Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Bifauxnen posted:

well that doesn't sound very useful. Maybe higher levels do something else, thief in particular really varied up its abilities instead of sticking to the more obvious theme at the start, but I can't imagine dark knight has many nice defensive powers for town.

It isn't super powerful, but it is at least reusable, targetable, and much less random than say berserk or terrain. For reference it's 10% extra hit chance for 5 CP, so as a dark knight it would cost 40 CP to 100% hit. 50 CP if you aren't a drk anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mithross posted:

It isn't super powerful, but it is at least reusable, targetable, and much less random than say berserk or terrain. For reference it's 10% extra hit chance for 5 CP, so as a dark knight it would cost 40 CP to 100% hit. 50 CP if you aren't a drk anymore.

hm, good point about it not being a 1-shot. Still, no matter how many shots you got I'd be worried about actually hitting the right person when scum know which lovely jobs to avoid and could easily defend themselves or redirect. I feel a lot better about using votes to kill scum and night actions to save town.

Now dragoon would interest me more. I'd expect that to get a commute ability or something.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I'm willing to check the dragoon out if nothing fun sounding opens up with the events

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

As best as I can gather from where I think we are, North to the city or West to the Ruins are the two options that make sense.

I suspect most of you want to go to the city but I'm going to vote West anyway because I think it's a little too linear to take the obvious choice here.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Option C

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

This is an odd vote with no justification. Why?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Ruins sound fun.
C

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
[quote="Grandicap" post="468953706"]
Ruins sound fun.
C
[/quote

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

:siren: I just asked CPig if I could get 2 job changes in one day cause I had one day where I hadn't changed, and he said yeah whatever, he wasn't gonna limit them at all so long as I had points! :siren:

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Bifauxnen posted:

:siren: I just asked CPig if I could get 2 job changes in one day cause I had one day where I hadn't changed, and he said yeah whatever, he wasn't gonna limit them at all so long as I had points! :siren:

If that's the case, that changes my opinion some on Tobbs.

Maybe I'll ask the same question. Or CPig could post here and confirm that.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

That's odd.

Another rule change?

And what was it prompted by?

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

IllegallySober posted:

This is an odd vote with no justification. Why?

Because I didn't want to go to the city, and I still don't trust D, even if this one doesn't involve giving in to despair.

It was a toss up between B and C, so I picked B

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Mithross posted:

Because I didn't want to go to the city, and I still don't trust D, even if this one doesn't involve giving in to despair.

It was a toss up between B and C, so I picked B

Fair enough, just checking.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Look this isn't a claim, but fart masters are a thing, and they have the power to fart, and be very smelly.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Look this isn't a claim but I only eat combinations of beans, lentils, barley, and cheese.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

CCKeane posted:

Look this isn't a claim but I only eat combinations of beans, lentils, barley, and cheese.

Still providing more content than jon joe

A

I'm not happy with any of these options but gently caress it

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Bifauxnen posted:

I loving hate you cpig

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Bifauxnen posted:

:lol:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
You enter the town and find that it is At war, the king went crazy and ordered the soldiers to war with themselves. But recently, after the kings death his son took over. You were shot down by the last of the magical curse that plagued the city.

The new king apologizes and offers his hospitality.

He informs you that your luck has increased as scholars in the city have uncovered the legendary Nautilus! An amazing airship capable of against incredible winds.

Using it you will be able to visit the great wizard Doga and he will help you find the Earth Crystal.

Doga explains that he, Unei, and Xande were once students of the great Magus Noah. Noah granted each of a gift: Doga was given vast magic power, Unei control over the world of dreams, and Xande was granted mortality. Xande was enraged and terrified at the prospect of death and drained the Water and Earth crystals to stop the flow of time splitting the Floating Continent from the surface world. Xande gave the power of Water to Gutsco in order to protect the gateway from the floating continent and prevent the light warriors from entering the surface world.

When he failed Doga explained that he hid the earth crystal away in the cave of the circle which can only be reached via diving under water.

Doga casts a spell on the nautilus allowing it to travel underwater and the Warriors accompany Doga to the Cave.

Inside the Cave the warriors discover some ancient ruins and a statue of Xande, beyond the statue is an immense titan guarding the earth crystal.

"Xande must have found it and put up a guard until he can arrive!"

When the warriors move forward Doga is trapped by the statue which contained a magical trap.

The Titan Lurches forward to attack the light Warriors.

What do you do?!

A.) Attack the Titan Head on!
B.) Find a way to outsmart it.
C.) Try to Free Doga
D.) Accept that Xande has won and kill Doga , joining him, and destroy the crystal.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Dark aligned gain 10 CP Light gains 5 CP!

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

CapitalistPig posted:

Dark aligned gain 10 CP Light gains 5 CP!

First time I can recall us not making the correct choice :negative:

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
This is some sonic the hedgehog poo poo, we should go B and lure that bitch into the lava

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

I'm leaning B also but have not looked at the actual fight yet. Feel like we've done the "outsmart" thing recently but it wasn't articulated as such.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'm leaning B or C.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Leaning A

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
All the wiki has to say is to use a white mage and a party of dragoons.

Getting beaten up by a titan trying to free someone doesn't sound that worthwhile, especially since he casts "flare" and "firaga", not very white magey.

B.

For the record, we were supposed to get the Nautilus from a cave, though I guess we didn't know exactly what part of the story was coming next?

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Cave_of_the_Circle

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Let's free doga, NPCs can wreck rear end.

Alternatively, lets pick D.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Titan is a babyback bitch at this point in ff3 iirc.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I am pretty drat confident in A. I did a bit of a check around to be sure I remembered correctly and I was correct. Literally every walkthrough online talks about how Titan is a pushover and really easy at this point in the game to just smack down with no trouble at all.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

IllegallySober posted:

I'm leaning B also but have not looked at the actual fight yet. Feel like we've done the "outsmart" thing recently but it wasn't articulated as such.

yeah, against Gutsco, looking for some environmental cue to help us out let us go all "Ozzie's in a pickle" and cheese the fight. That didn't seem to be anything derived from a walkthrough, though.

I'd go A or B rather than C. Freeing Doga seems like a red herring, this is the last crystal so we should be able to handle claiming it ourselves by now as heroes of destiny and all. Back at the start of the game might have been more appropriate for running to a mentor figure. Maybe A over B.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

also: how does D just keep getting even worse :lol:

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

also: how does D just keep getting even worse :lol:

You misspelled better.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Doga becomes an actual boss fyi

A

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Death is an illusion, Life is a game. Transcend it all and gaze into the void.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Kashuno posted:

Doga becomes an actual boss fyi

A

So if we free him, we will have his eternal gratitude and he will never go against us?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

CapitalistPig posted:

Doga explains that he, Unei, and Xande were once students of the great Magus Noah. Noah granted each of a gift: Doga was given vast magic power, Unei control over the world of dreams, and Xande was granted mortality. Xande was enraged and terrified at the prospect of death and drained the Water and Earth crystals to stop the flow of time splitting the Floating Continent from the surface world. Xande gave the power of Water to Gutsco in order to protect the gateway from the floating continent and prevent the light warriors from entering the surface world.

I gotta say though this is some bullshit, I'd be pretty pissed off too

Grandicap posted:

You misspelled better.

scumslip?!?! :monocle:

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Grandicap posted:

So if we free him, we will have his eternal gratitude and he will never go against us?

we need to fight him to release energy or something, and later his ghost helps us out.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Hmmm, ok.

I guess we can try A then.

A

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

yeah A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

scumslip?!?! :monocle:

Gaze into the abyss with me. It might just gaze back.

• Locked thread