Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Tekken 7 trailer on PlayStation's channel
https://youtu.be/nnLeHw8KunM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
need new bezel and side panels for TE2. default colors are too ugly and they are out of stock for eternity. anyone have luck repainting them? or know a secret place to order them?

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Zand posted:

need new bezel and side panels for TE2. default colors are too ugly and they are out of stock for eternity. anyone have luck repainting them? or know a secret place to order them?

Ebay.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Zand posted:

ebay or SRK's trade forum

madcatz doesnt have them in their store anymore at all it seems

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I played Voldo and Cervantes in SCII because they were both weirdos and I loved them

My brother would usually default to Link or Seung Mina

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Ivy's crouching triangle that flipped people out of the ring over her own head was the best.

My buddy was the best at baiting you to the edge and hitting with it.

Then he would tell "FLIP SAUNDERS" which I think is a football joke or something.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

btw theres a 15% coupon code through sunday at MadCatz if anyone wants it- NEW15

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

btw theres a 15% coupon code through sunday at MadCatz if anyone wants it- NEW15

speaking of madcatz they're putting out a Tekken 7 artwork version of the TE2+

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Luna Was Here posted:

speaking of madcatz they're putting out a Tekken 7 artwork version of the TE2+

maybe this time the stick won't get shipped with a bad pcb to you three times in a row

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

whats fightcade teasing? new systems?

Lynx Winters
May 1, 2003

Borderlawns: The Treehouse of Pandora
They've been talking about snes and genesis support for a long time now, but the fightcade update might as well be frog fractions 3.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

ebay or SRK's trade forum

madcatz doesnt have them in their store anymore at all it seems

eBay has nothing lately and the bezels listed are actually teS bezels listed incorrectly x.x

I don't want to post on srk but I guess I have to

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

General Morden posted:

play sc2 on dolphin netplay

punk rebel ecks should add Soul Calibur 2 to the poll for the next Punch the Ballot. I wouldn't be able to play, but I'd love to watch it.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Zand posted:

eBay has nothing lately and the bezels listed are actually teS bezels listed incorrectly x.x

I don't want to post on srk but I guess I have to

the trade forum's your best bet, i see them there from time to time.

I've got the blue usf4 te2 if you wanna trade bezels

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

injustice 2 beta requires both players to opt to turn off gear bonuses prior to a match for stats and upgraded moves to not be in effect. if only one person says no the match proceeds with bonuses just like stage interactions in the first game.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Real hurthling! posted:

injustice 2 beta requires both players to opt to turn off gear bonuses prior to a match for stats and upgraded moves to not be in effect. if only one person says no the match proceeds with bonuses just like stage interactions in the first game.

Injustass 2 saving the fgc

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

injustice 2 beta requires both players to opt to turn off gear bonuses prior to a match for stats and upgraded moves to not be in effect. if only one person says no the match proceeds with bonuses
*clears throat*

the obama administration

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

Real hurthling! posted:

this is how marvel super heroes worked too, but with gems

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

congrats to bears taking second in xrd at FF

^^^
gems are cool though. or at least cooler than having to play a dude with a quadruple batarang modifier and 300 extra life.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

whats fightcade teasing? new systems?
An offline tournament being held in Spain in late May.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

I see a Capcom vs SNK 2 cabinet! :O

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

This looks cool but the fact that it's being held in a town I've never heard of with a population of like 3000 people is throwing up some red flags. LIke do some of the fightcade developers live there or something cause that is a seriously weird location. It's like some random place halfway between Madrid and Barcelona (but like, still 3 and half hours from each so it's basically inconvenient for either). Are they assuming a shitload of internationals are coming in or is there a secretly dope fighting game scene hiding in the 35,000 people who live nearby in Tudela? Why the hell are there 20 arcade cabinets in the middle of nowhere in Spain? Like I've got a lot of questions here.

CRISPYBABY fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Jan 29, 2017

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

attackmole posted:

This looks cool but the fact that it's being held in a town I've never heard of with a population of like 3000 people is throwing up some red flags. LIke do some of the fightcade developers live there or something cause that is a seriously weird location. It's like some random place halfway between Madrid and Barcelona (but like, still 3 and half hours from each so it's basically inconvenient for either). Are they assuming a shitload of internationals are coming in or is there a secretly dope fighting game scene hiding in the 35,000 people who live nearby in Tudela? Why the hell are there 20 arcade cabinets in the middle of nowhere in Spain? Like I've got a lot of questions here.

It's an elaborate scam. You've ever seen the movie "Hostel"? Well it's just like that but instead of whores it's video games.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Selling Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator PS4 code with all three DLC characters if anyone's interested.

