Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i like the insane ceo ladies. capitalism is violence, too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Pretty much every character is crazy in some way.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

El Burbo posted:

All the girls in this series are top-tier

Murder Music CEO lady ftw.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

K. Flaps posted:

Murder Music CEO lady ftw.

:3: She's cute. Haven't seen much of her in the English translations, yet.

I also like Soryuin Shion, the Koyo Academy Group Chairwoman. She's too cool for everybody, and is always smoking a cigarette.

Apparently her sister is featured in Sandrovich's other manga, Danberu nan kiro moteru? I'll have to check that out.

Jedah fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Feb 1, 2017

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

It's not really relevant, but one of the MCs is a rich girl with the last name Soryuin, and she has a familiar looking sister

There are lots of little cross references and cameos like this

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jedah posted:

Apparently her sister is featured in Sandrovich's other manga, Danberu nan kiro moteru? I'll have to check that out.

Yup. Her sister is the rich girl with a muscle fetish in Danberu.

Also:

(a) One of the main recurring characters is another girl whose family runs a boxing gym. Gao Lang (the Thai "God of War") trains in that gym - see the bottom panel on this page.

(b) The Intelligent Barbarian (the buff prof whom CEO Soryuin used to conduct a battle royale to find a new fighter for the tournament) wrote a book on bodybuilding which the Danberu girls consult in one chapter.

EDIT: Posted within seconds of the above post.

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Feb 1, 2017

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
The full page of I WANT TO HAVE YOUR BABIES is incredible

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

JosephWongKS posted:

Yup. Her sister is the rich girl with a muscle fetish in Danberu.

Nice, thanks for the reply. The Thai God of War character kinda reminds me of Zarbon from DBZ, haha.

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

The full page of I WANT TO HAVE YOUR BABIES is incredible

Yeah, what can be said about Karla without getting banned...

Let's just describe her as a teenager with a crush on the main character.

El Burbo posted:

There are lots of little cross references and cameos like this

Haha, is Karla wearing a Koyo academy uniform here? Seems like it.

Does she attend school there? Pretty cool, I see what you mean by all the little references.

Jedah fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Feb 1, 2017

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Also I like the secretary who is straight creeping on all the jacked dudes and the bit in that one bonus chapter where she imagines Ohms and Setsuna making out is hilarious

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

the bit in that one bonus chapter where she imagines Ohms and Setsuna making out is hilarious

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Jedah posted:

Haha, is Karla wearing a Koyo academy uniform here? Seems like it.

Does she attend school there? Pretty cool, I see what you mean by all the little references.

In my headcanon she does, but it's not confirmed in any way.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Chapter 50 is out

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
gently caress yeah Haru(o).

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Some brutal panels in this one, though I was kind of expecting the ending stinger since Ohma said "neither of them was fighting seriously," earlier. Seems unlikely it will mean an upset, but I wouldn't have expected Motobe to lose to a Sumo wrestler either. Also another example of rundown salaryman's curiously on-point fighter analysis.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Great chapter. I absolutely love Haru's character so far. It seemed like he was being set up for simple cannon fodder with a kinda sad backstory, but at this point I could even see him pulling off an upset. I believe in the strongest warrior in the Himalayas.
Also it's nice to see that Kazuo's instincts are still on point, I think he was the only one to realize that justice guy was being controlled.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
The time for dreams has ended. Now let's see the "true potential" of the strongest man of the Himalayas.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Kazuo and his CEO are better developed characters so I think they'll win. And then their next opponent will beat their strategy.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

heres a handy thing

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

El Burbo posted:

heres a handy thing

Kinda pity, outside of the current match, it's pretty bloody obvious who will the each of the initial fights in the first row....

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
I don't think that's true at all.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
a lot of them seem obvious but who knows with this manga. in massive spoilers though cosmo is on the volume 11 over

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

K. Flaps posted:

I don't think that's true at all.

I concur, there's like 3-4 choices that are plot-necessary or scream "bleeding obvious" in that chart, but overall I am quite interested in how things shake out. Like, unexpected curbstomps is about half the fights in this series so far.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Ok, I'll place my bets here:

3rd fight winner: Kure Raian. Some random priest guys vs. a handpicked member of Kure assassins which from looks of it are major plot-important faction? Especially if you consider that the second round will be him vs. Ohma and that match is pretty much inevitable, considering all the buildup with Karla and the fact that Kure assassins are employed by the son of our true protagonist.

4th fight winner: Tokita Ohma: Duh

5th fight winner: Wakatsuki Takeshi: Random dude with like 4 panels of screen-time vs. a fighter that was introduced in first 5 chapters of manga and is constantly hyped as one of the best kengan fighters? Considering all the buildup, I think this one is pretty clear

6th fight winner: Julius Reinhold: The dude with ridiculous hairstyle got a bit of screen-time and I kinda like him, but he is against the main and strongest fighter of one of the three main faction vying for domination of the Kengan tournament. He's toast.

