Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

BottleKnight (1): chaoslord
Tobbs Gnawed (1): Kashuno
Absurd Revolver (1): peramene, Grandicap, peramene

Not Voting (10): Absurd Revolver, Bifauxnen, BottleKnight, CCKeane, IllegallySober, King Burgundy, Mithross, Mr. F!, peramene, Tobbs Gnawed

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 01st, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 8 hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

IllegallySober posted:

Several people have stated their vote preference (including myself) but don't want to be wrong with a claimed triple voter plus a ways until deadline.

I think that's a bad idea because if tobbs is a triple voter and votes out town early just lynch him

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

IllegallySober posted:

Now that we are three nights in, potentially there are people who could have cleared out a job and started a new one.

What are people's thoughts on claiming? I know some of us already have and I've been tight-lipped on mine because early on I didn't think it made a lot of sense to reveal it, but I'm starting to think at this point it may be more beneficial than not.

FYI, most people have responded to this in some way, either by claiming or sharing their thoughts on claiming, but not all. The people that haven't should really comment on it one way or the other rather then just ignoring it.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Kashuno posted:

13 alive and only 3 votes out there.

I'll put my vote down once the events are done. Currently I think BK makes the most sense.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CapitalistPig posted:

The Warriors return to the wreck of Cid's Airship and discover that Cid left a note detailing what he would need to make another airship, with an improved design.
They take the plans to Refia's Father , Takka, the blacksmith, and have him outfit the Enterprise with the gear turning it into The Invincible!

The Warriors speak once more with the elders and are told that the Earth Crystal lies below, on the surface world, a world swept with darkness.

They decide that they must go there and with the power of the final crystal they would be able to reverse the Darkness.

When they descend into the surface they find that it has been completely overrun with a mass of dark clouds obscuring everything except a small island with a shipwreck.

They head there.

They find an old man tending to a wounded woman who seems to be some kind of priestess.

When you come near she awakens and tells them she is a water priestess and about how she was attacked by Gutsco who stole the water crystal, but she senses that you have absorbed the power of the crystal.

The old man suggests the Warriors travel to speak with the Scholar and Great Wizard Doga and give them directions.

But as they fly there the are shot down and Crash!

They land in a field near a huge city.

What shall they do?

A.) Visit the city to the north.
B.) Head South
C.) Head West
D. Head East

Haven't played the game, but visiting the city seems like an obvious choice. It's either that or pick a direction randomly.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

King Burgundy posted:

FYI, most people have responded to this in some way, either by claiming or sharing their thoughts on claiming, but not all. The people that haven't should really comment on it one way or the other rather then just ignoring it.

I agree. Who has yet to comment specifically on it? I'll try to go back and look but if somebody has it handy, let's out the lurkers.

Also, deadline now tomorrow evening- thanks, CPig.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

King Burgundy posted:

Haven't played the game, but visiting the city seems like an obvious choice. It's either that or pick a direction randomly.

I haven't played either but since we know the city is to the north of where we crashed, might be worth pulling up a map and seeing what lies in what direction. I doubt it's really random.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

votefinder posted:

Votecount for Day 4

Not Voting (10): Absurd Revolver, Bifauxnen, BottleKnight, CCKeane, IllegallySober, King Burgundy, Mithross, Mr. F!, peramene, Tobbs Gnawed

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 01st, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 8 hours.

Mr. F should not be in this list- we lynched him yesterday.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

IllegallySober posted:

I agree. Who has yet to comment specifically on it? I'll try to go back and look but if somebody has it handy, let's out the lurkers.

Also, deadline now tomorrow evening- thanks, CPig.

Bif was the one that I noticed specifically avoided the question as she posted not too long after and didn't mention it. And she's commented on other people's claims. But I'm sure there are others(I mean, BK is obvious since he isn't posting at all, but that's a gimmie). I"ll look later if no one beats me to it.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

IllegallySober posted:

Mr. F should not be in this list- we lynched him yesterday.

what are you talking about I don't see him in there.

Votecount for Day 4

Not Voting (9): Absurd Revolver, Bifauxnen, BottleKnight, CCKeane, IllegallySober, King Burgundy, Mithross, peramene, Tobbs Gnawed

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 01st, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 8 hours.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

D isn't a nihilist option. That makes me sad. I'm all for going to the city, it seems like how you would progress the "plot".

