Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

I rolled my eyes so hard they popped out of my head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

GreenMetalSun posted:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

:eyepop:

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
So they aren't trying to attribute that to Avril Lavigne anymore?

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

GreenMetalSun posted:

15 and in the 5th grade? :raise:

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

YeahTubaMike posted:

15 and in the 5th grade? :raise:

Screw you for making me read it again, but I think the idea is that the librarian told her she had to be fifteen to listen to the real music, so she lied and said she was 15.

I mean, none of these things happened, but...

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Can we get :fuckoff: but it says STDH instead

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Dear Internet,

Just stop it with the drat fake letters already

Sincerely
Bob Dylan

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

poisonpill posted:

Dear Internet,

Just stop it with the drat fake letters already

Sincerely
Bob Dylan

Dear poisonpill,

No.

xxoo,

Albert Einstein, Lieutenant Colonel, United States Marine Corps

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Gillmore Girls? Is this letter from the early 2000's or something :psyduck:

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

drat, I saw that this morning and you beat me to posting it. Even the people on Reddit were calling him out on it, and that's pretty bad.

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Gillmore Girls? Is this letter from the early 2000's or something :psyduck:

It says Season 8. Guess what netflix did?

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
With the names being Becky and Chad I'm pretty sure it's meant to be a joke, which of course people start passing around as totally real hilarious neighbourly antics because they're as thick as two short planks.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
The amount of effort that went into that is completely disproportionate to its actual humor

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.

sweeperbravo posted:

The amount of effort that went into that is completely disproportionate to its actual humor

That's too long for a thread title.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

"STOP ENJOYING THINGS AND HAVING EMOTIONS, WOMEN"

Stahlgeist
Nov 19, 2009
"Air Canada"

"your super pissed off neighbors"

:canada:

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Condolences on losing your job

e: I was mixed up with the one other baby who was in the maternity ward at the same time (it was a small town, only one hospital for the whole place). My parents figured out that something was up because I was neither Asian nor a boy, and the doctors figured out that something was up because I had the wrong blood type. My youngest cousin on my mum's side was briefly swapped with another baby and to this day she is horrified by the fact that another mum breastfed her once!!!!! The other mum also tried suing the hospital, whereas my aunt just found it hilarious.

pyf baby swapping hospital hijinks

CROWS EVERYWHERE has a new favorite as of 06:01 on Jan 31, 2017

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Made by someone who obviously has never been in an L&D unit in a hospital.

Good luck switching babies without anyone noticing. The amount of security on L&D floors is mind-boggling.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
this documentary makes it look easy to change babies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI7-GjWmrpM

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Zipperelli. posted:

Made by someone who obviously has never been in an L&D unit in a hospital.

Good luck switching babies without anyone noticing. The amount of security on L&D floors is mind-boggling.

I mean, this is obviously bullshit, but to pick it apart further: even if the issues that killed the one baby weren't obvious via prenatal screening, wouldn't the situation have been obvious, or announced? It's not like the woman was locked in an isolation chamber while the doctors said "ma'am, your baby's... great, just great! Give us a moment, please, to assemble paperwork about how great your baby is" and ran off to try and see if there was a spare baby on the floor they could swap out, all while one ventriloquism-trained nurse (mandatory in Screwball Comedy L&D Units) held the stillborn and made crying noises, in medicine's well-documented "Weekend at Baby's Procedure."

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Antivehicular posted:

I mean, this is obviously bullshit, but to pick it apart further: even if the issues that killed the one baby weren't obvious via prenatal screening, wouldn't the situation have been obvious, or announced? It's not like the woman was locked in an isolation chamber while the doctors said "ma'am, your baby's... great, just great! Give us a moment, please, to assemble paperwork about how great your baby is" and ran off to try and see if there was a spare baby on the floor they could swap out, all while one ventriloquism-trained nurse (mandatory in Screwball Comedy L&D Units) held the stillborn and made crying noises, in medicine's well-documented "Weekend at Baby's Procedure."

