Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

On the other hand, Jughead is an emo and didn't eat a single burger in the premier, so burn it all down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Riverdale did nothing for me, officially old.

drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!
I thought Riverdale was pretty promising and can't wait for them to dive into the Jason Blossom murder more.

Anyone here watch Alone on History? It's a reality survival show where contestants try to outlast one another. The twist is that each contestant is left more or less completely isolated with nobody else around. For example, they have to film themselves rather than rely on a film crew. It avoids a lot of the reality show tropes because of that (there isn't even a narrator). There are also no elimination challenges so the goal is to purely outlast (both physically and mentally). My girlfriend and I caught an episode over Christmas break and have been obsessed since. We've been slowly making our way through the previous seasons.

drainpipe fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Jan 28, 2017

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Has anyone watched Santa Clarita Diet on Netflix yet? I'm a huge Timothy Olyphant fan...but reading the basic premise makes it look sort of like a knock off iZombie.

Daedo
May 5, 2002

Medullah posted:

Has anyone watched Santa Clarita Diet on Netflix yet? I'm a huge Timothy Olyphant fan...but reading the basic premise makes it look sort of like a knock off iZombie.

The show isn't out until next Friday.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Daedo posted:

The show isn't out until next Friday.

D'oh, that's what I get for skimming the ever increasing amount of "COMING TO NETFLIX, AN ORIGINAL SERIES!" emails I'm getting. :D

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Guy Goodbody posted:

American Horror Story Hotel is better than American Horror Story Coven

Jesus Christ. Somebody get this hothead outta here!

I'm glad someone else's mind immediately goes to that whenever Josie and the Pussycats is mentioned.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

a new study bible! posted:

Riverdale seems fun and is visually really good. Someone should make a proper thread.

YES I AGREE

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

MiddleOne posted:

If anyone is still in doubt Sweet/Vicious is really really really good.

Jesus, if we can't get a 2nd season of Sweet/Vicious I'm going to be so bitter again.

The Universe owes me for no season 2 of Limitless.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Sweet/Vicious makes me wonder if Marvel heroes like Captain America or Hawkeye have official Twitter accounts and blogs and instagrams.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mu Zeta posted:

Sweet/Vicious makes me wonder if Marvel heroes like Captain America or Hawkeye have official Twitter accounts and blogs and instagrams.

In Unbeatable Squirrel Girl the recap page is usually Squirrel Girl talking about what happened in the last ish on Twitter and various Marvel heroes @ reply her, usually Iron Man. I don't think Hawkeye or Cap have made appearances, though.

Also that reminds me Netflix when the gently caress are you gonna make an Unbeatable SG series?

Edit: I know the Twitter stuff makes Unbeatable Squirrel Girl sound unbearable but I swear the series is one of the best comics that Marvel's put out in recent history, giving us such gems as Cat Thor and Galactus mocking Thanos for being a giant hipster (he makes his own gloves) emo (he's in love with death) tool.

Here's my favorite sequence from the latest issue:

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Jan 28, 2017

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Squirrel Girl is one show the Internet would tear a sunder. Every step of the way, it'd be unbearable.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rocksicles posted:

Squirrel Girl is one show the Internet would tear a sunder. Every step of the way, it'd be unbearable.

The internet can go gently caress itself, Unbeatable Squirrel Girl is loving awesome and hilarious and good.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Rocksicles posted:

It's Time For Taylor Swift To Weigh In On The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

DivisionPost posted:

It's Time For Taylor Swift To Weigh In On The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl

She'd be all over that like rash.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
In all seriousness, I'd be hesitant to pull the trigger on a Netflix Squirrel Girl series when Noted Sexist Douchepacker Ike Perlmutter holds some sway over Marvel TV.

I mean, we've got Jessica Jones, but still.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

lelandjs posted:

In Unbeatable Squirrel Girl the recap page is usually Squirrel Girl talking about what happened in the last ish on Twitter and various Marvel heroes @ reply her, usually Iron Man. I don't think Hawkeye or Cap have made appearances, though.

Also that reminds me Netflix when the gently caress are you gonna make an Unbeatable SG series?

Edit: I know the Twitter stuff makes Unbeatable Squirrel Girl sound unbearable but I swear the series is one of the best comics that Marvel's put out in recent history, giving us such gems as Cat Thor and Galactus mocking Thanos for being a giant hipster (he makes his own gloves) emo (he's in love with death) tool.

