Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

radd posted:

In other news, Elite:Dangerous delivers the Constellation with P52 snub fighter before CIG, even though it was never within the original scope of E:D.

http://i.imgur.com/GRHxG0t.gifv

whoa!! I missed that! Do you have a link to the YT vid?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

D_Smart posted:

whoa!! I missed that! Do you have a link to the YT vid?

Ship Launched Fighters have been in Elite since an update late last year. It is a good video angle tbh

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Quavers posted:

Ship Launched Fighters have been in Elite since an update late last year. It is a good video angle tbh

Yeah, I know that. I just wanted to see the full video.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

TheAgent posted:

today's the day!

enjoy the fallout

moma is probably asleep right now but hopefully his meltdown is good

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

TheAgent posted:

today's the day!

enjoy the fallout

Sellafield finally shat itself?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
It's true. Derek is pretty chill one on one. I've never met the guy in person but I would definitely have a beer with him.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Cao Ni Ma posted:

moma is probably asleep right now but hopefully his meltdown is good

His shift doesn't start for another two and a half hours.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

I enjoyed momas post about how refunds don't have to happen legally, they just do it to be nice.

Post more like that moma, it was hilarious.

Also still waiting for you to show what work crobber actually did on Freelancer.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Please explain

Fridays are the best day to deliver bad news.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Well yea we know the schedule report comes out every Friday. Remember literally ten minutes before the Christmas stream they sent out an email saying they scrapped the SQ42 slice lol.

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/369610/will-being-a-house-maid-be-a-viable-position-or-does-it-fall-into-doing-dishes

Immersion level: space sweeping

god drat these are some brokebrained individuals

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

They deserve what they're going to get (nothing).

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

Subsumption routines were said to be a few kilobytes heavy. They put the example that a cassette run in a commodore could manage all of the NPCs in star citizen.

Although at this point in time he's probably technically correct, a floppy disk can handle all the AI currently in SC.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5qejbq/do_you_realize_what_scs_ai_can_achieve/

quote:

You are flying your ship around the 'verse, doing whatever in no man's land, when you happen to missclic your left mouse button, and fire a round. Well who cares.

A couple thousand meters from that, a starfarer driven only by NPCs gets hit by your shot without you even realizing. Suddenly, a lot of things happen in a very short time: NPCs who were sleeping in their cot get up rushing their way to the elevator, maintenance staff leaves the common hall and goes to their cabinet to grab some tools to try and repare a gas breach in the second floor. Orders are being given from the bridge to the different teams as NPC engineers coordinate to focus the shield in your general direction. The gunner team gets in their positions by this time and engage fire against a surprised you.

Several other events and microevents take place in such a short period of time that you couldn't acknowledge all of them even if you had the time, the means and the will to do so.

And from the distance, you can only see a firing grey dot which isn't filled with anything but with non playing characters being managed by the computer in the background. You wouldn't have realized their existence if your paths hadn't crossed. Heck, they may as well don't exist, maybe the grey dot is just an entire single entity following prewritten simple behavior (returnfire=true) and that's all of it. But they do exist. Every single NPC did the correct thing needed in order to drive the starfarer and make it blow your ship back.

This is what Star Citizen subsumption is being worked to be eventually. So, don't blame them if they take a little time. Personally I've never seen anything of the like in any other videogame.

We have the advantage of time. Don't make a weakness out of it.

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!

First the maid post in RSI, now this one... we are definitely being trolled folks.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I hope so.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

code:
if (Bullet.owner==player)
Ship.status.combat = ENEMY;
Wow. Such AI. So skynet.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

TheAgent posted:

today's the day!

enjoy the fallout

Well, today is holocaust remembrance day. Is that it?

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

happyhippy posted:

code:
if (Bullet.owner==player)
Ship.status.combat = ENEMY;
Wow. Such AI. So skynet.

Are you going to publish that somewhere or can I steal your valor?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
Incoming...

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/824977658907869185

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

starkebn posted:

Are you going to publish that somewhere or can I steal your valor?

Dude, thats like 8 months of CIG crunch coding right there.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Why don't you just say what it is so you can be right instead of the ominous stuff.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

If I were CIG, I'd be documenting all of these ~dreams posts that have been made over the years. When they go to sell their backer list to the highest bidder, posts like these will be a fantastic representation of how stupid and gullible these people are.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I bet a big reason they never release financials is because their backer contact list is worth millions on their asset sheet.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Chalks posted:

I like that this guy clearly really wants to dig up some dirt on Derek so he's done all sorts of insane research but he can't find a single thing and is desperately resorting to "Hired a secretary" and "Owns a house" as if they were terrible slurs against his good name.

This guy is completely batshit.

The running story with the Tribe of Extra Chromosomes is that Derek has gone bankrupt and that he has a house in foreclosure. ELE on this time it's for Derek.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

DapperDon posted:

The running story with the Tribe of Extra Chromosomes is that Derek has gone bankrupt and that he has a house in foreclosure. ELE on this time it's for Derek.

:grin:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Dubai is so passe'.

Brno is where things happen.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Colostomy Bag posted:

Dubai is so passe'.

Brno is where things happen.

LOL!! I totally see what you did there :grin:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Even in the vast emptiness of space (marooned on this small planet) its still possible to shoot once and somehow hit another ship.

(We're going to rock civilisation)

Even still, these spergs come up with a lot of words and theorycrafting.

But I guess its boring to say "THE SHIP YOU HIT HAD SHIELDS, WHICH ABSORBED THE BLOW."

-The crew continued T-posing and bugging out in piece until arriving at their destination, bacjwards and warped inside out, before causing large sections of the docking yard to split away from the main body and float away, never to be used again.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I'm burned out on wish fulfillment. Spergs have asked for so many things so many times that it's all melded into one giant incomprehensible pile of insanity.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Turns out that our dumb little twitter friend got it from where else but /r/ds because of course they'd Archer a derek meme.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

DapperDon posted:

Christ, clearly having not learned from ilovecreamsodas journey into one step too far they're going to start falsely claiming things about Derek's financial status so they too can get kicked in the rear end and look stupid.

Seriously, if there's any of these crazy stalkers lurking right now for the love of god stick to archiving his twitter, stop trying to snuff out a bonfire flame with your rear end cheeks you stupid, gormless idiots.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

You should know that being near DC with the FBI reports during the election.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Christ, clearly having not learned from ilovecreamsodas journey into one step too far they're going to start falsely claiming things about Derek's financial status so they too can get kicked in the rear end and look stupid.

Seriously, if there's any of these crazy stalkers lurking right now for the love of god stick to archiving his twitter, stop trying to snuff out a bonfire flame with your rear end cheeks you stupid, gormless idiots.

While I admire your avatar, I have to disagree with what you're saying. These spergs absolutely need to charge headfirst into battle naked and unarmed against the Warlord.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

Sunswipe posted:

While I admire your avatar, I have to disagree with what you're saying. These spergs absolutely need to charge headfirst into battle naked and unarmed against the Warlord.

:same:

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Sunswipe posted:

:same:

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

:hfive:

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMD-t1OjGys&t=413s

Did you hear that, guys? They're "basically cresting the hill with regards to the initial tier of architectural functionality"! They're pretty much done!

:catstare:

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

cool new Polack jokes posted:

They're pretty much done!
No, it means it's only downhill from there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

cool new Polack jokes posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMD-t1OjGys&t=413s

Did you hear that, guys? They're "basically cresting the hill with regards to the initial tier of architectural functionality"! They're pretty much done!

:catstare:

Cultists have been saying this exact thing for 2 years straight now. Croberts is apparently cresting Mount Everest in a wheelchair.