Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

If I preorder Nioh on PS Store, will it preload?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

How does One Piece 3 compare to Hyrule Warriors and Dragon Quest Heroes? It's $15 right now, which seems like a good price

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Fat_Cow posted:

Probably? Depends if they have a preload or not.

So far they have not, looking at my preorder. I assume they will two days before release

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Quote is not edit

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

zenintrude posted:

Perfect for 6 year olds :v:

there are plenty of kid friendly couch coop games (lovers in a dangerous space time, rayman, the lego games, etc) but that guy specified shooters so :shrug:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Linnaeus posted:

How does One Piece 3 compare to Hyrule Warriors and Dragon Quest Heroes? It's $15 right now, which seems like a good price

I'd say it's a little behind Hyrule Warriors and a bit ahead of DQH. It's absolutely the most solid of their anime licensed titles in terms of gameplay and content.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Manatee Cannon posted:

there are plenty of kid friendly couch coop games (lovers in a dangerous space time, rayman, the lego games, etc) but that guy specified shooters so :shrug:

Yeah looking for shooters, I have all the lego games I can handle, and we tiricky towers a good deal. But she loves shooting them stormtroopers. Garden Warfare is something I forgot existed, pretty sure I have that from ps+ at some point.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ea made the first game free for a bit. I remember because I missed the cutoff for that deal by like 10 minutes and was mad at myself

second game might be better and have more players tho

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The split screen in GW1 is super limited, its just a really simplistic endless horde mode with all of the progression stripped out. If you picked it up when it was free though its not a bad place to dip your toes in. If you guys like it I definitely suggest upgrading to GW2, it has a much wider variety of things to do locally, and the game in general is just blown the gently caress out.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

zenintrude posted:

Perfect for 6 year olds :v:

They are already playing star wars battlefront- other than language, is it really much more objectionable from a violence perspective?

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime
From my perspective as a father... I think it changes when you go from shooting "masked shielded robots" (*at least I can explain them as such to my son) to modern day people. But that's just me. I have a 5 yr old but I haven't introduced him to FPS's yet. Not sure when the acceptable time is really for that.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Make them play FPSes in chronological order. Once you hit Daikatana, you can explain racism and much more!

Edit : don't make anyone actually play Daikatana.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Mista JC Denton... in da fresh!

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

"Daddy, why can the super soldier not hit the bad guy right in front of him with basic weapons"

"Well we haven't used his nanobots to give him basic coordination with things he canonically is familiar with, now lets stop the terrorists 50 feet from our secret base"

smuh
Feb 21, 2011

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I speel my drink!

(I love how that was the volume test sound, they knew it was bad)
(also I can't play dx1 anymore its officially dated for me)

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

rotaryfun posted:

From my perspective as a father... I think it changes when you go from shooting "masked shielded robots" (*at least I can explain them as such to my son) to modern day people. But that's just me. I have a 5 yr old but I haven't introduced him to FPS's yet. Not sure when the acceptable time is really for that.

Yeah- guess I haven't really given that much thought since my kid is two months this week. I figure I have a bit of time.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Why is a PS3 re-release, Yakuza 0 full price at $59.99?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

89 posted:

it was never released here on ps3 so who cares

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

89 posted:

Because, among other things, it needed a full translation and localization and was never released on the PS3 in English. (It isn't even a re-release, it was a cross-gen game.)

Are you going to ask why Persona 5 is $60 when it comes out?

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Jan 31, 2017

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

89 posted:

It was released same-day on PS3 and PS4 in Japan. Not a rerelease at all.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

persona 5 should be free for me, specifically, and they should send me a copy early

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Yakuza Zero has more than enough content to justify the price.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

ImpAtom posted:

Because, among other things, it needed a full translation and localization and was never released on the PS3 in English. (It isn't even a re-release, it was a cross-gen game.)

Are you going to ask why Persona 5 is $60 when it comes out?

Why are they re-releasing this game that came out on PS3 in 2014 for $60?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Healbot posted:

Why are they re-releasing this game that came out on PS3 in 2014 for $60?

Have you just...not looked at any games released this generation or what?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the answer is to maximize profits, thanksssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Just Offscreen posted:

They are already playing star wars battlefront- other than language, is it really much more objectionable from a violence perspective?

Depends on the kid and parent. Star Wars doesn't have any blood or gore.

rotaryfun posted:

Let them discover Wolf 3D on a lovely DOS box at 9 years old like the rest of us

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

the answer is to maximize profits, thanksssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

The Yakuza Series never made any money. We went from not maybe getting Yakuza 3, 4 and 5 to getting a full price re-release, which cost a shitload of money to localize for an audience that isn't there.

