Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I like my modder drama to be carefully curated and edited, which unfortunately goes against modding's ethos in general.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
Smoking BadAss Kittycat Overhaul Mod V1.0

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

The Awful/Awesome Mods Thread: Practically bathes in a tub of respect for others

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

flatluigi posted:

it's called "writing funny articles"

I really hope you don't think that was supposed to be 100% serious

I haven't played the mod (yet) but that Shotkun image makes me think that maybe HDoom itself isn't completely serious. Not that the modder wasn't jerking off while they made it, just that maybe they were doing it ironically.

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
It's masturbatory in multiple ways

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

King Vidiot posted:

I haven't played the mod (yet) but that Shotkun image makes me think that maybe HDoom itself isn't completely serious. Not that the modder wasn't jerking off while they made it, just that maybe they were doing it ironically.

Naw they're just able to laugh at themselves while unironically jerking off.

Largejaroalmonds
Sep 25, 2007

The guy has a pretty disturbing worldview. Yeesh.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/LordZarmack

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Largejaroalmonds posted:

Rimworld:
954 hrs on record
Currently In-Game

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(
That's some drama, to be sure. Also, lol,

Jagged Jim posted:

The Awful/Awesome Mods Thread: Practically bathes in a tub of respect for others

But uh

Largejaroalmonds posted:

I'd never thought about what the comorbidity of aspergers and paranoid schizophrenia might sound like, and yet here we are. Apparently everyone who isn't this person's 'race' (which, uh, they make it sound like they mean anyone with autism?) has a %70 suicide rate and therefor invalid opinions about life.

It's kind of a shame if they're just stealing mods like several people were claiming, I'm just genuinely curious about what sort of content they'd be producing on their own if they focused on creative endeavors.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Largejaroalmonds posted:

"Dont talk to me unless you have a brain, and can hold a convosation."

lmao

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

4002 hours of Planetside? 166.75 solid days, almost half a year, of one game.

And I'd thought I'd played a lot of XCOM.

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

LordZarmack posted:

anyway- back to wearing the mask. , mods ar e up on mod db- your all welcome to them if you want them- ignore my long rant to twats - unless you want your brain scrambled. dont read them =) - it aint worth your time unelss, you have a curiousity to the mind of someone who has two seperate souls. and wa s born with the left hemesphere of their brain disconected from their right. -- its loving facinating being able to talk to another person in your head whos traped int he same body and all, but even more facinating that i am able to maintain a somewhat normal life.

-- how i suvive i dont know. but i do. - madness insanity-- all perspective.. to me this shits normal... to anyone reading it not familiar with highly advanced psycology... i sounds totaly insane. ;)

LordZarmack posted:

anyway enought of this poo poo, welcome to the elft side of my brain, and my second counciousness.

believe it or not. that personality and that person is locked away inside my mind. with me. and i am the only one who can contain it. - any use of drugs could impare my ability to restraign my other side. that would be verry unwise.

- believe me when i say. you dont ever want to be on my bad side. when there is no legal requirement for me to obey it.

LordZarmack posted:

you know nothing of what burdens or suffering we put up with each day due to your kinds loving ignorence to our suffering, we jsut want to be equal. but we are treated like dirt. when the opotunity arrises. i will make you all pay. i will remove your rights. your jobs. your homes. i will deny you a right to serve, to be in the police, to do anything but stack shelfs. and tehn , then we will be equal. when my foot is on your back pushing you into the mud you throw at us.

:eyepop:

e: for some reason I don't believe him when he claims to be "HIGH FUNCTIONING".

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Ah, all the edge of a suburban fifteen year old.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

armchairyoda posted:

lol, Two Worlds is back and he got into simulation games

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

You're welcome.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

armchairyoda posted:

For some reason, I don't believe he is actually like that. He's a loving loser fishing for attention.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Samizdata posted:

For some reason, I don't believe he is actually like that. He's a loving loser fishing for attention.
Far more likely. Split-brain condition exists, but I am pretty sure it doesn't work the way he describes it.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

marshmallow creep posted:

4002 hours of Planetside? 166.75 solid days, almost half a year, of one game.

