Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Hello I will probably be joining this thread for some discussion now that Toronto has a league team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Drunk Canuck posted:

Hello I will probably be joining this thread for some discussion now that Toronto has a league team.

Welcome! Just like your first taste of heroin, you'll always remember this moment as your life descends into a maelstrom of drug-fuelled bestiality, steroid abuse and (allegedly) hair-pulling.

If you decide to follow the NRL pick the Broncos as your team because we control the media and can keep more of our players' indiscretions out of sight, plus we have a good line on a Thai rehab clinic. Also get behind the mighty Queensland Maroons in State of Origin because we're the best and only the losingest losers to ever love losing would want to support the pissweak NSW Bluesers.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Counterpoint: gently caress the Broncos.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Counterpoint

Follow the Tigers and become a hollow shell of a person like many of us. Also follow NSW as winning things is overrated.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
gently caress the broncos

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

bowmore posted:

gently caress the broncos

New thread title

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
At least the Tigers and NSW have won their respective competitions within our lifetimes.

Follow the Warriors and prepare to be permanently disappointed.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Vagabundo posted:

At least the Tigers and NSW have won their respective competitions within our lifetimes.

To be fair, I'm in Mount Eden right now and it appears that perpetually gloomy is just the ground state here.

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen

Vagabundo posted:

We won the minor premiership once*

*by points differential . . . that year the Bulldogs had 37 points docked

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Pick the Raiders we are by far the most entertaining team in the comp. Just dont have too much loyalty and be prepared to flee when they start to stink (around the year 2017)

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
this is the off year for Canberra but I feel like they might finally buck that trend

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Drunk Canuck posted:

I followed the league last year and have arbitrarily decided to follow the Panthers

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Alain Post posted:

I followed the league last year and have arbitrarily decided to follow the Panthers

This is what mental illness looks like

Ps congratulations on winning the premiership this year

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Alain Post posted:

No no no no no.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Alain Post posted:

oi give me a choccy Oak

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

It's spelt Panfaass get it right

Mootallica
Jun 28, 2005

Let's go paannFFFERRRRSSSS

*insert panther roar here*

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
https://twitter.com/FULLBOONTA/status/827285787372720129

I know Mundine likes to rig favourable fights, but come on lol

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Fanatic posted:

https://twitter.com/FULLBOONTA/status/827285787372720129

I know Mundine likes to rig favourable fights, but come on lol

:lol: Quade's gonna make himself feel like a big man by beating up some chubby 14 year old

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
it'll be even funnier if Quade gets beaten by the chubby 24 year old

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

pick the morally correct team: the Patriots Storm.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Puckish Rogue posted:

pick the morally correct team: the Patriots Storm.
:sad:

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

I think I've played a Storm fan for so long I may actually be legit at this point. I chose them purely because a friend was a Broncos fan and I was messing with her but I really have no personal ties to any team other than hating a lot of them.

That said all my Billy Slater fanboying is legitimately real and I will continue it until he retires as the greatest fullback of all time as well as 2x Rexona Australia's Greatest Athlete.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Mootallica posted:

Let's go paannFFFERRRRSSSS

*insert panther roar here*

Big panthers fan here. Hell yeah.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Sharks are clearly the "didn't give a gently caress" team this year.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
Hayne just can't let go of his NFL dream.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
All of the bullshit aside, Hayne is really, really good at rugby league.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Panthers are actually a good choice for a new fan with no real alligence to anywhere in Australia to pick. A production line of talent and a team that really could win a premiership over the next couple of years.

A fun team too.

The panthers are a bit cursed though. They have shocking luck with injuries

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Smorgasbord posted:

All of the bullshit aside, Hayne is really, really good at rugby league.
not wrong

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Welp great work tigers

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Since this is my first real season following league and I know jack poo poo, are performances in the Auckland Nines at all predictive of how the season will turn out

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Alain Post posted:

Since this is my first real season following league and I know jack poo poo, are performances in the Auckland Nines at all predictive of how the season will turn out
Theoretically no.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Alain Post posted:

Yes Newcastle likely to continue to an undefeated season

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Alain Post posted:

Not at all really, the only thing it's good for predicting is exciting young injury replacement players who might get a run in the normal season, like Bevan French did last year

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

to be fair the Warriors game was probably a glimpse of things to come - repeated unforced dropped balls leading to a frustrating loss to a team we should beat.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

A glimpse into the past, present and future

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
the only team the knights beat last year was indeed the Tigers

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Warriors playing absolute dogshit football.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Mass exodus of warriors fans atm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

I've only been watching bits but I don't think I've seen a half time team chat without the F or C bomb being dropped by the coach yet lmao

• Locked thread