Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Hannibal owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

There's an episode where someone puts their social worker inside a horse. Like, literally inside a horse and sews it up.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ch-fk58J08w

One of the greatest moments in television history.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Hannibal is probably one of my top 10 shows of all time for the visuals alone.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Gorilla Salad posted:

In an episode that also featured a murder turducken.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Catching up on Lethal Weapon.

How did Matt Miller so thoroughly gently caress up Human Target but get this so right?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Amazon renewed Red Oaks and Mozart in the Jungle. For Red Oaks it will be the final season.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Good Place was also renewed

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Gorilla Salad posted:

God I miss Hannibal.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So apparently Paul Feig is trying to drum up interest in a second season of Other Space, his sci-fi comedy series that was on the terrible Yahoo Screen service.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

It just doesn't come across like a parody, is the thing. It comes across as wasted potential. "This is the best we could do."

I can see not thinking it's good, but I don't think "wasted potential" fits at all. Everything the people making the show did is very deliberately pointed to achieving the end result of a gorgeous, atmospheric horror series which is about as believable as a Dario Argento movie.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

muscles like this! posted:

So apparently Paul Feig is trying to drum up interest in a second season of Other Space, his sci-fi comedy series that was on the terrible Yahoo Screen service.

I watched the first two episodes and it was pretty bad.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I liked it a lot, and would like to see Milana Vayntrub in more not-AT&T-commercial things.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Maxwell Lord posted:

I liked it a lot, and would like to see Milana Vayntrub in more not-AT&T-commercial things.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1kmOtdHcZ0

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Leah Remini's show about Scientology is reallllllly good.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Rocksicles posted:

I agree with this statement and encourage more people to watch it

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

quote:

The agency’s new chairman, Ajit Pai, has removed from its agenda consideration of a proposal that would have made it possible for independent manufacturers to sell boxes that could replace the ones providers supply. The FCC says that 99% of subscribers pay an average of $231 a year to lease the boxes, even well after they’ve covered the cost of the devices.
Bye-Bye Cable Box

Associated Press

Former FCC chairman Tom Wheeler led the charge for a rule that would have required pay TV distributors to offer subscribers free, FCC-approved apps that they could download to the device of their choice to watch programming.

Congress ordered the FCC in several laws to find a way to give subscribers an alternative to the operator-provided boxes that unencrypt transmissions. For example, a 2014 law governing satellite services told regulators to come up with “a not unduly burdensome, uniform, and technology- and platform neutral software-based downloadable security system” to provide competition.

But opponents, including Pai, said that Wheeler’s proposal would interfere with arrangements that networks make with distributors about advertising, security, and channel placement, among other things.

The MPAA sided with cable and satellite companies, and cheered Pai’s decision.

Trump!

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Maxwell Lord posted:

She's mentioned in this article, and this part is instructive

quote:

When Vayntrub got the news, she was on a callback for a network comedy. She had been asked to return to audition for the producers. “They said, ‘For this callback, they really want you, they love what you did. They just want you to be sexier, dress a little sexier.’ I didn’t listen to that and wore exactly what I wore to the first audition. So I go, and it’s twelve men,” Vayntrub said. She joked, “And I was, like, no wonder you shits wanted me to wear a short skirt while I stand here in front of you.”

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2015/04/06/the-nerd-hunter

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

It would be great if it got a second season, it didn't grab me at first but there's some really inspired writing and concepts as it goes on and the actors in it are all hilarious. I'm glad that Karan Soni keeps popping up in things (most notably Deadpool) and a few of the Other Space cast had small roles in Ghostbusters: Pointless Subtitle (because of Feig, no doubt).

Speaking of space comedies does anyone elese one wonder sometimes what Boldly Going Nowhere would have been like?

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Feb 1, 2017

JUICY HAMBUGAR
Nov 10, 2010

Eating, America's pastime.

All right, all right, all right.

You, me and the bay at Monterey.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Rocksicles posted:

There's something infuriatingly tone deaf about a network's site asking me to log in with my cable company, when I do in fact pay a cable company for my internet, and then being told my company won't let me watch the show on the website, which only makes me go "well okay then have it your way I'll just pirate it, goddamn people"

Like seriously this is 2017 here A&E. :psyduck:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

precision posted:

There's something infuriatingly tone deaf about a network's site asking me to log in with my cable company, when I do in fact pay a cable company for my internet, and then being told my company won't let me watch the show on the website, which only makes me go "well okay then have it your way I'll just pirate it, goddamn people"

Like seriously this is 2017 here A&E. :psyduck:

Well do you pay your cable company for cable? If not I don't see a problem here.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

X-O posted:

Well do you pay your cable company for cable? If not I don't see a problem here.

