Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
<----gently caress

facialimpediment posted:

Here comes a lot of pain.

https://twitter.com/Acosta/status/826866591249944576

Flynn yelling about Iran from the Press secretary podium in retaliation for Iran's missile test.

lol if you're still in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

facialimpediment posted:

:siren: DEVOS IS ONE VOTE FROM GOING DOWN :siren:

https://twitter.com/frankthorp/status/826870458066821121

Current vote tally likely 50-50, as two GOP senators have said they'll vote no and I believe Manchin is also a no. She's on the edge.

Don't gently caress it up dems don't gently caress it up don't don't don't

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

facialimpediment posted:

https://twitter.com/frankthorp/status/826870458066821121

Current vote tally likely 50-50, as two GOP senators have said they'll vote no and I believe Manchin is also a no. She's on the edge.

DO IT. Get rid of her. Hopefully Falwell goes with her.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Devos is a disgusting person with a dog's face.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Atleast this time we make a colossal error and enter into another ME ground war I won't have to apologize for 19 year old me supporting the idea

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
OK we're hosed because of this:

https://twitter.com/mmurraypolitics/status/826872987370549250

But the DeVos thing is GENUINELY interesting because it's at a 50-50 tie right now. If Jeff "totally a racist" Sessions gets confirmed as Attorney General, that total drops to 49-50 and her nomination dies because a replacement senator will take too long to be brought in.

https://twitter.com/Phil_Mattingly/status/826871120062201857

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

facialimpediment posted:

Don't get me wrong, I hate that lady, but I'm not sure it matters all that much.

Jerry Falwell Jr. was the first person asked to take that job, and he declined, because he wanted to stay home and continue to run his Dad's young-earth creationist Christian university. Trump then put him in charge of a task force to reform the entire US education system, saying that he'll be advising DeVos and that his people be will be doing much of the work for her.

To me, that sounds like Jerry is the one intended to be in charge all along, and DeVos being just a body to fill a chair while Jerry's people do the actual work. So replacing her with someone else Trump picks, who you know will still be someone awful anyway, may not mean anything.

Robot Hobo fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Feb 1, 2017

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

CommieGIR posted:

It took the Feds to tell the South to stop lynching people, so, :shrug: Go Feds.

Well, this is the thing that aggravates me. Like, I don't disagree, but then you look at Trump saying he'll send the Feds in to Chicago if they don't clean up their poo poo police force and people start screaming "racism" and "martial law" like that's what he means. Then I look at places like NYC or a nearby city like Newburgh (which has the highest crime rate per capita in NYS) and the solution to all ills is gentrification and this is at the hands of Democrats. That's never racist, though, and I legit have no idea why no one calls it as such.

Racism is not a Republican thing, it's a wedge issue used by elites on both sides, and we need to recognize it as such.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot
Walking past CNN, just saw Spicer taking a question via Skype at a press briefing. Is that an innovation or am I just behind the times?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

VikingSkull posted:

Well, this is the thing that aggravates me. Like, I don't disagree, but then you look at Trump saying he'll send the Feds in to Chicago if they don't clean up their poo poo police force and people start screaming "racism" and "martial law" like that's what he means. Then I look at places like NYC or a nearby city like Newburgh (which has the highest crime rate per capita in NYS) and the solution to all ills is gentrification and this is at the hands of Democrats. That's never racist, though, and I legit have no idea why no one calls it as such.

Racism is not a Republican thing, it's a wedge issue used by elites on both sides, and we need to recognize it as such.

Nobody is doubting that there is racism in the Dems as well, but let's not pretend that Trump is threatening to send the Feds into Chicago because of the racism in the Police force and crime issues. That's not why he's doing it at all.

The difference is while racism still exists in the Dems, its largely offset by overwhelming support for Civil Rights, Voting Rights, and Equality movements. Any racism in the Dems tends to get plowed under and quieted. Whereas the GOP is pretty much full on 'White Privilage Escalation Mode', and is incredibly vocal.

Is the Dems movement for Social Equality just because of Social Justice at heart? No, its largely due to the companies that bankroll them. But its still better than anything the GOP is doing by a mile.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Feb 1, 2017

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Number Ten Cocks posted:

Walking past CNN, just saw Spicer taking a question via Skype at a press briefing. Is that an innovation or am I just behind the times?
That's new. Also, I'm sure it's a complete coincidence that Spicer's responses to their questions seem well thought out, researched, and he doesn't waver or stutter when giving them. Even though most of his answers to the in-person questions from the floor tend to be a stumbling mess.

So the press Q&A sections are now a going to be scripted, at least some of them. After this test run, I wonder if we'll move to more and more pre-vetted Skype questions and fewer in-person ones.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

CommieGIR posted:

Nobody is doubting that there is racism in the Dems as well, but let's not pretend that Trump is threatening to send the Feds into Chicago because of the racism in the Police force and crime issues. That's not why he's doing it at all.

