Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

djnkro
Sep 16, 2007
As the resident doughboys expert, I feel like I should weigh in.

Bug mane was funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

djnkro posted:

Wiger becoming Bug mane was funny.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I love that Mitch always defended Bug Mane more than Burger Boy, but it seemed like Mitch hated Bug Mane by the end and Nick loved him.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
this loving star wars prequels poo poo has got to stop

as for bug mane....eh, undecided. not my fav ep

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Bug Mane isn't funny but his role as an agitator worked very well. He's the little buggy in the soup.

Buzz buzz.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

the fact that mitch cannot seem to really tell the difference between nick and bug mane is very telling

bug mane was great btw good ep

armen is fine in certain situations (hosting who charted and getting immolated by besser) but i did not care for his doughboys which is a bummer because in n out is bliss

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
See I've said it before but I feel like the Armen episode is when the doughboys started coming into its own.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

cams posted:

the fact that mitch cannot seem to really tell the difference between nick and bug mane is very telling

bug mane was great btw good ep

armen is fine in certain situations (hosting who charted and getting immolated by besser) but i did not care for his doughboys which is a bummer because in n out is bliss

Bug mane's name is also Nick

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Drunkboxer posted:

Bug mane's name is also Nick
i don't care for this explanation and i choose to ignore it

Dylan McKay
Oct 20, 2011

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation. I refuse to see Black Panther because they didn't ask the Black Ranger to be in it.
I support the bug mane...

Don't really care about Armen one way or another but I did feel pretty bad for him after listening to that Who Charted where he and Kulap talked about Harris dying.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
I would never actively seek out podcasts with Armen on them, but I really do love his doughboys ep

cams
Mar 28, 2003

HolePisser1982 posted:

I would never actively seek out podcasts with Armen on them, but I really do love his doughboys ep
i am listening to it now and it is funny so i rescind my previous opinion

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Bug and Armen can both eat poo poo.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
I enjoy how Wiger keeps repeating how relaxed and going with the flow he is on the new year. That is the sign of someone who is the opposite of relaxed and going with the flow.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

n8r posted:

I enjoy how Wiger keeps repeating how relaxed and going with the flow he is on the new year. That is the sign of someone who is the opposite of relaxed and going with the flow.
Wiger is an intensely weird man who drives around in a silent car thinking to himself while eating string cheese by biting right into it whole. I don't trust that guy for a minute.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Mitch Is a man of the people Babyyyyy.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Bug Mane was okay. Armen loving sucked.

Welp, talk to you dudes later!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Wiger really took the Schlesser episode/fight to heart and is working on his relationship w/ Mitch!

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
as a CBB fan I appreciate Bug Mane's intentionally bad character gimmick, but as a human being I had to turn off the podcast when they started taking about star wars again. considering just skipping ahead but I'm worried that they might start talking about star wars again later on

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

little munchkin posted:

as a CBB fan I appreciate Bug Mane's intentionally bad character gimmick, but as a human being I had to turn off the podcast when they started taking about star wars again. considering just skipping ahead but I'm worried that they might start talking about star wars again later on

I did the same thing but ended up skipping ahead and listening to the rest and it was pretty good, star wars doesnt come up really after that

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
I keep hoping Mitch will fly in FrailBot for the sinister six finale

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

someone please make and release edited doughboys episode with none of that prequel poo poo

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
No, editing the original Star Wars trilogy directly led to the creation of the prequels. We can't allow the Doughboys-equivalent of the prequels to occur.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

I went to the Doughboys taping at Sketchfest yesterday. Taco Bell 2 with Jon Gabrus, and there's a super heartwarming surprise at the end.

Apex Rogers
Jun 12, 2006

disturbingly functional

Outside of the Rogueboys episode, do they talk about Rogue One very much? I haven't seen it and would like to avoid major spoilers.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

Apex Rogers posted:

Outside of the Rogueboys episode, do they talk about Rogue One very much? I haven't seen it and would like to avoid major spoilers.
I have not seen Rogue One but I gotta admit I wanted to spoil it in this post.

ManoliIsFat posted:

I went to the Doughboys taping at Sketchfest yesterday. Taco Bell 2 with Jon Gabrus, and there's a super heartwarming surprise at the end.

Is super heartwarming a treatment for a heart attack? Who had it Mitch or Gabrus?

I think it's funny that people don't like the Star Wars talk. I'm not a big fan of it at all, and their very serious arguments and the depth of knowledge on it is hilarious.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

n8r posted:

Is super heartwarming a treatment for a heart attack? Who had it Mitch or Gabrus?
Gabrus roasted Mitch super hard for being a fat slob, like he had already thought of many of the jokes in relation to him.

But the surprise was Wiger had arranged for all the boys in Quincy to make a short video and Wootang and some other dude were actually in the audience

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

can't wait to hear Mitch's friends gleep glorp, klo ploon, wigwam, zoiks and bingbong appear on the podcast again

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
I keep chuckling about how the Bug Mane episode answered exactly zero of my questions about who or what Bug Mane is

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
This is the best ep.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
HE'S GOT A GUN

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

It's funny how often doughboys makes me want to go eat at the place they are talking about. I had never had a CGC before, so yesterday I went and got one. First of all - the drat thing was $3 from Taco Bell - nothing is that good at taco bell IMHO. I wasn't a big fan, but I definitely like other taco bell items.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

mennoknight posted:

HE'S GOT A GUN

That one was kinda crazy to yell out in a crowded, tiny theater. Everyone looked around real quick, then kinda laughed.

Dylan McKay
Oct 20, 2011

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation. I refuse to see Black Panther because they didn't ask the Black Ranger to be in it.
Spoonman's friends living up to the legend

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Gabrus using years of practice making self deprecating jokes to tear Mitch apart is a beautiful thing to hear

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
One of my favorite doughboy things is Mitch being the tough guy who instantly drops out of the bit and gets mad if you call him anything, while nerd Nick actually is really cool and chill and happy to mix it up - right up till you find one of his completely bizarre triggers.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I LOVE FRIES

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Nick sounds furious if he raises his voice one decibel

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

It's because Nick doesn't have emotions, he's trying to replicate what he thinks emotions sound like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

n8r posted:

I LOVE FRIES

that was def. how a guy who hates fries would react when he gets called out