Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
It's funny that Cruz is ducking call outs and waiting for a shot for some reason. You got clowned, go get a win first before you act entitled to a shot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Cruz should fight Barao, for his self esteem

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Barao fights at featherweight now

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Cruz was more than willing to fight guys like Mighty Mouse that are much smaller than him why not take a fight at featherweight ?

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://twitter.com/realalexjones/status/826536036041887746

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
:stonk:

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

Lol

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
a truly epic meeting of the minds

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

i'm watching it

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

I'm not a fan of Rogan but him giving a gas bag like Alex Jones new avenues to spread his insanity is really depressing.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Rogan has been friends with him for like a decade

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
not sure if any of you guys noticed this but um, joe rogan is an insane person too

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

Well he already had Milo.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Can't wait for it

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Skip My Posts posted:

Cruz was more than willing to fight guys like Mighty Mouse that are much smaller than him why not take a fight at featherweight ?

he might break in two

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dana says Ronda's probably done :rip:

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

Dana says Ronda's probably done :rip:

So she's going to be on 208

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

He also just said that Jon Jones will likely fight the winner of DC vs Rumble in July so I look forward to Bones' next coke-fueled disaster/drug test failure

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

chaleski posted:

He also just said that Jon Jones will likely fight the winner of DC vs Rumble in July so I look forward to Bones' next coke-fueled disaster/drug test failure

At this point it feels like the only question is whether it happens before the fight or after he wins the title (the latter would probably be far funnier)

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA

CommonShore posted:

Women's Strawweight Champion - Joanna Jędrzejczyk (13-0)
Joanna Champion, with Mighty Mouse, is the other champ to enter and exit 2016 with an intact belt. She was roughed up a bit by Karolina Kowalkiewicz at UFC 205, but she was ultimately successful. No challenger.
The coming weekend's event will probably have title implications for this division; there's three strawweight bouts on it. Joanna was interviewed last weekend and claimed she'd know her next opponent 'in a few days', and apparently Jessica Andrade (who fights Angela Hill on the 4th) was already offered a straight title shot in April/May but didn't want to go that long without a fight after her Dec. 30 bout fell through.

Going to guess Andrade gets the shot if she wins; if Overkill manages to derail her I dunno what happens. Hill may get it, but Grasso is second on the card (not sure if they consider it a co-main) so if she wins she could get fast-tracked I guess? Also Tecia Torres is fighting Bec Rawlings on the undercard but I'm not sure either of those are in contention.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Marching Powder posted:

I don't think tj's attacks are more difficult to defend against than Dom's and I can't stop seeing Dom committing to, and whiffing, a dozen strikes in a row.

TJ can throw a straight, unlike Cruz, so that will probably help.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
i don't think it will happen but if bisping knocks out romero that would be so tight

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Skip My Posts posted:

i don't think it will happen but if bisping knocks out romero that would be so tight

I want Bisping to knock him out then do his needle miming on Romero's unconscious rear end.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Jerusalem posted:

At this point it feels like the only question is whether it happens before the fight or after he wins the title (the latter would probably be far funnier)

Jones beats up DC to unify the belts, gets popped again, and DC goes back to being Interim Champ in the meanwhile while Jon goes on his 20th redemption story

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Skip My Posts posted:

That fight has R3 Romero TKO written all over it

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

I think TJ vs No Love will be cool and am looking forward to it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

chaleski posted:

Jones beats up DC to unify the belts, gets popped again, and DC goes back to being Interim Champ in the meanwhile while Jon goes on his 20th redemption story

As long as we continue to get photoshops of DC nodding while going :xd: I'm all in.

Balthesar
Sep 4, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
It's incredible that it is almost 2 years since Jones was stripped and the LHW title has only been fought for twice. Fuuuuuuuck LHW

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Fat Twitter Man posted:

For whatever reason people didn't really admit Rockhold's flaws and limitations as a striker even after Vitor punked him. You can't really just write it off as "TRT" when a guy's entire striking game is shut down like that.

(I have now made two posts in a row about Vitor and don't know how I feel about that)

vitor is really good .. this thread really sleeps on him. his style isnt pretty but its no joke either

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Zwachro posted:

The coming weekend's event will probably have title implications for this division; there's three strawweight bouts on it. Joanna was interviewed last weekend and claimed she'd know her next opponent 'in a few days', and apparently Jessica Andrade (who fights Angela Hill on the 4th) was already offered a straight title shot in April/May but didn't want to go that long without a fight after her Dec. 30 bout fell through.

Going to guess Andrade gets the shot if she wins; if Overkill manages to derail her I dunno what happens. Hill may get it, but Grasso is second on the card (not sure if they consider it a co-main) so if she wins she could get fast-tracked I guess? Also Tecia Torres is fighting Bec Rawlings on the undercard but I'm not sure either of those are in contention.

Andrade's definitely getting the shot if she wins. Grasso actually isn't ranked as high as Torres (#12 v #6) but if she wins and Andrade somehow loses I expect they'll go with the undefeated v undefeated angle.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

I.N.R.I posted:

vitor is really good .. this thread really sleeps on him. his style isnt pretty but its no joke either

I don't think there's really anyone else whose highs have been so high and whose lows have been so low. He's absolutely had a hall of fame career for fighting in the UFC for 20 years alone.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Ratios and Tendency posted:

I think TJ vs No Love will be cool and am looking forward to it.

Agreed. Its two of the cleaner striking games in the ufc going head to head with full 25 minute gas tanks. Keen as hell to see that.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

I.N.R.I posted:

i think everyone in this thread has always said vitor is insanely dangerous and prone to gassing and giving up which isn't really sleeping on him so much as saying exactly what's prone to happening when he fights.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Middleweight is kind of a weird scissors paper rock division anyway.

I don't think Weidman can handle the iv or drug testing (take your pick) and Rockhold definitely improved dramatically after the Vitor fight (hes a tough match up for anyone when hes on roids), but I dont know if Rockhold would beat either romero or jacare.

The latter two would probably split a 4 fight series.

The coolest thing about the divison is the champ who broke everyones plans and then smashed beers and poo poo talked him at the press conference.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Dana also said that they offered nick Diaz a fight against Maia and if he turns it down he will offer it to masvidal or something

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.

CommonShore posted:

UFC February - Dokdo, island of Corea in East Sea

Men's Lightweight Champion - Conor MacGregor (21-3)
MacGregor is still MacGregor. The only fight to which he’s even slightly connected right now is one against retired 49-0 boxing champion Floyd Mayweather, so basically he’s not connected to any fights which will ever happen.
Conor Macgregor? Where da fook do you think he's from?

Skip My Posts posted:

Dana also said that they offered nick Diaz a fight against Maia and if he turns it down he will offer it to masvidal or something
This seems like a horrible fight for Nick and I hope he takes it. I'm not even anti-Nick, I just love seeing Maia breakdance on guys who have good jiu jitsu.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I wouldnt necessarily call it horrible. Nick should just take a tune up fight and then look for a big pay day.

Hes had 1 fight in 4 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Marching Powder posted:

i think everyone in this thread has always said vitor is insanely dangerous and prone to gassing and giving up which isn't really sleeping on him so much as saying exactly what's prone to happening when he fights.

i defended vitor for years but the fact is he was always roided and one dimensional. its a great dimension but hes never been able to win a fight where he had to do anything but exchange with slower, sloppier punchers

• Locked thread