As a Yakuza fan, I'd pay 10 Bucks more if the quality of the localization stays the same.

Hell, I'd pay premium for Ishin or Kenzan any day.

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

fit em all up in there posted:

I'm finishing up RE 4, is 5 or 6 worth looking into ?

Like others said, 5 is good in coop. If you have a dedicated partner it's worth looking into.

That said, the problems with 5 go beyond annoying ai partners when you're playing by yourself. Overall I think 5 has less good monster and encounter design than 4. It introduces firefights with dudes with assault rifles in the late game, and a lot of the monsters are boring looking worm dudes. The core gameplay is still solid, but the overall experience doesn't quite match 4 which I think is near perfect.

If you have a PS3 or 360 and you haven't played them yet, look into Dead Space 1 and 2. They do a better job of making a refined, next gen RE4 than RE5 and RE6.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Fat_Cow posted:

All games that actually have a preorder on psn allow pre load. The pre load doesn't go live until the Sunday before it comes out. So it won't start until this Sunday.

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

The Yakuza Series never made any money. We went from not maybe getting Yakuza 3, 4 and 5 to getting a full price re-release, which cost a shitload of money to localize for an audience that isn't there.

As a Yakuza fan, I'd pay 10 Bucks more if the quality of the localization stays the same.

Hell, I'd pay premium for Ishin or Kenzan any day.

I'd drop a clean hundo for any of the spin offs on PS4.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

numerrik posted:

I'd drop a clean hundo for any of the spin offs on PS4.

Same.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

I'd say it's a little behind Hyrule Warriors and a bit ahead of DQH. It's absolutely the most solid of their anime licensed titles in terms of gameplay and content.

Sounds great. I don't think I'll be getting the season pass though as it looks to be mainly costumes.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Yup,same. I have Kenzan around but my Ps3 is busted and playing with a translation FAQ is tedious,if there even is one of acceptable quality and completion.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
I've just started playing The Last Guardian and i remember a lot of complaints from people about it being bad because they coudln't get Trico to do what they wanted. Did they just not play that far into the game or has it been patched or something because so far it's been fairly intuitive and about right if you don't expect your beastly companion to instantly do something the moment you push the button.

Like there's a clear pattern of it looking at what you want it to do, pondering for a few seconds and then doing it.

Also, the game is pretty great so far and really nails the same vibe as Ico.

Killzone can go and suck a dick though. It has to be one of the most unintuitive FPS's i've played in a long loving time. I just started the 3rd mission (where it seems like drama is about to begin), but the waypoints are unclear (so far), the combat is a bit ropey in how easilly you can be minced, your drone helper isn't all that useful and the weapon/ammo indicators aren't easy to follow. Are the setpieces just that good or something?

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
It sounds like your problems with Killzone are that it doesn't hold your hand to each checkpoint and that you're bad at it?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Can someone help me out in Last Guardian? It's fairly hard to google a walk through for certain parts:

trico is seriously injured after a fight with the bad guardian and now he needs barrels. I've found 3, the one in the cart and the 2 behind the destructible debris up the chain. Where is the next place to look? I've tried out the hallway and to the broken bridge but can't find anything

Any help greatly appreciated!

smuh
Feb 21, 2011

Soul Glo posted:

It sounds like your problems with Killzone are that it doesn't hold your hand to each checkpoint and that you're bad at it?
KZ ShadowFall is just a bad game honestly. The entire game is straight up badly written and the scripted sequences don't quite work as well as they'd hoped for.

That said, I had a lot of fun with the MP back when there weren't a lotta multiplayer shooters on the PS4. Nowadays things might likely be different tho

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!

89 posted:

You also get more content than your average AAA release without needing to buy a season pass.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

SamBishop posted:

Exactly right on the first part, but Naughty Dog is a wholly owned SIEA studio. They're as first-party as it gets. From would definitely count as second-party for Bloodborne and Demon's Souls (in Japan, at least), since they're independent, but made the games exclusively for PlayStation systems.

Yeah, I've never been entirely clear on what constitutes Second Party or what exactly Naughty Dog's status within Sony is, hence the hesitation there. Thanks for the clarification!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Kin posted:

I've just started playing The Last Guardian and i remember a lot of complaints from people about it being bad because they coudln't get Trico to do what they wanted. Did they just not play that far into the game or has it been patched or something because so far it's been fairly intuitive and about right if you don't expect your beastly companion to instantly do something the moment you push the button.

Like there's a clear pattern of it looking at what you want it to do, pondering for a few seconds and then doing it.

Nah, people are just impatient jerks who apparently never had a pet before.