And I'd thought I'd played a lot of XCOM.

drat, that's almost twice as much time as I've put into TF2.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Like if you gave Ullillilia alcohol and an SA account.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
You know, I hadn't thought Terraria was that moddable, but I was wrong. There's like three mods that add hundreds of items and several bosses each, a few that add entire new biomes, among others. There's even one that adds classes to the game, and not just the standard melee/range/magic/summon types. Some of the later classes get bonuses from being in certain (normally hostile) biomes, or are based around flying at all times, or even ones who have damage from non-standard sources, like your fishing power, explosive teleports or a thing akin to Megaman's leaf shield.

Sadly its pick one from the start of a character and stick with it, while Terraria's whole system is designed around being able to shift from one playstyle to another just by switching your equipment.

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug
The new Touch the Skyrim does a pretty hilarious job with some of the creepier "sexy slippery" bodymods.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fu-w1-viB2E

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Cup Runneth Over posted:

There's a word filter?! :monocle:

There were a few. Back when fiestacat was still getting raped into the ground as goons are wont to do with memes, the mods filtered "fiesta" to "stupid loving" so suddenly people in Automotive Insanity found themselves talking about the Ford Stupid loving.

Edit: Did anyone else catch that the writer responsible for the PCGamer article about Hdoom found out about it through our very own front page writer Zack Parsons' twitter?

Hexenritter fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Feb 6, 2017

Thefluffy
Sep 7, 2014
how about dem doom mods https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVrEFFdKVnw

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

Hexenritter posted:

There were a few. Back when fiestacat was still getting raped into the ground as goons are wont to do with memes, the mods filtered "fiesta" to "stupid loving" so suddenly people in Automotive Insanity found themselves talking about the Ford Stupid loving.

Also college football fans in SAS found themselves discussing the Stupid loving Bowl.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

m2pt5 posted:

Also college football fans in SAS found themselves discussing the Stupid loving Bowl.

:lol: I never went near SAS so I didn't know about that one.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

Hexenritter posted:

:lol: I never went near SAS so I didn't know about that one.

I only knew it because I ran across the "Stupid loving Bowl" article in the SAclopedia, I wasn't actually around during the Fiesta Cat event.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ji9qSuQapFY

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drwiRnZKL78

Devdisigdu
Mar 23, 2016

The shadows lengthen
In Carcosa.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wphrYGIhHfk
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=817536547

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Does this count as a modder meltdown?

http://steamcommunity.com/app/211/discussions/0/133256758575936719/

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I actually have seen an application that took pen and paper RPG systems and provided a way to play them. It was every chat and forum ever made.

Epsilon Moonshade
Nov 22, 2016

Not an excellent host.

Ghostlight posted:

I actually have seen an application that took pen and paper RPG systems and provided a way to play them. It was every chat and forum ever made.

There are also a fair number of programs that let you run a game over the 'net, and I'm pretty sure they were around when I was in high school. Dude's claiming ownership of an idea that's been around for longer than he's been "helping Gabe" :v:

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!
What idea is he going on about, anyway? I get that he's accusing Gabe of stealing his ideas but I'm not certain what that idea is except for something about catching whomever leaked HL2.

Edit: vv Oh wow. I can see that now, guess I missed it because it was too stupid.

i am tim! fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Feb 10, 2017

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

He claims he invented digital distribution.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

so what

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
nerd nuts so whats

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Cup Runneth Over posted:

"I invented the Internet of Games" - StealthGore

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/545250/

metricchip
Jul 16, 2014

Appropriate... I'm still convinced that this is a Skyrim sex mod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Correction; he claims to have invented the idea for digital distribution

Cause that's very legally actionable you see