Here's my favorite sequence from the latest issue:

Is Cat Thor just a less interesting version of Frog Thor?

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Cat thor

That same issue also features a Loki that gets convinced to cosplay as...

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah, Frog Thor is better

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Medullah posted:

The trailer makes it fairly clear that our protagonists aren't going to be solving crimes. Also it's from the guy who created Better Off Ted so you know it is going to have a pretty twisted sense of humor.

Next week will be good for TV, SCD coming out and The Expanse returning.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Loki in front of Thor with the cat head, and then slowly making the cat head even bigger as time went on, and going "Does it annoy you? Does my new regular head annoy you? Because this is my new regular head forever now" was pretty great.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

The 100 comes back this coming week too.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

GreenNight posted:

The 100 comes back this coming week too.

I don't know how they will follow up last season's cliffhanger without making GBS threads the bed. I guess we'll see!

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I think the whole season will be all the people dying a slow agonizing death.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Every character will come out and then be brutally obliterated

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Well I'm going to buy a bunch of comic books for the first time ever, Squirrel Girl looks funny

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

precision posted:

Well I'm going to buy a bunch of comic books for the first time ever, Squirrel Girl looks funny

You can sign up for a trial of Marvel Unlimited and read at least a few issues online.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Unlimited is 6 months behind on new comics, but always exactly 6. They upload the 6 month one when the newest issue comes out. So for $10 you're saving on anything that's been going for at least 9 months. Unless you want physical copies.

Imagine 6 comics on the edge of a cliff.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

precision posted:

It's written by Ryan North of Dinosaur Comics so in short, yeah, it's funny as hell.

The art can be divisive but I love it because it's concurrently very different from the usual Marvel style but still recognizably comic bookish.

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Jan 28, 2017

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

DivisionPost posted:

In all seriousness, I'd be hesitant to pull the trigger on a Netflix Squirrel Girl series when Noted Sexist Douchepacker Ike Perlmutter holds some sway over Marvel TV.

I thought he'd been given a job in the government.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

DivisionPost posted:

This is a stupid reasoning since he holds even more sway over the comic people are basing their like of the character on.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

raditts posted:

I don't know how they will follow up last season's cliffhanger without making GBS threads the bed. I guess we'll see!

I fell off The 100 when it turned into Clarke and Whoever's apocalypse politics tower hour last season, did it get good again?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

14 minutes into Riverdale. Archie is... a player? :psyduck:

edit: Guys... I need someone to hold me... this show is... I don't understand. :psyduck:

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Jan 29, 2017

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Josh Lyman posted:

Yeah, I thought the guitar playing thing was a little out of left field too.

(Seriously though I was actually more caught off guard by how much the actress playing Ms. Grundy looked like Felicity on Arrow)

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I watched Riverdale ep 1 earlier and I can barely remember it

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Josh Lyman posted:

edit: Guys... I need someone to hold me... this show is... I don't understand. :psyduck:

If you're talking about him never sticking to one girl, it's standard procedure with him. He's been with all of 'em, every female character, except Moose's girlfriend, but I think she's not going to exist, given how they're shaping up that storyline. Also, Grundy... jeez. Long way from someone who looks like Olive Oyl's grandmother.

Her sleeping with Archie is hosed up though. He was max 14-15.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Pan Dulce posted:

If you're talking about him never sticking to one girl, it's standard procedure with him. He's been with all of 'em, every female character, except Moose's girlfriend, but I think she's not going to exist, given how they're shaping up that storyline. Also, Grundy... jeez. Long way from someone who looks like Olive Oyl's grandmother.

Her sleeping with Archie is hosed up though. He was max 14-15.

They're supposed to be 18, I think. "Last summer" he could've been 17, though.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

BJPaskoff posted:

They're supposed to be 18, I think. "Last summer" he could've been 17, though.

I'm watching it right now, and I think they just mentioned they're sophomores. So...yeah. Creepy.

drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!
Everything online says that Archie and company are starting their sophomore year, so 14-15 would be about right. KJ Apa looks much older than his age (19). I teach college students and all of them look younger than him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Riverdale ep 1 was self-aware in enough ways that I'll probably go in on the whole season. Kind of fills my Ryan Murphy hole, since I didn't watch season 2 of Scream Queens.

• Locked thread