Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Last page of the story (which I didn't post) has him on a stretcher being loaded onto a ship so he can be taken to stand trial.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

dordreff posted:

How long has John Constantine been a Jedi?

holy poo poo

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah, Sean Phillips was the artist on that. The writer was Dan Jolley.

I believe that was the original concept of Star Wars Tales - they'd get well-known comic writers and artists in to create any story they wanted because the Tales series was ostensibly non-canon.

The first issue had a story written by Peter David called "Skippy the Jedi Droid" which has become pretty infamous in the interceding 20-ish years.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Rhonne posted:

Pretty sure that guy is going to bleed out from the two massive holes on his legs. Or they'll at least have to amputate them.

Lightsabres and blasters cauterize wounds, that one time in A New Hope notwithstanding.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Wolfmen only die from silver everybody knows this

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

Is cauterizing a chopped-off leg actually a real thing?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Insofar as you won't *bleed to death* from it, but from the gangrene and who knows how many other horrible infections set in instead.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Insofar as you won't *bleed to death* from it, but from the gangrene and who knows how many other horrible infections set in instead.

Didn't they used to seal off amputation with boiling pitch?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

flosofl posted:

Didn't they used to seal off amputation with boiling pitch?

I'm sure that had at least an 18% surival rate.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
I imagine if you had access to state of the art healthcare and got some leeches on there you could round that up to 19.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Frostbite #5

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Roth posted:

Frostbite #5

I'm the tiny Fallout sniper rifle on her back.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Poops Mcgoots posted:

I'm the tiny Fallout sniper rifle on her back.

Is the artist that guy who traced all those Warhammer 40k assets?

Kharn_The_Betrayer
Nov 15, 2013

Fun Shoe

Roth posted:

Frostbite #5

i can never get over the fact that using loving cheap rear end cell shaded 3d models for art is now acceptable in the comic industry

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Kharn_The_Betrayer posted:

i can never get over the fact that using loving cheap rear end cell shaded 3d models for art is now acceptable in the comic industry

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

outside of like, The Red Star, has any comic used 3d models and looked good?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

If they're doing it well, you dont notice.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Superior Carnage #5: This one needs a little set-up... So this is back when Doc Ock was Spider-Man. Fantastic Four villain the Wizard was using his mind control on the Carnage symbiote to try to force it into a new Frightful Four. As these things do, things got way out of hand and for some reason Ock-Spidey thought the best way to get the symbiote back under control was to get it off of Wizard (who had latched onto) by bringing out the comatose body of Cletus Kasady. The narrator here is Ulysses Klaw, a member of Wizard's crew who manipulated sound in order to keep Carnage in line, and who got murdered at the end of the last issue. His body (which was merely sound waves contained in a suit) is dispersing as he watches the rest of the fight go down.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Luckily Cletus got uncoma'd just in time for the greatest scene in comic book history.

:allears:

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

TwoPair posted:

Superior Carnage #5: This one needs a little set-up... So this is back when Doc Ock was Spider-Man. Fantastic Four villain the Wizard was using his mind control on the Carnage symbiote to try to force it into a new Frightful Four. As these things do, things got way out of hand and for some reason Ock-Spidey thought the best way to get the symbiote back under control was to get it off of Wizard (who had latched onto) by bringing out the comatose body of Cletus Kasady. The narrator here is Ulysses Klaw, a member of Wizard's crew who manipulated sound in order to keep Carnage in line, and who got murdered at the end of the last issue. His body (which was merely sound waves contained in a suit) is dispersing as he watches the rest of the fight go down.

I've seen Liefeld guns change less from panel to panel!

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

Mega Man #32

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

smashpro1 posted:

Mega Man #32

Is this an adaptation of the FMV Megaman game that only came out in Japan?

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

FredMSloniker posted:

Is this an adaptation of the FMV Megaman game that only came out in Japan?

This particular arc is.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

I know that's Kill Six Billion Demons, but why are they dressed as characters from Sailor Moon?

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

The scene's taking place in her subconscious.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
Future Quest is pretty much the most ridiculous comic being made right now.

That's Race Bannon fighting an extradimensional thing with one of Space Ghost's power bands

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I never knew that this what my life was missing until just now.

root
Jun 17, 2000

Booska mask replica...

Gann Jerrod posted:

Future Quest is pretty much the most ridiculous comic being made right now.

That's Race Bannon fighting an extradimensional thing with one of Space Ghost's power bands

Are those The Impossibles in the first panel!? :swoon:

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.

root posted:

It sure is! If you liked any Hanna-Barbera action show then you should read Future Quest. There's also some real good Frankenstein Jr action in the latest issue.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Future Quest has been disappointing me because there are very few if any panels to photoshop Space Ghost Coast to Coast / Harvey Birdman into.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

root posted:

Yep, they also added a 4th member, a girl with magnet powers.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Toshimo posted:

No loving kidding :stwoon:

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Toshimo posted:

how does every goon not follow this thread for this?

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

jng2058 posted:

The scene's taking place in her subconscious.

She is also a huge weeb.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Gann Jerrod posted:

It sure is! If you liked any Hanna-Barbera action show then you should read Future Quest. There's also some real good Frankenstein Jr action in the latest issue.

You know, I was avoiding the Hanna-Barbera comics because I hate what they did with Wacky Races (which I love), but I think I need to pick this up.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

No Herculoids, no sale.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Crowetron posted:

No Herculoids, no sale.

I'm pretty sure they are in Future Quest, actually.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

WickedHate posted:

I'm pretty sure they are in Future Quest, actually.

I request a panel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benito Cereno
Jan 20, 2006

ALLEZ-OUP!
Here's several pages featuring the Herculoids.