Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

wicka posted:

What's the deal with IMSA.tv? Can I stream from that instead of Fox?

Not from the US.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

We chatting this in #nascar?

wicka posted:

What's the deal with IMSA.tv? Can I stream from that instead of Fox?

I believe so, yes. The only difference is you'll get RLM's commentary all the way through (unless IMSA.tv isn't going to use the FOX graphics this year).

...or maybe not?

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
I'm in #nascar

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

Just a heads up, yes all but one hour is on TV but night time is still RLM and one camera on the roof with some stationary shots and pit road like last few years.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
RLM and one camera is still better than 99% of TV broadcasts

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Ah muust admit I quite fanceh listenin' to Jo'n 'ind'augh on Reeedio Le Mans.

Thank God I don't have to pick one of TK or WTR this year LET'S GO WTR AND 69 CAR.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Jan 28, 2017

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Hindhaugh is adorable, he really loves this sport. However, is the imsa.tv stream working for anyone?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

geonetix posted:

Hindhaugh is adorable, he really loves this sport. However, is the imsa.tv stream working for anyone?

working pretty good in canada.

e: how long until the corvettes catch fire?

Powershift fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Jan 28, 2017

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
IMSA is live on Motors TV UK (Sky) for eurotards like me

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Stream is working just fine for me from the US, through PIA VPN exiting in the UK. gently caress Fox.

Interesting strategy play by the #70 Mazda, trading track position for clean air running.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Caddy's stomping the field in laptimes.

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Yup.. When I VPN to UK (from The Netherlands, for crying out loud), it works.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Cygni posted:

Caddy's stomping the field in laptimes.

No replacement for displacement.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
That green Nissan proto is hot as gently caress, almost as nice as the red Mazda

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
And they're interviewing Jimmie Johnson because...?

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

because fox

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

George Zimmer posted:

And they're interviewing Jimmie Johnson because...?

He did race in it 7 times, so it's not like he's unfamiliar with the Rolex 24.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
Fair enough, but there's plenty of well established sportscar drivers they could have talked to.

Looks like we got the first PC torpedo of the race.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

:rip: 38

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
That vette is deeeeead

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Its raining at daytona :getin: haha im just listening via radio right now but it sounds like absolute clownshoes.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

lmao at PT

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

That was a great interview.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Literally didn't know they were having nearly continuous coverage of the race on TV until just now. TV to the finish once punchsport postfight is over.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

God I hope this season isn't just the Cadillacs stomping everyone in prototype.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

njsykora posted:

God I hope this season isn't just the Cadillacs stomping everyone in prototype.

Caddy and Nissan only ones on the lead lap at this point. Seems like the Caddys need a little something more to slow them down though. On pure pace they dominate.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

imma go get some sleep

had to work today and I'm kinda sore

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Pretty impressive that the lexus could get that tore up and not have more problems, honestly. Did a good job keeping that area around the tire clear of anything important.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

Cygni posted:

Pretty impressive that the lexus could get that tore up and not have more problems, honestly. Did a good job keeping that area around the tire clear of anything important.

Yeah, jesus that lexus got hosed by that tire. Never seen a tire fail like that and take so much bodywork with it

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Once again, porsche beats nissan :smug:

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Powershift posted:

Once again, porsche beats nissan :smug:

What the hell was going on there, never seen cold tires be THAT bad

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Cygni posted:

What the hell was going on there, never seen cold tires be THAT bad

The commentators are saying it looks like a chunk of the lexus that crashed there earlier sticking out of the front end of the nissan, but it's probably just a chunk of the porsche.

I think he slowed down after losing it a little bit and when he tried to get back on just slid down the banking.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things
If you're not following the IMSA twitter through this race also, you're severely missing out on the best part of this race.

https://twitter.com/IMSA
They've gone full Vader

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Slickdrac posted:

If you're not following the IMSA twitter through this race also, you're severely missing out on the best part of this race.

https://twitter.com/IMSA
They've gone full Vader

The best pert of 24 hour racing is the slow descent into madness that sleep deprivation brings.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

There is like 3 PC cars running and they still manage to spin in front of the pack

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Hah, corvette penalty for driving straight through the bus stop "too many times"

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

It is raining like a son of a bitch there right now in the middle of the night. Dope.

Dale Jr. is loving it.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Continental tires, bad in the cold and the wet!

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
I dunno if it got broadcast on TV but there was a very exasperated radio message from race control to all the teams about an hour ago.

It was along the lines of "We went over this in the drivers briefing about taking the shortcut. So far it's happened 92 times this race and you can imagine the work load this is causing us. Stop it."

P.S. I did not sign up for getting cold and wet in Florida.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Powershift posted:

The best pert of 24 hour racing is the slow descent into madness that sleep deprivation brings.

Slow?

And yeah I think the "broadcast" on IMSA TV is blacked out in the US, but the in-cars with RLM should be visible. Listening to the radio call via the app right now until I get home again.

• Locked thread