Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Ytlaya posted:

Do you just rarely use them?
I only use them in event mat/ce farming only unlike the impulsive goon that waste it all to max lv a servant the moment they get it. Maybe spent a dozen during half ap event or something similar. You also stopped needing monument after three events or so.

Efficient farming with chart and guide is the other half of the contribution to my wealth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I have a 136 and blow them whenever I want to max level a servant I give a poo poo about max levelling and for whenever I wanna push forward during story events, but they are almost entirely for Events

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I used apples a lot more back when cheat APKs worked and I could grind things at 10x speed. Now it's far more of a chore :negative:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Shop exp and davici shop exp can get a servant to lv80+, so it doesn't take a lot of event to max your main team.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's unfortunate that I never want to level up just one servant all the time then.

*Looks at Drake, Medb, and Hassan*

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

You have no reason to complaint, whale! Use your money to buy more energy! :argh:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Can I be called a whale when I dump a hundo on stuff I really want and not 1500?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Well, I guess not. You are also goddamn lucky.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
My greatest luck was dropping 30 bucks to add onto what quartz I had for two rolls and I got Gilgamesh on the first during his limited rate up in New Years and he is now collecting dango for me to turn into QP.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I remember when I first started playing the game when it was released and got like three 5-stars over the course of just five 10-rolls (IIRC it was Vlad, Gil, and Waver).

edit: But then there's also the time when I came back after not playing for over a year, had enough quartz for 7 10-rolls, and didn't get a single 4 or 5 star servant from them.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Well, Baal? Didn't get your husbando did ja? :drac:

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Damnit, I wish Nightingale also got a rate up in this. This is pretty much when she first debuted too.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Nyaa posted:

Well, Baal? Didn't get your husbando did ja? :drac:

Yeah, it's unfortunate but hey you can't win 'em a- oh wait

I totally did.

Off a single 10 roll that I only made from free Quartz I gathered over the last two weeks.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:11tea:

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice

Captain Baal posted:

Yeah, it's unfortunate but hey you can't win 'em a- oh wait

I totally did.

Off a single 10 roll that I only made from free Quartz I gathered over the last two weeks.

Wow NP 2. I like his Art though, drat the haters.

What's that sword in the top right supposed to be?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Fragarach, I'm pretty sure. One of Bazett's little sword things that she fights with.

little_firebird
Sep 1, 2008

Why don't you
just eat your
belly button and die?!
It's been a while since I played Extra so I forgot just how extravagant and self-absorbed Nero is. I really enjoyed her route so far in Extella. v:shobon:v

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
On the advice of the first page of this thread, I've watched all of Carnival Phantasm.

It was pretty fun! I have no experience whatsoever with Tsukihime, so pretty much all the in-jokes and most of the cast for that one went over my head, but even then, it was still funny to watch the craziness of them all bouncing off each other and the Fate/Stay Night cast. Plus I finally get the joke from a forums avatar I saw here a long time ago because of the Afterschool! Alleyway Alliance segments.

:rip: Lancer. You were too pure for this sinful earth.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
It is haram to watch Carnival Phantasm without having played Tsukihime

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Freak Futanari posted:

What if you just watched the Tsukihime aniー

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Freak Futanari posted:

Yes, I know that it's a harem game, but other than that and Arcueid being some kind of super badass ancient vampire and Shiki having Mystic Eyes of Death Perception, I know pretty much zilch about it. Didn't detract from how enjoyable Carnival Phantasm was, though.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Also Ciel really, REALLY likes curry :chef:

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
something about chairs here

Tsukihime is a special brand of batshit in the Far Side Routes, I'll tell you that. Arcueid is also one of my favorite characters ever.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

I think I found the one, the one I'm willing to fully grail to 100.

Musashi, you shall be venerated.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Berserker taunt team did it again. :black101:

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Tamamo + Vlad + Mashu = so many defense buffs that nobody can even damage my team

Thanks for the 3 free tickets DW, god bless

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

College Slice
I'm trying Merlin, Mashu, Waver.

See you guys in 4 hours.

e: RIP Waver I got complacent and died to Fergus when he was at 3k hp remaining.

Raenir Salazar fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jan 30, 2017

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Freak Futanari posted:

Tamamo + Vlad + Mashu = so many defense buffs that nobody can even damage my team

Thanks for the 3 free tickets DW, god bless

I went with a friend's Merlin + Tamamo + Jeanne Alter for damage and just outhealed everything. Only bad moment was in the last round when Dantes focused everything on Merlin and finally killed him, but by then I had about 3/4th of his HP off so I just gunned him down before he could charge up for his NP.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
And Shirou ripped me apart. Time to spend some quartz on this as I'm not redo'ing this.

e: Waver died again to Shirou. Wish I realized he actually just negates my buffs, would've used Waver's ult.

e2; Shirou finally bite the dust and gradually healing Mashu and Merlin back up. Jeanne's a slog but not a deadly one.

