Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

Yeah exactly. This wasn't meant to be some kind of gift to the public this was a pr move which is why they went small with Alamo drafthouse which is perfectly positioned with credibility and buzz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Alamo does this kind of fan focused promotion all the time.

I'm lucky to have one near me, I don't bother going to any other theatres anymore. The experience can't be beat.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Mental Hospitality posted:

I marathoned the first season a couple weeks ago and enjoyed the show quite a bit. Kinda bummed I can't watch it live due to my work schedule.

I like the Martian's, even if some of their patrol ship grunts are huge assholes. :argh:

They are basically smug space communists.

:smugbird:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

as a person who never leaves my house i've done pretty well for myself.
Red Martians > White Martians

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

Evernoob posted:

Netflix still isn't announcing Season 2 .... hope I don't have to stream it from somewhere else...

April for Netflix.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
That's solely for outside the US right? No Netflix plans stateside?

All the talk about the blu rays has me interested in them, but I have season on Amazon so I'm probably keeping with that for S2. Assuming it'll look good enough.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
It will probably end up on Amazon a few months before season 3 like Season 1.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Kingtheninja posted:

All the talk about the blu rays has me interested in them, but I have season on Amazon so I'm probably keeping with that for S2. Assuming it'll look good enough.

Well people have pointed out the streaming video quality is pretty good.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Kingtheninja posted:

Amazon Prime Video has the streaming rights for the US. The 1st season is only on Amazon Prime Video.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
I was talking about purchasing S2 on Amazon video.

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007
Well, I know Hugh Dillon's voice anywhere. This is gonna be good.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Kingtheninja posted:

I was talking about purchasing S2 on Amazon video.

Got it. Misunderstood what you were asking.

Also, what great loving open. That battle suit rocks.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

God drat it, Put that poo poo back Amos

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007
So didn't they say they were going to be airing the double-premiere with limited ad breaks? It's 16 minutes in, and almost half of that has been ads so far.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS
I can't believe anyone ever complained about Amos because he is great at being extremely unsettling.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

Holy poo poo Fred Johnson doesn't gently caress around.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Stunt Rock posted:

I can't believe anyone ever complained about Amos because he is great at being extremely unsettling.

Wes Chatham plays Amos exactly how I imagined him. It probably helps that Wes is a HUGE fan of the books and *really* wanted to play Amos.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Though I can't look at him and not see the love child of Steven Amell and Aaron Douglas.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

I didn't read the books or the spoilers but I know that "doors and corners" is significant for some reason.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Stunt Rock posted:

I didn't read the books or the spoilers but I know that "doors and corners" is significant for some reason.

Well it's the title of the episode.

Also, that's where threats will come from in close quarter combat. Around every corner and behind every door.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Miller is one ice cold mother fucker.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
This should've been the season finale last year. And even still we have a lot to cover to finish up the first book.

That said, I'm loving everything they're giving Avasaralah and Bobby Draper prior to their introductions in the books. It actually makes it seem like they were thought of from the start.

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007
Wait, were those FedEx transport containers? That's awesome.

edit: Everything I'm reading says the episode's already over, so I'm guessing you guys watching on SyFy actually DID get the promised limited ads. Funny, Space ran those as well, but we're still watching it on a normal schedule :sigh:

KatWithHands fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Feb 2, 2017

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

KatWithHands posted:

Everything I'm reading says the episode's already over, so I'm guessing you guys watching on SyFy actually DID get the promised limited ads. Funny, Space ran those as well, but we're still watching it on a normal schedule :sigh:

It must have been the case. That battle at the end there was supposedly in the second episode, so I suspect that we did get a full 2 episodes over the course of 95 minutes.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Miller shooting the head scientist made me laugh as much as it did when I read the book

Jeremiah Flintwick
Jan 14, 2010

King of Kings Ozysandwich am I. If any want to know how great I am and where I lie, let him outdo me in my work.

Stunt Rock posted:

I'm peeing right now!

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
Those were some good goddamn episodes. The little disagreement between Miller and Amos in the galley was fantastic. Wes Chatham is a great Amos, couldn't be better.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Watching , just popped in to say "I told him to Stay Down"

Amos... never change.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Rocksicles posted:

Watching , just popped in to say "I told him to Stay Down"

Amos... never change.

He sounded so hurt about it! Like a kid!

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Milky Moor posted:

Those were some good goddamn episodes. The little disagreement between Miller and Amos in the galley was fantastic. Wes Chatham is a great Amos, couldn't be better.

Yeah, having read most of the Expanse books I'm really looking forward to seeing him play stuff down the line, though at the pace they're on that's probably a long time away. I didn't read the first one though, so still plenty of stuff coming up that I'm sure will surprise me.

The various actors will be at roughly the right ages as they work through book stuff, since between the long travel times between various space spots and time skips between books quite a lot of time passes. It's not like having the various Stark Children rapidly age was a big problem in Game of Thrones, but I wouldn't say it wasn't a factor at all and it's nice to not have to worry about that with this adaptation.

Very good S2 premiere though, the effects and sets are all just as insanely good as I remember. It sucks having to wait so long between seasons, but I'm flat out amazed that anyone is willing to put in the time and budget into maintaining this level of production throughout a series that only broke one million viewers for its S1 premiere and was below a million after that. I hope the Expanse puts SyFy back on the map the way Breaking Bad and Mad Men turned AMC into a channel that people cared about.

Edit: Also a highlight for me was Naomi's amazing disappearing bra when she hooked up with Holden.

NowonSA fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Feb 2, 2017

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
I see Naomi is/was wearing one of those new disappearing sports bras. Nice to see, or rather not see, they are becoming popular. :heysexy:

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Holy poo poo The Rosinante is a carnage machine

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

There was a slight time lapse in the scene between Naomi and Holden. They go from half nude to completely naked when the camera is looking through the door.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
That was some serious thing. Couldn't be more pleased, although that Polynesian girl isn't very engaging. No fire.

johnsonrod
Oct 25, 2004

drat, that was a great start to the season. It's been years since I read the first 2 books and with how much the show is moving things around in the timeline, I'm constantly being surprised by stuff which is great.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Rocksicles posted:

Holy poo poo The Rosinante is a carnage machine

Those little glowy particles of hull debris from PDC shots slamming into the walls and floor under thrust, loving unf

E: I think President Roslin would have approved of Fred Johnson

Phy fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Feb 2, 2017

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

Milky Moor posted:

There was a slight time lapse in the scene between Naomi and Holden. They go from half nude to completely naked when the camera is looking through the door.

Holden pressed the Invisibutton™ on her FutureBra, it's an evolution of the see through of today.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Get on that... That's a money tree right there.

Phy posted:

Those little glowy particles of hull debris from PDC shots slamming into the walls and floor under thrust, loving unf

E: I think President Roslin would have approved of Fred Johnson

The effects are just being crushed.

Belter Force is hilarious.

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Feb 2, 2017

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I like how the stealth ship didn't explode. It makes sense, they just riddled it with holes to the point where enough critical systems/people were taken out. They didn't use anything explosive on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Can someone remind me how the proto molecule got on board to where Amos is messing with it at the start ?

• Locked thread