Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
Drag the whole process out until Marie Le Penn and Vladimir Putin finish the EU off for us?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Cannot wait for the Spicer/Trump tears.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

trump should aspire to be lincoln :nsallears:

I also hope that he crushes his enemies in a bloody conflict, his victories are enshrined by multiple constitutional amendments, and he is remembered as one of our greatest presidents.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Number Ten Cocks posted:

I also hope that he crushes his enemies in a bloody conflict, his victories are enshrined by multiple constitutional amendments, and he is remembered as one of our greatest presidents.

Tread carefully.

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009
Hahahaha Tillerson starts off his remarks at State by apologizing for being late from the National Prayer breakfast. "It seems people felt they had a lot to pray for this year" or something along those lines.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Zeris posted:

Tread carefully.

Understood, I'm consciously limiting those sorts of things in response to light hearted assassination jokes.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Please Trump, pick a fight with Arnold. His image might be a bit tarnished after politics, his seperation from his wife, and a string of bad movies lately; but he's far more loved than you'll ever be.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Rex Tillerson sounds like the Motel 6 guy

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

shyduck posted:

We'll leave the radioactive glow on for you!

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

shyduck posted:

Welp, that's a FedEx arrow moment.

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

CHILD RAPE IS FINE WHEN I LIKE THE RAPIST
In news that should surprise absolutely no one here, those Humvees that rolled through Louisville flying the Trump flag? Belonged to SEALs

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

Drag the whole process out until Marie Le Penn and Vladimir Putin finish the EU off for us?

Something like that, it appears to be "We're going to maintain everything exactly like it is now, and work it all out later". I'm not a laywer but it seems they really don't get how to handle it.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

Hexyflexy posted:

Something like that, it appears to be "We're going to maintain everything exactly like it is now, and work it all out later". I'm not a laywer but it seems they really don't get how to handle it.

We should get the Don to negotiate for us, he 'gets the best deals'

Seriously though, I don't think the Govenment should be posting a white paper at all. They should be going in to the negotiations with their cards hidden and their poker face on and let everyone else fear the worst.

It's pretty difficult to get a decent deal on any closed negotiation when the other side know exactly what your key objectives are before you've even started.

Also gently caress the SNP.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot
Author of "The Flight 93 Election" revealed and profiled.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/decius-unmasked/article/2006623

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

sky shark posted:

In news that should surprise absolutely no one here, those Humvees that rolled through Louisville flying the Trump flag? Belonged to SEALs
That's a fuckin' weird message to be sending.

"One of our own was just killed needlessly because President Trump sent him on a mission without properly planning any of it, because he thinks that our lives aren't more important than getting some Muslim kills onto his score-card as quickly as possible for bragging rights. It could have been me who died only to serve this man's insatiable ego, and very well might be next time. Yay Trump, he's the best!"

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

We should get the Don to negotiate for us, he 'gets the best deals'

Seriously though, I don't think the Govenment should be posting a white paper at all. They should be going in to the negotiations with their cards hidden and their poker face on and let everyone else fear the worst.

It's pretty difficult to get a decent deal on any closed negotiation when the other side know exactly what your key objectives are before you've even started.

Also gently caress the SNP.

You're a right wing kind of person, I'm a left wing one - as far as I remember you own a business like I do. The political stuff doesn't matter, the way this is being handled in terms of a negotiation (not a contract, a constitution) is bloody awful.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Robot Hobo posted:

"One of our own was just killed needlessly because President Trump sent him on a mission without properly planning any of it, because he thinks that our lives aren't more important than getting some Muslim kills onto his score-card as quickly as possible for bragging rights. It could have been me who died only to serve this man's insatiable ego, and very well might be next time. Yay Trump, he's the best!"

Seems like a good fit after all the talk about Seals in general.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Robot Hobo posted:

On the other hand he's doing a lot of hawkish signaling and SEALs are retards :iiam:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

The Governator posted:

Hey Donald. I have a great idea. Why don't we switch jobs? You take over TV, cause you're such an expert in ratings. And I take over your job, so that people can finally sleep comfortably again

drat I miss my Governator.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Pesticide20 posted:

On the other hand he's doing a lot of hawkish signaling and SEALs are retards :iiam:

Yeah I guess it depends on if they're DEVGRU or normal SEALs. The normal SEALs I worked with were basically just rangers with less organization and less experienced officers. The SF dudes they fell under literally viewed them as fodder for missions that they thought weren't risking their own guys (or the Afghan SF) on.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Hexyflexy posted:

You're a right wing kind of person, I'm a left wing one - as far as I remember you own a business like I do. The political stuff doesn't matter, the way this is being handled in terms of a negotiation (not a contract, a constitution) is bloody awful.