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
The fact that we got shot down near a large city suggests that said large city may not be friendly.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Kashuno posted:

I think that's a bad idea because if tobbs is a triple voter and votes out town early just lynch him

I'm not planning to use my ability.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I found a video for FFIII where they are shot down, but didn't see anything relevant to our answers in it. They are shot down at the 7:30ish mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pC8f-IgI_I

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

King Burgundy posted:

I found a video for FFIII where they are shot down, but didn't see anything relevant to our answers in it. They are shot down at the 7:30ish mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pC8f-IgI_I

Am I correct then that we would be in the upper-left area of this map?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I couldn't find anything that seemed helpful in a FAQ either. I'd vote to just go to the city cause it's not like you go around trying to dodge whole towns in an RPG. Also a wise hero once said: if it's a trap, that means it's part of the plot, and you gotta follow the plot.

As for the claiming question, I think it has been helpful on the whole. Especially to have at least one person come forward with details on different jobs, so we know what's available to pick from. I've been reluctant to share my own claims so far since I haven't had anything that could shed new light on the night actions. (like finding out monks get a nexus, for instance) I preferred to keep scum guessing as to what I could do. But pinning down more who all's claiming what might be worthwhile. Are you asking whether we should massclaim?

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
I'm going to throw out my guess here, which is that D is actually still a nihilism option, we just don't know it yet.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Mithross posted:

I'm going to throw out my guess here, which is that D is actually still a nihilism option, we just don't know it yet.

I agree, because if I'm right about where we are on the map, there's nothing but water to the east.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Wouldn't the true nihilist option be for none of us to select a direction at all? :aaaaa:

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bifauxnen posted:

As for the claiming question, I think it has been helpful on the whole. Especially to have at least one person come forward with details on different jobs, so we know what's available to pick from. I've been reluctant to share my own claims so far since I haven't had anything that could shed new light on the night actions. (like finding out monks get a nexus, for instance) I preferred to keep scum guessing as to what I could do. But pinning down more who all's claiming what might be worthwhile. Are you asking whether we should massclaim?

My thoughts are that at a minimum we should be sharing what each class does. If anyone has class knowledge that hasn't been shared they should do so. Mass claiming could be good since it forces the scum to put themselves on the hook for their actions/etc, but I can go either way on it since I can see the value of keeping them guessing. It may be too early.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

A

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Is there a class we dont know what it does yet? Having hit 5 at red mage I might as well check something else out.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

chaoslord posted:

Is there a class we dont know what it does yet? Having hit 5 at red mage I might as well check something else out.

I've got notes on this, writing up a quick effort list now

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Bifauxnen posted:

I've got notes on this, writing up a quick effort list now

I was hoping somebody was keeping track. Thanks, Bif :)

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Here's all the notes I have:

Wind Crystal jobs:
Warrior - ??? no one seems to have any interest in this one except Kash who hasn't actually got around to taking it yet?
Monk - 1-shot Nexus at lv 1, another 1-shot Nexus at lv 3. At lv 5 can reflect night actions against their users?!
White Mage - 1-shot doc at lv 1, another 1-shot doc at lv 3, WALL spell at lv 5 (blocks all night actions, not just kills)
Black Mage - 1-shot vig at lv 1, another 1-shot vig at lv 3, Tobbs-style jailer who can choose to kill the target at lv 5
Red Mage - no action at lv 1, 1-shot vig at lv 3, 1-shot doc at lv 5
Thief - 1-shot "yoink" steals 5 CP at lv 1, 1-shot nexus at lv 3, hide at lv 5

Fire Crystal jobs:
Ranger - 2-shot tracker at lv 1, higher levels ???
Knight - ??? no news yet
Scholar - 2-shot roleblock at lv 1, 2-shot jail at lv 3, ??? at lv 5
Geomancer - choice of 3 terrain abilities at lv 1 (effect is randomly chosen with chance to backfire on user), increasing randomness from higher amount of terrains at higher levels

Water Crystal jobs:
Dragoon - ???
Viking - berserk at lv 1 has random effect on random target (vig, roleblock, or nothing), lvl 3 random effects also include bodyguard and redirect. Lv 5 - ??? (this job sounds pretty shithouse I gotta say)
Dark Knight - ???
Evoker - ???
Bard - doublevote plus random anonymous votes at lv 1. Triplevote plus random vote destruction at lv 3. Lvl 5 - ???

