Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
Great.

We now have internment camps for muslims essentially.

We the people did this.

God dammit America.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I've lived in sc my whole life, I'm hardly unfamiliar with guns but just didn't feel the need to have one myself until the great chalky uprising started looking like a real threat this week

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
I haven't had a firearm since my son was born, but I'm probably going to pick up an SKS or some AK variant.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

It's bad for the feds if they're being ordered about by nazis.

I gotta imagine there's some heavy pressure getting thrown down through the DHS chain-of-command to the dudes on the ground, stuff like "ignoring an EO makes you liable to get fired/arrested, herr soldaten" :commissar:

Didn't the Mass District Court send US Marshals to Logan to enforce the ruling?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Has anybody heard from the Oath Keepers? They must be furious at this federal overreach!

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

shame on an IGA posted:

yeah I just got back from picking an 870 for when yokel haram comes a knockin

So whats the best ammo for a home defense shotgun?

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
no but you can take their intelligence class, so you'll be prepared to conduct "intelligence collection and analysis post-SHTF"

"Winning conflict is about advantages. The more advantages you can stack, the more likely you are to win. Intelligence is a critical advantage, and you can learn these skills on 18-20 February. Oath Keepers get a 10% discount for this course -- just use promo code OKNASH at check out."

lmaooooo these dudes.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

im in CT so woooo gun buying is a blast

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Guiliani is such a dumbass
https://twitter.com/HadiNili/status/825753351853846530

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Maybe all sides of America's fractured polity can come together and heal by bonding over our shared existential fear of bearded, highly religious, economically disadvantaged male youths driving heavily armed pickup trucks flying the flag of a non-state actor

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

A lot of guys have to be fired now, no? Some border control schmoe can't just defy a federal court order etc. and show up to his job the next day like it's no big thang?

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

ded posted:

So whats the best ammo for a home defense shotgun?

puckin seeds

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

aphid_licker posted:

A lot of guys have to be fired now, no? Some border control schmoe can't just defy a federal court order etc. and show up to his job the next day like it's no big thang?

you sweet sweet summer child

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

aphid_licker posted:

Just following orders.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Great.

We now have internment camps for muslims essentially.

We the people did this.

God dammit America.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

i don't even know wtf anymore

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

aphid_licker posted:

"I was only following orders"

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

CommieGIR posted:

I haven't had a firearm since my son was born, but I'm probably going to pick up an SKS or some AK variant.

SKS's suck for a variety of reasons that make them not worth buying compared to an AK or AR. Kick up the extra few hundred for something far less frustrating just in the magazine department.

My brother bought one during one of the Obamaramas and it is far and away the most useless gun in his cabinet. All sorts of Bubba furniture including a mag well "fix" so it could accept ak mags.

The SKS was a great farm or woods gun when it was $150 all day anywhere that carried them. Now? Lol.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I was thinking about getting my firearms license (:canada:) but the delay on complete course + submit application -> get license is long enough that it will legitimately be faster to wait for the collapse of western society and then just go loot a Canadian Tire.

:popeye:

The SKS was a great farm or woods gun when it was $150 all day anywhere that carried them. Now? Lol.

Oh man they're still super cheap up here in Canada. Around 225-250 CAD, which is about $180 USD.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

SKS's suck for a variety of reasons that make them not worth buying compared to an AK or AR. Kick up the extra few hundred for something far less frustrating just in the magazine department.

My brother bought one during one of the Obamaramas and it is far and away the most useless gun in his cabinet. All sorts of Bubba furniture including a mag well "fix" so it could accept ak mags.

I've had SKS before, never had a lot of issues with them.

But yeah, maybe I need to spend another $200 and get an AK variant. I'm not actually ever expecting to use it, but it'll be nice to have.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Get a G3 clone. Not practical I guess but they look cool and that's why I bought one. Also it can take a beating

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
gently caress can we just light this civil war off already. Also I usually keep my mouth shut.....but holy gently caress now some of you dudes that were pro gun control are seeing the value in firearms and the right to self defense. Oath Keeper retards and most of the retarded gun community not withstanding. I really really really wish Democrats would lay the gently caress off gun control poo poo because whelp look where we are now. I'm honestly considering what the gently caress I'm going to do if this erupts into a civil war or whatever the gently caress.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Mike-o posted:

gently caress can we just light this civil war off already. Also I usually keep my mouth shut.....but holy gently caress now some of you dudes that were pro gun control are seeing the value in firearms and the right to self defense. Oath Keeper retards and most of the retarded gun community not withstanding. I really really really wish Democrats would lay the gently caress off gun control poo poo because whelp look where we are now. I'm honestly considering what the gently caress I'm going to do if this erupts into a civil war or whatever the gently caress.

