Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Alteisen posted:

I can put a down payment on a loving car on my visa but can't use it to add 22.03 so I can buy my weeb game.

gently caress you Sony.

It's extremely finicky with the address. I forgot how I finally got mine to work. I want to say all caps might help? There's a bunch of work arounds online as to what worked for some people. But yeah look at your CC statement and copy that address exactly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

The fact that BF1 is still doing that it is a big part of why I haven't bought it. Felt really burned by BF4's DLC strategy. That game had literally an insane amount of content by the end and no one played anything but the vanilla game. It was so dumb.

The dlc maps were really good, the server filter just had weird issues where it wouldn't show every server if you had the vanilla maps enabled. Once you know about it it was easy to find dlc servers.

They used a diff system starting for bfront and now bf1.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Is there a comprehensive resource I could look at that basically says "here are the games where having a PS4 Pro actually matters" along with what is improved?

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

exquisite tea posted:

Is there a comprehensive resource I could look at that basically says "here are the games where having a PS4 Pro actually matters" along with what is improved?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-playstation-4-pro-game-upgrade-guide

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Thanks, that's just what I was looking for.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

Digital Foundry's Youtube page is really good as a compliment to the list of supported games. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=user?DigitalFoundry

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

exquisite tea posted:

Thanks, that's just what I was looking for.

It's not complete, though... for example, Game of the Year All Years Knack has 4k and 60fps modes.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Do we have a thread devoted to Let It Die, can't seem to find it if we do? Downloaded it and have been having a decent amount of fun so far, though I expect the negative F2P aspects will start to show themselves eventually.

Also, since I literally just got my PS4 a week ago, what are some exclusives I should play? I've gotten Bloodborne, the Odin Sphere remake, infamous second son and first light, anything you guys recommend I pick up?

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

InequalityGodzilla posted:

Do we have a thread devoted to Let It Die, can't seem to find it if we do? Downloaded it and have been having a decent amount of fun so far, though I expect the negative F2P aspects will start to show themselves eventually.

Also, since I literally just got my PS4 a week ago, what are some exclusives I should play? I've gotten Bloodborne, the Odin Sphere remake, infamous second son and first light, anything you guys recommend I pick up?

Yakuza

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Yakuza

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
You might like Yakuza depending on your tolerances but its a safe bet you'll love Uncharted 4.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3800474&pagenumber=52&perpage=40 let it die thread

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

rabidsquid posted:

shooters making map dlc free is just smart because fragmenting the player base with a bunch of different map packs as well as a season pass was always super loving dumb

Gears of War 4 has issues but I like how they handled the maps. They're all free for everyone and rotate in and out on occasion. You can buy them individually or in a season pass if you want to play them anytime in versus mode. Only one person in your group needs to have done so for everyone to be able to play on them.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Never played the previous ones but looking at a few reviews 0 is apparently a solid intro to the series. Would you two agree with that?

Ramagamma posted:

You might like Yakuza depending on your tolerances but its a safe bet you'll love Uncharted 4.
Ehhhh....is Nathan Drake still an insufferable rear end in a top hat? I played most of Uncharted 1 and all of 2 and was just turned off by how much I disliked the guy. Gimme a game where I can play as Sully or that Indian woman from 2.

Edit: Wait, I completely forgot I bought the uncharted 4 bundle to begin with since I've been so focused on Bloodborne and Odin Sphere. Might as well give it a try since I payed for it.

Thanks.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Gimme a game where I can play as Sully or that Indian woman from 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZjx5ao7alw

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Never played the previous ones but looking at a few reviews 0 is apparently a solid intro to the series. Would you two agree with that?

Ehhhh....is Nathan Drake still an insufferable rear end in a top hat? I played most of Uncharted 1 and all of 2 and was just turned off by how much I disliked the guy. Gimme a game where I can play as Sully or that Indian woman from 2.

Edit: Wait, I completely forgot I bought the uncharted 4 bundle to begin with since I've been so focused on Bloodborne and Odin Sphere. Might as well give it a try since I payed for it.

Thanks.

0 is a prequel.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Every Yakuza except 5 are good intros, 0 double so. Get it and lose yourself in slot car racing or hostess maker or out running or on of the other 5000 mitigates while learning about Crime and Honor

But if you like 0,all the others have extensive flashbacks.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
PS+ free games for February are looking like Helldivers and Nom Nom Galaxy. Haven't played Nom, but Helldivers is a good time and I welcome a fresh batch of wide-eyed recruits.

edit: was looking at the wrong year

MikeRabsitch fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jan 30, 2017

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

helldivers was already a plus game tho, wasn't it?

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I'm pretty sure those were the + games for February 2016

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Hell yeah more hell diving

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Lakbay posted:

I'm pretty sure those were the + games for February 2016

Yeah it's a date mix-up. We still don't know what the February games are going to be, which makes sense since it's not February yet and they don't come out till the first Tuesday of the month, so not until next week.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
If you didn't play The Last of Us on PS3, you should play the Remaster on PS4.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUpPYvELLB8

Well that's 60 dollars saved.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Jesus that's horrendous.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

yeah, rip

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

That's a load off my wallet.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Yikes, I really wanted this game to be good but... yikes. WTF did I just watch. :eyepop:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Whoa didn't realise Bioware worked on this

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

:psyduck:

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Quantum of Phallus posted:

it's more like Tommy Wiseau, Bethesda, and Bioware made a game together.

Is the background a freaking static image?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Thanks.

0 is a prequel so it's probably the best intro possible, yea. You'll miss out on all the little easter egg 'haha cool that guy shows up like five games later doing something else like that, neat' but those are minor things. It's got the literal start of the games' storylines finally being told and all the fun of modernized gameplay, best of both worlds.

Also you get to play as one of video games' best characters, Goro Majima, and break dance fight people. You can't go wrong.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

TFRazorsaw posted:

it's more like Tommy Wiseau, Bethesda, and Bioware made a game together.

Missing audio: I'm fed up with this world!

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

So does this take place on that one planet from the Mass Effect 3 ending, only the natural environment selected for maximum awkwardness and cringe?

Quantum of Phallus posted:

:argh:

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
The amount of NPC twitchiness/fidgeting in that puts FFXV to shame.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Seriously though how many first party games from Sony have added up to disappointment at this point?

They've got Uncharted 4 as a solid release and what else?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Holy poo poo, is that a joke? Like how did the voice acting and dialogue get worse from a loving Killzone game

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

exquisite tea posted:

Missing audio: I'm fed up with this world!

"Oh, hi Brom"

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Wow, this is really bad. Like, even by the standards of years ago. How long have they been working on this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Holy poo poo, is that a joke? Like how did the voice acting and dialogue get worse from a loving Killzone game

I'm hoping it's some kind of goof or something because they brought in the lead writer behind Fallout: NV to do this game, and if that's the best he could come up with then..yeesh.