Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

AradoBalanga posted:

Alright, now that my phone battery ain't dead, let's see how this goes...

4 star Azama and the rest are all 3 stars (Eliwood, Corrin (F), Barst and Beruka).

Eh, could be worse. At least I have a flier, a mounted unit and a healer.

Barst would be good if he maintained his strength from the games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
well i can't really reroll easily but i snagged 2 5*

looks good to me i guess

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

I feel like the growths definitely reflect the characters to some extent. My boy Donny is only a 3-star, but he's gotten quite a few perfect level ups.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

I rerolled until I had a 5* and a healer in my first five summons (for me this was Male Robin and Maria respectively), and then the next five after that was a bonkers luckstring consisting of four 4* units and 5* Takumi.

I feel lucky, punks.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
is rerolling as simple as deleting the app on iOS?

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

just found out there is in fact a girl robin in this so now that's the character i'm after

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
3rd pull (you get basically 70 orbs up til world 7 give or take). Got 5 star Takumi.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

Yeah, though he could handle Abel in 1-4 thanks to WTA...but nope, forgot Gordin could snipe Barst and hosed that all up. :negative:

On the other hand, whoever said having a healer is a godsend was not kidding. Azama is amazingly useful, especially since the one I have has Reconcile out of the box, which is kind of a spin on the Live to Serve skill (heals Azama for the same amount of HP he's healing on a target unit). His other skill is Imbue...which just lets him heal 10 more of the target's HP than Reconcile does. Eh.

Still, I ain't going to knock his usefulness. My advice: if you roll a healer, keep him or her on the team. You'll be glad you did.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Another reason why not to rate units based on stars

My *3 Barst is 16 atk/7 spd. My *4 Barst is 14 atk/3 spd.

What the gently caress. That's a straight up downgrade.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

sharrrk posted:

just found out there is in fact a girl robin in this so now that's the character i'm after

:eyepop: Is she on one of the banners?

AradoBalanga posted:

Still, I ain't going to knock his usefulness. My advice: if you roll a healer, keep him or her on the team. You'll be glad you did.
I got Maria and aside from having no HP and getting nothing but bad levels, she's great. Just got her an offensive ability so turns she doesn't heal can be used getting exp.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
oh uh my ally id is 9010984528 and im rocking a 5* peri

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Tae posted:

Another reason why not to rate units based on stars

My *3 Barst is 16 atk/7 spd. My *4 Barst is 14 atk/3 spd.

What the gently caress. That's a straight up downgrade.

That said, higher star units get access to more skills. For example, Chrom can't unlock Falchion until 5*.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Nuebot posted:

I got Maria and aside from having no HP and getting nothing but bad levels, she's great. Just got her an offensive ability so turns she doesn't heal can be used getting exp.
Yeah, Azama needs a few more SP so I can burn it on his Assault skill. Keep on healing those nicks and cuts, ya sarcastic monk.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Nuebot posted:

she was an enemy unit in one of the chapters so that's how i found out

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Nuebot posted:

Based on the details list, she does not appear to be on there yet. She was a Green Mage and the only Robins listed currently are Blue Mages, so it's likely just the male one for now. But they'll probably add her eventually.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i'm crying

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

LornMarkus posted:

Based on the details list, she does not appear to be on there yet. She was a Green Mage and the only Robins listed currently are Blue Mages, so it's likely just the male one for now. But they'll probably add her eventually.

Oh, dang. I have no green units it occurs to me. I should get some in the future because they will, inevitably, have bonus requirements that will play that poo poo up.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

So looking looking at looking at Cain it seems his gimmick is to charge in, murder something with his Brave Sword and then use all his defensive skills to survive.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

sharrrk posted:

i'm crying

I just hope she also gets a Sword version, I'm already slightly annoyed to notice male Corrin is the Sword unit and female is the Dragonstone.

