Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Parrotine posted:

That's a good question, how old is Saitama? I was thinking late 20s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Blast is gonna wind up being Saitama's dad or some poo poo.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

I dunno, I feel like it would be more ONE to just have him be a random super strong dude who approaches the hero job oppositely from Saitama.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
blast doesnt exist he was made up by the hero association so all of the heroes would always strive for perfection

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Law Cheetah posted:

blast doesnt exist he was made up by the hero association so all of the heroes would always strive for perfection

So... he's Monaka?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I like how Suiryus all "oh i lost

I lost

Hey im still like 99th percentile strong so who the gently caress cares hey baby u single Jus kiddin i dont care bout that either"

E: Oh hey this is the other thread

Its staying here too lazy

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Feb 1, 2017

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Blast is probably going to work out as strong as Saitama but a shittier person or something.
Sometimes, it's not the premise that is good about OPM but the execution and I have full faith in ONE to nail that

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011
Do you guys think Saitama will ever find the really good fight he's looking for? I can't imagine "God" being a match for him but maybe Blast is.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The really good fight was the friends he made along the way.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
yeah the whole point of One Punch Man is that the emptiness in Saitama's heart is filled with cool friends and not fights that are utterly meaningless to him

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I hope Blast is a cool dude who is just very busy

Moltrey posted:

yeah the whole point of One Punch Man is that the emptiness in Saitama's heart is filled with cool friends and not fights that are utterly meaningless to him
This. He's losing his emotions to loneliness.

King gives him the fight he needs.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Well I mean Blast is giving out useful advice and saving people, and he was doing the hero thing well before anyone else, so he's probably not a total rear end in a top hat.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Spiderdrake posted:

I hope Blast is a cool dude who is just very busy
This. He's losing his emotions to loneliness.

King gives him the fight he needs.

He does actually, it's in videogames that he has a world where he can actually lose at all

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

owl milk posted:

Do you guys think Saitama will ever find the really good fight he's looking for? I can't imagine "God" being a match for him but maybe Blast is.

Yeah, I think once S-Class gizmo wiz kid is in on his strength and how it's tormenting him, he'll make some kind of virtual reality thing for him to wear.

Because honestly, his other option is something that requires such an incredibly minuscule amount of power that he doesn't have to worry about accidently blowing someone's arm off. Like some kind of trading card game. He crushes controllers on accident as is, so even video games are kinda tenuous.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I'm crying that chapter was so beautiful.

MP100 is the better manga as a whole but OPM can outdo any individual chapter easily.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

I wonder what other crazy things ONE will get Saitama to punch.

I wanna see him take on a force rather than a monster. Saitama vs. Death from those Final Destination films! :allears:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
holy poo poo that owned

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Still waiting for elaboration on sweet mask and the presence saitama felt during the garou beat down.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

I wanna know the thing that hobo man weirdo prayed to, thing was raunchy looking

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Homeless Emperor's "God" that gave him his powers to eradicate humanity and then killed him after he lost is one of my favorite things in OPM and part of me hopes it's ever fully explained.

Like look at this thing what the gently caress

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

ONE has some really cool designs

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Moltrey posted:

Homeless Emperor's "God" that gave him his powers to eradicate humanity and then killed him after he lost is one of my favorite things in OPM and part of me hopes it's ever fully explained.

:yosbutt:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Moltrey posted:

I accept that this one panel is going to take Murata a full week to draw when he gets there because he's going to throw away a ton of first drafts for not being good enough

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
For all that Murata is the better artist, ONE's style has certain strengths.
While I'll reserve judgement until Murata gets to that part of the storyline (two years from now) I'd be willing to bet that he isn't able to do justice to that page.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
looks a lot like something beksinski would make

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Schwarzwald posted:

While I'll reserve judgement until Murata gets to that part of the storyline (two years from now) I'd be willing to bet that he isn't able to do justice to that page.

I'm sure he can, but I wouldn't be surprised if he tries something different entirely.

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

Schwarzwald posted:

Part of the reason that page works so well is that it's basically in a different art style compared to the rest of the manga (much more detailed) - it makes it seem more "alien". Murata applies that level of detail plus extra to every single page, so it's difficult to make it stand out the same way.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
my favorite part of that page is the insane looking God in a field of horribly crude flowers that devolve into just lines

ONE's art is fun and he knows his style very well

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I dare say that ONE could knock out some legitimately fantastic art outside the context of manga if he had the time and will to do so.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Its not so much the and the line by line as it is the entire thing.
Like obviously if you take exactly one murata panel and one ONE panel theres no argument over which is better.
But as a comic, and what actually communicates the tone of the series, and for the fake outs like the homeless God thing (and the great juxtaposition of Garou looking more sinister as he got stronger, then cartoonish as he got weaker ending up in that weird obese monster form). These things dont work if the artwork is consistently high detail, and the fineness of that detail can distract from the overall flow of the panels and disrupt the framing of them.

Tldr:
ONE is better than murata

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Keeping or faithfully trying to maintain ONE's art's quirks is why Mob's anime is better than OPM's. (Not a knock on OPM's)

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
The Mob Psycho 100 anime was so loving good that it made me less excited for Season 2 of One Punch Man

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Jose posted:

looks a lot like something beksinski would make

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Well it looks like I'm not sleeping tonight :stonk:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Sarcophallus we already know you post in this thread, are you just pretending you haven't read ahead in the Murata thread or did you just forget

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

Xarbala posted:

Sarcophallus we already know you post in this thread, are you just pretending you haven't read ahead in the Murata thread or did you just forget

Either I've missed something, or you'll have to remind me. I don't remember ONE and Murata diverging on this.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yeah I have no idea what's being teased in the Murata thread at all. Like my memory of the events of OPM completely vanishes after the Boros arc outside of big stuff like King and the Monster Association fight

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
You don't talk about the whole limiter thing, do you?

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Didn't Darkshine Whats-his-face have a tougher training regimen than Saitama but not even a fraction of his power?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

a cartoon duck posted:

Didn't Darkshine Whats-his-face have a tougher training regimen than Saitama but not even a fraction of his power?

I thought it was just lifting weights.