Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Chop sticks are a terrible eating utensil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zh1
Dec 21, 2010

by Smythe
mudvayne

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

zh1 posted:

mudvayne

Also a terrible eating utensil.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Fister Roboto posted:

Chop sticks are a terrible eating utensil.

*scoops sushi rolls up with a spoon full of soy sauce*
*stabs dim sum apart trying to get it on a fork*

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Baronjutter posted:

Unpopular sushi opinion: it's better without soy sauce. So is everything else.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
soy sauce is good if food isn't drowned in it

mojo1701a posted:

That's because people soak it in soy instead of just dipping it in a touch. I also know people who throw the wasabi right into the bowl instead of adding it separately.

I just eat the wad of wasabi

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Unpopular sushi opinion: it's better without soy sauce. So is everything else.

That's because people soak it in soy instead of just dipping it in a touch. I also know people who throw the wasabi right into the bowl instead of adding it separately.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Baronjutter posted:

According to Alton Brown, sushi was supposed to be eaten with your hands because it started as a street food. Don't know if that's true or not. Doesn't matter to me since I know how to use chopsticks because I spent the minutes it takes for an adult to be able to figure it out.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I've been able to eat using chop sticks since I was 3 years old, but they're still terrible. Anything they can do, a fork can do better.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

They're outright better for small potentially fragile things you want to pick up, dip in something, and eat (like sushi or dim sum). For most other situations, yeah. Also thinking you have to use chopsticks to eat certain foods or you're not getting the true correct pure experience is silly.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Fister Roboto posted:

I've been able to eat using chop sticks since I was 3 years old, but they're still terrible. Anything they can do, a fork can do better.

Chopsticks are easier for me than forks for nearly everything including salads.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
If that was stainless steel, maybe.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I wonder if chinese goes well with sushi...

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Soy sauce and wasabi taste good on drat near anything. I fuckin drown food in soy sauce it's delicious, wash me in you judgement.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Drug testing employees is stupid and a waste of time, and completely invasive.

Unless there is an accident then check, but it should never be a condition for employment

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Jastiger posted:

Unless there is an accident then check, but it should never be a condition for employment

I completely disagree. If you value breaking the law over your employment you deserve to be fired no matter how long you worked there or how good of an employee you are. Companies should only employ law-abiding citizens.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I'm kind of in the same boat as I am with the NFL drug policy. It's stupid but if you get busted you're even stupider.

zh1
Dec 21, 2010

by Smythe
mudvayne

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Jastiger posted:

Some companies that deal with government contracts are required to I think

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
I think it's valid in workplaces that have heavy machinery being operated, or people driving

I couldn't give a poo poo if it's just some office dronery, who cares if you've been a good boy / girl?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Three in one? Chopsticks, fork, and ???

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Looks like they can detach in the middle, so really really long corn on the cob holders

Real answer is probably kebab?

Aschlafly
Jan 5, 2004

I identify as smart.
(But that doesn't make it so...)

I completely disagree. If you value breaking the law over your employment you deserve to be fired no matter how long you worked there or how good of an employee you are. Companies should only employ law-abiding citizens.

Why stop with drug laws? Fire anyone who breaks any law, ever, including traffic laws. Boom, 100% unemployment overnight

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Field Mousepad posted:

Soy sauce and wasabi taste good on drat near anything. I fuckin drown food in soy sauce it's delicious, wash me in you judgement.

:):hf::)
I also dislike hot spice (some's fine, I just draw the line at mouth-numbing) but love that wasabi/horseradish spice. The spicier, the better.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Why are you such a square?

Ever speed on the way to work, law breaker?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Tiggum posted:

Conversation piece.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Yeah im talking drug use. This is just another way for capitalists to policr behavior to shut out dissent by disenfranchising those that politically oppose them

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Think of all the jobs you'll lose if you eliminate mandatory drug testing though. Why do you hate the economy?

King of Foolians
Mar 16, 2006
Long live the King!

starkebn posted:

I think it's valid in workplaces that have heavy machinery being operated, or people driving

I couldn't give a poo poo if it's just some office dronery, who cares if you've been a good boy / girl?

I would add that I would like drug testing to also apply to those that work with children. But I agree that for the most part as long as it doesn't affect job performance that it should be no ones businesses what you do outside of work.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

It's funny that we'll drug test Walmart stockers and not surgeons.

Your nurse is probably high on painkillers.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

:laffo:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

WampaLord posted:

It's funny that we'll drug test Walmart stockers and not surgeons.

Your nurse is probably high on painkillers.

They drug test doctors and nurses to hell and back, but just like every other job they only have to be sober at hire and maybe one other time they're notified of in advance for like an annual health screening or something. Unless they show up to work too stoned to function and are forced to go the next day they can be hosed up all the time. So basically if they're too stupid to hide their drug use like a normal person they get fired.

I think it's a fair system since it really only messes up people too dumb or too far down the rabbit hole to function in their job.

Solice Kirsk has a new favorite as of 03:33 on Feb 2, 2017

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

When I was hired for a low rung Apple Store retail job they told me not to do drugs before work. You are allowed to have one glass of wine during lunch.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Tiggum posted:

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Das Boo posted:

:):hf::)
I also dislike hot spice (some's fine, I just draw the line at mouth-numbing) but love that wasabi/horseradish spice. The spicier, the better.

I could live off the wasabi soy sauce flavored almonds. They are drat expensive though.

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

I like drug tests by virtue of the fact that I always have an excuse when that marijuana rights activist who's always weirdly aggressive about making sure everyone at the party hits the blunt he wrapped gets in my face. Come on man we're about to go on a pub crawl, why the hell would I want to get zapped out of my mind before we even hit the first bar.

Otherwise, it's a waste of time and all it does is take money out of the pockets of hard-working drug dealers while their clients all cleanse on orange juice for two weeks before the requisite piss test.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Drugs expand your mind and help you perceive the limitless expanse of the universe. We're all different manifestations of the same ongoing uber-reality that is unfolding constantly, like ripples on the same ocean. We're all stardust. Im sorry that many of you are too limited in your ways to understand this, so complacent or more appropriately too fearful to explore beyond your own everyday comfort circle. Its very sad but I guess if you wanna stay limited and never reach your full potential as a cosmic entity, I cant make you. Oh well

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Blue Star posted:

Drugs expand your mind and help you perceive the limitless expanse of the universe. We're all different manifestations of the same ongoing uber-reality that is unfolding constantly, like ripples on the same ocean. We're all stardust. Im sorry that many of you are too limited in your ways to understand this, so complacent or more appropriately too fearful to explore beyond your own everyday comfort circle. Its very sad but I guess if you wanna stay limited and never reach your full potential as a cosmic entity, I cant make you. Oh well

One time on acid I figured out the meaning of life and immediately started crying because I knew I wouldn't remember it because I was too hosed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devoyniche
Dec 21, 2008
I talked to a dude who speculated that most economic movements and protests today were started by the 1 %. Like, all the movements like Black Lives Matter, even feminism, they didnt gain real traction until after Occupy Wall Street. The dude speculated that the rich, the 1% were actually rattled by the idea of OWS and realized that what was needed more was to turn people against each other rather than threaten the oligarchy; which led to what you see today where people of the same "class group" are angry at each other over political disagreements, rather than both of them being angry and working against the guys at the top. It was a form of 'divide and conquer' in his words.