Edit: Also, holy poo poo did they ever redesign Navarre.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
whens the update that adds axe-anna-kissing functionality

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Here's a tip for you minmaxers, a unit dying erases all their levels for that map so if you get a bad or empty level, let them die

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
how long does it usually take to datamine all the art in games like this

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

So do Dueling Swords come back after some amount of time or do they only come back when you expend those crests/daily? Cause I don't see a timer.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Tae posted:

Here's a tip for you minmaxers, a unit dying erases all their levels for that map so if you get a bad or empty level, let them die

I think the levelup RNG is seeded, my Barst died after leveling up one map, and the next map he gained the exact same stats from levelling.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
Cain (5*), Hawkeye (4*), Draug (4*), Lissa (3*), Raigh (3*)

First time I got a 5* so I guess I may as well go with this.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'm probably gonna figure out the reroll macro someone made up above, and then spend the next few hours grinding for tiki while watching netflix or something

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

I'm probably gonna figure out the reroll macro someone made up above, and then spend the next few hours grinding for tiki while watching netflix or something
"Netflix and Whale" doesn't exactly have the same ring to it.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I have two Lon'qus, but I can't figure out how to combine them into one single, slightly bigger Lon'qu. I can highlight him in the merge menu, but the Next button doesn't activate. What am I doing wrong?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Bongo Bill posted:

I have two Lon'qus, but I can't figure out how to combine them into one single, slightly bigger Lon'qu. I can highlight him in the merge menu, but the Next button doesn't activate. What am I doing wrong?

You need to select both lonqus, and put them into each box manually. It's the contorl for situations where you have more than 2 of him or w/e

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

You need to select both lonqus, and put them into each box manually. It's the contorl for situations where you have more than 2 of him or w/e

As soon as I tap the second one, it deselects the first one, and it doesn't respond to multitouch. I can't drag, and if I long press it just takes me to the summary screen.

Edit: oh, I also had to tap on the boxes up above. I figured it out

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
does someone who isn't me want to make a google chart we can all put our friend codes in so it can go in the OP or something

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
what do you use verdant badges for?

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
getting more stars for your husbands

ShinyDais
Sep 5, 2016

LornMarkus posted:

So do Dueling Swords come back after some amount of time or do they only come back when you expend those crests/daily? Cause I don't see a timer.

Someone mentioned earlier that Dueling Swords refresh on a day cycle. I've been sitting at empty for more than a couple hours so I imagine that's accurate.

My friend ID is 1533880811
Come visit 4* Crumb the Barbarian and aid me in my quest to promote little 3* Nino, the murder-mage who could, all the way to 5*! I'll... do whatever friends in this game do for their friends! It doesn't appear to be fighting for each other, at least not yet.

Over two 5-pulls my other notable draws have been 5* Hinoka (not digging the brave lance yet, mine's Spd could be trashed tho), 3* Robin, and a 5* Jakob who got Robin's slot out of respect for his ability to sass me. I'm a big sucker for typical FE characterization but even so I'm digging the lines a lot of characters are getting.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Troposphere posted:

what do you use verdant badges for?

ranking up green units

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
Yeah I didn't get anybody good on my first roll, all 3*s. I linked my account already and got some rewards already, am I hosed?

AardvarkGrenadier
Mar 29, 2010
Game is fun. It does a really good job of getting a fast paced and bite sized Fire Emblem experience. Very good.

But what really matters here is

Roy is indeed, our boy

Oh and I guess friend ID is 1148367856 if anyone cares.

ShinyDais
Sep 5, 2016

Cosmic Afro posted:

Yeah I didn't get anybody good on my first roll, all 3*s. I linked my account already and got some rewards already, am I hosed?

You can upgrade 3*s all the way to 5*s, it just takes some effort. You have to level them to at least 20 and then sink some other resources into them, I think the question is basically just how much of a grind that is.

But 3*s seem pretty serviceable for a while anyway, given the kind of game this is I think it depends more on who you drew than what rank they are. And you'll get a couple more 5-pulls worth of orbs fairly quickly (I'm almost at my 3rd), so don't give up yet unless you really direly hate who you pulled.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Can someone post the nox link and guide? Hard to search for it on the phone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Someone already beat all the normal content with vanilla units, seriously anyone that's actually rerolling to play the content is just wasting your time