Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

Lay a fire within your soul and another between your hands, and let both be your weapons.
For one is faith and the other is victory and neither may ever be put out.

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer
:catstare:

My god, were going to be at war with Iran by Christmas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
I'm so sorry to those of you who are still in :cripes:

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

Lay a fire within your soul and another between your hands, and let both be your weapons.
For one is faith and the other is victory and neither may ever be put out.

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer
If there does end up being a war with Iran, nobody will ever trust us again in regards to nuclear weapons treaties.

Everyone will point to Iran giving up their weapons program and then promptly getting invaded/bombed.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Just those that are in? A war with Iran would escalate pretty loving quickly when Hezbollah starts loving around in Israel.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Hexyflexy posted:

Don't remind me about that loving book. If you've not read it, you should, but you'll have a really depressing day afterwards.

When the Wind Blows is up for free on Youtube if you ever feel like watching a perfectly nice retired English couple succumb to radiation poisoning.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Just those that are in? A war with Iran would escalate pretty loving quickly when Hezbollah starts loving around in Israel.

oh god you're right, they'll wind up bringing the draft back :magical:

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Can the military target former members that were in to boost the ranks in case of emergency? Like, could they call you back if they instituted a draft or something?

Like stopgap and stuff they did in Iraq?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
They wouldn't call back up recent discharges would they?

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

They don't draft guys with disability ratings right? RIGHT?

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Whip Slagcheek posted:

I'm actually terrified about it. If you kick off against Iran that isn't going to be a small war, it's going to be massive.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Saint Celestine posted:

If there does end up being a war with Iran, nobody will ever trust us again in regards to nuclear weapons treaties.

Everyone will point to Iran giving up their weapons program and then promptly getting invaded/bombed.

Have you heard of a country called Libya?

CommieGIR posted:

Half of my training cadre in an Army officer school circa 2008 were former officers called back from the IRR after being out a few years. I know a MP CPT who used to blog got an IRR call up to be on a MiTT a little earlier than that. I don't know that any Army NCOs ever got called up off the IRR, but they have 8 year immunity.

Number Ten Cocks fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Feb 2, 2017

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

The back and forth between Donnie and Arnold seemed lighthearted to me, but who knows with Trumpy

Meanwhile, in Russia
Russian critic Vladimir Kara-Murza suffers sudden organ failure

quote:

A prominent Russian opposition activist has been hospitalised with organ failure, two years after he almost died of suspected poisoning.

Journalist Vladimir Kara-Murza, who works for pro-democracy group Open Russia, fell ill at about 05:00 local time (02:00 GMT).

Mr Kara-Murza's wife told the BBC she was on her way to hospital where her husband is in a medically-induced coma.

The activist nearly died when he suffered sudden kidney failure in 2015.

"He is already on life support and in a medicated coma. It's the same clinical picture [as last time]," Evgenia Kara-Murza told the BBC.

"The reason is unclear like last time. He's been active and healthy [recently]."

The journalist's wife said he had suffered the same sudden onset of symptoms as in his previous illness.

"The ambulance took him directly to the hospital where the same medical team has since been trying to determine what is happening," she said.
"He was brought there conscious but was put in a medicated coma and on life support later, because his organs began shutting down like last time."

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Hexyflexy posted:

I'm actually terrified about it. If you kick off against Iran that isn't going to be a small war, it's going to be massive.

It would very quickly turn into a world war.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

So will we :downs:

ASAPI posted:

You will be interred in a dreadnought and serve the Emperor yet again, brother.

Would you like your amniotic fluid in vanilla, straciatella, or pumpkin-spice?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

A Handed Missus posted:

The back and forth between Donnie and Arnold seemed lighthearted to me, but who knows with Trumpy

Meanwhile, in Russia
Russian critic Vladimir Kara-Murza suffers sudden organ failure

Seriously, between the ex KGB guy and this, the sudden onset of arrests, and the FSB sanctions dropping, this is really creepy timing.

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

All this poo poo about Trump banning immigrants & refugees is a viral marketing campaign for the next Aliens Vs. Predator movie.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

So will we :downs:

You will be interred in a dreadnought and serve the Emperor yet again, brother.

Would you like your amniotic fluid in vanilla, straciatella, or pumpkin-spice?

I can live with that.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Wrong aliens and wrong predator.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Great time to be a reservist in a job thats needed in every command!

Great!

gently caress

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

(and can't post for 4 years!)

ASAPI posted:

:lol: If you're still in IRR they absolutely will.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
We just secure the existence of our ally and a future for Jewish children

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

SwampDonkey posted:

:lol: If you're still in IRR they absolutely will.

One thing an NCO in the WTB told us was that "if it ever gets bad enough the WTB would probably deploy to a combat zone."

He was probably right.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
This really is an amazing time to be alive.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Now that Trump is bungling military operations that might get some traction. Sucks that people have to die to convince people that he's unstable.

