Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

GulagDolls posted:

theres a city in kansas.....o_o;

lol, here is the crazy thing, the good part is in missouri

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Snooze Cruise posted:

gulagdolls and pintrestmom i assume you will be at my birthday party as well in kanas city???

let me know when it is, i'll put on a white sheet and be there in spirit

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'm stuck on 200.4

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
its the 18th tho my actual birthday is the 15th

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Congratulations, on your 15th birthday

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Cross posting for anyone who doesn't regularly check discord. I will be testing my worker placement player combat game tonight at 7pm est if you're interested in play testing PM me!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I have never played a video game.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Ugh Sara it would have been easier just to say the situation. Your interpretation of the situation isn't necessarily the true one.

Basically she's saying I should do something I'm scared to do bc it has the potential to make me happy but if it doesn't go well it also has the potential to destroy numerous friendships

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
destroying friendships sounds like an exaggeration. i can't imagine doing anything that would piss off my friends to that extent apart from murdering their dogs or something.

if murdering dogs will make you happy probably dont do that imo

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Well, now that you've been thrust into the open you might as well elucidate

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

busb posted:

destroying friendships sounds like an exaggeration. i can't imagine doing anything that would piss off my friends to that extent apart from murdering their dogs or something.

if murdering dogs will make you happy probably dont do that imo

I fell in love with my best friend, or whatever I thought was love at the time, and it nearly destroyed all my friendships, but not because my friends wanted nothing to do with me, but that I retreated so far from them to avoid the pain of that unrequited love that it's been difficult to integrate back in to that circle.

I still talk to the BF that I fell in love with, on occasion and it took a few years for that to get better.

Just don't make yourself unavailable should things end up unfavorably.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I fell in love with my best friend, or whatever I thought was love at the time, and it nearly destroyed all my friendships, but not because my friends wanted nothing to do with me, but that I retreated so far from them to avoid the pain of that unrequited love that it's been difficult to integrate back in to that circle.

I still talk to the BF that I fell in love with, on occasion and it took a few years for that to get better.

Does s/he know?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Poque posted:

Does s/he know?

Yep, I told them that I had fallen in love with them and they didn't feel the same way. Glad I told them though, because I found out it wouldn't work between us, and even though it wasn't immediate, addressing it gave me strength to make myself available again.

I detonated my friendships because of my own biz and that just happens sometimes I guess, but all in all it worked out for better or worse.

No raegrets.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Ugh Sara it would have been easier just to say the situation. Your interpretation of the situation isn't necessarily the true one.

Basically she's saying I should do something I'm scared to do bc it has the potential to make me happy but if it doesn't go well it also has the potential to destroy numerous friendships

do it.... kill keane

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

This is a fairly common thing to happen in friendship groups i reckon. happened in mine at the end of high school. The infatuation was real and everyone know about it but didn't judge either party.

in our case, my friend just didn't like the girl that way, but they were friends first and foremost. I'm sure there were tears on her end early on, but the kicker was she found someone really kicking rad and awesome that returned her affection and they got married 2 years ago and they're all super good friends now and they asked the original dude (and me) to MC their wedding.

I have no ideas about the particular dynamics in your situation but peramene seems to think you have a shot with the other party, but honestly if the friends are actually decent people nobody will judge you poorly if things go well or go poorly for you, they'll just care if you and the other person are happy and treat the situation kindly.

then murder all their pets

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

busb posted:

This is a fairly common thing to happen in friendship groups i reckon. happened in mine at the end of high school. The infatuation was real and everyone know about it but didn't judge either party.

in our case, my friend just didn't like the girl that way, but they were friends first and foremost. I'm sure there were tears on her end early on, but the kicker was she found someone really kicking rad and awesome that returned her affection and they got married 2 years ago and they're all super good friends now and they asked the original dude (and me) to MC their wedding.

I have no ideas about the particular dynamics in your situation but peramene seems to think you have a shot with the other party, but honestly if the friends are actually decent people nobody will judge you poorly if things go well or go poorly for you, they'll just care if you and the other person are happy and treat the situation kindly.

then murder all their pets

Whoops, peramene was talking about rarity. I was just chiming in about my own experience with something I felt might be similar.

