Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I'm always torn whether to go with the spectacles or the hood from the Cat Gear (one cancels the other out), a problem I hope to resolve in New Game + when I get to it by switching from the backstab dance to the bomb toss with either Wolven or Manticore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Bicyclops posted:

I'm always torn whether to go with the spectacles or the hood from the Cat Gear (one cancels the other out), a problem I hope to resolve in New Game + when I get to it by switching from the backstab dance to the bomb toss with either Wolven or Manticore.

Yeah, the correct answer is to wear Manticore and dye it pink.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Hobo Clown posted:

Somewhere at the party is a hidden Cow Gwent card, which is actually pretty decent.

It's in the barn's attic. A strength 0 card that summons a strength 8 fiend when it goes to the graveyard. You can play it on round 1 and the fiend will come out at the start of round 2.

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

I'm on my NG+ playthrough. I was disappointed that I the B&W laurels didn't roll over, but I do get to wear the autistic transition lenses. Anything to keep that grandmaster school of the cat hood down.

Bicyclops posted:

There's a mod to keep the cat gear hood down. No link on me but it's easy to find via Google.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Considering the roles the likes of Letho got in W3, even if they had to kill their original plans, it really shouldn't have been hard to fit in time to make a quest where you run into him and kill some Witch Hunters hounding his Scoia'tael before going back to him if you did that to ask him to help with the Wild Hunt. Even if they can't add a big plot for him, they could probably have invented a small thing easy.

f

u

:)

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
You guys should give him a job.

Also is Witcher 2 best with a controller or keyboard? Also any mods other than that combat patch CDPR put out?

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
Really good article on Eurogamer today about Doug Cockle and his role as Geralt.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-01-27-the-voice-behind-the-witcher

quote:

"I didn't know Witcher 2 was even happening until one of my actor friends said, 'I went and auditioned for this game the other day, Witcher 2, didn't you do Witcher 1?'

"I said 'Yeah, who did you audition for - was there a particular character?'

"He said 'Yeah, Geralt, didn't you play Geralt?'

"I said 'Yeah, I did!'

"Oh it felt rubbish!" he says, to know they were casting but he hadn't been called. What on earth had he done wrong?

But an actor is nothing if not tenacious, so he brings up Borys' number on his phone and sends him a message, plays it cool, says he's heard there are castings and could he come in. And Borys replies.

"What happened," he says, "is between The Witcher 1 and The Witcher 2, CD Projekt decided that they wanted to completely shake it up. They were pleased with how Witcher 1 had done but they wanted to recast everything, go with a different voice production studio. I don't know why; their reasons were their own. But that's what they decided to do."

Borys apologises and goes to see the new voice director for The Witcher 2, Kate Saxon, and mentions Doug Cockle. "And the story is that they went back and listened to some of the recordings from Witcher 1, and Kate went 'Actually he's really good - that's a good voice for Geralt. If you're happy to bring him back I think we should just do that.'

"It was almost an accident that I ended up doing all of Geralt in all three games."

There's lots of other interesting bits in there too. Worth reading.

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch
Why is it I can get 4 sockets on master wolven trousers but on 2 on the Grandmaster set?

In other news, if you can't play this with a steam controller you're literally being beaten my my 3 yr old

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

I don't think I would have recast Doug Cockle based off Witcher 1. Glad they did though.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

I don't think I would have recast Doug Cockle based off Witcher 1. Glad they did though.

Yeah, I can absolutely see why they wanted a clean break in general, but I'm really glad they went this route in the end. I remember thinking how much better Geralt's voice acting was in Witcher 2 at the time, and it's better again in Witcher 3. Fits in to what Cockle says about getting more comfortable in the role.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Jerusalem posted:

I completed New Game+ (main game) still using the Aerondight I'd grabbed on my initial playthrough of Blood & Wine, it's kinda crazy how well it holds up against the much higher level weapons you get in NG+

For me I kept falling behind in the leveling of it, so i kinda tossed it aside and just remade witcher swords. I also just personally like using different weapons a lot.

If you do not keep it current, it rapidly falls behind many other swords in normal damage. However when its charged its still better than drat near anything. A charged Aerondight with Whirl is the EZ Mode win button.

Since I just have more fun doing strong attacks and such, the Ursine swords work better for me, combined with the Adrenaline Rush mutation and other strong attack boosting skills, i often kill dudes in 2-3 blows so its annoying trying to level up Aerondight.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Shannow posted:

Why is it I can get 4 sockets on master wolven trousers but on 2 on the Grandmaster set?

In other news, if you can't play this with a steam controller you're literally being beaten my my 3 yr old

Letting your three year old play a game where you decapitate naked vampire ladies is something you may want to keep on the DL before some SJW freaks out and calls CPS.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Too many acronyms!

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Fuzz posted:

Letting your three year old play a game where you decapitate naked vampire ladies is something you may want to keep on the DL before some SJW freaks out and calls CPS.

Fortunately, that's not a concern in the real world.

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch

Fuzz posted:

Gotta learn someday.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Did your three year old pick Yenn or Triss?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
I'm the moldy pillow.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Hobo Clown posted:

Did your three year old pick Yenn or Triss?