Or maybe not. I remember how depressing it was circa 2006 when soldiers were dying every day and all the Republicans would say about it was "We're going to wait to hear General Betrayus' report before we do anything".

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Third World Reggin posted:

I remember saying that when a presidential candidate assured the nation his dick was big enough.

Those were the good old days. :smith:

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band

Third World Reggin posted:

Enjoy while it lasts.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Saint Celestine posted:

:catstare:
My god, were going to be at war with Iran by Christmas.
What, would we start by imposing some sanctions and acting like they were a reaction to some threat that was never actually made?

http://www.reuters.com/article/usa-trump-iran-sanctions-idUSKBN15H2OE

A Handed Missus posted:

Trump is still an Executive Producer on The Apprentice. If he starts a Twitter war with Arnold, more people will tune in to The Apprentice to see what the fuss is about. Or they'll tune in to Arnold's show to spite Trump. Either way, it's Trump getting the media to give free advertising for one of his projects, which is his signature move. Even now, with all of this going on, getting ratings boosts for his prime-time reality show is still taking up at least a little of his time.

Proud Christian Mom posted:

WE FINALLY HAVE A PRESIDENT WHO SUPPORTS ARE TROOPS
There's a word for the people who will be tasked with supporting our troops under Trump. "Pallbearers"

Robot Hobo fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Feb 2, 2017

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Casimir Radon posted:

Now that Trump is bungling military operations that might get some traction. Sucks that people have to die to convince people that he's unstable.

Or maybe not. I remember how depressing it was circa 2006 when soldiers were dying every day and all the Republicans would say about it was "We're going to wait to hear General Betrayus' report before we do anything".

No one is going to give a poo poo about troop deaths with Trump in office because WE FINALLY HAVE A PRESIDENT WHO SUPPORTS ARE TROOPS and theyre just going to keep telling themselves that are heroes are dying for are freedom

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Proud Christian Mom posted:

No one is going to give a poo poo about troop deaths with Trump in office because WE FINALLY HAVE A PRESIDENT WHO SUPPORTS ARE TROOPS and theyre just going to keep telling themselves that are heroes are dying for are freedom

Actually, the operation was a huge success.

Top comments include:

"I bet these operators are having a ball with the new administration giving them the green light to destroy these evil SOBs. I always admire these quiet professionals, their job is straight out of a video game. The book "No Easy Day", and couple other sources provides a small glimpse into there organization, I can only imagine what other covert operations these professionals conduct. True heros! Putting their lifes on the line to destroy terrorist, who are out to do harm towards others who dont believe in there evil ideology. God Bless them, and be with the familys of the Fallen."

and

"Civilian death in an already war torn country is nothing to get worked up about lady. Collateral damage... war isn't pretty"

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
SOFREP sucks rear end

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
If the intent was to just kill everyone and shrug they should've just ordered a carpet bombing. If he's running the government like a business he just spent a bunch of money on overcomplicated pens when he could've used a pencil.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
No way man. They're totally real deal operators who are now on the cutting edge of military operations, getting the latest and greatest news and using their military experience to give valuable insight and don't forget to sign up for the sofrep monthly loot crate (or tactical survival gear box as us operators call it)

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

Do you not know what the IRR is

Everybody who's out is still "in" for several years

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Buca di Bepis posted:

what if you get out the fun way

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Buca di Bepis posted:

Not me, checkmate

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Reagan didn't understand anything he couldn't parse through movies. Trump seems to be the same way, except far more vindictive, and a much shorter attention span.

FastestGunAlive posted:

"I bet these operators are having a ball with the new administration giving them the green light to destroy these evil SOBs. I always admire these quiet professionals, their job is straight out of a video game. The book "No Easy Day", and couple other sources provides a small glimpse into there organization, I can only imagine what other covert operations these professionals conduct. True heros! Putting their lifes on the line to destroy terrorist, who are out to do harm towards others who dont believe in there evil ideology. God Bless them, and be with the familys of the Fallen."

and

"Civilian death in an already war torn country is nothing to get worked up about lady. Collateral damage... war isn't pretty"
Heroic Facebook posting from guys who were too busy to make it down to the recruiter's office from 2001 to present.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They're still are going to hate Adderall till the end of the time aren't they? :smuggo:

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

ASAPI posted:

Check your reenlistment code. 4R is completely nonwaiverable. If they are calling up 4s don't bother turning up as we're all hosed. 3 is waiverable so enjoy your new 11B life, and 1 you might as well just eat a bullet now because you're first on the meat wagon so you might as well save yourself the marching before you die horribly.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Printing a copy of my IRR discharge letter tonight. Gonna sleep warmer under that than I would a blanket with President Chucklefuck in charge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
If you are draftable that mean you aren't smoking enough weed everyday

• Locked thread