Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

The Vosgian Beast posted:

He has no idea what he's gotten himself into by asking the internet to recommend him anime

For every good recommendation there's going to be three well-meaning but deeply silly people telling him to watch Elven Piss Psychics

3? Oh, bless your heart, honey. There's no way the ratio isn't at least 30 insane and horrible suggestions for every 1 reasonable suggestion.

SFDebris does internet reviews of shows people pay him to review and most of the anime he's reviewed he clearly doesn't like and you've got to wonder why in the flying gently caress someone would pay a guy who started out as a Star Trek commentator to review them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Somebody call in Cemetery Dance 'cause I'm too lazy.

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

Evil Mastermind posted:

First they came for the waifus...

By the way, they're taking Listener Request Month calls until February 10th. Now I just need to remember what movies I wanted to call in.

When did they announce this?! Omg, y'all know what I'm gonna request

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Shirec posted:

When did they announce this?! Omg, y'all know what I'm gonna request

It's at the beginning of today's episode.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Did they mention if they're picking or if it's out of a hat again?

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

END ME SCOOB posted:

I considered going Jojo for sheer "well, if you like confusion..." but it starts so slow. So I feel like if I have to give a caveat, maybe I just shouldn't.

JoJo pretty much opens with the world's biggest rear end in a top hat parkour-flipping out of a carriage and booting a dog 10 feet in the goddamn air

it's slow compared to later parts but JoJo actually frontloads a lot of the nutty poo poo more than you'd think

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

weekly font posted:

Did they mention if they're picking or if it's out of a hat again?
Yeah, it's going to be a hat pick.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
shootin jelly

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

Evil Mastermind posted:

Yeah, it's going to be a hat pick.

I'm kind of glad cause then no one has to hear me stumbling over my words about Tim Curry

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Bee Movie is the one anime I want them to discuss and in seven days it will be a reality :woop:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
The We Hate Movies Bee Movie Review But Sped Up Every Time Chris Laughs.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

Sent them an Animation Damnation listener request. I hope they like Wolfmans and Frank Welker

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I wonder if they're doing Bee Movie before Listener Request Month just so people don't stuff the ballot boxhat with it.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Evil Mastermind posted:

I wonder if they're doing Bee Movie before Listener Request Month just so people don't stuff the ballot boxhat with it.

I think you mean bonnet.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

A Meat posted:

Sent them an Animation Damnation listener request. I hope they like Wolfmans and Frank Welker

I really want them to do the Free Willy cartoon. Per Wikipedia:

quote:

Plot
Jesse, age 14, has been adopted by his foster parents, the Greenwoods, and they have moved from Seattle to the Pacific coast. He is given a job at the Misty Island Oceanic Reserve, a local wildlife rescue and research institute where Randolph, his Native American mentor from the movie, now works. In the first episode, Jesse discovers he has the ability to talk to animals and understand their speech; Randolph, a Haida, explains that he is a Truth Talker. This revelation allows for Willy and the other sea creatures featured in the show to have full personalities and more prominent roles in key plot events. Jesse and Randolph work with Mr. Naugle, the head biologist, and Marlene, a research assistant, who are studying Einstein, a dolphin, and Lucille, a seal, teaching them behavioral communication with normal humans.

The main villain of the series, similar in personality to Captain Ahab, is a cyborg called "The Machine" who holds Willy responsible for his loss of an arm and part of his face. It was initially implied that Willy had bitten them off, but a flashback revealed that his submarine was destroyed upon encountering Willy, hurling him into another ship's screw propeller. His appearance recalls Locutus of Borg and the Phantom of the Opera. When not using his new submarine to create environmental havoc, he dons a mask and glove (perhaps a nod to the contributions of Michael Jackson to the films) for disguise and continues to run an oil company under his former identity, Rockland Stone.

Early in the series, The Machine jettisons his ship's skipper, a rather nervous fellow by the name of Captain Frye, revealing he has created, à la Frankenstein, four green, slimy, synthetic henchmen called Amphonids from inanimate toxic waste. They mainly function as comic relief, oddly reluctant to carry out instructions to pollute and destroy the environment, preferring to slouch around and entertain themselves, and often making costly and catastrophic errors for The Machine.

Throughout the series, Jesse is constantly fighting plots and schemes hatched by The Machine to destroy Willy, such as releasing deadly parasites and creating genetically modified giant squid predatory to orca, and to despoil the ecosystem, such as wanton spilling of garbage, toxic waste and oil into the sea. Meanwhile, he attempts to influence the ostensibly reasonable industrialist Mr. Stone to adopt environmentally friendly industrial practices through his publicist, P.R. Frickey.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Any of the multiple Siegfried and Roy cartoon series would be good too, if just for the crew's incredulity. This one, which used to be on Hulu, would probably be best, though.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Darthemed posted:

Any of the multiple Siegfried and Roy cartoon series would be good too, if just for the crew's incredulity. This one, which used to be on Hulu, would probably be best, though.