This is how Trump has always behaved, though. His business negotiations typically include paying for half up front, and then never paying the rest and hiding behind his lawyers and the court system.

Instead now he's hiding behind the US military.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

Mr. Nice! posted:

This is how Trump has always behaved, though. His business negotiations typically include paying for half up front, and then never paying the rest and hiding behind his lawyers and the court system.

I was talking about the Brexit, but it's funny how the two things seem so similar.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
The Argentine real estate developer that Trump approached to build the wall called it the most idiotic thing he's ever seen

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

I fully expect trump to sign an EO that just says "I default on all of the US's debt to china" right before reelection. What's scary is a lot of people wouldn't realize how dumb something like that would be.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
This is sort of like the Trump draws twitter account, but national.

https://twitter.com/BradfordPearson/status/827176793819869185

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Trump scrawls out an EO in crayon saying the US defaults on all loans to foreign governments and banks. The Supreme Court is 4/4 split on whether he has the power to do this or not and since the dems haven't confirmed trumps SC nominee he has uses this as an excuse to dissolve the Supreme Court. Meanwhile the seals are renamed to waffen SS just before the invasion of Mexico and Canada. Because every officer that doesn't watch WWE has been booted out, combat group Mexico invades Canada during winter and is devastated. Combat group canada invades Mexico and continue on to South America but all drown crossing the Panama Canal. Not content with their own branch of service, the marines secede from the union starting their own nation state in Jacksonville declaring everything in range of their artillery range to be their domain.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

This is sort of like the Trump draws twitter account, but national.

https://twitter.com/BradfordPearson/status/827176793819869185

Trump holding up his EOs reminds me of a kid holding up a piece of art he made with macaroni and glue.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Bankers love Trump because of Dodd-Frank and the still-establishment view that Trump is just a normal republican. They haven't priced in the risk of intentional default at all. I'm wondering when, if ever, middle of the road people will start to realize Trump intends to do exactly what he says.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I'm honestly surprised that Trump hasn't played the word from the President in drat it Feels Good to be a Gangsta because it's crazy fitting

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Reverand maynard posted:

Trump holding up his EOs reminds me of a kid holding up a piece of art he made with macaroni and glue.

Bannon: "Y'know what, I'm so proud of you, this EO is going riiiiiggghttt up on the Fridge."

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Trump just rolled back some of the sanctions against Russia/the FSB from 2015.

https://t.co/XsZna1q2yL

https://twitter.com/ReaganBattalion/status/827195831228968960

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Feb 2, 2017

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Reverand maynard posted:

https://twitter.com/TrumpDraws/status/826542931112660992

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

Best Friends posted:

Bankers love Trump because of Dodd-Frank and the still-establishment view that Trump is just a normal republican. They haven't priced in the risk of intentional default at all. I'm wondering when, if ever, middle of the road people will start to realize Trump intends to do exactly what he says.

He can't be that dumb. He's dumb, of course, but that'd literally be the single worst thing you could do for the US economy, and the rest of the planet. It'd be a goddamn shitshow we couldn't fix for 20 years.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Conversely doubling down on gun control was not the best idea for them either.

CommieGIR posted:

:shrug: Evidence says it works

This is false. Why do you keep saying it?

U.S. States' rates of gun ownership vs homicide rate:

Here's a chart from 1994 of the 25 non-US countries considered "highly developed" by the OECD*, comparing intentional homicide rate and percentage of suicides completed with a firearm (as a good but imperfect indicator of firearms availability).

There is no correlation.

What is strongly correlated with violent crime? Poverty!

*because when you point out that Brazil and Mexico have super strict gun laws but bonkers homicide rates, people complain that they shouldn't count for some reason

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Not even going to go around with you today Dead Reckoning. Already been down that road.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Also John McCain called Australia's Ambassador to reaffirm American support for Australia despite our President being a massive piss baby.

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/827186327661735936

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
and that road is an electoral and result dead end

Guacamayo
Feb 2, 2012
TRUMP JUST LIFTED SOME OF OBAMA'S SANCTIONS IN RUSSIA!!!!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

All while Russia is busy repatriating Ukraine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

Mr. Nice! posted:

All while Russia is busy repatriating Ukraine.

They're trying. Not really winning that one.

• Locked thread