Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

DapperDon posted:

You should know that being near DC with the FBI reports during the election.

Every day is Friday with President Trump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
We are about at the halfway point of getting the tools in place to finally begin to get the initial AI prototype for the game. That's literally what he said.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

TrustmeImLegit posted:

We are about at the halfway point of getting the tools in place to finally begin to get the initial AI prototype for the game. That's literally what he said.

It really is what he said and tbh I was pretty shocked by that.
That was amazing.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Every day is Friday with President Trump.

The best part is that he has only had the job for a week. poo poo is just getting started.

:munch:

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Since when is being "halfway to starting a prototype" something to feel accomplished about? How was Chris able to sit there and tell people that they had a demo of SQ42 when the tools needed to make it are not even developed yet. Why is nobody asking this?

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

DapperDon posted:

Since when is being "halfway to starting a prototype" something to feel accomplished about? How was Chris able to sit there and tell people that they had a demo of SQ42 when the tools needed to make it are not even developed yet. Why is nobody asking this?

They refuse to believe hes a liar. Hes just 'overly optimistic.' I did see a post blaming Sandi for forcing Chris to say things. They'll can her (as shes directly responsible for the BDSM marketing) and that'll buy Chris a year.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

TrustmeImLegit posted:

They refuse to believe hes a liar. Hes just 'overly optimistic.' I did see a post blaming Sandi for forcing Chris to say things. They'll can her (as shes directly responsible for the BDSM marketing) and that'll buy Chris a year.

If they do not have planetary landings out by this year with their Jeebus3.0superduperpatch then Chris can hang this poo poo up.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Thank you for the quote breakdown. This is amazing. They so have no idea about anything it boggles the mind to imagine people walk away from these with warm fuzzy feelings instead of abject horror and mockery. :allears:

How do they get away with it???

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Sillybones posted:

MoMa has been consistently trying and failing. He brings up poo poo thinking it is a slam dunk and gets shut down by DS. Over and over. Just a few pages ago the same thing happened. And MoMA reacted the same way as always; slinking away and pretending they never brought it up.

I think in his mind getting the rise out of DS is the goal, but you can tell he is really serious and committed given how much dirt he attempts to dig up.

But hey, DS was wrong about early access. You win, MoMA! Star Citizen is real now! By the way, if you have at all any online presence it is pretty certain DS knows exactly who you are. The ease of people to do this is the sort of poo poo that makes me dislike doxxing so much. Please be careful. His mind is kind of loose, dude.

No he doesn't. Relax.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

ManofManyAliases posted:

No he doesn't. Relax.

But what if he does?

Pi Mu Rho
Apr 25, 2007

College Slice

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

It's stuff like this that confuses me

On the one hand Derek's just a big dumb sperg with an insatiable appetite for big-mouthed dumb meltdowns, tailored to exasperate even folks like me who try to make him fit in a decent e-society

On the other hand, people who've actually met the analogue Derek don't even claim to have good stories about him

I mean other than his expertise in making bad space games, there's just not much, well, interesting about him really. It's amazing how much nerdrage he can inspire in spite of that

Clearly, I'm just terrified of speaking out against Derek. Once you start riding the tiger, you can't get off.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

CrazyTolradi posted:

So basically like how RPG's like Daggerfall would create a quest?

Pages ago, but I just went :allears: from the nostalgia this post brought me. Daggerfall was one of the earliest Elder Scrolls games. It was a 3D game released in '96.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

DapperDon posted:

Yeah, at this point it is fraudulent and a scam beyond levels that it already was.

Either Roberts is culpable, or has no clue of where things are at and his direct reports are such good bullshitters that he takes them for their word and truly believes everything is AAA-ok. Whatever the reason, it just demonstrates the state of absurdity this dumpster fire of a project is in. Given his clueless ability to play his own game and futzing with the chat window like a clueless meth head operating heavy machinery...I'm going with the latter.

No wonder why the CFO bailed. Who the hell wants fiduciary responsibility signing off on their financials. He was probably doing the Pepto and Vodka tonic routine in his final days.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

peter gabriel posted:

But what if he does?

What if he does? He'll fly out to see me? I'm not sure they'll even let him on a plane.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
From the Frontier Forums' SC thread:

The two links:
http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/star-citizen/48820.html
http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/world-of-warcraft/33592.html

Gamestar have been shilling pretty hard

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

ManofManyAliases posted:

No he doesn't. Relax.

