Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

still havent played civ 6, been too slammed. I was gonna wait for an expansion then get into it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

subterfudge
Aug 5, 2015
There's a kickstarter for an Apocalypse Now game which has some people from the original movie as well as people from Obsidian.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fringerider/apocalypse-now-the-game?token=de26c952

Supposed to be a survival horror RPG where your mental state affects your senses and you can do acid.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Anyone do the Diablo 3 new diablo 1 dungeon or whatever? Should I bother? I beat the game but that's it

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

oh i finished titanfall 2 it loving owns

can't really get into battlefield 1 though it's just not really my style getting bullshit noscoped from across the map by 10 year olds

that was pretty much why i stopped playing halo online back when reach was the new hotness

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Yeah Battlefield 1 wasn't my thing at all. Way too waiting to spawn, walking for a minute, getting sniped

I know that's every FPS but it's horrendous in BF1

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Anybody play the new Resident Evil?

Just polished off the demo tonight and bought the full PC version from cdkeys for $38. It's one of those rare instances where's there's a nice, detailed free demo with unique content to sell you on the full game.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Operations on BF1 owns.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Dirt 4 was announced this morning. The game will be going back to the Dirt 2/3 theme and will have Dirt Rally's physics modeling as an option.

Phone posting so I can't link the trailer or articles.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

holocaust bloopers posted:

Dirt 4 was announced this morning. The game will be going back to the Dirt 2/3 theme and will have Dirt Rally's physics modeling as an option.

Phone posting so I can't link the trailer or articles.

Oh poo poo I loved Dirt 2. The 3rd game was a little too GYMKHANA but I'm excited. I wish I had more time and patience for Rally because I like it so much, but I gots other games to play. Using the power of my 1080, I been playing Payday 2 and DUCK GAME.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Booo. Those two sucked rear end.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Two Finger posted:

can't really get into battlefield 1 though it's just not really my style getting bullshit noscoped from across the map by 10 year olds

that was pretty much why i stopped playing halo online back when reach was the new hotness

Multiplayer is way better in TF2 as well, even if I still get my poo poo pushed in on most games during primetime.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Played the poo poo out of Dirt 3. Gymkhana was meh, but it was fun to play with the physics.

Very happy.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Dirt 2 was pretty solid but yeah they both had too "much grande bro!" poo poo

I stopped playing 3 because I couldn't get past this gymkhana drift part

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Jan 27, 2017

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Dirt 2 was pretty solid but yeah they both had too "much grande bro!" poo poo

I stopped playing 3 because I couldn't get passed this gymkhana drift part

I really, realllllyyy, hated the Gymkhana poo poo in Dirt 3

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

CommieGIR posted:

I really, realllllyyy, hated the Gymkhana poo poo in Dirt 3

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Yeah it should have been optional--pretty sure it wasn't for progression. That aside, dirt 3 was pretty solid and arcadey enough for me

Thankfully I think that whole drifting ken block whatever fad is more or less gone..?

Unlike the newest Dirt I think Dirt 3 actually had decent MP too

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

[HOONIGAN] LET'S GO HOONIN Y'ALL #HOONMYBALLS

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Two Finger posted:

Titanfall 2 multiplayer is more or less the same, sadly. I'm hoping they bring back that horde mode with you and some pals against waves of AI from the first game.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I love MGS but, gently caress I hate going from playing the entire game sneaky to being forced into a swarm of skulls that are shooting at you as soon as the cutscene ends. Play your way my rear end.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

I just sprint around in circles and let ~mai sniper waifu~ shoot them all.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Capn Beeb posted:

Titanfall 2 multiplayer is more or less the same, sadly. I'm hoping they bring back that horde mode with you and some pals against waves of AI from the first game.

lol wtf no it isn't completely different games

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Oh good. I just finished the TF2 campaign like 10 minutes ago and was gonna try multiplayer after dinner.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
If you haven't played Last Guardian give it a shot. The frame-rate and control issues are present but nowhere near as bad as people say and it is all worth it for the ending :3:

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

The Rat posted:

I just sprint around in circles and let ~mai sniper waifu~ shoot them all.

That totally worked.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

lol wtf no it isn't completely different games

Getting melted is getting melted to me :shobon:

thetechnoloser
Feb 11, 2003

Say hello to post-apocalyptic fun!
Grimey Drawer
Had my 970 crap out on me last weekend.... So I got a 1080 to replace it. :getin:

Resident Evil 7 is creepy as gently caress at 4K on a 55" screen in the dark. Holy beejeezus. Wear headphones for maximum teenage horror movie effect.