Also how do they feel about unicorns?

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Dr Cheeto posted:

Also how do they feel about unicorns?

:golfclap:

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

redbackground posted:

I'm the moldy pillow.

That looks like a heavily used cutting board.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
I'm the dirty plate left on the sofa to the right.

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Tell your friends we're coming for them

I replayed the spotted wight mission and I still think soup time is just the best thing in the whole game :allears:

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

skoolmunkee posted:

I replayed the spotted wight mission and I still think soup time is just the best thing in the whole game :allears:

I somehow picked the two wrong options first, ugh.

Did anyone else pick up on Gaunter O'Dimm being the curse caster?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Rygar201 posted:

Did anyone else pick up on Gaunter O'Dimm being the curse caster?

His theme does play when Geralt discusses the curse with Barnabas-Basil, and the curse has three parts, but I don't really know what his play there would be. The guy only really cares about collecting human souls, how would this put him ahead?

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

WoodrowSkillson posted:

For me I kept falling behind in the leveling of it, so i kinda tossed it aside and just remade witcher swords. I also just personally like using different weapons a lot.

If you do not keep it current, it rapidly falls behind many other swords in normal damage. However when its charged its still better than drat near anything. A charged Aerondight with Whirl is the EZ Mode win button.

Since I just have more fun doing strong attacks and such, the Ursine swords work better for me, combined with the Adrenaline Rush mutation and other strong attack boosting skills, i often kill dudes in 2-3 blows so its annoying trying to level up Aerondight.

I caught up and added 200 points of damage by killing sand crabs that infinitely spawn in a certain area toward the end of the main quest line.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

I caught up and added 200 points of damage by killing sand crabs that infinitely spawn in a certain area toward the end of the main quest line.
Well don't just leave us hanging!

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Dr Cheeto posted:

His theme does play when Geralt discusses the curse with Barnabas-Basil, and the curse has three parts, but I don't really know what his play there would be. The guy only really cares about collecting human souls, how would this put him ahead?

One of the writings in the house says the beggar sold mirrors too. Maybe he wanted to use the dinner to look for a mark and opted to extravagantly or punish Marlene after her refusal? He murdered the poo poo out of the guy in the Oxenfurt tavern for less

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Well don't just leave us hanging!

The first portal you go through with Avallach, which is the desert planet. Just keep spamming quen and don't accidentally fall through the portal.

Obviously only possible if you are on NG+ or if you somehow finished B&W before the main questline in your first playthrough.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Well, if Triss is good enough for Doug, she's good enough for Geralt. I wish I'd known he was in Reign of Fire. I watched it by coincidence last night and I might have paid more attention otherwise.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Octy posted:

Well, if Triss is good enough for Doug, she's good enough for Geralt. I wish I'd known he was in Reign of Fire. I watched it by coincidence last night and I might have paid more attention otherwise.

He's also the badass priest in Band of Brothers during the attack on Carentan

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Dr Cheeto posted:

he's a dickhead

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Really annoyed I listened to goons and got the Steam controller. Did the stupid race in the tournament thing literally 15 times and struggling every drat time to hit anything with the sensitivity being all over the goddamn place every single time I went into aim mode.

Swapped back to my PS4 controller, finished it on the first try without much trouble. :smithicide:

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Octy posted:

Well, if Triss is good enough for Doug, she's good enough for Geralt.

I have no idea what you're talking abotu here. Who's Doug, and why would Triss be with him?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Drifter posted:

I have no idea what you're talking abotu here. Who's Doug, and why would Triss be with him?

Doug Cockle, Geralt's English voice actor.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Arcsquad12 posted:

Doug Cockle, Geralt's English voice actor.

And why would Trisss be good enough for doug? Are the two Voice Actors married or something?

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Drifter posted:

And why would Trisss be good enough for doug? Are the two Voice Actors married or something?

They're talking about the interview with Doug Cockle, the voice actor for Geralt, that was posted a whole page ago. He mentions that while he isn't very good, he was able to play through the game and get the ending he wanted, and that it was with Triss. Also that he's read the books, and totally reads the Geralt parts in character.

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:

Dr Cheeto posted:

If you didn't catch his spiel at the crossroads, Gaunter is fascinated by human nature e.g debts of gratitude and the witcher mutations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I thought I might go back and tidy up the outstanding achievements left from my Witcher 2 game, and thought I'd give the Insanity difficulty a go.

A couple hours later, I am abandoning my plans for giving the Insanity difficulty a go :sweatdrop:

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Fuzz posted:

Really annoyed I listened to goons and got the Steam controller. Did the stupid race in the tournament thing literally 15 times and struggling every drat time to hit anything with the sensitivity being all over the goddamn place every single time I went into aim mode.

Swapped back to my PS4 controller, finished it on the first try without much trouble. :smithicide:

What config did you use for the controller? You generally want it to be on Mouse Joystick for this kind of game, with the ingame sensitivity set to max. Aiming with the crossbow would probably be best on gyro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
Lol people were complaining about fall damage? What were y'all playing it version 1.01 or something where you couldn't fall a foot without losing half your life?