Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
No surprise, that thing has been on sale for a long long time because of that ridiculous paint job

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SUSE Creamcheese
Apr 11, 2007
Real gold? I've always wanted one of these but I'm pretty sure my neighbors would show up at my doorstep holding torches and pitchforks if I bought another car.

http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/5976141963.html

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Powershift posted:

Yeah, a large amount of the $1 cars also coincidentally have 1 mile.

Oh yeah. I start at 25000 miles on the low end. So like:
25000 - 125000 miles
Manual trans
500 - 5000 price
1960-2010
Clean title.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

zundfolge posted:

Real gold? I've always wanted one of these but I'm pretty sure my neighbors would show up at my doorstep holding torches and pitchforks if I bought another car.

http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/5976141963.html

Got dang that looks good. Didnt know they came in wagon trim since being in the NE you never see them on the road.

https://buffalo.craigslist.org/cto/5957381631.html

Lookit that caboose.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

What a waste of the time and effort to swap the S50B30

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

BlackMK4 posted:

What a waste of the time and effort to swap the S50B30

The panels had to come for the batmization anyway. Don't judge me!!!!! I doxxed myself.

Edit: Wait that is not mine everyone knows batman does not ride a giant bat some people are crazy.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

That's in great shape given location. Great color as well.

I own a '95 Caprice Wagon as well. Bought it from the original owner with around 80K on the clock. Blue/blue. Have the original window sticker. Sold for 25K.

I'll tell you three things:

1) It has road presence. It's weird and hard to explain, but no one fucks around when they see the behemoth cometh.

2) It literally is a sofa on wheels. Think of those huge Lincolns and Caddys in the 60's and 70's. Floats like a butterfly.

3) It actually gets a lot of comments. Not something you see everyday.

But the best one is...you put it in reverse and it does the "beep beep beep" sound. I lol everytime.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Colostomy Bag posted:

But the best one is...you put it in reverse and it does the "beep beep beep" sound. I lol everytime.
Thats great. However: I just noticed the green carpet. What.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Cage posted:

Thats great. However: I just noticed the green carpet. What.

Heh, noticed that after you pointed it out. That is odd. Maybe had a deal for green after grandpa's bowels went loose.

With that said, it isn't worth 3500.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
The price is high, but...drat thats nice.
https://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/5959983575.html

Those mags :fap:
If this was factory Orange, like the 1/18 scale one on my desk, I might be able to look past the price/mileage.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Meydey posted:

If this was factory Orange, like the 1/18 scale one on my desk, I might be able to look past the price/mileage.

My in-laws' neighbor has an orange 240Z that he pulls out of the garage on Sunday mornings. It's so beautiful, I have to go over and gawk whenever I'm visiting and it's in the driveway.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Meydey posted:

I'm going to have to disagree, those wheels were used on so much poo poo from the 70's that I will forever associate them with lovely non-airbrushed vans.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

If you look hard enough you can still find good deals on Craiglist on hardly used foreign makes:

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Spiffness posted:

If you look hard enough you can still find good deals on Craiglist on hardly used foreign makes:

Interested in trades? I got an LS1 swap PT Cruiser.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Popete posted:

Interested in trades? I got an LS1 swap PT Cruiser.

Come on you should start out by trying to trade a labradoodle puppy, a hot dog cart, and a used copier.

Arturia
Jan 24, 2017

Can't stop clicking circles

"I regret everything"

Arturia fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jan 27, 2017

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
To be fair, Fleetwood wagon is kind of a bitchin' idea. He just hosed up the execution a little.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Q_res posted:

To be fair, Fleetwood wagon is kind of a bitchin' idea. He just hosed up the execution a little.

Well and the fact it doesn't have a 302 in it.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

You know what a 305 is, right?

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Q_res posted:

You know what a 305 is, right?

Because a 302 is actually a 4.9L :goonsay:

That said, all that work and kept the original meh LO5.

edit: the longer Caddy nose does help balance the ridiculous rear end on those wagons a bit.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Here's some gold. Red car, hmu.

http://kpr.craigslist.org/cto/5942731689.html

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Darchangel posted:

Because a 302 is actually a 4.9L :goonsay:

That said, all that work and kept the original meh LO5.

edit: the longer Caddy nose does help balance the ridiculous rear end on those wagons a bit.

Yeah, too much booze and too many engine sizes on my brain combined with the Cadillac wording made a mess of what I was thinking. :v:

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Like new 1981 Prelude for $2k https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/5979326194.html

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
*checks if portland is still a 38 hour drive away*

*is*

:sigh:

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Looks like the driver's side rear brake light is pushed in, wonder what that damage on the body looks like.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
It's good, sure, but they've got an odd definition of "flawless."

blk
Dec 19, 2009
It was a flawed car to begin with from what I understand. Or at least, while nothing was wrong with the OG Prelude, nothing was terribly right, either.

Craigslist needs to replace the "automatic/manual" checkbox in their postings with "2 pedals/3 pedals"

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

blk posted:

It was a flawed car to begin with from what I understand. Or at least, while nothing was wrong with the OG Prelude, nothing was terribly right, either.

Craigslist needs to replace the "automatic/manual" checkbox in their postings with "2 pedals/3 pedals"

I don't know if that would go so well. I have 3 pedals in my automatic car, because parking brake.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

Raluek posted:

I don't know if that would go so well. I have 3 pedals in my automatic car, because parking brake.

Ugh, I forgot about that.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
christ that's ugly, put it back in the time capsule

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

My first car was a 74 super beetle with a stick shift and no clutch petal.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
An autostick? It clutches in when you push on the shifter. Has tall gearing because it's also got a rudimentary torque converter, which also acts like a torque multiplier.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

That's the one. It just wouldn't fit into the "count the pedals" criteria for the craigslist fix for sellers not knowing what auto/manual transmissions are.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
Isn't the Autostick the basis of the 'Freeway Flyer' transmission?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I thought that was the split window bus, because of the gear reduction portal boxes combined with the newer, higher HP engines in the last two years of its life allowing taller gearing.

Could be wrong though.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

blk posted:

Ugh, I forgot about that.

My ford mazda f150 had four.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Always have loved the Peugeot 306 and in rally trim it's even better, only £17,000

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/peugeot/306/peugeot-306-s16-------------------1994/6743550

WARNING: do not look around the cars on that site:fap:

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Jan 31, 2017

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Ho. Lee. poo poo.

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/cto/5956700141.html

:eyepop:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Holy poo poo, I don't think I've ever seen one of those. Buy it.

Firenza is the J-body right? http://whatmonstersdo.com/blogs/wmd/18186263-car-feature-joshs-1991-turbo-cavalier-rs-wagon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Yep, Firenza is just a Cavalier with an Olds badge