I get this. Trust me, I do, but stuff needs to change at the local level in these cities and minorities need to be given a helping hand up. We've spent decades with the Federal government holding them down, and local governments turning a blind eye because using their downtrodden status and deflection of such upwards helps to hold political power.

If we're ever going to get a viable third party in this country, IMO, this is the path to do it. Something truly grassroots and populist that brings real change to those that need it most.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

VikingSkull posted:

If we're ever going to get a viable third party in this country, IMO, this is the path to do it. Something truly grassroots and populist that brings real change to those that need it most.

Electoral College has to die first for Third Party to truly be viable again.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
A state legislature literally asked "how do black people vote?" and then crafted legislation precisely to make that more difficult. Another passed voter IDs and then announced it was closing a bunch of places to get state IDs, which coincidentally were in predominantly black areas. But because someone in Minnesota or wherever was racist obviously its just a wash and the truth is in the middle yada yada

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

CommieGIR posted:

Also the first past the post election system that we use for like all of our elections.

I feel like I've said this before but Facts Don't Matter.

Proud Christian Mom posted:

A state legislature literally asked "how do black people vote?" and then crafted legislation precisely to make that more difficult. Another passed voter IDs and then announced it was closing a bunch of places to get state IDs, which coincidentally were in predominantly black areas. But because someone in Minnesota or wherever was racist obviously its just a wash and the truth is in the middle yada yada

Also this.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Dutch to hand count votes over hacking fears

quote:

It follows reports that software used to tally results at regional and national level may not be secure.

Intelligence agencies have warned the French, German and Dutch elections could be vulnerable to manipulation by outside actors, including Russia.

Russia has denied allegations it interfered in last year's US election.

The Netherlands will hold parliamentary elections on 15 March - the first in a crucial election year for countries at the heart of the EU.

"No shadow of doubt can be permitted," said Interior Minister Ronald Plasterk.
"Now there are indications that Russians could be interested, for the following elections we must fall back on good old pen and paper," he added.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
https://twitter.com/frankthorp/status/826867771984183298

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Yeah, that was some hosed up poo poo. Alabama and North Carolina seriously went the extra evil mile.

Oh, don't forget North Carolina calling an Emergency Legislative Session when they realized they were going to lose the Governorship to strip the governor of powers.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Feb 1, 2017

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I guess we know what war Booblad will be fighting in.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

CommieGIR posted:

I'm not talking that, I'm talking by tossing the Dems and Republicans out of cities first. Eventually they'd be visible on a national stage for more often than the sideshow we have every four years.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Tillerson voting live

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/02/01/us/politics/tillerson-confirmation-vote-live.html

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Good news (for now) on that national right-to-work bill that was introduced:

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/826876937419255809

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

What's up with the three shitbag dems currently voting yes

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

What's up with the three shitbag dems currently voting yes

I heard one dem state that leaving some positions unfilled was more harmful than filling them with bad people since it meant trump had more control over certain issues.

I was also drunk when listening so not sure how accurate that was.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
The right to work bill would be great cannon fodder for the Dems if they hadn't of spent 20 years running screaming from organized labor.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Does this actually violate the treaty, though?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Quick check shows Joe Manchin is a DINO, not sure about the other two yes votes.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Quick check shows Joe Manchin is a DINO, not sure about the other two yes votes.

Yeah Manchin is full bore DINO.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot
Brexit moves forward.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ex...ler-Commons/amp

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Tillerson is the new Sec'y State

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Zeris posted:

I gather it depends on whether the missile was theoretically nuclear capable. Iran says no. I imagine the real answers depends on how good your engineers are within some size ranges.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Blind Rasputin posted:

Devos is a disgusting person with a dog's face.

Fair warning: your CE post has no substance, it better either be funny or creative.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Zeris posted:

Maybe?
http://www.un.org/en/sc/2231/restrictions-ballistic.shtml

Iran says no
http://www.tehrantimes.com/news/410693/Iran-confirms-missile-launch-says-it-doesn-t-breach-UN-resolution

joat mon fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Feb 1, 2017

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Zeris posted:

Please post smarter.

No Devos is pretty much human garbage. I've watched what she's done to public education in Michigan.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Sessions isn't going to get denied, so Dems should just go ahead and push him through to gently caress over DeVos. At least Sessions is qualified to be a racist attorney general.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
On one hand, Tillerson is lovely. On the other, that pick could have been much, much worse.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

psydude posted:

At least Sessions is qualified to be a racist attorney general.

Thread title.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
No matter who gets the job it's going to be a yesman for Trump.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Zeris posted:

Never let the facts get in the way of good sabre-rattling.

Don't let planning get in the way of sabre-rattling either: https://twitter.com/nancyayoussef/status/826879090137378816

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

ded posted:

No matter who gets the job it's going to be a yesman for Trump.

Why do you say that? I don't think anyone believes Mattis is a yes man for Trump. Gorsuch, surprisingly enough, isn't a yes man for government power.

• Locked thread