Raenir Salazar fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Jan 30, 2017

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Dante committed suicide on Jeanne Alter's flag pole.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Irisviel is dead now due to Dantes prioritizing her and crit'ing each drat time I healed her back up. :mad:

e: new Meta, Mashu DPS with Merlin buffs!

e2: Yay, beat Dantes with spending only 1 quartz which I got back in the mail box immediately, not a bad trade.

Raenir Salazar fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jan 30, 2017

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Had no problems with my Merlin, Musashi, Guest Jalter, Hercules, Jeanne and Angra team. Angra got the last hit, of course.

I also got jackshit with all those tickets.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This is gonna be pretty rough for me seeing as I have none of the survivability servants, but I'll probably just wait for my command spells to refresh:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I wonder if dual Merlins is better than Merlin/Tamamo for long fights. It seems like Merlin does more healing over a long period of time, since each NP totals up to 5k (compared with Tamamo's 2k or whatever), gives the same total NP, and can be stacked. Though I guess part of Tamamo's benefit is the fact that her NP cuts skill cooldowns, which is great for both Merlin (for his group invulnerability) and Waver (for his defense buff and giving NP in general).

Like, if you had access to Merlin, Waver, and Mashu, and could either duplicate one of them or add Tamamo, what would be the ideal stalling team? I imagine that if Mashu was involved you'd definitely want Tamamo so she could use her skills more often.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I'm no expert but it seems to be that:

Mashu-Waver-Tamamo: Has the advantage of getting the most out of Waver's and Mashu's defence up with some heal.

Mashu-Waver-Merlin: I feel like this probably is *better* because you can time the defence ups to always have *something* up or have otherwise gotten to the point Merlin has well out healed any damage you're facing; with the additional benefit that the increased Star Gen and Buster up you can actually rely on Mashu for decent burst against Ruler. Mashu could crit for ~50k damage was a nice surprise.

I ended up with Mashu-Iri-Merlin for most of the Challenge Quest because Waver died to bad luck/complacency twice during the course of it and boy that's a lot of heal.

(?) Mashu-Tamamo-Merlin: I haven't had a chance to use Tamamo to any real degree. If I'm feeling Masochistic I might try it. Skill Cool Down Reduction as you say is probably very strong for both Merlin's group invuln. and Mashu.

I'm not sure using a Support Merlin how to get past Shirou with any of the three set ups without deaths. Shirou does something like 18k damage across the board no matter what. I imagine either Iri's AoE NP for guts if that isn't dispelled? And then heal back up with Merlin.

I don't have any gold ST Zerkers, though Kuro did decent Dps.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Raenir Salazar posted:

I'm no expert but it seems to be that:

Mashu-Waver-Tamamo: Has the advantage of getting the most out of Waver's and Mashu's defence up with some heal.

Mashu-Waver-Merlin: I feel like this probably is *better* because you can time the defence ups to always have *something* up or have otherwise gotten to the point Merlin has well out healed any damage you're facing; with the additional benefit that the increased Star Gen and Buster up you can actually rely on Mashu for decent burst against Ruler. Mashu could crit for ~50k damage was a nice surprise.

Yeah, I feel like the biggest problem with Mashu-Waver-Tamamo is lack of healing for a stalling team. Even though Mashu can lower damage a lot, I still feel like enemies would ultimately be able to out-damage your healing over the long term and Tamamo's healing alone isn't quite enough to offset that (I could be wrong about this, though). I also don't think that team has a way to deal with AoE NPs, though it can definitely put them off for a while using Waver's NP and Tamamo's skill that reduces NP charge.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
Cu Alter did 400k to Dantes in one turn in the final wave with Merlin + Master buff. :shittypop:

If I had got two busters instead of an arts card in the middle I'm pretty sure he could of one shot him. The evil dog continues to be the most ridiculous berserker for any fight that doesn't require a one round nuke. Merlin/Cu/Alter support was a solid plan.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Grailed up Lancer Cu carried me through, the true hero of this event

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
This final mission is still accessible for some more days assuming I've done all the previous missions, right? I don't really feel like tackling it tonight, but if I don't have a choice I will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Ytlaya posted:

This final mission is still accessible for some more days assuming I've done all the previous missions, right?
The day countdown is under each mission button. It should have about 7 days left from now.