Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

https://twitter.com/nullpointr/status/825702032422100992

After adding enough mayo to moisten, replace the CPU and lock it into place

Now that's what I call a sandwich!

Or is it a pizza?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Goddamnit Jenkins, it's "ZING," it's "ZING," damnit! Not "ZIF!"

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

The General posted:

Once I wasn't a huge fan of the sandwich I was given. You know what I did?

I ate it. All of it :aaaaa:
the thing about this derail is, the loving teenager who usually deals with complete assholes (most of the public is or becomes complete assholes as soon as they interact with someone they have petty amounts of power over, such as fast food and other retail clerks; this is common knowledge) has no way to tell that you're going to be a cool adult who knows how to deal with disappointments in a sandwich you spent $5 for. Most people would completely overreact if they paid $5 for a sandwich and got something they didn't like, so OF COURSE the loving kid at the loving Subway is going to try to avoid that, it's not their fault that most people are assholes to retail clerks and they're not psychic enough to know you're an exception, especially when you're opening the interaction by throwing out the script (the script at Subway is you tell them what you want; breaking script is one sign of the Entitled rear end in a top hat Customer)

People making fun of you for wanting to try a surprise sandwich are wrong but you're loving stupid for blaming the "sandwich artist" for having pattern recognition skills about dealing with customers in general who are not you

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

InediblePenguin posted:

the thing about this derail is, the loving teenager who usually deals with complete assholes (most of the public is or becomes complete assholes as soon as they interact with someone they have petty amounts of power over, such as fast food and other retail clerks; this is common knowledge) has no way to tell that you're going to be a cool adult who knows how to deal with disappointments in a sandwich you spent $5 for. Most people would completely overreact if they paid $5 for a sandwich and got something they didn't like, so OF COURSE the loving kid at the loving Subway is going to try to avoid that, it's not their fault that most people are assholes to retail clerks and they're not psychic enough to know you're an exception, especially when you're opening the interaction by throwing out the script (the script at Subway is you tell them what you want; breaking script is one sign of the Entitled rear end in a top hat Customer)

People making fun of you for wanting to try a surprise sandwich are wrong but you're loving stupid for blaming the "sandwich artist" for having pattern recognition skills about dealing with customers in general who are not you

I will admit that when going to Subway and getting a sandwich I have not tried before, I will often ask the sandwich maker "So, what do you recommend with that? Haven't tried one before."

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Samizdata posted:

I will admit that when going to Subway and getting a sandwich I have not tried before, I will often ask the sandwich maker "So, what do you recommend with that? Haven't tried one before."
that's so much more reasonable than "surprise me" with no further input and then getting indignant about how unimaginative subway sandwich artists are

e: like, when I worked retail (designing business cards at Staples), the people who would give NO INPUT WHATSOEVER were always the ones who expected literal mind-reading and would complain about the thing not living up to the expectations they had refused to share; the people who had a vague idea and straight-up asked me for input beyond that were usually reasonable; there's a difference?

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Not Food Network appears to be back on Twitter
https://twitter.com/FoodNetwerk/status/825875462299725824

LIKE A ANIMAL

root beer has a new favorite as of 02:25 on Jan 30, 2017

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
That turd is not going down without a fight :stonk:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
As it conforms to all known pizza rules ,that turd is a pizza.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Hirayuki posted:

Tapenade? Which, while delicious, also belongs here, incidentally:

Wasn't tapenade, it was a mayo-based dressing with olives in it and other spices I've never been able to quite figure out. I'm probably overthinking it.