Father of the Pride is also a good choice, it was a tremendously expensive fiasco at the height of Dreamworks' post-Shrek success and also a tragic send-off of S&R considering that it was supposed to be what kept their legacy going after they had to shut down their stage show due to the mauling and was such a critical and ratings flop that they didn't even finish airing it.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

I am definitely sending in Fillmore!, because a) I'm hoping for a We Love Cartoons, and b) they asked for a Hannibal Lecter cartoon in the Beetlejuice episode, and this is the closest you're going to get.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I wonder if they'd do someting like Rocko's Modern Life! - it's pretty 'good' but very bizarre and quite surreal. It'd be very interesting at the least.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Did I have a stroke or did Andrew tell the exact same story twice in the Independence Day episode?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

He told it at the end of last week's episode.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Oh, that makes more sense. I'm behind so I've been listening to them back to back this week :v:

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
There's a new mailbag out, where the whole team is unaware there actually is a massacre scene in Antz

painynumbs
Apr 1, 2011

The Vosgian Beast posted:

There's a new mailbag out, where the whole team is unaware there actually is a massacre scene in Antz
I love it.

I guess if you never saw it, you probably wouldn't guess a bug movie for kids with Woody Allen in it would also include a shockingly violent battle scene.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

painynumbs posted:

I love it.

I guess if you never saw it, you probably wouldn't guess a bug movie for kids with Woody Allen in it would also include a shockingly violent battle scene.

The main villain also bites it visibly on screen by falling from a high height and slamming headfirst into a large tree root. Antz is oddly brutal.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Angry_Ed posted:

The main villain also bites it visibly on screen by falling from a high height and slamming headfirst into a large tree root. Antz is oddly brutal.

Also the Wasp's wife getting smashed by a fly swatter.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
And at least one ant being vaporized by a magnifying glass-focused beam of sunlight.

painynumbs
Apr 1, 2011
Well then I'm gonna go ahead and call in Antz

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
I hope Eric never runs out of opportunities to work an edging joke into every episode.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
They haven't done Underworld, have they? I feel like they'd have a field day with that.

Or maybe one of the sequels. I really wish I could call in Blood Wars, but that's still in theaters, so Awakening would have to be the pick since it's also hilarious and stupid.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

They haven't done Underworld, have they? I feel like they'd have a field day with that.

Or maybe one of the sequels. I really wish I could call in Blood Wars, but that's still in theaters, so Awakening would have to be the pick since it's also hilarious and stupid.

They talked about them in Dungeons & Dragons. They know what they're trying to be and are fine with that. I think that might be the only time they were brought up.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

duz posted:

They talked about them in Dungeons & Dragons. They know what they're trying to be and are fine with that. I think that might be the only time they were brought up.

I still want them to talk about one of those movies because they are hilariously goddamn stupid.

I mean, jesus christ, the latest movie has a scene where two dudes shoot an entire magazine into each other and then yell so hard the bullets spontaneously fly out, and that's not even the dumbest thing that happens in that movie by far

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Angry_Ed posted:

And at least one ant being vaporized by a magnifying glass-focused beam of sunlight.

Antz exists almost entirely because when Katzenberg finally left Disney to co-found Dreamworks A Bug's Life had just started production and he wanted to push a rival cartoon ant movie into theaters ahead of it just to spite his previous employers.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
They bring them up in I, Frankenstein too - which was meant to include a cameo from Kate Beckinsale in a stinger scene linking the movies together or some such. And them speculating that Bill Nighy was probably meant to be playing the same character as in the Underworld movies.

I'm excited for them to be watching the sheer inane insanity of Bee Movie.

Pesky Splinter fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Feb 2, 2017

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Bee Movie feels like a movie that's writing itself as you watch it

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
While the toys may have been terrifying in a Dennis Quad sort of way, I wonder if the guys ever watched the Mighty Max cartoon.

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

I broke down and joined patreon for the show. I've been listening to animation damnation. I'm on the robocop cartoon, I'm relived that Andrew Jupin has also seen those four TV movie's, but I got some good(?) news, there was a second cartoon robocop series and a live action TV show. I don't remember much about the show other than Robocop had a holographic sidekick and fought a bloke with really nasty burns to his face.

Here's the intro to the cartoon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W92tZHOLSNo

I'm afraid I'm blanking on the name :)

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
I'm really surprised they haven't touched Van Helsing yet.

Violator
May 15, 2003

I noticed Bee Movie was high on the trending list on Netflix a few nights ago. Do the boys have that kind of power? Or is it a comedy fad at the moment?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Violator posted:

I noticed Bee Movie was high on the trending list on Netflix a few nights ago. Do the boys have that kind of power? Or is it a comedy fad at the moment?

Bee Movie's been a comedy fad for a while because of how flat-out loving bizarre the whole vehicle is.