You appear at the precise moment we were joking (?) you would :tinfoil:

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

ManofManyAliases posted:

What if he does? He'll fly out to see me? I'm not sure they'll even let him on a plane.

Yeah, Homeland Security takes it very seriously when they find out someone might have hired a receptionist in Dubai AND has a mortgage. I'm surprised Derek isn't in jail over these crimes.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

DapperDon posted:

How did Ben play through the SQ42 game if there is no AI?

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

Kosumo posted:

Typical statements from people that don't understand game development.

Have they ever directed members of Hollywood A-list?

You can't just buy that, you have to earn that with talent and respect.

They probably don't even own cars, let alone performace ones. Bet they take a bus to work.

Chumps.

Oops forgot one. And yes you can see someone leave the office on a bike. What a noobie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NA8FfDskw4Q&t=1360s
"We tried to figure out how fast we can do things. So we can project out how long; say we have 108 different areas we need to make in this game; how long is that going to take us? Is that going to take us into 2018?"

[4 years to get one essential feature] x [5 remaining features] = 20 more years :toot:
alternatively
[4 years] / [35 flyable ships] = [1.37 months per ship] x [42 remaining ships*] = 4.8 years to convert all jpegs to 3D :science:

* subject to more concept sales

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Why would you hire a receptionist in Dubai?
It makes no sense.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

DapperDon posted:

Because the answer interferes with their dream world?

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Lladre posted:

How did Ben play through the SQ42 game if there is no AI?

How do you greybox levels with no AI or polished player movement/flight system?

Achamp
Oct 19, 2005
The two hhhwhat.... The two yutes your honor

No Mods No Masters posted:

[Crobbling intensifies]

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

TrustmeImLegit posted:

How do you greybox levels with no AI or polished player movement/flight system?

The AI can sit at a table and mop the floor you know.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

I'm going to have to assume the dude is trolling.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Exactly. I believe Chris can pull this off and more. Just got to overlay some easy code over these ideas. :allears:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
Elite Dangerous multicrew is inbound!

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

The Titanic posted:

Exactly. I believe Chris can pull this off and more. Just got to overlay some easy code over these ideas. :allears:

If you think about it all this stuff is in the game it just hasn't been implemented yet.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe
nvm

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

At this point elite is like this with SC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAUY1J8KizU

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

peter gabriel posted:

LOL. So you get to "push f2 to enter Turret 2 Seat?"

Yep. Leaps and bounds ahead.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Lol end of Feb for the beta probably means a march release for 2.3. They'll have proper multicrew and character creation before CIG even finishes 2.6

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

ManofManyAliases posted:

How does that differ from SC? Please keep in mind that I have personally pressed <USE> to sit down and had my entire vision taken up by a massive TV that enables me to do exactly 3 things, none of which have any impact on anything :laugh:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

ManofManyAliases posted:

It's in the game, so yes, leaps and bounds ahead. It's an embarrassment to CIG how elite has once again owned it in a very public way

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

peter gabriel posted:

How does that differ from SC? Please keep in mind that I have personally pressed <USE> to sit down and had my entire vision taken up by a massive TV that enables me to do exactly 3 things, none of which have any impact on anything :laugh:

Difference is that I can take my character, leave the ship and walk right unto a space station immediately after landing. What happens in E:D? You just "transfer" to another ship?

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

ManofManyAliases posted:

It exists and has an actual use in an actual game.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

I suspect the difference will be that in E:D, sitting down in the seat will not promptly eject you out into space to watch your chariot jitter off into the sunset.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Moma what do you think about the fact that CIG has admitted that years down the line they've not even finished making the tools to let them begin prototyping the AI. Does this fill you with confidence and make you feel as if that 8k was a worthwhile investment.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

peter gabriel posted:

It's like the directors cut of Robocop, when ED-209 just will not stop shooting that executive in the balls, long after he must be dead.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJ7fHm1IyKM&t=84s
So what I'm saying is, it's hilarious and must continue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.
Oh hey it's the Star Citizen thread. All I really want at this point is to find out exactly how much they spent on mocap before they had even managed to finalize a game engine.