I am a doctor* and I can confirm that this is exactly what happens.

*as far as you know

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Dear neighbors who were partying last night, which is a thing people do from time to time:

This is your passive-aggressive neighbor who couldn't bear the thought of either a) letting this go because for fucks sake it was one night, or b) speaking to you in person about this. Instead, I wrote you a long letter with absolutely no guarantee you'd read it, just in case you forgot I was a douchey, whiny crybaby who freaks out over the occasional party that *gasp* goes late. Please don't ask me, on the rare instance you'd see me in the hallway and have any desire to talk to me (please talk to me please), why I thought a letter would be a good idea.
This is why I have no friends, a fact which surprises no one who knows me.

Your Spergy Neighbor

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008

Antivehicular posted:

I like the implication that "single mother" must obviously mean "completely alone in the world with no other family who might be interested in the incoming baby's welfare". Nevermind the living kid and parents finding out the hard way they're genetically unrelated somewhere down the line and having no clue how or why. Thankfully the story didn't happen.

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

You have to follow the beat!
I just had a relative relay a story of a nurse who had stomach pains and then had a baby on the floor of her apartment without even knowing she was pregnant in the first place. You see she had been taking diet pills and so lost weight instead of gaining weight (maybe she was very overweight to begin with)

I'm not well read on the rabbit hole that is the lady parts and the functions of all that stuff but it seem very hard to believe that A a woman could carry a baby to term without A: even suspecting pregnancy and B: that she was also a loving nurse.

But the woman who retold this story had several children herself and she had no problems believing in the story so what do I know. Her daughter asked why the woman in the story didn't question her missing period and the response was that she was on birth control pills.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Dejawesp posted:

I just had a relative relay a story of a nurse who had stomach pains and then had a baby on the floor of her apartment without even knowing she was pregnant in the first place. You see she had been taking diet pills and so lost weight instead of gaining weight (maybe she was very overweight to begin with)

I'm not well read on the rabbit hole that is the lady parts and the functions of all that stuff but it seem very hard to believe that A a woman could carry a baby to term without A: even suspecting pregnancy and B: that she was also a loving nurse.

But the woman who retold this story had several children herself and she had no problems believing in the story so what do I know. Her daughter asked why the woman in the story didn't question her missing period and the response was that she was on birth control pills.

I believe it because I've seen it with my own 2 eyes. Multiple times. Not the actually delivering a full-term baby without prior knowledge, but I've definitely met women 6, 8, even a full 9 months pregnant, with no idea.

I'm sure it's mostly psychological, but there are women who get incredibly irregular menstrual cycles, so it would be difficult to track, paving the way for going 6 months without a period, and not thinking twice about it.

That and the morbidly obese. Long story short, she was 826 lbs (I'll never forget that weight as long as I live) and a full 40 weeks pregnant. Obviously it was impossible to tell she was pregnant because of her sizeable girth, but when she went to the ER because she'd been cramping for a couple weeks, they drat sure saw the baby on ultrasound.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

There's an entire TV show about it with over 90 episodes

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

haha yeah show that stupid dumbass fucker haha what a pissdrip, haha #woke

KawaiiAtomicBombs
Apr 15, 2016

~Ka-Boom~

GreenMetalSun posted:

A growing boy girl needs his her lunch

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

"Then why the gently caress were you reading it?"

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Gotta love how he brought up the pay gap in this thing :confused:

Dejawesp posted:

I'm not well read on the rabbit hole that is the lady parts and the functions of all that stuff
:goonsay:

Also https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denial_of_pregnancy

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryptic_pregnancy which links from yours

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

dude thinks a game company is on to him

http://www.wondergamer.net/reviews/vindictive_retaliation_to_negative_reviews.htm

lmao

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Jesus Christ, that website design.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Holy poo poo, that web design reminded me of this treasure which is somehow still online

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Danaru posted:

Holy poo poo, that web design reminded me of this treasure which is somehow still online

Thanks, that was a blast from the past. And still being updated, wow!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice