Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
this Ngannou dude must be hyped up pretty good, i've never seen or heard of him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
hes good. i personally think those odds arent too unreasonable

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Skip My Posts posted:

this Ngannou dude must be hyped up pretty good, i've never seen or heard of him

He's a french striker that has pretty much made all of his opponents looks like they dont belong in the cage with him. His last fight was his first against a HW wrestler of sorts. He got pushed against the cage early then just loving ripped the dude's grip apart and nearly broke his arm with a nasty kimura. After the fight he said he had never actually trained that and his coaches were just showing it to him backstage as a method to just break the guy's grip when he clasped his hands.

Arlovski is old and busted.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

manyak posted:

its Heavyweight

That's reason enough.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
i mean we've certainly never seen a touted heavyweight prospect who has demolished a bunch of schlubs get embarrassed by a veteran and turn out to be not as good as fighting Brett 'The Assassin' Smith made him look before

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Maybe, but on the other hand, hes really good.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
i'll have to check out some of his fights

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Skip My Posts posted:

i'll have to check out some of his fights

Here's his debut:

https://www.ufc.tv/video/francis-ngannou-vs-luis-henrique-ufc-fight-night

Here are his remaining three fights:
https://www.ufc.tv/video/francis-ngannou-vs-curtis-blaydes-ufc-fight-night
https://www.ufc.tv/video/francis-ngannou-vs-bojan-mihajlovic-ufc-on-fox-20
https://www.ufc.tv/video/francis-ngannou-vs-anthony-hamilton-ufc-fight-night-lewis-vs-abdurakhimov

I'm rewatching them now as well.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
he might starch arlovski but those odds look pretty nice

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Any pro pics tomorrow? I went 0-4 tonight but I was cheaply betting the underdogs on a lark.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Captain Log posted:

Any pro pics tomorrow? I went 0-4 tonight but I was cheaply betting the underdogs on a lark.

Nobody should ever listen to me on the subject of betting but I'm on assuncao as the slight favorite against Stirling, Nate marquardt to beat Alvey as a bigger underdog than Stirling, and Arlovski to beat the young upstart.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Marching Powder posted:

Nobody should ever listen to me on the subject of betting but I'm on assuncao as the slight favorite against Stirling, Nate marquardt to beat Alvey as a bigger underdog than Stirling, and Arlovski to beat the young upstart.

I'll look at the lines tomorrow. I use Bovada because of American Football but their MMA lines always seem a bit stingy.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

the uppercut against henrique looks like he's punching the guy's skin off his head

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

the uppercut against henrique looks like he's punching the guy's skin off his head

That poo poo was insane live.

Ngannou is definitely still very green. He's been training around the same amount of time as Mickey Gall, but he's made big strides in his first year in the UFC.

Arlovski is the first time he's fighting someone with a lot of striking experience. Most of the guys he's fought so far have been grapplers or wrestlers and he's just wrecked their poo poo. If the pitbull stays disciplined and can dart in and out of Ngannou's range, he might be able to get a KO. However this is the first time Francis has fought a guy where he could kick with impunity without the threat of takedown. I think Arlovski is going to get kicked really loving hard a few times than knocked clean out.

EDIT: Note that I am a moron and frequently wrong so Arlovski by KO is still very possible.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Jan 28, 2017

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

So I went 0-4 last night on bets.

Tonight I picked Al-Jo, Marquardt, Bruce Leeroy, and Arvloski.

(Holy gently caress, Arvloski please redeem this run.)

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
couldnt say no to those odds on andrei

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
lol

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
It was the most likely outcome by far but still lol

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

It feels good to be right.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Marching Powder posted:

It was the most likely outcome by far but still lol

when he swung that first overhand right past the back of andrei's head i knew my bet was hosed lmao

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
he's got reach and power that's for sure

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

WELP Andrei did his party trick and I've picked eight fights in a row wrong.

(Looks at a betting slip that says Chael Sonnen)

Nine in a row wrong.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
Argh dangit

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Captain Log posted:

WELP Andrei did his party trick and I've picked eight fights in a row wrong.

(Looks at a betting slip that says Chael Sonnen)

Nine in a row wrong.

I had a 7 straight loss cold streak a few months ago and just stepped away for a while once I broke it. Then I jumped back in with the great idea of taking the over 1.5 rounds on Sage Northcutt/Mickey Gall, lol

When Jason Gonzalez was talking about wanting a rematch with Drew Dober in the early prelims I felt really tempted to jump back in again for the first time since then (I went 4/4 on bets including a 3-fight parlay including that fight on UFC 203). I'm glad I held off for now because taking the odds on Arlovski was the only thing that sounded good to me for tonight's card.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
i think the last bet i won was Stipe over Werdum lmao

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Ramos broke my losing streak! Is nine wrong picks in a row the record here?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I picked Herrig, Zombie, Not OSP, Ramos, and loving Abel Truli-whatever.

Good night for picks but my parlay got busted by the person who wasn't an underdog. gently caress it, I'll take 4/5.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
5k on Germaine De Randaime or how ever the gently caress you spell it and 5k on Derek Brunson

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

jase1 posted:

5k on Germaine De Randaime or how ever the gently caress you spell it and 5k on Derek Brunson

*easy rider music*

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Was gonna say Brunsons probably an alright bet but i saw hes like -150 so i dont know how much value there is there, as for the womens fight i have no opinion, good luck Jase and god bless

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Hard to judge in his current form but Silva is a classic counter fighter and is basically the perfect foil for Brunson's aggressive style. If Silva shows up tonight I feel he's a really decent bet.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Le Saboteur posted:

Hard to judge in his current form but Silva is a classic counter fighter and is basically the perfect foil for Brunson's aggressive style. If Silva shows up tonight I feel he's a really decent bet.

Yah definitely. I figured Brunson would be like a +150 underdog and you could just bet hoping Silva wont show up, but as a favorite idk

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Ive got Silva, Miller, Cannonier, Boestch, and Japan.

If one of these dog bets goes through I'll probably take Der Germaine Lady.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
silva as an underdog seems ridiculous .. its not like his short notice lhw loss to cormier really showed anything and he looked real good vs bisping, the current middleweight champ.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

there's actually several live dogs here.

got bets on miller, lentz, silva, boetsch and holm

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
good luck gentlemen

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Marching Powder posted:

there's actually several live dogs here

For real. Bet them all and one hitting will cover. Kinda.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
Losing just the vig. I'll take it.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Captain Log posted:

Ive got Silva, Miller, Cannonier, Boestch, and Japan.

If one of these dog bets goes through I'll probably take Der Germaine Lady.

A good night to bet enough on Anderson to cover the stupid but live underdog bets. I expected more from Cannonier. The Black Jewish Alaskan who walks out to AC/DC and works full time as a FAA Flight Technician.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

I just put a hundred on weidman as the 2:1 dog against mousasi.