This game feels much more like RE of old. It's not an action shootmans anymore. The first person view is claustrophobic, in a good way. The new photorealism style is pretty boss, and it's the first game I've found that comes close to maxing my VRAM (~7.8GB/8GB).

Only an hour or so in, but I'll post more thoughts as I play. Can definitely see it being fun as poo poo in VR.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

I love MGS but, gently caress I hate going from playing the entire game sneaky to being forced into a swarm of skulls that are shooting at you as soon as the cutscene ends. Play your way my rear end.

I died at the swarm on the airbase so many times until I realized the AA gun was mountable. THat only took one try as I cackled with glee

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

That totally worked.

It works even better when you give her the giant gently caress off rifle that will shoot down helicopters. :q:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

thetechnoloser posted:

Only an hour or so in, but I'll post more thoughts as I play. Can definitely see it being fun as poo poo in VR.

VR RE is going to kill someone. I'm calling it right now.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Booblord Zagats posted:

I died at the swarm on the airbase so many times until I realized the AA gun was mountable. THat only took one try as I cackled with glee

Wait what

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
How the gently caress do you guys beat Witcher 3? I feel like I've put a poo poo ton of hours into this game and I still have a ton of poo poo left to do without even touching the DLC.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Capn Beeb posted:

that was the single best part of halo odst and reach

and that's saying a lot because i consider those games to be the high water mark of the halo franchise
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8QhbV7JwGA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TM2YqbsEzp0

RIP martin o'donnell's bungie career

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Mustang posted:

How the gently caress do you guys beat Witcher 3? I feel like I've put a poo poo ton of hours into this game and I still have a ton of poo poo left to do without even touching the DLC.

It took me something like 140 hours

Just keep at it, man. The main story stuff moves fairly quickly so if you're bored of side questing make sure you keep the story moving.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Mustang posted:

Beating the game to me is the main story. The rest is just extra poo poo. I'm not a completionist when it comes to considering a game beaten.

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

I like to think that whenever Roadhog uses an air can to heal that he's actually slamming down Rip-Its.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

MancXVI posted:

I like to think that whenever Roadhog uses an air can to heal that he's actually slamming down Rip-Its.

He vapes a full can of rip-its

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Copy/paste from Dirt thread about Dirt 4

njsykora posted:

First Dirt 4 blog, still calling it the road book which pleases me. More rallycross stuff, there'll be 2 more tracks as well as the RX2 class from FIA WRX and some Group B rallycross which apparently was a thing? Landrush aka the best thing in Dirt 2+3 is back which is truck and buggy racing on big jump tracks, and gymkhana Joyride, which will be skills challenges in the rally school which they're describing as 'donuts without the dudebro'.

PvP rally events will be doable online, so you'll be able to do real world style staggered starts down the stage, and will overtake slow cars and see cars that have wrecked. There will be 2 handling models, casual and simulation, one being more controller friendly Dirt 3 style and the other being straight up lifted from Dirt Rally with some refinements to aerodynamics, suspension, tires and damage so it seems they're leaning more in the sim direction rather than retreating from it. Like I said earlier the reputation DR got for being hard did them a lot of good.

Career mode will be a full Race Driver Grid style team management, hiring PR, engineers, sponsors etc which as a RD Grid fan is drat great news. There'll be an online career mode of sorts with rankings and ladders. Daily/Weekly/Monthly challenges will come back, but this time they'll all be using procedural stages, so people won't get to practice a stage for ages before doing the challenge. Leagues will be returning and you'll be able to generate stages for league use, plus there won't be any splitting of leaderboards and leagues between consoles this time, so we can have the Xbox and PS4 players in this thread in the same league as the PC crew. You can also do stage generation on the website so you can make sure stages are the kind of thing you want for a league before confirming anything.

Overall it seems like they're not quite making a sequel to Dirt 3, but a sequel to Dirt Rally with Landrush added in. Rally and Rallycross certainly seem to be overwhelmingly the focus, and I'm happy they're willing to drop Hillclimb rather than just have Pikes Peak as the only track again.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
97 hours for Witcher 3 + DLC for me. Absolutely, positively 100% worth it.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Two Finger posted:

that was the single best part of halo odst and reach

and that's saying a lot because i consider those games to be the high water mark of the halo franchise
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8QhbV7JwGA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TM2YqbsEzp0

RIP martin o'donnell's bungie career

When Halo 4 didn't bring Firefight mode back, my interest went out the window :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I thought Halo 4 was legit good idk why everyone hated it