I think you have it right here, but I have had the baffling situation of having a valid satellite login that pays for alllll the channels and yet whatever website it was didn't want a directv login. I'm sure it's some bullshit contract terms between them but it does happen.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

IRQ posted:

I think you have it right here, but I have had the baffling situation of having a valid satellite login that pays for alllll the channels and yet whatever website it was didn't want a directv login. I'm sure it's some bullshit contract terms between them but it does happen.

Yeah, this does happen as well. Notably the Starz app doesn't work with Comcast because of some pissing match they had. Yet all the Starz stuff is available in the Comcast On Demand app so it doesn't really matter.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Check Netflix, check Hulu, check *sigh* ...Crackle.

Not available? Pirate with zero moral dilemma, you've done 150% of the required due diligence if you check loving crackle before googling 'TV SHOW NAME HERE + streaming'. Which is the legit simpler and easier method. Pirate streaming sites don't even have that super compressed tinny audio anymore, poo poo's got nice bass 2 minutes after it's finished airing.

EDIT: Oh yeah Amazon Prime as well, forgot about that

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Feb 2, 2017

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Almost always available for sale on itunes and amazon video streaming

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mu Zeta posted:

Amazon's video streaming is irritating as hell. "Here's a lot of stuff but here's a show from the 80's and only every 5th episode is available to watch for free."

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Mu Zeta posted:

Or Vudu or Google play.

The only stuff that doesn't allow you to purchase right after it airs is HBO, Starz, and Showtime. But you can subscribe to all of them without cable if you want.

I don't like the way cable is bundled and I sure don't like its quality, but the whole piracy cry rings pretty hollow now. You can get pretty much everything for $15-$30 a season if you want it before it goes to Amazon or Netflix after the season is done.

I'm not going to vilify you for pirating, but you can't claim it's not easy or affordable to get whatever you want legally.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
How is Black Sails so loving gorgeous? That premiere was an absolute spectacular

Is Starz throwing more money at this show than I'm thinking, is CG in 2017 really affordable and just looks this good by default or is the show just really clever at hiding all of the flaws?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Its funny because if you go back and look at the first season their CG was just poo poo.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I kind of recall it being poo poo in Season 1 and the budget being the main reason that 90% of season one doesn't take place on the ocean. That's the surprising thing, don't shows normally start off with big budgets and get cut down further and further to justify another season?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

X-O posted:

I actually do, the message I get is something like "streaming isn't supported by that carrier". We don't use our cable, and don't even have a cable box (we could, or should, we just don't bother).

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

Looten Plunder posted:

Yeah, I kind of recall it being poo poo in Season 1 and the budget being the main reason that 90% of season one doesn't take place on the ocean. That's the surprising thing, don't shows normally start off with big budgets and get cut down further and further to justify another season?

Not sure exactly how it all works, but for the first season at least you'd need to spend a bunch on costumes and sets, so if the budget stays the same moving forward you can throw more at things like CGI and beards.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I pay a lot of money for Dish and they don't even offer CW HD anymore. Something about arguing with the carrier. I can watch it with the CW app but it still chaps my rear end. I enjoy fast forwarding through all the commercials god drat it.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Inspector 34 posted:

Not sure exactly how it all works, but for the first season at least you'd need to spend a bunch on costumes and sets, so if the budget stays the same moving forward you can throw more at things like CGI and beards.

So many beards, season 4 is the beard season.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
So many weird shaped heads as well. Every one of Ragnars sons just look odd

Side note, the creator of the show did a (pretty bad) AMA on Reddit today. Interestingly, Torvi and Helga are the guys daughters.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Looten Plunder posted:

So many weird shaped heads as well. Every one of Ragnars sons just look odd

Side note, the creator of the show did a (pretty bad) AMA on Reddit today. Interestingly, Torvi and Helga are the guys daughters.

They're not talking about Vikings.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The Expanse is still great. They doubled down on the weird accents in the season premiere and I love it.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

"Woof woof cowabunga thanks for the blowjob!" The third part of Man Seeking Woman was the highlight of the season so far.

GreenNight posted:

I pay a lot of money for Dish and they don't even offer CW HD anymore. Something about arguing with the carrier. I can watch it with the CW app but it still chaps my rear end. I enjoy fast forwarding through all the commercials god drat it.
Not even Comcast gets in as many disputes as Dish Network.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Back to Twin Peaks staring Archie, this is apparently a thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sa0XZmn76kc

Personally I liked this one better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBojt6fDVvw

We need a Riverdale thread. It is cool and good.

• Locked thread