So whatever happens Rarity, you're not alone. I do hope things get better in the months to come.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Whoops, peramene was talking about rarity. I was just chiming in about my own experience with something I felt might be similar.

So whatever happens Rarity, you're not alone. I do hope things get better in the months to come.

Not rarity anarc

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Whoops, the sentiment remains true.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
hmm lets just go with gulag's solution. then nobody will pretend to be better than me at sports

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Tl;dr Basically AA's situation. I like somebody but don't want to put myself out there and possibly ruin a friendship.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

If what you'd be ruining is hanging around someone you care deeply for without ever being able to express it, the loss would probably do you good

if it's just a crush it's probably not worth rocking the boat

chances are you already have an inkling of how person feels tho

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

with that said I'd hope that someone you like in that way is understanding enough to not blow up a friendship if it was just awkward

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Yep, I told them that I had fallen in love with them and they didn't feel the same way. Glad I told them though, because I found out it wouldn't work between us, and even though it wasn't immediate, addressing it gave me strength to make myself available again.

I detonated my friendships because of my own biz and that just happens sometimes I guess, but all in all it worked out for better or worse.

No raegrets.

I had a similar situation except I wasn't out at the time so I never admitted it and it went to garbageshit, but the frustration manifested in other ways and I ended up finding a different friend group and they're still my main friend group today soooooooooooooooooooo no raegrets

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Mar 28, 2020

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Speaking of relationships my girlfriend of three years and I broke up. I am doing OK but either in pretty major denial or have been processing the breakup for the 6 months our relationship has been dying and will be totally fine. I am not sure which yet.

I am taking a lot of me time though and I want more distractions right now so play mafia! You!

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
im getting married in june

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
i bought a new tv last week

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Dang, getting dramatic in the SA Mafia thread. IMO, I'd always rather regret than wonder.

Make your choice, adventurous stranger
Ring the bell and bide the danger
Or wonder til it drives you mad
What would have happened if you had

It's an even more apt metaphor because the situation starts by getting worse but it's the catalyst for much greater things.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I babysat a puppy this week

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Ecco is snubbing me.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Amoeba102 posted:

Ecco is snubbing me.

I missed your name sorry! podima just pointed it out he can confirm.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

No worries.

But now I need to find a new life confession.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I have nothing to confess, my life is an open book containing neither secrets nor scandals.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
I can name at least four friends where I went through a phase of embarrassingly crushing on them (and not having it be returned). In every case, it made the friendship better for me to just put it out there because once I was rejected, it freed me up to look elsewhere for someone who would actually return my feelings.

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

For the most part, I believe that if a friendship is grounded in something genuine it will usually survive something like this if both parties are willing.

(obviously these are all just my opinions and not meant as Factual Truths)

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

I missed your name sorry! podima just pointed it out he can confirm.

Confirmed. Or is it? :twisted:

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

In my limited relationship experience, I found that being in that confusing situation was less fun than just being straight up and asking if the feelings were mutual. I also said right away that I was fine being friends and continuing our relationship in the way it already existed if they were not. This worked out well for me, but everybody is different. I imagine that a situation where you have feelings that you're hiding from somebody is more awkward than a situation where you you have clarified the situation. That's not to say things won't be weird at all, but if it's a friendship worth protecting, I doubt it will get that messed up.

To put another perspective on this: I have good relationships to this day with friends who previously had a crush on me, told me, and were subsequently rejected. My one negative experience in this department comes from a girl who continued to pursue me afterwards and repeatedly put pressure on me to be in a relationship I didn't want to be in. Our relationship soured completely. So don't do that.

In other news, I just celebrated my 4th year of being in a relationship last weekend, so that's swell.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Need a replacement for katamari mafia it's d2

Asking for replacements what have I become :negative:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Kashuno posted:

Need a replacement for katamari mafia it's d2

Asking for replacements what have I become :negative:

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
There's another part of this story that makes it not quite as simple as "just tell him how you feel" but I'm bad at explaining things so pera is gonna do it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

The solution seems to be electing peramene to handle your affairs