Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Really hoping the international app gets Chromecast natively but lol holding out hope for AFL tech support.

Also still waiting for membership package and members sweatershirt I ordered in December, good job on overseas shipping Australia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Round 1 team lists: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-02-02/aflw-all-the-round-one-teams

Remember to get your tips in! SAS Tipsquad: http://www.footytips.com.au/competitions/?competitionId=222622&ff=members (password in OP)

The oval is painted, get ready for tomorrow night and the other 3 games this weekend
https://twitter.com/CarltonFC/status/826930601437470721

Darcy Vescio and Mo Hope talk to the media this morning:
https://twitter.com/CarltonFC/status/826962075750584322

Bring it on.

Edit: Lights seem to be working pretty well. They'll have to install some permanent light towers soon I hope. A bit taller to keep the lights out of players eyes.
https://twitter.com/CarltonFC/status/827105503901659137

drunkill fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Feb 2, 2017

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
7:30 had a great piece on mo hope the other night. Should be up on iview

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

I was raised on the dairy, BITCH!
Speaking of streaming etc, I know Telstra has unmetered streaming of games on Telstra phones.
Has anyone hooked their phone up to their TV to try it that way?

I have Foxtel and I loving hate it and want to get rid of it but it has the footy and I like being able to just hang out and know it's going to work and look good without too much fuss.
But if I could hook my phone up to my TV and watch unmetered I would sign up to Telstra's cheapest plan and go that route.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Football tonight :supaburn:

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

pkid posted:

Speaking of streaming etc, I know Telstra has unmetered streaming of games on Telstra phones.

I have Foxtel and I loving hate it and want to get rid of it but it has the footy and I like being able to just hang out and know it's going to work and look good without too much fuss.
But if I could hook my phone up to my TV and watch unmetered I would sign up to Telstra's cheapest plan and go that route.

if you have a Chromecast and an Android phone yes you can. I'm not sure about iPhones. is your home internet poo poo or something? why not just use wi-fi to stream

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:

pkid posted:

I think someone in this thread was able to get it up and running with a chromecast box last year maybe? I don't think the quality comes out the best on a big screen though.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Gameday!

Getting ready to head out to the city then to the game later on. A reminder for others who are going, Yarra Trams are not putting on extra trams at the end of the match so it will be crowded as gently caress on route 19.

I suggest either walking to Royal Park station behind the zoo and catching a train back to the city, or walking to Lygon st and catching a tram there. Walking directions to/from the ground and Royal Park station: https://goo.gl/maps/uChumXCwqpv
Also I'd get there early, estimates of 15,000 are lowball, I would not be surprised if people are turned away at the gate come 7:45.

And if you're watching on tv (or via the AFL.com website where it will be streamed for free) stick around because afterwards there is a doco on womens footy airing on channel 7.

GO DA BLOOOS!

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I am outside of Australia and can't seem to find a way to watch the game free.

So it seems that if you want to watch the Women's games then your only bet is to pay for an AFL Live Pass

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Ooooooh pre-season games start in less than 2 weeks!

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Solemn Sloth posted:

Football tonight :supaburn:

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
It's happening etc

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
At the ground now. Good to be back after 12 years, place seems to be filling pretty fast. I reckon people will be turned away by 7:45 at this rate.

BrigadierSensible posted:

I am outside of Australia and can't seem to find a way to watch the game free.

So it seems that if you want to watch the Women's games then your only bet is to pay for an AFL Live Pass

Check afl.com in an hour and there should be a new article with the videoplayer.

Edit here it is.

Match centre with video stream
http://afl.com.au/womens/matches/match-centre?matchid=100640101&competitionid=10064

drunkill fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Feb 3, 2017

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Extra number 19 trams are on and they are loving packed

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

hiddenmovement posted:

Extra number 19 trams are on and they are loving packed

The Upfield is fairly sparse but slooooow, god drat

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Because the Crows are playing at Thebarton Oval, rather than somewhere with actual transport links, I have to choose between 90 minutes on a bus and hoping the ground isn't full, or driving and hoping I get a park

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Wow I haven't missed staring at better homes and gardens before a Friday night game. I haven't turned Foxtel back on yet, so I've just discovered my tv can't show the HD channels anymore 🙁

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

https://www.imgur.com/jADwM45

Gonna go to optus oval like its 1995

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Bad omen? Collingwood are impotent, their banner just snapped in half (one of the poles) while raising it.

Crowd is building. Broadcast side is packed. Northern side (where cameras will be looking) is still mostly empty because of the sun.

Time to stop posting until halftime.

Live stream & match centre: http://afl.com.au/womens/matches/match-centre?matchid=100640101&competitionid=10064

Carn da blooos :toot:

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
"Don’t be the moron tonight who picks out the flaws and compares every contest to the men’s game. Be the person who embraces the creation of this bright, growing competition that is well and truly here to stay."

http://www.thegreenfieldpost.com.au/sport/afl/opinion-gfp/2017/1/get-around-the-aflw-because-its-here-for-the-long-haul/

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Holy poo poo dr harry is still alive

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Wish I could go tonight but bubs isn't quite keen enough yet.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Why didn't anyone warn me he was going to be part of the coverage :colbert:

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
I was not 100% who I wanted to support as Essendon has no team. Leaned towards the Doggies and think before the first bounce tonight I'm gonna stick with that and declare myself a Women's Bulldogs fan. Super happy they made KB captain!

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Holy poo poo look at the crowd.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
That Pagans Paddock tho

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

Big torp into the forwardline ending with a mad snap goal. This is alriiiiight

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Game is a lockout!

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid
Football is rad.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

TG-Chrono posted:

Game is a lockout!

Fantastic. To think they wanted to have this at collingwood's training ground

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Netball background is the new basketball background

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
That was a great opening term. The atmosphere here is great. The PA system is a bit lovely but who cares. Great to see a full house here at prices park. Hard hitting game too

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Who's commentating?

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Hahaha that was such a pro time waste giving the ball back for the free.

How loud is it there?

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

This rules

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Fairly loud. The crowd roar is slightly higher pitched than normal

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug
Crowd is full of energy!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Anyone else notice that in the first quarter the clock counted up SANFL style, but in the second quarter it counted down AFL style?

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

NTRabbit posted:

Anyone else notice that in the first quarter the clock counted up SANFL style, but in the second quarter it counted down AFL style?

Yeah I just noticed that in the last few seconds. Sometimes that happens when the broadcaster loses connection to the official clock, and often gets restored to the countdown mid game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

NTRabbit posted:

Yeah wondered about that

• Locked thread