown unknowns, to so confidently say "yeah, I'll shoot BK" screams otherwise to me. Just LOOK at the poo poo AR's claiming he has to put up with in his role, like there is absolutely no guarantee his shot is going to hit BK.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Back to this real quick

peramene posted:

feigns a rule mistake we've been over

did someone on D2 come in say they were roleblocked but still double leveled? I don't remember that but TBF I skimmed a lot of d2 from being on the road

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Bifauxnen posted:

:confused:

stickup, what were you getting at here cause all of 15 minutes ago you seemed to be really trying to hint that Chaos claiming this was super scummy, and now I am getting whiplash reading your current posts

I wanted to see what chaos would say. I would imagine that scum also have power roles and roleblock isn't indicative of alignment, but in this game where scum have a potential large amount of NKs, a mass rb could be a game changing town ability. not so much if it were a scum ability

I feel like a lot of my replies are calling people scum in a sassy manner. you should know :v:

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

chaoslord posted:

Back to this real quick

did someone on D2 come in say they were roleblocked but still double leveled? I don't remember that but TBF I skimmed a lot of d2 from being on the road

Yes, people have claimed they failed their action, but it was still used up and they still got a skill level for it

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

peramene posted:

Yes. That was sort of bending. My result PM did say I have 0 cp left, but that was a function of my ability costing All of my points.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I wanted to see what chaos would say. I would imagine that scum also have power roles and roleblock isn't indicative of alignment, but in this game where scum have a potential large amount of NKs, a mass rb could be a game changing town ability. not so much if it were a scum ability

I feel like a lot of my replies are calling people scum in a sassy manner. you should know :v:

ok it was just weird cause like 1 minute you're all interrogating CLfor being super scummy, then next you're peramene for besmirtching CL's super-townie name. I'm a little disoriented here with all the fakeclaiming and realclaiming going on

also you seemed to believe that CL's ability was the one that stopped everybody's actions, but did he actually claim that? I still thought it was just AR's "jail AND lightning rod myself" thing going off

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Mithross posted:

Yes, people have claimed they failed their action, but it was still used up and they still got a skill level for it

Do you happen to remember who did it d2? Want to go read their posts but on mobile and :effort:

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

peramene posted:

you think that cpig sending him a pm telling him his cp went down is scummy? I got one when I switched jobs

quote:

weird poo poo going on with say: redirections, protections, something to do with an ability BK could use slipping CPig a pm while otherwise lurking, any possible number of things. I have no loving idea what could happen during the next night phase except that I know there are unknown unknowns, to so confidently say "yeah, I'll shoot BK" screams otherwise to me. Just LOOK at the poo poo AR's claiming he has to put up with in his role, like there is absolutely no guarantee his shot is going to hit BK.

King Burgundy posted:

FWIW, I don't think we can rely on someone shooting BK. Since Mithross apparently targeted BK and got nexus'd to MrF or whatever. He may very well have another.

ar doesn't have a role that we know of. he has a convoluted job. the black mage is also a job, but just a simple vig. I'd imagine red mage is the same given the way he's talked about it.

unless you have knowledge of bk's role, which it sure sounds like you do, do we have any reason at all to believe bk is a nexus? this is wild speculation.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bifauxnen posted:

ok it was just weird cause like 1 minute you're all interrogating CLfor being super scummy, then next you're peramene for besmirtching CL's super-townie name. I'm a little disoriented here with all the fakeclaiming and realclaiming going on

also you seemed to believe that CL's ability was the one that stopped everybody's actions, but did he actually claim that? I still thought it was just AR's "jail AND lightning rod myself" thing going off

He claimed it.

chaoslord posted:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Bifauxnen posted:

chaoslord posted:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

King Burgundy posted:

He claimed it.

aaaaaaah thanks now I got it

I thought it was like self deprecation at his failed spreadsheet gambit :v:

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Bifauxnen posted:

ar said his action failed, cl's ability is a mass roleblock, so yeah

I thought cl was going to claim rod and was looking for any thief successful in stealing from him to determine how many there were or something vOv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

you think that cpig sending him a pm telling him his cp went down is scummy? I got one when I switched jobs

ar doesn't have a role that we know of. he has a convoluted job. the black mage is also a job, but just a simple vig. I'd imagine red mage is the same given the way he's talked about it.

unless you have knowledge of bk's role, which it sure sounds like you do, do we have any reason at all to believe bk is a nexus? this is wild speculation.

Sorry, I've been using role/job interchangeably this game since I wasn't thinking about potential people like chaos with actual roles.

I have knowledge gained from this day phase which you have theoretically also been reading. :) We've only had two people claim getting CP taken from them. And two thieves claimed. One of those thieves, Mithross, claimed to target BK, a person who hasn't claimed getting stolen from. Moat said monk got Nexus.

Do you really consider this wild speculation? 2+2=?

• Locked thread