Onion Knight bonus job
??? but note, in the game this job is known for having bad stats and nothing special about it at all until you reach level 90. Only then does it gain the highest stat growths in the game and become a force to be reckoned with.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

Here's all the notes I have:

Wind Crystal jobs:
Warrior - ??? no one seems to have any interest in this one except Kash who hasn't actually got around to taking it yet?
Monk - 1-shot Nexus at lv 1, another 1-shot Nexus at lv 3. At lv 5 can reflect night actions against their users?!
White Mage - 1-shot doc at lv 1, another 1-shot doc at lv 3, WALL spell at lv 5 (blocks all night actions, not just kills)
Black Mage - 1-shot vig at lv 1, another 1-shot vig at lv 3, Tobbs-style jailer who can choose to kill the target at lv 5
Red Mage - no action at lv 1, 1-shot vig at lv 3, 1-shot doc at lv 5
Thief - 1-shot "yoink" steals 5 CP at lv 1, 1-shot nexus at lv 3, hide at lv 5

Fire Crystal jobs:
Ranger - 2-shot tracker at lv 1, higher levels ???
Knight - ??? no news yet
Scholar - 2-shot roleblock at lv 1, 2-shot jail at lv 3, ??? at lv 5
Geomancer - choice of 3 terrain abilities at lv 1 (effect is randomly chosen with chance to backfire on user), increasing randomness from higher amount of terrains at higher levels

Water Crystal jobs:
Dragoon - ???
Viking - berserk at lv 1 has random effect on random target (vig, roleblock, or nothing), lvl 3 random effects also include bodyguard and redirect. Lv 5 - ??? (this job sounds pretty shithouse I gotta say)
Dark Knight - ???
Evoker - ???
Bard - doublevote plus random anonymous votes at lv 1. Triplevote plus random vote destruction at lv 3. Lvl 5 - ???

Onion Knight bonus job
??? but note, in the game this job is known for having bad stats and nothing special about it at all until you reach level 90. Only then does it gain the highest stat growths in the game and become a force to be reckoned with.

drat, I wish I had read this before switching jobs today.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Cool, so I guess it would be warrior, knight, dragoon, dark night, and evoker.

Any consensus from those around?

Also I think I will be voting A in the event

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

So, now the thread's homework assignment is to look at bif's post and see if there is any info there that hasn't been shared in thread, because that would point to him being scum. I don't remember the level 5 white mage, or red mage spell being shared. But damned if I'm gonna do that research.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Grandicap posted:

So, now the thread's homework assignment is to look at bif's post and see if there is any info there that hasn't been shared in thread, because that would point to him being scum. I don't remember the level 5 white mage, or red mage spell being shared. But damned if I'm gonna do that research.

White and Red were both shared.

Do you have any info to share that isn't on the list?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

This event seems way more random than the rest. Maybe pig was annoyed at the walkthrough stuff so this event is a crapshoot?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

King Burgundy posted:

White and Red were both shared.

Do you have any info to share that isn't on the list?

Nope, all my stuff is covered in the list.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Grandicap posted:

drat, I wish I had read this before switching jobs today.

why'd you already switch jobs when we'll be getting new choices after getting the earth crystal?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

why'd you already switch jobs when we'll be getting new choices after getting the earth crystal?

Because I misunderstood how job stuff worked. Once I finished catching up on the thread, and reading through other's misunderstanding and reread the OP it was too late as I had already sent pig a PM. Not that I am unhappy with what I ended up with, but it wouldn't have been such a shot in the dark.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Grandicap posted:

This event seems way more random than the rest. Maybe pig was annoyed at the walkthrough stuff so this event is a crapshoot?

at least there's not 64 directions

A

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Go left AKA West IMO.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
I have a really bad feeling about this city and the thought that they might be who shot us down.

But like, if we were playing the game, the natural impulse would be to head towards the poo poo we can actually see, right?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

A

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
Dark Knight - Souleater: Night vig, 20% success chance. Can improve success chance by spending CP on the ability. Reusable.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

B

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mithross posted:

Dark Knight - Souleater: Night vig, 20% success chance. Can improve success chance by spending CP on the ability. Reusable.

well that doesn't sound very useful. Maybe higher levels do something else, thief in particular really varied up its abilities instead of sticking to the more obvious theme at the start, but I can't imagine dark knight has many nice defensive powers for town.

• Locked thread