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

I'm having a problem with my TES+ where down+right on the stick isn't registering properly. It's not totally dead but only registers about half the time, and almost never when going into it from down (meaning basic qcfs, among other things, are pretty much impossible). I have zero experience with taking apart hardware and am kind of terrified I will end up breaking it even worse, since I'm not really sure what I'd be looking for if I were to open it up. How hard is it generally to fix this sort of problem? Is it just a matter of nudging something back into place?

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

melodicwaffle posted:

I'm having a problem with my TES+ where down+right on the stick isn't registering properly. It's not totally dead but only registers about half the time, and almost never when going into it from down (meaning basic qcfs, among other things, are pretty much impossible). I have zero experience with taking apart hardware and am kind of terrified I will end up breaking it even worse, since I'm not really sure what I'd be looking for if I were to open it up. How hard is it generally to fix this sort of problem? Is it just a matter of nudging something back into place?

I'm not sure if you would see anything wrong when taking apart, but the TES is easy to unscrew and just look at the internals without loving up anything. If theres some obvious dog-hair or some poo poo maybe you would see it.

Also if this is only new for you with this particular stick, it might just be different parts than you are used to? Every brand of joystick will feel different, and Sanwas especially have a long throw compared to a lot of other things.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

melodicwaffle posted:

As someone who is also an electronic scaredy-cat working on a stick is probably one of the best ways to get started in the field. there's honestly not much that you can mess up outside of the PCB that would cost you a lot of money to fix it if you hosed it up. It's not that hard and when you get to know your way around the stick electronics it's really super easy.

my first guess with this would be just to open it up and look at the wires and make sure there's nothing shorting, and then look at the switches to make sure they're seated correctly.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

a new lever costs like 14.99 so you could just get a new one and switch it out and see if it works better.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Is the upcoming Mad Catz Tekken PS4 stick just a rebrand of the current SF5 one? Google fu isn't working as well as it should.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

its just a TE2+ with different art

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Real hurthling! posted:

its just a TE2+ with different art

Thanks, that's what I thought but a friend is saying it's different.

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

Went ahead and opened it up (tip: open a TES+ from the top, not the bottom, the bottom screws are a nightmare). Everything seemed wired up fine, no loose cables or anything. I think the problem was the stick getting loose over time (probably thanks to my weird grip), so I tried tightening it a bit. The input diagram in Revelator still shows some wonkiness going between 2 and 3 but now it's stable enough that it's not as big a problem. I'll look into it on a different night when I'm not also planning to take apart a PS4 for a hard drive upgrade; it feels like inviting too much potential bad luck at once :shepface:

At least I know what it looks like in there now! And now I know how to take off the face plate for a custom one sometime in the future. Thanks everyone :)

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

ah, so you tightened the nut at the bottom of the stick? Good stuff.

Honestly the new hinged sticks make it super easy to do what you want to, if you're interested in learning then check out the SRK tech talk forum and try to block out the horrible population there or just find youtube how-to videos.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Elephunk posted:

Ivy's crouching triangle that flipped people out of the ring over her own head was the best.

My buddy was the best at baiting you to the edge and hitting with it.

Then he would tell "FLIP SAUNDERS" which I think is a football joke or something.

The number of memes my friends and I have for SC2 moves is staggering.

Favourites include individual names for all the moves that involve characters being hit in the dick and screaming "Bite to face" whenever Voldo lands a command grab.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Namco's founder passed away last week

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

In February, 2017 of the new Japanese era there is a man trying to rule the NEOGEO World. "I will topple NeoGeo's most powerful warriors and put myself on the throne!". We knew that if he managed to obtain NeoGeo world's awesome power, world domination would not be far from his reach. This man, who sat at the heart of the "WAREZ Conglomerate" with overwhelming financial power behind him, had already set out on his ambitious path to gain NeoGeo World's power. Those who knew the truth of his intentions were already trembling with fear... As NeoGeo World drew closer to the verge of disaster, a WAREZ sponsored fighting competition was announced. This event is called "NEOGEO BATTLE COLISEUM". The Federal Government is worried about the situation, and has secretly dispatched its two best secret agents, Yuki and Ai. A world on the verge of eternal darkness... The future of NEOGEO World is now in the hands of the warriors.

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

finally the world has caught up to the future seen in NeoGeo Battle Coliseum

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

I want Neo Geo Battle Colosseum 2.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

In Training posted:

Tatsunoku vs Capcom seems like an alright game, was it ever very popular in the FGC
TvC is a fun game for like the first two weeks you play it before you actually learn it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

mango sentinel posted:

TvC is a fun game for like the first two weeks you play it before you actually learn it.

This is how I always assumed Capcom Fighting Jam would be but every time I'm like "c'mon it would be fun to be Jedah and a dinosaur" people are like NO DON'T BOTHER THAT GAME SUCKS