Also Togo's never suffered from the Subway weird bread smell problem because all their bread is baked in this one big factory in the middle of San Jose that I used to drive by every morning :yum:

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Data Graham posted:

Also Togo's never suffered from the Subway weird bread smell problem because all their bread is baked in this one big factory in the middle of San Jose that I used to drive by every morning :yum:

Sadly not any longer. There was one in LA too.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Titus Sardonicus posted:

Not Food Network appears to be back on Twitter
https://twitter.com/FoodNetwerk/status/825875462299725824

LIKE A ANIMAL

Gone again

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://mobile.twitter.com/FrickeCody/status/825736155551371265

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Aw, I hope this wasn't some short hypomanic episode and he'll disappear for another year :(

NO PIZZA RULES

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Titus Sardonicus posted:

Aw, I hope this wasn't some short hypomanic episode and he'll disappear for another year :(

NO PIZZA RULES
this makes me so goddamn angry

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Yawgmoth posted:

this makes me so goddamn angry

same but hangry

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Aesop Poprock posted:

What the gently caress?
sous vide, man

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Titus Sardonicus posted:

NO PIZZA RULES

I'd gently caress that up... Like an animal.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

I actually like pineapple on pizza (though I prefer bacon over ham in such cases), but how do you even make a pizza like that? Probably put the pineapple on after it's baked, right?

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Titus Sardonicus posted:

I actually like pineapple on pizza (though I prefer bacon over ham in such cases), but how do you even make a pizza like that? Probably put the pineapple on after it's baked, right?

It looks like a cold rear end slice of fridge or freezer pizza too, also in the TIMG I thought it was a roughly chopped onion

RandomZero
Aug 22, 2010

Pineapple on pizza :(

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

RandomZero posted:

Pineapple on pizza :(

The pineapple on pizza anger meme is weird. I'm older than her and pineapple on pizza has been normal my entire life, and I've seen winters that would make her end up like Jack Nicholson at the end of The Shining.

:colbert:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

CommonShore posted:

The pineapple on pizza anger meme is weird. I'm older than her and pineapple on pizza has been normal my entire life, and I've seen winters that would make her end up like Jack Nicholson at the end of The Shining.

:colbert:

Grandpa, you're arguing with a meme again. Those have a tendency to be exaggerated and hyperbolized! Like Harry Potter nerds when it came to Delores Umbridge.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

RareAcumen posted:

Grandpa, you're arguing with a meme again. Those have a tendency to be exaggerated and hyperbolized! Like Harry Potter nerds when it came to Delores Umbridge.

I love a good cup of organ failure in the morning.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Noodles with broth, chicken, and peppers? Yeah, would.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Ramos posted:

Noodles with brothflavor packets, sriracha, peanut butter, chicken, and peppers.

Still would?

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

MariusLecter posted:

Still would?

Still would.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

MariusLecter posted:

Still would?

Instant noodles have delicious flavor packets.

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014

Mymla posted:

Instant noodles have delicious flavor packets.

The heady and intoxicating taste of deadly sodium levels.

Good thing my raging boner would offset the peak in blood pressure, saving my life while I ate it off the floor like an animal.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
Since when do you have to use all of it

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

bad posts ahead!!! posted:

Since when do you have to use all of it

It would be wasteful not to. I mean, there's still like 2/3s of a packet there.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
Be frugal and save it for your next ramen meal or perhaps a dry rub. Delicious MSG can't go to waste.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Poor man's pad thai. Actually pretty drat delicious.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Titus Sardonicus posted:

NO PIZZA RULES

Pineapple on pizza is great. However, with pizza, "less is more."

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

what about pineapple in chili?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLhYb7gDo6c

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

I'm more intrigued by the cola in it. Is this a normal thing?

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
No chili rules.

A lot of rich foods benefit from a bit of acidity, sugar, and bitterness and cola has become the wonder ingredient by adding all 3 and being incredibly widespread.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I'm a chili Ceauşescu.

Don't put soda in your food, what is wrong with you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I'll use brown sugar and hot sauce to hit the sweet and sour requirements but I've seen plenty of people turn their nose up at coke chili and the dump a can of beer in instead like its any different.

e. Everybody's chili recipe is the worst so it deserves legal immunity like pizza is what I'm trying to say