I'll probably just leave the country if I can manage it. I don't really feel like pulling the trigger on someone in a civil war.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

FastestGunAlive posted:

Get a G3 clone. Not practical I guess but they look cool and that's why I bought one. Also it can take a beating

The PTR-91 is loving enormous, even for my 6'3" self. loving thing is like a 4 foot long boat anchor

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

TBeats posted:

I'll probably just leave the country if I can manage it. I don't really feel like pulling the trigger on someone in a civil war.

Same. But if it comes to it I'm pretty good at what I did in the army :smith:

Hey Duzzy Funlop......uhhh are my parents retarded or were they correct in telling me that since I was born on German soil when my dad was stationed there that I could claim dual citizenship? I really doubt that's the case but if it's true then uhhhhhhh maybe I'm going to pursue that idea.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

CommieGIR posted:

I've had SKS before, never had a lot of issues with them.

But yeah, maybe I need to spend another $200 and get an AK variant. I'm not actually ever expecting to use it, but it'll be nice to have.

My uncle had one that was great, never jammed or misfed or gave him any poo poo. But it was great because it was so cheap, yet there wasn't anything he couldn't do better with his base AR.

I don't know what they run here now in the US, but the last time I mingled in a gun store it was around $500 for one that didn't look like it spent its life being dragged around behind a truck.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Does Springfield still make a nice 9mm pistol? I had one a few years ago. It was pretty rad.

Might now be worth the money now, though. I'm waiting till the SHOT Show for Trump to debut his line of guns.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
I uh what?

http://wapo.st/2kIlKPI

Shits so messed up the Kochs are against it :psyduck:

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

It's still escalating
https://twitter.com/buonasahra/status/825857256247926784

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I uh what?

http://wapo.st/2kIlKPI

Shits so messed up the Kochs are against it :psyduck:

We're all truly well and hosed when the Koch Bros go "wait hang on a second."

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
So this is what Germany was like in the early to mid 1930s huh

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Mike-o posted:

Same. But if it comes to it I'm pretty good at what I did in the army :smith:

Hey Duzzy Funlop......uhhh are my parents retarded or were they correct in telling me that since I was born on German soil when my dad was stationed there that I could claim dual citizenship? I really doubt that's the case but if it's true then uhhhhhhh maybe I'm going to pursue that idea.

I feel like we've had this conversation before, maybe it wasn't you though.
Since I doubt you were born after 2000, you'd have to have at least one parent with German or dual citizenship at the time of birth, if I'm not mistaken.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

TBeats posted:

So this is what Germany was like in the early to mid 1930s huh

We pretty much jumped from 1933 to late 1935 in the time between the election and the inauguration. poo poo's getting Nuremburg Laws up in here

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I wonder how they will hide the death camps from satellite view

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
My mother liked Hair Furor's statement about the travel ban on Facebook. I read through a few of the comments and it's disgusting how many people believe MR PRESIDENT IS DOING WHAT'S RIGHT FOR AMERICA

Jesus Christ

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Bolow posted:

The PTR-91 is loving enormous, even for my 6'3" self. loving thing is like a 4 foot long boat anchor

I'm thinking about buying one because I've always loved how they look. I used to shoot a ton in highschool but I haven't owned a gun of my own since I moved out for college.

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007

Come on. People regularly get detained all the time because customs doesn't like the way you look or walk regardless of country, and you get released after a few hours when they are certain of no smuggling or whatever. It's ludicrous to think every detention is happening because of the EO

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

CHILD RAPE IS FINE WHEN I LIKE THE RAPIST
LOL at you people not buying quality AR-15s or AK variants. FFS, go out and buy yourself a Colt LE6920 or FN rifle and call it a day.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I feel like we've had this conversation before, maybe it wasn't you though.
Since I doubt you were born after 2000, you'd have to have at least one parent with German or dual citizenship at the time of birth, if I'm not mistaken.

Alright well gimme a heads up so you can smuggle me in your luggage when you fly back.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Here, to cheer you all up, have some protest signs.

http://www.universalhub.com/2017/thousands-jam-copley-square-support-muslims-and

Protests goddamn everywhere, from Boise, Idaho to Birmingham, Alabama.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

My mother liked Hair Furor's statement about the travel ban on Facebook. I read through a few of the comments and it's disgusting how many people believe MR PRESIDENT IS DOING WHAT'S RIGHT FOR AMERICA

Jesus Christ

My mother is the same way. Last week she tried to push some spiel about respecting the president, but obviously not to respect obama because Kenyan muslim taking my future millions away so some drug dealing ghetto thug can have an obamaphone.

I'm done calling people out on their poo poo. If facebook died, the world would be a much quieter place.

• Locked thread