7th fight winner: Muteba Gizenga: Ok, both are pretty minor characters, so I guess this one could go either way, but I refuse to believe that someone named THE GENOCIDER would lose his first fight. :colbert: (although he does have a lot of tattoos...:ohdear: )

8th fight winner: Sekibayashi Jun: Again, a pretty major and hyped up character against some random dude. We already saw what he has to offer in his fight with Ohma, so he is pretty much destined to lose, but I really doubt they would waste him on just some guy. THE GENOCIDER(or the other guy, I guess), or Julius Reinhold beating him is great way to build hype for their future matches, so I see him proceeding to second or even third round and losing to one of them.

I look forward just how wrong my guesses are. :allears: (But I would be pretty shocked if I was wrong about 3rd, 4th, 5th or 6th match.)

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
RIP Rihito when he goes up against Setsuna in the 2nd round. He's gonna get murdered to get to Ohma.

So for the semi-finals I think Ohma(top left bracket), Setsuna(top right bracket), and Fang(bottom right bracket) are a given but I have no idea who's gonna win the bottom left.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

RatHat posted:

RIP Rihito when he goes up against Setsuna in the 2nd round. He's gonna get murdered to get to Ohma.

So for the semi-finals I think Ohma(top left bracket), Setsuna(top right bracket), and Fang(bottom right bracket) are a given but I have no idea who's gonna win the bottom left.

My bet is Julius Reinhold, he is the strongest fighter of that badly scarred dude who seems to be the main rival of the business man Ohma and Kazuo (and Rihito) work for.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I'm still putting it all on Adam. I wont be fooled by that fakeout loss.

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.

Jose posted:

a lot of them seem obvious but who knows with this manga. in massive spoilers though cosmo is on the volume 11 over

Covers aren't necessarily spoilers. Himuro Ryo is on the cover of Volume 7, which we just started, but he lost his spot in the tournament to Kaneda Suekichi back in Volume 5.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

K. Flaps posted:

Chapter 50 is out

Thanks! Great chapter. Here's a link for the lazy.

Rangpur posted:

Some brutal panels in this one, though I was kind of expecting the ending stinger since Ohma said "neither of them was fighting seriously," earlier. Seems unlikely it will mean an upset, but I wouldn't have expected Motobe to lose to a Sumo wrestler either. Also another example of rundown salaryman's curiously on-point fighter analysis.

As Plutonis would say, Motobe didn't have his ninja tools. :ninja:

Rundown salaryman Kazuo Yamashita continues to be one of the best characters in the manga, with his on-point analysis, amazing facial expressions, and genuine commitment to being a good dad. I especially love the scene when Ohma meets his kids. Kazuo's character arc has been one of my favorite things about the series so far.

Jose posted:

Missing Homer, but loving your new avatar.

Work Friend Keven posted:

The time for dreams has ended. Now let's see the "true potential" of the strongest man of the Himalayas.

:hai:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm super excited for Mickey Mouse and Death Row Prisoner.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax
I made a lovely bracket!

If the whole thing goes uninterrupted I think it'll go something like this.

I'll probably be wrong by the third match though.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Also keep in mind these predictions only work if the tournament goes as planned. We've still got Hassad and Medicine Man as wild cards afterall.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

RatHat posted:

Also keep in mind these predictions only work if the tournament goes as planned. We've still got Hassad and Medicine Man as wild cards afterall.

True. I'd written them off as weird fanservice.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Sarcophallus posted:

True. I'd written them off as weird fanservice.

:gethill:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Hassad is a neat character who just keeps surprising you.

First he's a promising fighter, then he suddenly gets chumped to round the number to a nice 32 and introduce the bodyguards as a threat, and then now he's a goofy guy who loves eating beef and wants to go have fun.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Yeah, speculation is gonna be pretty weak until the wildcards start making their moves. I really wanna see the Medicine Man in action again, I love that dude.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
All the characters in this are deranged insane badasses who care only about killing till they lose a fight, at which point they become extremely chill and just love to hang around and do goofemups.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Work Friend Keven posted:

All the characters in this are deranged insane badasses who care only about killing till they lose a fight, at which point they become extremely chill and just love to hang around and do goofemups.

I'm praying Adam Dudley becomes a co commentator with Jerry.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
It's weird how Rihito went from a weirdo psychopath to a kinda funny likeable dude, but I like it.

Shame he's going to be the designated jobber of the series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Fabricated posted:

It's weird how Rihito went from a weirdo psychopath to a kinda funny likeable dude, but I like it.

Shame he's going to be the designated jobber of the series.

Agreed, I really hope Rihito doesn't become a jobber, since he appears to be the spiritual successor to Hanayama Kaoru from Baki. Both men were born with superhuman hand/grip strength:

Rihito:

Hanayama: